Official LG 47LM6700/55LM6700 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - 2012 - Page 17 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #481 of 2137 Old 04-26-2012, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeetergmania View Post

I got my 47LM6700 yesterday and expected to be blown away by the picture quality. Instead, it doesn't seem as good as the LG 47LW5700 it replaced.

Could someone answer these please:

1. Does the Resolution Upscaling actually do anything?

I didn't notice an improvement in standard def over cable tv between the 47LW5700 and this TV. If anything the picture doesn't look as good.

2. Does anyone notice poor detail in the picture?

On the 47LW5700 I had it set similarly to this LM6700, and the picture in standard def and definitely in high def seemed more detailed and life like. Just using the Standard mode that's default on the LM6700 I don't see facial details (wrinkles, pores, etc) as well, as I did on the LW5700. Calibrating this set the settings on televisioninfo just makes the picture too dark in my opinion.

In any case, unless I can fix #2, I'm really tempted to just return this TV, and try and get a 47LW5600 instead.

forgot to ask, on your older tv, where you using trumotion on "high" settings?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 2137 Old 04-26-2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sje3156 View Post

Owners of the lm6700 does it not have a setting for motion control? Am I just missing it or is that feature not on this TV like it was on the lw5600 & 6500?

dude there is no option, which is unacceptable. When you have time, PLEASE call them and let them know that you would like to have that option.

I actually just got off the phone with them, and they told me that they have had people call about, it that they are working on an update. not sure if they are telling me the truth or not.

the more people that call, hopefully the sooner they will update it.
post #483 of 2137 Old 04-26-2012, 07:19 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell for sure whether or not if their is an actual 42" version of this series going to released in north america (Canada included)?

I ask because originally there was a "42LM6700" listed on the american LG website but now it's no longer listed but some websites like Crutchfield still have that size model still listed on their website.

So now I just don't what to believe other than that this size and series model would've been perfect for me.
post #484 of 2137 Old 04-26-2012, 08:25 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalDistortion View Post

forgot to ask, on your older tv, where you using trumotion on "high" settings?

I can't remember, I think I just had the default settings that the TV shipped with. Comparing it to the default settings on this TV, the older one looked better.

I changed the settings around and it looks better now in high def blueray (high def DTV and standard def still look worse than the LW5700).

There is alot of flashlighting in each corner though and I little bit along the top. I 'm watching a movie that has black bars along the top and bottom and actually notice the flightlighting along the picture close to the corners.
post #485 of 2137 Old 04-26-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:

I can't remember, I think I just had the default settings that the TV shipped with. Comparing it to the default settings on this TV, the older one looked better.

I changed the settings around and it looks better now in high def blueray (high def DTV and standard def still look worse than the LW5700).

There is alot of flashlighting in each corner though and I little bit along the top. I 'm watching a movie that has black bars along the top and bottom and actually notice the flightlighting along the picture close to the corners.

spend more time here, theres lots of info to learn about. the first thing most people here do is change the default settings.

the 5700 on default has trumotion on high, and the trumotion on this tv looks different. thats one thing that you might be noticing.

if you can, try to get the disney wow disk, it cost about $17-18 on amazon, it will help you out with some calibrated settings.

sometimes settings that you enable, like dynamic contrast, can actually make the picture look worse. thats something to keep in mind.

the 3d on this Tv is freakin awesome.

theres a picture a few pages back that someone posted that had really bad problems with light leakage. does yours look like that?
post #486 of 2137 Old 04-27-2012, 03:49 AM

What are your experiences with the "intelligent sensor" on these models? Is this a display setting you can have any calibration control over or does the tv only calibrate itself? My 55 will be delivered next week. I've read through the entire thread for calibration nad other tweek suggestions but I have not seen this discussed. Thanks all!
post #487 of 2137 Old 04-27-2012, 05:35 AM

Quote:

not sure why that is happening. i use the toslink when i use the plex server, and i get up to dts depending on the source. i have my ps3 hooked up with hdmi, and i get up to dts-hd on my receiver.

thanks

couple questions though, so right now you have your ps3 connected to your tv via hdmi, then tv to receiver via toslink?

So when you go into the PS3 sound settings and choose auto detect, does it detect the Dolby/DTS ones as well?

Also, do you mind sharing your PS3 or TV sound settings?

Also another question, not necessarily for you but for anyone who has a PS3 connected to this tv. Have you guys had any problems where the PS3 can't detect that it's a 3D tv?

