Official LG 47LM6700/55LM6700 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - 2012 - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 2138 Old 05-02-2012, 02:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrunner529 View Post

I thought the 6700 did support DTS?

movies off an external hard drive will play DTS, but im not sure about the whole ps3 issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 2138 Old 05-02-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbigg21 View Post

I have the 47LM6700 and I have seemed to have a few issues with it and just wanted to see if I am the only one.

Sometimes the magic remote won't work. I push to change the input or turn it off and it lags. Sometimes it takes about 2 mins b/f anything happens.

Next thing is that sometimes while watching something from my computer through HDMI the tv almost reboots/turns off and then back on.

i've never experienced that before, and i watch a lot of material through my htpc. the magic remote that i have does not lag, but if i just turn on the tv, and go into the menu it will take 5 secs to load up the apps, but this only happens when i turn on the tv, and push menu right away.
post #543 of 2138 Old 05-02-2012, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Received the 47LM6700 yesterday from Amazon.

Despite a few dents in the back of the television, the screen and picture quality is amazing. No flashlighting whatsoever (I was skeptical as I bought and returned and LV5500 last year because of the terrible LED light bleed).

The screen is glossier than I would like it to be (which is not glossy at all) but when turned on, I don't notice the reflections (I'm in a room with six windows and lots of natural light). I do have to turn off any lights behind me, but I do that anyway when watching TV.

The Netflix app. The quality is amazing on Netflix and I'm noticing no problems connecting via Wifi. However, my only options for video settings are the presets (standard/vivid/cinema/game). Has anyone configured these to their liking and is willing to share their settings?

Xbox360 - I've found the 360 connected via HDMI is very contrasty in the whites. Not sure how to adjust this, as it appears to be in a different colorspace from the DVD from which I configured the DVD to optimal settings.

SD DVD doesn't look so great on this TV without customizing the settings (I don't own a Blu Ray). How do I turn on the so-called "resolution upscaling" feature?

Audio out - my stereo is an older 5.1 home theatre in a box, and it has no optical in (only stereo inputs). Is there an easy optical to analog conversion process (so I can use my stereo for all sounds)?

Lastly, the Magic Motion remote and interface is lousy. I can't do basic things like scroll through favorite channels without pressing tons of buttons and navigating through tons of menus. I also don't see an option to label my channels - has anyone found that?

All in all, I'm very happy with this TV. Need to play some video games on it to see how that works, though.
post #544 of 2138 Old 05-02-2012, 02:51 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamoby View Post

Despite a few dents in the back of the television, the screen and picture quality is amazing. No flashlighting whatsoever (I was skeptical as I bought and returned and LV5500 last year because of the terrible LED light bleed).

The screen is glossier than I would like it to be (which is not glossy at all) but when turned on, I don't notice the reflections (I'm in a room with six windows and lots of natural light). I do have to turn off any lights behind me, but I do that anyway when watching TV.

The Netflix app. The quality is amazing on Netflix and I'm noticing no problems connecting via Wifi. However, my only options for video settings are the presets (standard/vivid/cinema/game). Has anyone configured these to their liking and is willing to share their settings?

Xbox360 - I've found the 360 connected via HDMI is very contrasty in the whites. Not sure how to adjust this, as it appears to be in a different colorspace from the DVD from which I configured the DVD to optimal settings.

SD DVD doesn't look so great on this TV without customizing the settings (I don't own a Blu Ray). How do I turn on the so-called "resolution upscaling" feature?

Audio out - my stereo is an older 5.1 home theatre in a box, and it has no optical in (only stereo inputs). Is there an easy optical to analog conversion process (so I can use my stereo for all sounds)?

Lastly, the Magic Motion remote and interface is lousy. I can't do basic things like scroll through favorite channels without pressing tons of buttons and navigating through tons of menus. I also don't see an option to label my channels - has anyone found that?

All in all, I'm very happy with this TV. Need to play some video games on it to see how that works, though.

