Official LG 47LM6700/55LM6700 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - 2012 - Page 16 - AVS Forum
First ... 14  15  16 17  18  ... Last
LCD Flat Panel Displays > Official LG 47LM6700/55LM6700 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - 2012
sje3156's Avatar sje3156 10:01 AM 04-23-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by influenC.E. View Post

Bought the 55LM7600 online @ Sears Mobile for $1844 (after tax). Now Amazon has the 55LM6700 for $1499 (final price). Does anyone have comments to whether the $350 premium is worth it for the 7600? This is my first expensive tv purchase and I want a good investment. I appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

To me yea its worth it. The only main difference is the 240hz with the 7600 and 120 with the lm6700 and to me the 120 is better, IMO (i know someone will have something to say about this). I bought both of last years models that the 2 tvs in question replaced the lw5600 and the lw6500 and they basicly were the same and to me the 5600 was exactly the same. Sometimes the 240hz can cause fast senses to jump a bit and i really didnt have that problem with the 120hz. Other than that the contrast ratio is higher on the 7600 also but you wont be able to notice that. Unless you are a super pro and can see thing that others cannot, you will not even see the difference. I just ordered the 55lm6700 its going in the place of a 55lw6500 240hz so idk how long you have to send it back but my tv will be here wed and ill post if i can see a difference between the 2. I know the lw6500 is not the lm7600 but im sure they are close, they are both 240hz and contrast is the same (I think?) so ill post what i think but note i am no pro just a tv lover, i spend more time watching tv than i do at work and thats the truth. Its a wonder im still 175lb @ 6' and not 275lb.lol

jimj55's Avatar jimj55 10:28 AM 04-23-2012
Here is a link to a video review of the 55LM6700

http://www.digitaltrends.com/video-r...ideo-overview/

Jim
influenC.E.'s Avatar influenC.E. 07:13 PM 04-23-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sje3156 View Post

To me yea its worth it. The only main difference is the 240hz with the 7600 and 120 with the lm6700 and to me the 120 is better, IMO (i know someone will have something to say about this). I bought both of last years models that the 2 tvs in question replaced the lw5600 and the lw6500 and they basicly were the same and to me the 5600 was exactly the same. Sometimes the 240hz can cause fast senses to jump a bit and i really didnt have that problem with the 120hz. Other than that the contrast ratio is higher on the 7600 also but you wont be able to notice that. Unless you are a super pro and can see thing that others cannot, you will not even see the difference. I just ordered the 55lm6700 its going in the place of a 55lw6500 240hz so idk how long you have to send it back but my tv will be here wed and ill post if i can see a difference between the 2. I know the lw6500 is not the lm7600 but im sure they are close, they are both 240hz and contrast is the same (I think?) so ill post what i think but note i am no pro just a tv lover, i spend more time watching tv than i do at work and thats the truth. Its a wonder im still 175lb @ 6' and not 275lb.lol

Thank you very much for the feedback. I have about a week before the TV will be ready for me to pick up @ Sears so I have some time to make a final decision. I look forward to your next post. However, all the talk about the light bleeding in the corners is making me wary of both the 6700 and 7600. I may look into their 2012 plasmas due to their tempting price for an 60 inch flagship model ($1999 on Amazon) or I may try to find a good deal for the 2011 LW5600 or LW6500. Thanks again.
erikcave's Avatar erikcave 01:28 AM 04-24-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinatti View Post

Considering this model, but I've seen some indications that some functions may not be accessible through a universal remote (i.e. Harmony) since the "Magic" remote uses RF (and/or bluetooth?) for some(/all?) functions. I've read through the earlier comments in the thread, but didn't see any definitive answer. Can someone who owns the set and a Harmony remote comment on what functions can and cannot be set up on a Harmony remote for controlling the LM6700? It might fail the wife approval factor if I can't get the Harmony configured to support the critical system functions...

Thanks in advance.

I have a remote similar to a Harmony. You can program them to do everything important. However there are a few buttons on the magic remote that are not on the regular remote that I haven't ben able to program. They are "My Apps" and "Home". Neither of these are required for ordinary use.
chinatti's Avatar chinatti 05:50 AM 04-24-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikcave View Post

I have a remote similar to a Harmony. You can program them to do everything important. However there are a few buttons on the magic remote that are not on the regular remote that I haven't ben able to program. They are "My Apps" and "Home". Neither of these are required for ordinary use.

