Official LG 47LM6700/55LM6700 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - 2012 - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 2137 Old 05-22-2012, 08:22 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravagedsnail View Post

Is anyone else experiencing some banding and poor screen uniformity? I do not notice it during normal viewing, but anytime watching soccer (especially when the camera pans) I see some light banding in some portions of the TV (47LM6700). I see where others have commented they have seen it, I am just not sure how much is "acceptable" and could perhaps be fixed by LG.

Unfortunately, I am past the return date, but I am enjoying the quality of the 3d on this set very much.

Should I contact LG Support?

Banding - vertical and horizontal - is visable on every edge-lit thin flat screen TV that I have seen. My current LG has it, but I've learned to live with it. The Samsungs that it replaces were just awful.

You can call LG, but I expect that they will say it's 'normal.'

J.Mike
Those who die with the most toys ... are still dead!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 2137 Old 05-22-2012, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by getbigg21 View Post

Well got a call today and they are coming out tomorrow to fix it. I will follow up after they are done.

Okay repair guy just left. He replaced the power supply and also the unit that houses all the hdmi, etc ports. I'm going to get it all set back up and I will let u know what happens.
post #723 of 2137 Old 05-22-2012, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravagedsnail View Post

Mine does this to a certain extent. I also see it differently if I look at the tv from a different angle. It is not strong enough for me to notice it if I am watching tv in the daytime.

Yeah - I'm the same way - during the daytime all is good, its just when I watch movies, and really dark scenes.

I only turn off all the lights when I watch dark, 3d movies.

I just want to know if others have this - if I swap this TV out with a different one, am I going to see the same flashlighting?
post #724 of 2137 Old 05-23-2012, 05:49 AM

Quote:

Okay repair guy just left. He replaced the power supply and also the unit that houses all the hdmi, etc ports. I'm going to get it all set back up and I will let u know what happens.

nice. keep us posted, if it works great for you I'll go ahead and get mine scheduled as well. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaethos View Post

Anyone else have the video freeze up while streaming? It's not a connection issue, it's connected by ethernet and works just fine, at least for the first couple hours. After a couple of hours it suddenly stops and acts like it needs to buffer, but never comes back, even after exiting the app and restarting. This happens with both the Plex streaming and Netflix. The only solution is to turn the TV off and back on.

I'm afraid I may have to exchange it, which would be a pain, so I was wondering if it's just me.

Mine does this too when playing some movies from a USB HDD. I haven't tried Netflix though.

I'm leaning towards heating/ventilation issues for this one. This only happens for me when watching movies from USB specially the longer ones. Temperature in the house is also kinda high. I've never had this happen when I'm on my ps3 though, which I think could be explained by the TV using extra processing power when playing movies from USB or netflix
post #725 of 2137 Old 05-23-2012, 08:34 AM

Liked: 12
i have a surge protector that my tv is connected to. Every outlet on the protector is used up. I have a PS3, WIFI modem, Cable box, Wii, Ethernet modem and the TV all connected to the same one so i doubt that is the problem i agree lg reps have no clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmovies View Post

I got bored and started chatting some LG reps about this issue and I got some interesting replies (I'm not at home at the moment so I haven't tried any of these except for #1 which I tried yesterday):

Rep #1: Need to reset TV. Turn off TV, unplug, hold power button for 30 secs, plug in, turn on

Rep #2: Need to reset TV settings via options (Reinitialize I think is the option name he said)

Rep #3: Check TV's sleep settings, maybe it sleeps after 2 hours

Rep #4: LG recommends the TV be connected directly to the wall power outlet, If the TV must be connected to a surge protector, ensure the surge protector is not overloaded with other devices. This could cause the TV to power down.

Now the first 3 sounded kinda stupid. But #4 got me concerned a bit. I have a Belkin PureAV right now. Any of the user's that's experiencing this issue using some sort of surge protector? Any one using a surge protector that is not getting this problem?

post #726 of 2137 Old 05-23-2012, 09:41 AM

Got the 47" hooked up Monday and out of the box, the picture looks great! I'm "almost" hesitant to tweak the settings (but what fun would that be?).

Will calibrate this weekend but I actually like the remote, think the 2d picture is great and the tv itself is very slick.

No ghosting, light bleeding or any issues yet.
post #727 of 2137 Old 05-23-2012, 05:07 PM

I need to ask you the fastest way to change from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2.

I have my PC on HDMI 1 and CableBox on HDMI2 and the way that Im using is thru the bottom menu but maybe there is some fastest way to do this.

And also ask if is good to set PC to my HDMI 1 (my pc input) because I read that using this option some settings are off or something like that.