I have Killzone 3 and this game has a "3D Settings" in the options menu that gets enabled if it detects a 3D tv. For some reason this option won't enable for me. I've been playing around the 3D settings a bit but I still can't get it to detect that it's a 3D tv.

thanks
post #488 of 2137 Old 04-27-2012, 05:45 AM

Quote:

that is true. where did you get those numbers for the 7600? how do you test for numbers?

I got the lm7600 numbers from Flatpanelshd.com from there review. They also have an input lag test people can use.

Basically you have to have a dual dvi video card and split it, one going to a crt and the other going to the tv. You then run a stop watch and by that you can calculate the lag of your tv. This is obviously my basic explanation.
post #489 of 2137 Old 04-27-2012, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorgania View Post

What are your experiences with the "intelligent sensor" on these models? Is this a display setting you can have any calibration control over or does the tv only calibrate itself? My 55 will be delivered next week. I've read through the entire thread for calibration nad other tweek suggestions but I have not seen this discussed. Thanks all!

I personally hate it...i know its suppose to dim or brighten the tv pic according to ambient light conditions, but in darker lit areas it dimmed my tv way to much, so i quickly disabled it.
post #490 of 2137 Old 04-27-2012, 07:25 AM

Quote:

spend more time here, theres lots of info to learn about. the first thing most people here do is change the default settings.

the 5700 on default has trumotion on high, and the trumotion on this tv looks different. thats one thing that you might be noticing.

if you can, try to get the disney wow disk, it cost about $17-18 on amazon, it will help you out with some calibrated settings.

sometimes settings that you enable, like dynamic contrast, can actually make the picture look worse. thats something to keep in mind.

the 3d on this Tv is freakin awesome.

theres a picture a few pages back that someone posted that had really bad problems with light leakage. does yours look like that?

Yeah, I'm looking at post #293 and in comparison my TV has similar patterns on the right but not as much clouding on the lower left than the 1st picture. I'm not sure if this is normal for this TV or if I have a unit with worse flashlighting.
Not sure if I should try and exchange this TV for another one or if it'll just have similar problems.

Thanks for the recommendation! I'm ordering a copy of the Bluray set.
post #491 of 2137 Old 04-27-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the viper View Post

i personally hate it...i know its suppose to dim or brighten the tv pic according to ambient light conditions, but in darker lit areas it dimmed my tv way to much, so i quickly disabled it.

+ 1
post #492 of 2137 Old 04-27-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmovies View Post

thanks

couple questions though, so right now you have your ps3 connected to your tv via hdmi, then tv to receiver via toslink?

So when you go into the PS3 sound settings and choose auto detect, does it detect the Dolby/DTS ones as well?

Also, do you mind sharing your PS3 or TV sound settings?

Also another question, not necessarily for you but for anyone who has a PS3 connected to this tv. Have you guys had any problems where the PS3 can't detect that it's a 3D tv?

I have Killzone 3 and this game has a "3D Settings" in the options menu that gets enabled if it detects a 3D tv. For some reason this option won't enable for me. I've been playing around the 3D settings a bit but I still can't get it to detect that it's a 3D tv.

thanks

i have my ps3 hdmi hooked up to the reciever, and from the receiver a hdmi into the tv. for the audio options, i selected all the formats that my reciever can decode, which pretty much all of them. when i watch a bluray on the ps3, the receiver does detect automatically if it is dts, dolby, or dts hd.

i also hook up an external drive or Pc, and for that i have the toslink from the tv into the receiver.

for the 3d settings, try to do the display set up again, it should detect the 3d tv, and ask you what size the tv is. if you previously had the ps3 hooked up to a non 3dtv, it may still think its hooked up to that tv, thats why i reccommend doing the display set up again.
post #493 of 2137 Old 04-27-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I'm looking at post #293 and in comparison my TV has similar patterns on the right but not as much clouding on the lower left than the 1st picture. I'm not sure if this is normal for this TV or if I have a unit with worse flashlighting.
Not sure if I should try and exchange this TV for another one or if it'll just have similar problems.