Got it. That helps. Can you define "ordinary use"? Does this mean that I need to use the magic remote to access any of the built in apps?
sje3156's Avatar sje3156 07:51 AM 04-24-2012
Quote:

Thank you very much for the feedback. I have about a week before the TV will be ready for me to pick up @ Sears so I have some time to make a final decision. I look forward to your next post. However, all the talk about the light bleeding in the corners is making me wary of both the 6700 and 7600. I may look into their 2012 plasmas due to their tempting price for an 60 inch flagship model ($1999 on Amazon) or I may try to find a good deal for the 2011 LW5600 or LW6500. Thanks again.

The light bleeding, from what ive read, has less than the 5600 or the 650 and 5600 and 6500 wasnt that bad. You can notice it though most def. but only on dark scenes but like i said i will have the 6700 2maro so i will know. I did see a post a few pages back where some one had a lot of light bleeding but like everyone else said it looked really bad and from the pic he posted something is wrong with it. Ill post asap when i get it up and running i got a couple of new bluray movies i plan to watch when it gets here to run it through its courses so we'll see. I wouldnt let the light bleeding scare u away if the PQ even matches that of the 5600 and 6500 then its worth it it really has a beautiful pic.
torres0428's Avatar torres0428 03:52 PM 04-24-2012
Quote:

I'm on the same boat. I bought the 55LM7600 and mine had really bad light leaks and flashlight defects. I;m also thinking of buying the 60PM9700 I saw it at fry's and looks decent not as sharp as LED but at least you won't have flashlight.
dragwm's Avatar dragwm 03:54 PM 04-24-2012
Hi,

I saw a deal today for 47LM6700 for 1000$ at sears which i can PM amazon but heard a lot about not having Trumotion on/off option.

Does new set have this option?
Does anyone suggest this TV without that option?

I am not a gamer and would like to buy this TV as it has passive 3d which is what we are looking for.
MentalDistortion's Avatar MentalDistortion 11:54 PM 04-24-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragwm View Post

Hi,

I saw a deal today for 47LM6700 for 1000$ at sears which i can PM amazon but heard a lot about not having Trumotion on/off option.

Does new set have this option?
Does anyone suggest this TV without that option?

I am not a gamer and would like to buy this TV as it has passive 3d which is what we are looking for.

http://www.televisioninfo.com/conten...DTV-Review.htm

i agree with everything they said. the 3d is much better than my older active set. 2d is good, but i wouldnt say as good as my dads plasma.
mec6288's Avatar mec6288 12:09 PM 04-25-2012
Has anyone connected their computer to their LM6700 with SmartShare? I am able to share files but the video playback is unwatchable, it just freezes up and stutters. Photos work ok, but changing between them is pretty slow. I am using the Nero program that can be downloaded from LGs website on the LM6700 page. The video files I am wanting to watch were recorded with an iPhone4 and are 720p. The wifi signal to the TV is good, and getting 9-10 Mb/s.

I also haven't been able to connect my iPhone to the TV. I downloaded the 4.99 Plex app for the phone, thinking that may work, but it did not. Anyone have any luck with this?
sje3156's Avatar sje3156 03:10 PM 04-25-2012
OK the 55lm6700 came and i have been playing with it and for influnC.E. I have to say the 3d is much better than the lw6500 and as for the light bleeding I havent seen none at all. I am really impressed i expected to see some but I can't see any. I went into the YouTube app and when it starts it has an all black screen with YouTube written in the center and there is absolutely no light bleeding at all I'm try to get a pic uploaded but my tablet is acting stupid right now so when i figure out wth I'm doing I'll upload one but iim telling you it really is way better than I ever thought it was gonna be. The screen is freak awesome as hell it looks like a picture on the wall. The only thing I see so far I miss is true motion control but so far no problems so far with any judder or anything. I'll be watching MI goast protocal on bluray 2night and if i notice any problems with motion I'll post.
sje3156's Avatar sje3156 03:13 PM 04-25-2012
Owners of the lm6700 does it not have a setting for motion control? Am I just missing it or is that feature not on this TV like it was on the lw5600 & 6500?
skeetergmania's Avatar skeetergmania 07:16 PM 04-25-2012
I got my 47LM6700 yesterday and expected to be blown away by the picture quality. Instead, it doesn't seem as good as the LG 47LW5700 it replaced.

Could someone answer these please:

1. Does the Resolution Upscaling actually do anything?

I didn't notice an improvement in standard def over cable tv between the 47LW5700 and this TV. If anything the picture doesn't look as good.

2. Does anyone notice poor detail in the picture?

On the 47LW5700 I had it set similarly to this LM6700, and the picture in standard def and definitely in high def seemed more detailed and life like. Just using the Standard mode that's default on the LM6700 I don't see facial details (wrinkles, pores, etc) as well, as I did on the LW5700. Calibrating this set the settings on televisioninfo just makes the picture too dark in my opinion.