Resolution upscaling is on by default. Reports indicate that this year's models do not upscale as well as last, however.
post #545 of 2138 Old 05-02-2012, 03:48 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamoby View Post

I have a 2.1 speaker with analog (RCA) inputs only. I had to buy an optical to analog convertor from amazon to get it to work..(http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product).
post #546 of 2138 Old 05-02-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV-Freak View Post

In europe the 03.03.23 firmware brought the trumotion option. So now you can trumotion on and off.

are you serious? hopefully it'll be out soon here.
post #547 of 2138 Old 05-02-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigationroad View Post

Resolution upscaling is on by default. Reports indicate that this year's models do not upscale as well as last, however.

i really dont watch anything in SD, but where did you read this at? i still have some old DVDs that are not on bluray.
post #548 of 2138 Old 05-03-2012, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV-Freak View Post

In europe the 03.03.23 firmware brought the trumotion option. So now you can trumotion on and off.

I did some research and found out that certain LG models (47LM670T, 47LM760T, 47LM620T, 47LM660T, etc) from the U.K. that has the 03.03.23 firmware update. How long ago was the firmware update released and how were you able to confirm that the TruMotion option has been enabled on the TV from this firmware update? There doesn't seem to be a changelog that describes what changes went into the firmware. Hopefully a firmware update for the LM6700 will come out soon to fix the Trumotion issue and allow for toggling of different modes.

http://www.lg.com/uk/support/product...Code=47LM760T#

Also another outstanding issue with the LM6700 is that for the Youtube app, the audio/video lag and are out of sync. I have read several other people reporting this issue. I would like to know if the Europen firmware update fixes this issue as well if you have seen this issue yourself.
post #549 of 2138 Old 05-03-2012, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjpwiz View Post

I have a 2.1 speaker with analog (RCA) inputs only. I had to buy an optical to analog convertor from amazon to get it to work..(http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product).

How far is your router from the TV? Several Amazon reviews had trouble with getting a good WiFi connection.
Jim
post #550 of 2138 Old 05-03-2012, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj55 View Post

How far is your router from the TV? Several Amazon reviews had trouble with getting a good WiFi connection.
Jim

I use a wired connection and hence have not had any issues so far. However I had used the wireless connection for the first few days and did not notice any connection problems...the router is just below the tv
post #551 of 2138 Old 05-03-2012, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrunner529 View Post

For what it's worth - I ordered one of those adapters...it might have been from monoprice possibly and have never experienced the reboot issue. Not sure why.

I got mine from eForcity, ordered from Amazon. I've read reviews saying that the reboots happen when switching tv inputs (eg from xbox to cable then back). this shouldn't be a problem for me though since I don't see myself doing this often

Mine's arriving today so I'll try it out when I get home and hopefully it works nice

Quote:

I have the 47LM6700 and I have seemed to have a few issues with it and just wanted to see if I am the only one.

Sometimes the magic remote won't work. I push to change the input or turn it off and it lags. Sometimes it takes about 2 mins b/f anything happens.

Next thing is that sometimes while watching something from my computer through HDMI the tv almost reboots/turns off and then back on.

I've experience the remote lag as well. But usually only when I'm on an input with no signal (like if I'm in the PS3 input and my PS3 is turned off). I found that the apps and home button takes longer to respond

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallen94 View Post

The tv probably won't pass DTS out. Your receiver will show what format (Dolby or DTS) it is receiving and I bet it's only ever DD. It took tvs a long enough time to pass through Dolby Digital, so not passing through DTS is not surprising and it is probably a licensing issue. IIRC, the lw6500 had a service menu item (disabled) to turn on passing of DTS through the optical out.
As for why one title works and one doesn't, that's easy. The PS3 leaves a lot of how games output audio and video up to the game's themselves. If you set up your PS3 to allow all the audio formats, the game picks one from that list to output. Again, the game should pick the "best" output, but what is "best' is debatable under certain circumstances. DTS uses less compression and could be considered "best", but as you've seen it doesn't work in certain setups.

thanks. this makes perfect sense. assuming the tv does not pass DTS, when I have both DTS and DD on my PS3, I guess killzone decides it wants DTS and dark souls decided to use DD. so one game works and the other doesnt. when I switch the PS3 to just DD, it forces both games to use this

ok new question for you guys: anyone know of a Direct TV remote code that could get the TV Input button working for this tv? I've tried a couple of codes, got the power, volume, and menu buttons working. But I could not get the Input button to switch inputs.