Thanks for the recommendation! I'm ordering a copy of the Bluray set.

i posted pics in #445, that is what my tv looks like. not much bleeding at all, but i think most leds will have some bleeding, but it should NOT look like the tv in post #440, i think that is really bad. im coming from a plasma, which in my opinion looked fantastic, but after using the disney disk i think i got this tv pretty close to the way my plasma looked.

also remember that it depends on how much ambient light there is in the room. if you set up the picture in a dark room, the PQ may not look the same if the room is bright.

i wish i had a better camera, right now im using a crappy phone cam. i usually watch movies in a dark room, but here is something from the daytime.
the picture quality is much better in person, theres not much bleeding at all.
LL
LL
post #494 of 2137 Old 04-27-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotthree View Post

I got the lm7600 numbers from Flatpanelshd.com from there review. They also have an input lag test people can use.

Basically you have to have a dual dvi video card and split it, one going to a crt and the other going to the tv. You then run a stop watch and by that you can calculate the lag of your tv. This is obviously my basic explanation.

i dont have a dual dvi card, so i guess testing is a no go for me.
post #495 of 2137 Old 04-27-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:

i have my ps3 hdmi hooked up to the reciever, and from the receiver a hdmi into the tv. for the audio options, i selected all the formats that my reciever can decode, which pretty much all of them. when i watch a bluray on the ps3, the receiver does detect automatically if it is dts, dolby, or dts hd.

i also hook up an external drive or Pc, and for that i have the toslink from the tv into the receiver.

for the 3d settings, try to do the display set up again, it should detect the 3d tv, and ask you what size the tv is. if you previously had the ps3 hooked up to a non 3dtv, it may still think its hooked up to that tv, thats why i reccommend doing the display set up again.

yours is a different setup then. you have the ps3 connected to the receiver. i have my ps3 connected to the tv

I will try that display setup again. thanks

edit: reseting the display setup worked, thanks
post #496 of 2137 Old 04-27-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmovies View Post

yours is a different setup then. you have the ps3 connected to the receiver. i have my ps3 connected to the tv

I will try that display setup again. thanks

edit: reseting the display setup worked, thanks

you have your ps3 hooked up to TV with hdmi right? the toslink is from the Tv to your receiver? that should still work up to DTS i think.

or you can have the ps3 hooked up to tv with HDMI, and the toslink from the PS3 to the receiver, and in audio options make sure to enable dual output or something like that. i forgot what its called, but it should be in the audio option section on the PS3.
post #497 of 2137 Old 04-27-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:

i posted pics in #445, that is what my tv looks like. not much bleeding at all, but i think most leds will have some bleeding, but it should NOT look like the tv in post #440, i think that is really bad. im coming from a plasma, which in my opinion looked fantastic, but after using the disney disk i think i got this tv pretty close to the way my plasma looked.

also remember that it depends on how much ambient light there is in the room. if you set up the picture in a dark room, the PQ may not look the same if the room is bright.

i wish i had a better camera, right now im using a crappy phone cam. i usually watch movies in a dark room, but here is something from the daytime.
the picture quality is much better in person, theres not much bleeding at all.

First of all thanks for all the help. My TV doesn't look as bad as #440 but not as good as #445. I attached some photos, but I only have a phone cam as well, so they didn't turn out that good.
LL
LL
LL
post #498 of 2137 Old 04-28-2012, 12:01 AM

Quote:

First of all thanks for all the help. My TV doesn't look as bad as #440 but not as good as #445. I attached some photos, but I only have a phone cam as well, so they didn't turn out that good.

have you tried other settings without dynamic contrast? i dont use dynamic contrast, so there might be a difference.
post #499 of 2137 Old 04-28-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:

have you tried other settings without dynamic contrast? i dont use dynamic contrast, so there might be a difference.

I tried turning it off, but I still notice the same behaviour, although now there's some ambient light since it's morning, so it's harder to tell, so I'll have to take a look at night again.

I'm just curious though if this is a normal amount of flashlighting for this tv.
post #500 of 2137 Old 04-28-2012, 07:19 AM

In europe the 03.03.23 firmware brought the trumotion option. So now you can trumotion on and off.
post #501 of 2137 Old 04-28-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV-Freak View Post

In europe the 03.03.23 firmware brought the trumotion option. So now you can trumotion on and off.

Oh Wow! That is great news. This tv is $999 atm and I am wanting to jump on it if I knew the input lag.
post #502 of 2137 Old 04-28-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:

I tried turning it off, but I still notice the same behaviour, although now there's some ambient light since it's morning, so it's harder to tell, so I'll have to take a look at night again.

