Official LG 47LM6700/55LM6700 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - 2012 - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #271 of 2137 Old 04-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Member
 
Tamakin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lent454 View Post

Here is LG's response to the True Motion activation-I can not tell a difference on any of the eye care settings... Watching Gladiator /Blueray

It is possible that the name for TruMotion feature has been changed to another name, Eye Care. You may check on the Eye Care option of your unit by following the instructions below.

1. Under the PICTURE option, scroll to EYE CARE and press ENTER
2. Using the Left/Right keys of the remote, select HI and press ENTER
3. You may press EXIT once you are finished

Wow are you serious? Go in settings, user guide and you'll see the description for Eye Care:

Adjusts screen brightness to prevent eye glare

These people really are just pulling anything outta their ass at this point. I say we all sue the crap out of LG!
Tamakin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 2137 Old 04-05-2012, 11:37 PM
Newbie
 
n10sityr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I discussed this issue with a friend who is an attorney. He said there's a strong argument for false advertisement.
n10sityr is offline  
post #273 of 2137 Old 04-06-2012, 12:39 AM
Member
 
erikcave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by n10sityr View Post

I discussed this issue with a friend who is an attorney. He said there's a strong argument for false advertisement.

I am in. I have E-mail and called LG already to complain about being tricked into buying a product that is missing advertised features.

I also got mine at Sears and am concerned that if I try to return it I with
l be charged a restocking fee.
erikcave is offline  
post #274 of 2137 Old 04-06-2012, 01:04 AM
Member
 
Tamakin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by n10sityr View Post

I discussed this issue with a friend who is an attorney. He said there's a strong argument for false advertisement.

I'm suing them for this reason.
Tamakin is offline  
post #275 of 2137 Old 04-06-2012, 03:51 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
J.Mike Ferrara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 3,303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mack View Post

Very interesting

Yep. Another review says it has the best 3D evah. What is one to believe?

J.Mike
Those who die with the most toys ... are still dead!
J.Mike Ferrara is offline  
post #276 of 2137 Old 04-06-2012, 03:53 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
J.Mike Ferrara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 3,303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Face it owners: LG shipped it's new 2012 TVs with incomplete (but advertized) features. Spread the word.

J.Mike
Those who die with the most toys ... are still dead!
J.Mike Ferrara is offline  
post #277 of 2137 Old 04-06-2012, 04:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Frank Benign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 254
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Mike Ferrara View Post

Face it owners: LG shipped it's new 2012 TVs with incomplete (but advertized) features. Spread the word.

IMO, I think it's a feature they disabled on purpose, and can probably switch back on whenever they please. Less options, more sales works for Apple, after all. Another example is Samsung's always on dynamic contrast and smoothing.

If people complain enough, they'll put it back in.
Frank Benign is offline  
post #278 of 2137 Old 04-06-2012, 09:02 AM
Member
 
Tamakin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Mike Ferrara View Post

Face it owners: LG shipped it's new 2012 TVs with incomplete (but advertized) features. Spread the word.

I'm not facing it. I'm suing them for false advertisement. The advertised feature doesn't work.
Tamakin is offline  
post #279 of 2137 Old 04-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Newbie
 
nomios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Crap, now I'm really on the fence. I wonder if Fry's will let me exchange it for a different TV brand?

Just not sure what to get for the same price ($999); the 6700 looked like the best model at that price.

I think I only have a couple of days to make a decision.
nomios is offline  
post #280 of 2137 Old 04-06-2012, 09:45 AM
Member
 
Tamakin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomios View Post

Crap, now I'm really on the fence. I wonder if Fry's will let me exchange it for a different TV brand?

Just not sure what to get for the same price ($999); the 6700 looked like the best model at that price.

I think I only have a couple of days to make a decision.

Sue them like me and get money and a more expensive tv from a different brand that actually does what it says.
Tamakin is offline  
post #281 of 2137 Old 04-06-2012, 10:33 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
J.Mike Ferrara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 3,303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamakin View Post

I'm not facing it. I'm suing them for false advertisement. The advertised feature doesn't work.