the magic remote gets annoying at times and right now the TV Input switching is the thing I need it for
post #552 of 2138 Old 05-03-2012, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalDistortion View Post

i've never experienced that before, and i watch a lot of material through my htpc. the magic remote that i have does not lag, but if i just turn on the tv, and go into the menu it will take 5 secs to load up the apps, but this only happens when i turn on the tv, and push menu right away.

okay but your tv hasn't turned off or kinda like rebooted while watching it at all right?
post #553 of 2138 Old 05-03-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:

are you serious? hopefully it'll be out soon here.

Yes, up to date in Italy
post #554 of 2138 Old 05-03-2012, 09:33 AM

Does LG plan to release this set in a 42" version?
post #555 of 2138 Old 05-03-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakid1991 View Post

Does LG plan to release this set in a 42" version?

I don't think so. I am sure LG released all the models they plan to sell in the US by now. With the yearly refreshes coming in annually around March and all the different LG variants, I wouldn't count on it.
post #556 of 2138 Old 05-03-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmovies View Post

ok new question for you guys: anyone know of a Direct TV remote code that could get the TV Input button working for this tv? I've tried a couple of codes, got the power, volume, and menu buttons working. But I could not get the Input button to switch inputs.

the magic remote gets annoying at times and right now the TV Input switching is the thing I need it for

The code I use for DirecTV for my 7600 set is 10442.

The TV Input button brings up the the Input screen and cycles through the inputs just doesnt select the input you highlight. not sure if its possible.

let me know if you figure it out
post #557 of 2138 Old 05-03-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:

okay but your tv hasn't turned off or kinda like rebooted while watching it at all right?

no sir, not once has it turned off/rebooted on its own.
post #558 of 2138 Old 05-03-2012, 11:49 AM

Just wanted to give people a heads up on ordering the 47" vs the 55" on amazon. Sounds like with the 55" you get a scheduled freight delivery vs. FedEx / UPS with the 47".

I just tracked my 47" and see that FedEx left it on my door step 1.5 hr ago without a signature. I wasn't thrilled with the whole lets ship a tv UPS / FedEx thing, but I wonder if it will even be there when I get home. I think that a 47" tv box will be pretty noticeable to people driving by.

Just thought that this could help people decide between the two models and deciding to buy local instead. I'm wondering what the heck I should do now...

post #559 of 2138 Old 05-03-2012, 11:24 PM

What audio formats will this tv pass via HDMI ARC? My debate has been connecting my gaming consoles directly to my new AV receiver which will pass HD 3D and 4K, or connecting the gaming consoles to the TV and using the ARC. I was thinking connecting the games directly to the TV would bypass the need to change the label and mode when switching to a game since each input would be already labeled. But I would still want high quality surround sound also. So if it doesn't pass all the audio formats via ARC maybe I should connect my gaming consoles to the AV receiver and just change the input name/settings on the tv when I want to play games.

Suggestions welcome!
post #560 of 2138 Old 05-04-2012, 11:12 AM

@davebbq

Just leave a note if you aren't home that says leave at back door or something. Or try to be home when it's set to arrive. I got my 47" from UPS with no problems and it was in perfect shape.
post #561 of 2138 Old 05-04-2012, 12:07 PM

some drivers are a**holes...most are not.
post #562 of 2138 Old 05-04-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro23 View Post

The code I use for DirecTV for my 7600 set is 10442.

The TV Input button brings up the the Input screen and cycles through the inputs just doesnt select the input you highlight. not sure if its possible.

let me know if you figure it out

yeah I think it was your post on the other thread that gave me the idea to play around with the remote.

initially the direct tv guy set it up and it was working with the power and volume buttons.
post #563 of 2138 Old 05-04-2012, 01:34 PM

try the code I posted. The first suggested code that worked with the volume and power didnt work with the input button. It was either the 2nd or 3rd. But still not sure if it buys you anything without the ability to select the input.

I use my DTV remote alot.
post #564 of 2138 Old 05-04-2012, 02:24 PM

Got a question for all you lg owers, I have been reading alot and my question is whats really the difference between 6700 up to 8600 besides some contrast ratio and the cpu and colors of the frame...Does the PQ look better? If so what about the 3d? I really do not care about gadgets just the PQ...Do some have more problems with flashlighting or is this throught out all the lg panels?
post #565 of 2138 Old 05-04-2012, 02:26 PM

I just got my 55LM6700 today. What are the recommended settings/calibration? I found this site and am currently using these settings:
http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/...-settings.html

Are those good or are there better ones to use?

I did turn up the backlight a bit for a brighter picture.

Do those settings also work well for Xbox games? I have one input for Xbox, TiVoHD, and Blu-ray (switched with my receiver) so I assume the same settings are applied to all and I would hope would be at least decent for all.

Of course I'll be playing around with this thing in the future but am not that familiar with it yet and haven't watched that much with the above settings. Xbox games seem OK with them but I'm not sure the settings are the best for games.

Thanks.

Albert Wiersch
post #566 of 2138 Old 05-04-2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorgania View Post

What audio formats will this tv pass via HDMI ARC? My debate has been connecting my gaming consoles directly to my new AV receiver which will pass HD 3D and 4K, or connecting the gaming consoles to the TV and using the ARC. I was thinking connecting the games directly to the TV would bypass the need to change the label and mode when switching to a game since each input would be already labeled. But I would still want high quality surround sound also. So if it doesn't pass all the audio formats via ARC maybe I should connect my gaming consoles to the AV receiver and just change the input name/settings on the tv when I want to play games.

Suggestions welcome!

Technically any and all audio formats supported by HDMI. It is supposed to take the audio component fed to the tv and (securely) send it to the receiver along with timing info. I went with the ARC route because then you don't have to fiddle with any kind of audio delay on the receiver for each input. ARC allows the tv to compensate for any processing delay introduced by truemotion, upscaling, 2D->3D, etc. so audio and video stay in sync. It also means you don't need to worry about your receiver supporting something like 4K pass-through because if you eventually get a tv and a device that both support 4k, you plug the device directly into the tv and only the audio portion needs to go to the receiver. If ARC had been available for HDMI 1.3, upgrading to 3D wouldn't have required everyone to get new receivers (or live with lossy audio) since the audio format didn't change with 1.4 and 3D.
post #567 of 2138 Old 05-04-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiersch View Post

I just got my 55LM6700 today. What are the recommended settings/calibration? I found this site and am currently using these settings:
http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/...-settings.html

Are those good or are there better ones to use?

I did turn up the backlight a bit for a brighter picture.

Do those settings also work well for Xbox games? I have one input for Xbox, TiVoHD, and Blu-ray (switched with my receiver) so I assume the same settings are applied to all and I would hope would be at least decent for all.

Of course I'll be playing around with this thing in the future but am not that familiar with it yet and haven't watched that much with the above settings. Xbox games seem OK with them but I'm not sure the settings are the best for games.

Thanks.

my advice would be to get the disney wow disk from amazon for $18 (single disk version) and use that for some decent calibration settings.
post #568 of 2138 Old 05-04-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:

my advice would be to get the disney wow disk from amazon for $18 (single disk version) and use that for some decent calibration settings.

Thanks... but where do you see it for $18? And is it the Blu-ray version?

Albert Wiersch
post #569 of 2138 Old 05-04-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiersch View Post

Thanks... but where do you see it for $18? And is it the Blu-ray version?

I bought mine on amazon, yes it was the blu version.
post #570 of 2138 Old 05-04-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:

I bought mine on amazon, yes it was the blu version.

I guess it's not $18 anymore, but thanks for pointing this out.

Any other options? Are the sets different enough that this is the best "cheap" method other than paying a pro to calibrate it? Or are there some general settings that get you 95% of the way there that I could use? I'm not sure I'm happy with the settings I linked to earlier... something just does not seem right... or it could be due to adjusting from a Pioneer 5080HD plasma which was pretty nice.

Albert Wiersch
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 47lm6700 47 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Tv , Lg Cinema Screen 55lm6700 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Displays
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page