Thanks
post #728 of 2137 Old 05-23-2012, 06:46 PM

Does anyone know if this TV supports Picture In Picture (PIP). I have tried every menu item on the TV & looked at the manual. I can't seem to figure it out.
post #729 of 2137 Old 05-23-2012, 06:47 PM

Has anyone heard of any firmware updates that will add the Trumotion setting to those LG HDTVs that are missing that option?
I ask because I was giving 3 different answers from LG....
Answers were
1) it was renamed "Eyecare"
2) a firmware update would be out by the end of May
3) a firmware update would be released sometime in June

Has anyone heard different
Thanks
post #730 of 2137 Old 05-23-2012, 08:47 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyguty View Post

Has anyone heard of any firmware updates that will add the Trumotion setting to those LG HDTVs that are missing that option?
Answers were

Thanks

1) Incorrect, it will still be called Trumotion like it does on the LM7600
2) This is the rumor I heard about by end of May there will be a firmware update to add the Trumotion feature.
3) Have not heard this rumor.
post #731 of 2137 Old 05-24-2012, 12:21 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyguty View Post

Answers were

Thanks

LG reps are clueless man. it is not renamed to eye care, but hopefully the update comes out soon. if it is not out at the end of this month i will call back once again, and this time i wont be so nice.
post #732 of 2137 Old 05-24-2012, 08:08 AM

Thanks for the info,
I figured LG would try to beat around the bush....
I guess it's a waiting game which hopefully leads to an update that adds the Trumotion option.....
post #733 of 2137 Old 05-24-2012, 08:24 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
When I had a LG Blu-ray player some years ago, they were horrible about providing timely firmware updates in order to play the latest Blu-ray releases. I finally gave up and got an OPPO 93 - problem solved.

I'm hoping this 'promised' FM release that adds TruMotion happens soon, but I'm not holding my breath.

J.Mike
Those who die with the most toys ... are still dead!
post #734 of 2137 Old 05-24-2012, 08:59 AM

Update -

I returned mine and Amazon overnighted me a replacement

The replacement was 100x worse - this time with severe flashlighting and LED bleed in all 4 corners of the tv.

REALLY dissapointed.

Amazon is overnighting me a third, will be here tomorrow, and I will update you all once again.

If this third one has more of the same flashlighting, I'll be getting my money back and moving elsewhere.
post #735 of 2137 Old 05-24-2012, 09:19 AM

Too many complains about something we dont need.

I have an SCARLET II with Trumotion and the soap effect is awfull.

Yesterday I played Battlefield 3 for about 2 hours in HDMI labeled as PC and runs PERFECT.

The quality of 2D for viewing movies is EXCELLENT and 3D is the best by far.

Why complain? ENJOY. Is a great TV for the money.

At least thats my opinion
post #736 of 2137 Old 05-24-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlockhart View Post

Update -

I returned mine and Amazon overnighted me a replacement

The replacement was 100x worse - this time with severe flashlighting and LED bleed in all 4 corners of the tv.

REALLY dissapointed.

Amazon is overnighting me a third, will be here tomorrow, and I will update you all once again.

If this third one has more of the same flashlighting, I'll be getting my money back and moving elsewhere.

That's a shame. Amazon is sending me a replacement as mine has minor flashlighting. So minor that it is hard to take a picture that shows it. But it was still driving me nuts that I finally called them. I'm in a Linux terminal a lot on the TV and the non-uniform edges were really bugging me.

Amazon said this flashlighting issue was a problem a little while ago but it has been resolved in newer models. From your experience that sounds like a lie. I hope my newer TV is not worse off.
post #737 of 2137 Old 05-24-2012, 10:52 AM

[quote=xamindar;22059828]That's a shame. Amazon is sending me a replacement as mine has minor flashlighting. So minor that it is hard to take a picture that shows it. But it was still driving me nuts that I finally called them. I'm in a Linux terminal a lot on the TV and the non-uniform edges were really bugging me.

Amazon said this flashlighting issue was a problem a little while ago but it has been resolved in newer models. From your experience that sounds like a lie. I hope my newer TV is not worse off.[/QUOTE

Yes - we will just have to see - I still have the second one, My first one had a March build date, ill see what the second one has, and obviously report my findings on the 3rd once it arrives tomorrow.

I'll also grab some photo's, the second tv they sent me has flashlighting so bad it is almost laughable.

I'm quickly losing faith in LG, and possibly thing LED all together, I am now doing preliminary research on Panny/Sony Plasmas
post #738 of 2137 Old 05-24-2012, 11:44 AM

Anybody interested in this set should check out Paul's TV. They have it at $1349.99 If you try to price match at amazon, they might want to charge the white glove delivery that Paul's doesn't give you for free. Sometimes you get lucky and you get an agent that doesn't compare shipping cost. Good LUCK
post #739 of 2137 Old 05-24-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpolnyc View Post

I need to ask you the fastest way to change from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2.

I have my PC on HDMI 1 and CableBox on HDMI2 and the way that Im using is thru the bottom menu but maybe there is some fastest way to do this.

And also ask if is good to set PC to my HDMI 1 (my pc input) because I read that using this option some settings are off or something like that.

Thanks

I use the scroll wheel for changing inputs, just roll it up or down and it should say "do you want to switch to x input."

At least I think that's what I did/do. Not at home to test it
post #740 of 2137 Old 05-24-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torres0428 View Post

Anybody interested in this set should check out Paul's TV. They have it at $1349.99 If you try to price match at amazon, they might want to charge the white glove delivery that Paul's doesn't give you for free. Sometimes you get lucky and you get an agent that doesn't compare shipping cost. Good LUCK

Amazon also just dropped the price of 55" to $1449 as well. Too bad I ordered mine more than 14 days ago to take advantage of their price guarantee program.