I'm just curious though if this is a normal amount of flashlighting for this tv.

to be honest, im not sure, but i dont think its normal.
post #503 of 2137 Old 04-28-2012, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
so is it true you cannot disable "Trumotion" on these new model sets? We have the option to disable it on our LW5300, and we always leave it off. The picture looks too odd leaving it enabled.
post #504 of 2137 Old 04-28-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:

you have your ps3 hooked up to TV with hdmi right? the toslink is from the Tv to your receiver? that should still work up to DTS i think.

or you can have the ps3 hooked up to tv with HDMI, and the toslink from the PS3 to the receiver, and in audio options make sure to enable dual output or something like that. i forgot what its called, but it should be in the audio option section on the PS3.

I wanted to the option #2 but I also have an xbox and I have an older receiver which only has 1 toslink and the rest are analog.

I was gonna use the tv as a "splitter" for the video/audio from the ps3 and the xbox lol

Anyways, I kinda got DTS/Dolby to work on ps3, but only for certain games. Other games have no sound at all. Xbox is stuck at 2 channel no matter what I do

I'll probably just grab a toslink splitter for now and use that

thanks
post #505 of 2137 Old 04-28-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james448 View Post

well when I do this im only getting pcm out? had to reconnect my bluray player to my receiver to get 5.1 and up...
is this normal?

I skimmed through the whole thread and found that james448 has the same issue

@james448: did you find a fix for this yet?

thanks
post #506 of 2137 Old 04-28-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:

In my experience the intelligent sensor is terrible. It is really dark and changes the brightness/backlight constantly. I hated it.

The Picture Wizard II is an auto calibration tool that comes with the TV that is actually pretty good.
post #507 of 2137 Old 04-28-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotthree View Post

Input lag for the LM7600 was 35-40ms..Typically lower end Tv's gradually have better input lag, but I would like to see some test's before I jump on this tv.

I'm in the same boat trying to choose between LED/Plasma. If I can find a good input lag LED that's the route I would like to go. And then it comes down to price for me.

So far my choices are:
Panasonic dt50- 25-30ms
LG LM7600 - 35-40ms
Panasonic Et50- 28-32ms

I need to see what Samsung has to offer and the other versions of LG. No one seems to do input lag tests here on the forums.

I have done input lag tests. I thought I had posted the results here, but I can't find it now.

I used my PC connected to my TV via HDMI and my monitor via DVI. I set them up so they could both be shot at the same time with my digital camera while a timer was running. I subtracted the time on the monitor from the time on the TV to get the input lag measurement.

In all tests I got right at 80ms input lag. This includes changing the HDMI input label to Game and PC and with each trying different modes including Game, Standard, and isf Advanced. The only thing that changed were the available settings.

Last week I noticed HDMI 4 is labeled "PC" on the back of the TV, so I tried it and found it tested at 70ms. Not that big of an improvement.

Ironically, I had tested the input lag using the Rock Band calibration tool a long time ago and got the same result.
post #508 of 2137 Old 04-29-2012, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV-Freak View Post

This addition sounds like good news to me. I have a few questions:
Does it have just on/off options or are there multiple levels for the On option? Do you think previously to this version it was stuck at on or off?

I am still missing Trumotion from my old Samsung TV which better reduced jerkiness in panning shots. Hopefully this will be deployed to US sets soon. I've tried just now and no new firmware was available.
post #509 of 2137 Old 04-29-2012, 07:59 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:

The intelligent sensor is much better on this on vs last yrs model because u can set the minimum that u want it to darkn. Last yrs model just got way to dark in a dark room it got so dark u could barely see it. So IMO it is way better.
ericdabbs likes this.
post #510 of 2137 Old 04-29-2012, 08:47 AM

Liked: 12
OK its been 4 days now that I have had the 55lm6700 up and running and have been running it through its courses and I must say "I WANT MY 55LW6500 BACK" the picture quality was better on the lw6500 IMO. It was capable of getting much brighter and you can adj a lot more things in the service menu like thx bright room. You cannot adj the true motion on it. It seems as the local dimming is way over active too. The lm6700 is a very good looking TV, accurate color, and no light bleeding from the leds. If it could be a little brighter and I could adj service menu settings I would love it more but that's not going to happen. To me it just seemed that the lw6500 had it all the only downfall and I mean the only downfall to me on the lw6500 was the light bleeding from the edges but I had it adj so it was barely an issue. Idk why I posted this just needed to get it off my chest.lol
ericdabbs likes this.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 47lm6700 47 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Tv , Lg Cinema Screen 55lm6700 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Displays
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page