In any case, unless I can fix #2, I'm really tempted to just return this TV, and try and get a 47LW5600 instead.
skeetergmania's Avatar skeetergmania 08:20 PM 04-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeetergmania View Post

I got my 47LM6700 yesterday and expected to be blown away by the picture quality. Instead, it doesn't seem as good as the LG 47LW5700 it replaced.

Could someone answer these please:

1. Does the Resolution Upscaling actually do anything?

I didn't notice an improvement in standard def over cable tv between the 47LW5700 and this TV. If anything the picture doesn't look as good.

2. Does anyone notice poor detail in the picture?

On the 47LW5700 I had it set similarly to this LM6700, and the picture in standard def and definitely in high def seemed more detailed and life like. Just using the Standard mode that's default on the LM6700 I don't see facial details (wrinkles, pores, etc) as well, as I did on the LW5700. Calibrating this set the settings on televisioninfo just makes the picture too dark in my opinion.

In any case, unless I can fix #2, I'm really tempted to just return this TV, and try and get a 47LW5600 instead.

I should add that my settings are:

Energy Savings: Off
Picture Mode: Standard
Backlight: 90
Contrast: 100
Brightness: 50
Sharpness: 25
Color: 60
Tint: 0
Color Temp: C50

-- Advanced Control --
Dynamic Contrast: Medium
Dynamic Color:: Low
Clear White: Off
Preferred Color: - All 0
Super Resolution: On
Gamma: Medium

-- Picture Option ---
Noise Reduction: Low
MPEG Noise Reduction: Low
Real Cinema: On
Eye Care: Low
LED Local Dimming: Medium
mozilla314's Avatar mozilla314 09:17 PM 04-25-2012
Quote:

-- Advanced Control --

-- Picture Option ---

I think you gotta lower your backlight to about halfway and the same with sharpness. You won't
get the detail you want with sharpness at 25. I go as far as 65 for sharpness depending on the content.
AzKyle89's Avatar AzKyle89 11:49 PM 04-25-2012
Big problem here with my 47LM6700. Ive had the set for just over a week and starting today Im having some bad issues with the set freezing. Probably every 10 seconds nothing responds or it stutters for about 3 seconds regardless if Im in menu or watching hulu. Just straight HDMI input from my PC is not affected, so it seems like a software problem. This is bad to the point where I cant watch anything streamed
webaccount's Avatar webaccount 01:16 AM 04-26-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mec6288 View Post

Has anyone connected their computer to their LM6700 with SmartShare? I am able to share files but the video playback is unwatchable, it just freezes up and stutters. Photos work ok, but changing between them is pretty slow. I am using the Nero program that can be downloaded from LGs website on the LM6700 page. The video files I am wanting to watch were recorded with an iPhone4 and are 720p. The wifi signal to the TV is good, and getting 9-10 Mb/s.

I also haven't been able to connect my iPhone to the TV. I downloaded the 4.99 Plex app for the phone, thinking that may work, but it did not. Anyone have any luck with this?

I'm in the same boat, unable to watch due to freezing/stuttering, I'm pretty sure it's a wifi problem since 3D World and NextFlix is slow also.

How do you know you get 9-10mbs from your router ?
AzKyle89's Avatar AzKyle89 04:19 AM 04-26-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzKyle89 View Post

Big problem here with my 47LM6700. Ive had the set for just over a week and starting today Im having some bad issues with the set freezing. Probably every 10 seconds nothing responds or it stutters for about 3 seconds regardless if Im in menu or watching hulu. Just straight HDMI input from my PC is not affected, so it seems like a software problem. This is bad to the point where I cant watch anything streamed

Well did a reset to Initial Setup and that fixed it... Hope that doesn't become a recurring problem.
bobbtb's Avatar bobbtb 07:36 AM 04-26-2012
Im interested in this series but the reviews are so mixed.. cheers for all the info on this thread
bobbtb's Avatar bobbtb 07:37 AM 04-26-2012
Gaming lag is the biggest worry!
Hotthree's Avatar Hotthree 09:29 AM 04-26-2012
Input lag for the LM7600 was 35-40ms..Typically lower end Tv's gradually have better input lag, but I would like to see some test's before I jump on this tv.

I'm in the same boat trying to choose between LED/Plasma. If I can find a good input lag LED that's the route I would like to go. And then it comes down to price for me.