Simon
post #741 of 2137 Old 05-24-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marius View Post

Amazon also just dropped the price of 55" to $1449 as well. Too bad I ordered mine more than 14 days ago to take advantage of their price guarantee program.

you can still try to get the price match. One guy got it 40 days after the purchase
post #742 of 2137 Old 05-24-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpolnyc View Post

Too many complains about something we dont need.

I have an SCARLET II with Trumotion and the soap effect is awfull.

Yesterday I played Battlefield 3 for about 2 hours in HDMI labeled as PC and runs PERFECT.

The quality of 2D for viewing movies is EXCELLENT and 3D is the best by far.

Why complain? ENJOY. Is a great TV for the money.

At least thats my opinion

Not so much as a complaint, as curiosity to toggle an option that is supposed to be included. I can see your point, SOE makes avg. TV look "fake". In the end I'd like to see what effect, if any, it has on sports channels and to find a setting that works for me.
post #743 of 2137 Old 05-24-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torres0428 View Post

you can still try to get the price match. One guy got it 40 days after the purchase

You are a godsend. I just called and they gave me a refund. Thank you so much.

Simon
post #744 of 2137 Old 05-24-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marius View Post

You are a godsend. I just called and they gave me a refund. Thank you so much.

good, I told you. Never hurts to try. Good to hear you saved a little money
post #745 of 2137 Old 05-24-2012, 06:41 PM

alright everyone I told you that I would follow up after LG sent techs out to try to fix my tv from shutting itself down and then booting back up. they came out and replace the power supply and also the area where the HDMI's go into. this was on tuesday and the tv was working great for tuesday and weds. now today i was watching it with my daughter and it did the same thing again. i called up LG tonight and all they would tell me to do it contact the repair service people locally and have them come back out. now i'm really frustrated and almost mad about this b/c I have already taken 2 day's off work to get this taken care of. when i asked what other options i have they told me i could call back tomorrow and talk to someone else. call back tomorrow? why should i need to do that. let me talk to a supervisor right now so we can get this done. they tell me that there are no supervisors there after 5pm. now that just blows my mind. has anyone else had poor customer service from LG? what do you think I should do?
post #746 of 2137 Old 05-24-2012, 08:05 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:

alright everyone I told you that I would follow up after LG sent techs out to try to fix my tv from shutting itself down and then booting back up. they came out and replace the power supply and also the area where the HDMI's go into.

I have the 55LM8600 dual core version it intermittently reboots restarts at times. An actual LG Tech came out, my time window was from 1-5pm he came at 4:50pm then told me he got the wrong part, re-ordered part then when he got it, he said it was wrong again. When he tried to re-order he said it was back ordered don't have an ETA. I'm still within my Amazon 30-day return window so Amazon said they would replace it.
I'm glad I didn't get mine fixed sounds like power supply replacement still causes these random reboot restarts.

If it's at a business someone is always there so time window is acceptable but for someone that needs to be at work maybe a two hour time window then call when tech is on way? I could of just left work at 4:30 to meet him instead of wasting half a work day.
post #747 of 2137 Old 05-24-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cow736 View Post

I have the 55LM8600 dual core version it intermittently reboots restarts at times. An actual LG Tech came out, my time window was from 1-5pm he came at 4:50pm then told me he got the wrong part, re-ordered part then when he got it, he said it was wrong again. When he tried to re-order he said it was back ordered don't have an ETA. I'm still within my Amazon 30-day return window so Amazon said they would replace it.
I'm glad I didn't get mine fixed sounds like power supply replacement still causes these random reboot restarts.

If it's at a business someone is always there so time window is acceptable but for someone that needs to be at work maybe a two hour time window then call when tech is on way? I could of just left work at 4:30 to meet him instead of wasting half a work day.

yeah well after talking with you i got Amazon to cave in. they are going to accept a return and replace it for me. meaning that they are shipping one to me right now. when the new one get's here i will send back the defective. also since it's a new order number i will get another 30 day warranty, etc.
post #748 of 2137 Old 05-25-2012, 02:35 AM

im having this weird issue guys.

i cant turn on my tv, working fine, but i have been away for some days. i did the software update, which i could enable/disable/adjust trumotion.

but now it wont turn on.

i have experienced similar problems using the harmony remote, where the tv took like 30 seconds to show the lg logo, but now its been 5 min, is there anything i can do.

Tried unplugging the power cord for 5 min, didnt help
post #749 of 2137 Old 05-25-2012, 04:57 AM

Apparently i need a service on a tv thats 1 month and 2 days old.

****ing hell. never korean again.
post #750 of 2137 Old 05-25-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrikr View Post

Apparently i need a service on a tv thats 1 month and 2 days old.

****ing hell. never korean again.

where did you buy it? i was having problems and LG didn't step up very well. i contacted amazon and after going through about 4-5 people i finally got them to replace it even after the 30 day return period.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 47lm6700 47 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Tv , Lg Cinema Screen 55lm6700 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Displays
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page