Are you a lawyer?

J.Mike
Those who die with the most toys ... are still dead!
J.Mike Ferrara is offline  
post #282 of 2137 Old 04-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Member
 
The Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wow this is very confusing...so in a nutshell they claim "trumotion" is always on, yet we cant get any confirmation that the tv is running at 120hz?

As for the option of eye-care, the manual says it adjusts the brightness, but when i mess with it, it def doesnt seem to adjust the brightness at all, maybe the manual is wrong.

I guess this issue doesnt really impact me, as my eyes cant see any blurring anywhere.
The Viper is offline  
post #283 of 2137 Old 04-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Member
 
Tamakin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Mike Ferrara View Post

Are you a lawyer?

No but my friend is.
Tamakin is offline  
post #284 of 2137 Old 04-06-2012, 11:42 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
J.Mike Ferrara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 3,303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamakin View Post

No but my friend is.

Well, here are steps you and your friend can take - good luck, you will need it.

1) Retain your receipt of the item you purchased and the advertisement that you believe is false.

2) Consult with a lawyer regarding your chances of winning your suit. Ask the lawyer if their is an alternative avenue you could or should pursue.

3) Try to not use the product and prepare it to be taken to court. If you cannot bring it with you, then take as many pictures of it as possible.

4) File a suit in civil or small claims court and pay the fee associated with filing a suit.

5) Find and subpoena witnesses who can speak to the fact the advertisement was misleading consumers. Also, find and subpoena the person who sold you the product.

J.Mike
Those who die with the most toys ... are still dead!
J.Mike Ferrara is offline  
post #285 of 2137 Old 04-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Newbie
 
nomios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yeah... I think I'll just fight with my wallet.

J.Mike, what are you doing? Keeping the T.V or exchanging it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Mike Ferrara View Post

Well, here are steps you and your friend can take - good luck, you will need it.

1) Retain your receipt of the item you purchased and the advertisement that you believe is false.

2) Consult with a lawyer regarding your chances of winning your suit. Ask the lawyer if their is an alternative avenue you could or should pursue.

3) Try to not use the product and prepare it to be taken to court. If you cannot bring it with you, then take as many pictures of it as possible.

4) File a suit in civil or small claims court and pay the fee associated with filing a suit.

5) Find and subpoena witnesses who can speak to the fact the advertisement was misleading consumers. Also, find and subpoena the person who sold you the product.

nomios is offline  
post #286 of 2137 Old 04-06-2012, 12:08 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
J.Mike Ferrara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 3,303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomios View Post

Yeah... I think I'll just fight with my wallet.

J.Mike, what are you doing? Keeping the T.V or exchanging it?

I'm keeping mine. I've already gone through 4 Samsung panels. The LG is far better in regards to screen uniformity issues, and the passive 3D is cool. It's crappy that LG shipped these models with incomplete SW, but so far, judder is not a factor.

J.Mike
Those who die with the most toys ... are still dead!
J.Mike Ferrara is offline  
post #287 of 2137 Old 04-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Senior Member
 
MentalDistortion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Mike Ferrara View Post

I'm keeping mine. I've already gone through 4 Samsung panels. The LG is far better in regards to screen uniformity issues, and the passive 3D is cool. It's crappy that LG shipped these models with incomplete SW, but so far, judder is not a factor.

truemotion is working on your set?
MentalDistortion is offline  
post #288 of 2137 Old 04-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Member
 
mozilla314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is this the "Sue LG" thread?
mozilla314 is offline  
post #289 of 2137 Old 04-06-2012, 03:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Dave Mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 11,965
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So truemotion IS working on the 7600 but not on the 6700? Or if it IS working, it's just not adjustable
Dave Mack is offline  
post #290 of 2137 Old 04-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Newbie
 
lent454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well from what i gather it will not display a 120Hz in the pull down menu.. So you really can not tell if it works or not. Seems like they would just update the firmware to say 120Hz so it would have not got me curious if it was working or not. Battlefield 3 for xbox looks great, Esp in 3D

----------------
From Adam @ LG
The television is still showing you a 120Hz picture, the 240Hz television would show a 240Hz picture, 480Hz TV would show a 480Hz picture however the cable box is sending a lower signal so the TV has to up convert the signal. The 60Hz that you see on the screen is what the cable box is sending, not what the TV is actually producing.
lent454 is offline  
post #291 of 2137 Old 04-06-2012, 08:28 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
J.Mike Ferrara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 3,303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalDistortion View Post

truemotion is working on your set?

I don't know becuase there is nothing in the menu that tells me what the status is. I'm assuming that it's on, but at what level, who the hell knows. Very frustrating.

J.Mike
Those who die with the most toys ... are still dead!
J.Mike Ferrara is offline  
post #292 of 2137 Old 04-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Member
 
james448's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjk135 View Post

Yes

I connect my xbox360, ps3, and laptop all to my TV by HDMI. I have 1 optical cable going from my TV to my soundbar. when you set the TV to external speaker, it passes sound received from the selected HDMI input to the optical cable

well when I do this im only getting pcm out? had to reconnect my bluray player to my receiver to get 5.1 and up...
is this normal?
james448 is offline  
post #293 of 2137 Old 04-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Newbie
 
RacerDave1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is an update to my original posting on page 1.

To get "120hz" working you must be in TV mode or playing content through plex server. Real Cinema seems to be the new name. I tried switching it on/off and it makes panning scenes really smooth. For some reason this feature is disabled for all HDMI inputs. I'm stuck with this tv now (over 30 days).

I do have some flashlighting on the top right but it's only noticeable when first turning on or watching letterboxed content directly in front of the TV. Changing the angle flashlighting isn't noticeable.

I have a few dark vertical bands but only noticeable with certain content. (noticed it a lot yesterday with that new wooly mammoth BBC show)


I've been through 3 other LED sets and they all exhibited similar issues.

Really frustrating that every set i tried has some flaws and I paid 1600 (47lm6700) for this set and others here got it for 999. I live in New York.

I'm quite happy with any content that is fullscreen and bright otherwise this set will only disappoint. Thinking to make some cardboard cutouts to block the backlight issues when watching letterboxed content (which seems to be very common with 3d movies)


straight in front



slight angle, notice the flashlight/bleeding almost all but disappears



I hadn't noticed this until it was too late, since I typically watch from that angle.

I am not 100% happy with this product and wish I had just gotten my money back last time I was at BB and gotten an 'above entry level' set from an online retailer.

BB didnt even give me the free soundbar. Also they only seem to stock up on lower-end sets. Feel like I've taken another loss....
RacerDave1 is offline  
post #294 of 2137 Old 04-07-2012, 01:39 AM
Senior Member
 
MentalDistortion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerDave1 View Post

This is an update to my original posting on page 1.

To get "120hz" working you must be in TV mode or playing content through plex server. Real Cinema seems to be the new name. I tried switching it on/off and it makes panning scenes really smooth. For some reason this feature is disabled for all HDMI inputs. I'm stuck with this tv now (over 30 days).

I do have some flashlighting on the top right but it's only noticeable when first turning on or watching letterboxed content directly in front of the TV. Changing the angle flashlighting isn't noticeable.

I have a few dark vertical bands but only noticeable with certain content. (noticed it a lot yesterday with that new wooly mammoth BBC show)


I've been through 3 other LED sets and they all exhibited similar issues.

Really frustrating that every set i tried has some flaws and I paid 1600 (47lm6700) for this set and others here got it for 999. I live in New York.

I'm quite happy with any content that is fullscreen and bright otherwise this set will only disappoint. Thinking to make some cardboard cutouts to block the backlight issues when watching letterboxed content (which seems to be very common with 3d movies)


straight in front



slight angle, notice the flashlight/bleeding almost all but disappears



I hadn't noticed this until it was too late, since I typically watch from that angle.

I am not 100% happy with this product and wish I had just gotten my money back last time I was at BB and gotten an 'above entry level' set from an online retailer.

BB didnt even give me the free soundbar. Also they only seem to stock up on lower-end sets. Feel like I've taken another loss....

is it that bad when theres something on the screen like a movie?

to enable realcinema, your source has to be able to output at 24p.
MentalDistortion is offline  
post #295 of 2137 Old 04-07-2012, 01:41 AM
Senior Member
 
MentalDistortion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Mike Ferrara View Post

I don't know becuase there is nothing in the menu that tells me what the status is. I'm assuming that it's on, but at what level, who the hell knows. Very frustrating.

it seems like with realcinema enabled there is some sort of motion smoothing happening, but not enough to give you that soap opera look.

i actually like the soap opera look when watching nature documentary.

i really wish they gave us the option. the 3d on the other hand, is really really good.
MentalDistortion is offline  
post #296 of 2137 Old 04-07-2012, 12:32 PM
Member
 
jfoneill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am really a newbie dealing with these terms but I found this on LG knowledge Base. http://lgknowledgebase.com/kb/index....y&EntryID=6482
To me, this seems to indicate that Trumotion and Real Cinema are two different things and that the tv is always operating at 120hz, it also states that it can be turned off which is not the case with ours. Perhaps someone more familiar with these terms can decipher this better. It's obvious that the chat support doesn't know what they are talking about.

" How does TruMotion affect the frame rate?
TruMotion is video processing software. It doesn't affect the frame rate of the panel. If the TV is rated at 120Hz, The panel always runs at 120Hz.
TruMotion up-converts the input video by creating new frames to create smoother motion. It uses motion vectoring to predict the motion in the video. TruMotion can be turned off in the Video menu. The TV will still operate at the maximum frame rate, but will double, triple, etc input frames to match the frame rate of the panel instead of creating new frames. Additionally, A 240Hz panel will add a blanking frame to furthur reduce judder.
Real Cinema doesn't affect the frame rate of the panel either. It is a video processing technique that makes 24p input look more like it would in a movie theater. When TruMotion is on, each frame is processed 5 times. When TruMotion is off, each frame is processed 2 times. "
jfoneill is offline  
post #297 of 2137 Old 04-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Member
 
AV-Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalDistortion View Post

it seems like with realcinema enabled there is some sort of motion smoothing happening, but not enough to give you that soap opera look.

Real cinema enables 2:2 or 5:5 pulldown. Nothing more and nothing less.

To all ranting about the displayed information.

Every tv set - regardless of the manufacturer - displays only the refresh rate of the input signal and not the displayed refresh rate - so that's normal.

And where excactly is the advertisment claiming that you can disable TruMotion on this tv set?
AV-Freak is offline  
post #298 of 2137 Old 04-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Member
 
jeffro23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Apex,NC
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerDave1 View Post

This is an update to my original posting on page 1.


straight in front




....

wow this is exactly what my 55LM7600 looks like. Ive seen others and it always seems to be the upper right in all of the sets with flashlighting issues and sometimes the lower left. Im gonna have BB replace mine to see if I can get one without this issue. wonder whats up with the upper right portion of this set?
jeffro23 is offline  
post #299 of 2137 Old 04-08-2012, 02:33 AM
Member
 
webaccount's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
does anyone know how to switch from 3D to 2D ? The 47LW5700 I got from Costco has an option lets you switch from 3D back 2D, can't find this on the 47LM6700.
webaccount is offline  
post #300 of 2137 Old 04-08-2012, 04:22 AM
Senior Member
 
MentalDistortion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by webaccount View Post

does anyone know how to switch from 3D to 2D ? The 47LW5700 I got from Costco has an option lets you switch from 3D back 2D, can't find this on the 47LM6700.

just push the 3d button, it will say 3d off/on.
MentalDistortion is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 47lm6700 47 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Tv , Lg Cinema Screen 55lm6700 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Displays
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off