So far my choices are:
Panasonic dt50- 25-30ms
LG LM7600 - 35-40ms
Panasonic Et50- 28-32ms

I need to see what Samsung has to offer and the other versions of LG. No one seems to do input lag tests here on the forums.
J.Mike Ferrara's Avatar J.Mike Ferrara 09:34 AM 04-26-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozilla314 View Post

I think you gotta lower your backlight to about halfway and the same with sharpness. You won't
get the detail you want with sharpness at 25. I go as far as 65 for sharpness depending on the content.

Jacking the sharpness to 65 will make things worse, not better. Leave it at 25. Your main problem is your contrast is set way too high, and the set is blooming, which destroys the picture. Drop it to 82 and you will notice a big improvement.
torres0428's Avatar torres0428 03:34 PM 04-26-2012
Just saw that LG's Canadian website has the 60LM6700 listed. I wonder if we will get this TV here in the US. I'm very hyped if we are.

http://www.lg.com/ca_en/tv-audio-vid...v-60LM6700.jsp
needmovies's Avatar needmovies 04:04 PM 04-26-2012
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I've been skimming the first couple of pages and I can't seem to find any info on this.

The 55lm6700 has a toslink output. Do you guys know if the tv does any conversions to the signal it produces? Basically I'm trying to find out if the tv passes a 5.1 audio signal from hdmi and produces the same output, or if it gets converted to 2 channel in between.

I have an older ht receiver that only has one toslink input. I also have an xbox 360 and a PS3 and I would like to connect both to my receiver for 5.1 surround.

Right now I have both connected to the tv via HDMI, then I have the tv's toslink out connected to the receiver.

But no matter what I do, I just can't get the receiver to detect a 5.1 channel. It's only seeing a 2 channel signal. Same with the PS3, when I use the sound settings and set it to Auto Detect, it only detects PCM 2 channel audio.

Maybe I just have some settings I need to flip? Any thoughts?

Thanks
MentalDistortion's Avatar MentalDistortion 06:20 PM 04-26-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mec6288 View Post

im wired and have zero problems watching high bitrate files in 2d and 3d. havent tried wireless though. i use plex media server on my pc, not the phone app.
MentalDistortion's Avatar MentalDistortion 06:20 PM 04-26-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbtb View Post

Gaming lag is the biggest worry!

i havent noticed any gaming lag. played a few rounds of cod, and the dragons dogma demo. played a ton of stardust 3d and it looks great, and i didnt notice any lag. this was also a worry for me because i came from a plasma that had no gaming lag at all. works fine.
Hotthree's Avatar Hotthree 06:23 PM 04-26-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalDistortion View Post

i havent noticed any gaming lag. played a few rounds of cod, and the dragons dogma demo. played a ton of stardust 3d and it looks great, and i didnt notice any lag. this was also a worry for me because i came from a plasma that had no gaming lag at all. works fine.

I one who likes to see numbers...Everyone's perception is different.
MentalDistortion's Avatar MentalDistortion 06:23 PM 04-26-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by needmovies View Post

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I've been skimming the first couple of pages and I can't seem to find any info on this.

The 55lm6700 has a toslink output. Do you guys know if the tv does any conversions to the signal it produces? Basically I'm trying to find out if the tv passes a 5.1 audio signal from hdmi and produces the same output, or if it gets converted to 2 channel in between.

I have an older ht receiver that only has one toslink input. I also have an xbox 360 and a PS3 and I would like to connect both to my receiver for 5.1 surround.

Right now I have both connected to the tv via HDMI, then I have the tv's toslink out connected to the receiver.

But no matter what I do, I just can't get the receiver to detect a 5.1 channel. It's only seeing a 2 channel signal. Same with the PS3, when I use the sound settings and set it to Auto Detect, it only detects PCM 2 channel audio.

Maybe I just have some settings I need to flip? Any thoughts?

Thanks

not sure why that is happening. i use the toslink when i use the plex server, and i get up to dts depending on the source. i have my ps3 hooked up with hdmi, and i get up to dts-hd on my receiver.
MentalDistortion's Avatar MentalDistortion 06:24 PM 04-26-2012
Quote:

-- Advanced Control --

-- Picture Option ---

grab the disney wow disk and try that out. your settings look pretty nasty dude. c50 is waay too blue for my taste. i dont use the standard settings, i use expert 1. with that said, i still think my plasma has better Pq when it comes to 2d, but this tv has better 3d.
MentalDistortion's Avatar MentalDistortion 06:27 PM 04-26-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotthree View Post

I one who likes to see numbers...Everyone's perception is different.

that is true. where did you get those numbers for the 7600? how do you test for numbers?
Tags: Lg Cinema Screen 47lm6700 47 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Tv , Lg Cinema Screen 55lm6700 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Displays
First ... 14  15  16 17  18  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop