Official LG 47LM6700/55LM6700 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - 2012 - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 2137 Old 03-10-2012, 06:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
@Viper: I was in a similar situation. I was about to buy the 47LW5600 for 977 when I saw this deal. Had to drive 2.5 hours to get this TV, but in the end it was all worth it. Amazing TV at a great price.

I owned a LW5600 earlier and I was planning to buy it again today. I would have been really mad if I would have bought it only to find the deal on LM6700 later.

Anyways, here is what I found so far:

- Out of the box this TV is just beautiful. The silver stand and bezel makes it look stunning.
- TV IS definitely reflective. But once it is turned on, the picture quality is just amazing...there is no reflection.(I have energy saving set to minimum but if you turn it off, the picture improves further - basically it gets more brighter)
- As pointed out earlier, I couldn't find any settings for trumotion. But there is absolutely NO motion blur. Just amazing.
- I like the dedicated 3D and Myapps button on the new magic motion remote.
- I don't like the wheel as the OK button. It's feels really weird pressing it everytime.
- I like the look and feel of the improved menu. There is more 3D content available now.
- Dualplay - That's something I would definitely like to try once I have the special glasses.
- Improved web browser. This is one place where I actually like the wheel.
- SmartShare - That's another thing I would like to try. I like plex and use it quite often. It would awesome to integrate it with the phone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 2137 Old 03-10-2012, 09:05 PM

I bought this today at Hhgregg for $2000.00 out the door. I think I somehow got this tv for a very good deal. I went to BB first and they said lowest they could go was $ 2199.99. They don't have in stock though, and had to order it. Said it could come in any day. They had a 47" there and the picture looked awesome! The 2D to 3D conversion looked ok, soi am sure true 3D movies look awesome. It is truly a sexy tv. I am hoping some people get some calibration settings up by the time I get it. I want to have the best picture possible.. I am curious as to how the sound is on this tv? I know all LEDs are pretty bad, but some are ok. I am sure I will eventually get a soundbar or something. Anyone else who gets this set please post your thoughts on it as soon as possible! I was kind of hoping the 7600 model had the same silver bezel as the 6700. but oh we'll...

I have been reading a lot of forums on the Samsung 7000 and 8000 series for weeks now and had my mind made up until recently , seeing all the bad reviews on these models with clouding,flash lighting, uniformity problems, etc... I hope I have made the right decision
post #63 of 2137 Old 03-11-2012, 07:32 PM

I just purchased the LG 47LM6700 Friday for $999 from Fry's in Downers Grove IL. Unbelievable deal! Here is what I can tell you about the TV and how it differs from the 5600.

Screen is glossy, not matte. But it's not as glossy as most other sets that I saw in the showroom, including the Samsung models. The tradeoff is a much better off axis viewing angle. The 5600 dims the picture off axis. The 6700 has a very wide viewing angle. Glossy sets usually do better with this than matte sets. Depending on your room, the ambient light and the viewing position, one type of screen may suit you more than the other.

The 2D to 3D upconversion is supposedly improved.

The 6700 set looks great with it's new more stable stand, and the unit has no cabinet border. It's quite sleek and very thin as far as depth goes.

Sound is similar to the 5600 but it has something called 3D Sound Zooming. Sounds more like a gimick than anything of substance.

There are also 20 steps for 3D depth control allowing more customization of the 3D effect.

The 5600 had some issues with input lag, a serious concern for gamers. I will test this out on the 6700 in the next couple days. There is also a split screen function when two are playing games in 3d.

The 5600 audio out was only in stereo, and did not pass thru Dolby. Not sure if the 6700 set corrected that issue, but I doubt it.
post #64 of 2137 Old 03-11-2012, 08:04 PM

whats the best price on the 55" lm6700
post #65 of 2137 Old 03-11-2012, 08:29 PM

Just bought the 55lm7600 and need a soundbar. Any suggestions for about $250.00 ?
post #66 of 2137 Old 03-12-2012, 04:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusaderDave View Post

I just purchased the LG 47LM6700 Friday for $999 from Fry's in Downers Grove IL. Unbelievable deal! Here is what I can tell you about the TV and how it differs from the 5600.

Screen is glossy, not matte. But it's not as glossy as most other sets that I saw in the showroom, including the Samsung models. The tradeoff is a much better off axis viewing angle. The 5600 dims the picture off axis. The 6700 has a very wide viewing angle. Glossy sets usually do better with this than matte sets. Depending on your room, the ambient light and the viewing position, one type of screen may suit you more than the other.

The 6700 set looks great with it's new more stable stand, and the unit has no cabinet border. It's quite sleek and very thin as far as depth goes.

Sound is similar to the 5600 but it has something called 3D Sound Zooming. Sounds more like a gimick than anything of substance.

There are also 20 steps for 3D depth control allowing more customization of the 3D effect.

The 5600 had some issues with input lag, a serious concern for gamers. I will test this out on the 6700 in the next couple days. There is also a split screen function when two are playing games in 3d.

The 5600 audio out was only in stereo, and did not pass thru Dolby. Not sure if the 6700 set corrected that issue, but I doubt it.

The 5600 hs 20 steps as well.
post #67 of 2137 Old 03-12-2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elykoj View Post

Just bought the 55lm7600 and need a soundbar. Any suggestions for about $250.00 ?

Id check out zvox audio site.

I got a cabinet from them that produced some awesome surround sound & bass for a small thin box.
post #68 of 2137 Old 03-12-2012, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joed32 View Post

The 5600 hs 20 steps as well.

I believe that the 20 steps for the 5600 is only on the 2D to 3D conversion. Compare specs on lg website. The 6700 also adds a 3D viewpoint control with 20 steps.
post #69 of 2137 Old 03-12-2012, 08:14 AM

I think the 6700 has DTS licensing now, as i see it listed in the manual.

I do really love the look of this tv, i dont really have a good eye for pq, but coming from a Samsung DLP, this one looks way better.

Im hoping someone will access the ezmenu and see if there are any options to unlock.

What should local diming be set at for best pic quality? I think i have it on default (medium)
post #70 of 2137 Old 03-12-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:

Cool, I purchased this yesterday off the same Fry's, they only had 2 left. My local BB would not price match even after confirming Fry's price because of how low it was.

Has anyone found out a way to adjust the TV's refresh rate?

While watching Blu-ray's last night I did notice some pretty bad grain on darker scenes. Not sure if it was the disc or the TV, I'm still playing around with the settings.

Overall, I'm in love with this TV.
post #71 of 2137 Old 03-12-2012, 11:07 AM

I sent LG an e-mail asking if the TruMotion can be disabled as was the case with the 5600 and 6500 models. This is a function that should still be available but so far nobody can find how to disable it. It's rather important for gamers to reduce lag and also to give the user maximum control of the picture.
post #72 of 2137 Old 03-12-2012, 11:48 AM

I am not a gamer, so I have question about this TruMotion on the 7600 model I bought but have not received yet. With this feature enabled, am I going to have soap opera effect at all times unless there is a way to disable the TruMotion setting?
post #73 of 2137 Old 03-12-2012, 12:53 PM

It will be really interesting to know if we can get into the service menu of 6700/7600 to enable THX modes as we could with 5600. I am just waiting for those discussions to start
post #74 of 2137 Old 03-12-2012, 01:05 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:

I have only seen downsides with the new models compared to the LW5600/LW6500.

The only positive is the extra USB port but with 2 already, there's not much use for a third.

I really think the highly reflective glossy screen is a step backwards. I have seen the 2 , (at least the LM7600) side by side and the matte screen doesn't display 'at all', many of the reflections that are visible within the LM7600's picture.

Another big deal to me, is the loss of 1 component video input and an additional loss of 1 composite video input. Both of which I definitely use for my many components I have. The extra composite video input is a really big deal since this TV doesn't have a front input. I use that for our older DV Camcorder and digital cameras.

The new models look nice and while the loss of the extra inputs is an inconvenience, the glossy screen is what really bothers me. I love the matte screen and always am noticing how the picture is NOT destroyed by all the reflections I was use to seeing with my older CRT TV and even the Plasma TV I tried and hated. Even with my CRT, I always had to wait to watch when the sun went down or when others didn't need lamp light, to really enjoy the Movie. Now I don't have to worry about that because the Matte screen makes the picture enjoyable in all light conditions.

With the great discount prices of the LW5600 televisions, I can't see why anyone would want a newer LM6700 when it less featured than the previous model. You also lose the standard remote with the LM6700 while the LW5600 provides you with a standard remote and a majic motion remote.

I'm just wondering if these new models have actually any true advantages over the older models or have just supposed, unsubstantiated performance claims.
post #75 of 2137 Old 03-12-2012, 02:28 PM

will some one who as both the lw5600 and the lm6700 try to see if the remote will work on the newer model please because i would just buy a lw5600 remote or a universal if it wont work
post #76 of 2137 Old 03-12-2012, 02:28 PM

I heard someone say (not sure if its true) that on the 6700 the trumotion cannot be turned off but there are options on the 7600 to do this

Im going to be buying the RCA RCRN03BR remote later today to try and access the ezmenu, although i havent done it before, some tips to doing it would be helpful.

Ill post back on the results tonight hopefully
post #77 of 2137 Old 03-12-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolMETAL View Post

With the great discount prices of the LW5600 televisions, I can't see why anyone would want a newer LM6700 when it less featured than the previous model. You also lose the standard remote with the LM6700 while the LW5600 provides you with a standard remote and a majic motion remote.

I'm just wondering if these new models have actually any true advantages over the older models or have just supposed, unsubstantiated performance claims.

i mustve been searching incorrectly, but up till last friday, i couldnt find any "great discounts" on the 5600...i searched nonstop for 2wks straight prior to that and finally settled on amazon warehouse deals for a "like new" 5600 for 924.00 shipped, last week after i had ordered dell had a $999 new for a 5600, but deals were very slim, and it looked liked prices started going up not down as i thought they would.

The new motion remote is not the same as the 5600 its updated and has additional buttons, including a 3d button, i actually like it and havent felt like it is lacking much of anything.

I actually really like the glossy screen, and as far as reflection, i dont see any when the tv is on...i have mine set up in my living room with lots of ambient light.

To each his own as far as "true advantages" as thats probably different from person to person...but as far as additions over the 5600, they are there for sure.
post #78 of 2137 Old 03-12-2012, 02:49 PM

i have $1300 to spend and i want a 55 inch either model
post #79 of 2137 Old 03-12-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viper View Post

I heard someone say (not sure if its true) that on the 6700 the trumotion cannot be turned off but there are options on the 7600 to do this

Im going to be buying the RCA RCRN03BR remote later today to try and access the ezmenu, although i havent done it before, some tips to doing it would be helpful.

Ill post back on the results tonight hopefully

Keep us updated! Thanks!
post #80 of 2137 Old 03-12-2012, 04:09 PM

Liked: 11
Anyone tried a speed test using the wireless on the 7600? I am getting barely 2 Mbps on the tv vs. my iPad at 25!! Streaming is hanging up every 10 secs!
post #81 of 2137 Old 03-12-2012, 05:27 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:

i mustve been searching incorrectly, but up till last friday, i couldnt find any "great discounts" on the 5600...i searched nonstop for 2wks straight prior to that and finally settled on amazon warehouse deals for a "like new" 5600 for 924.00 shipped, last week after i had ordered dell had a $999 new for a 5600, but deals were very slim, and it looked liked prices started going up not down as i thought they would.

The new motion remote is not the same as the 5600 its updated and has additional buttons, including a 3d button, i actually like it and havent felt like it is lacking much of anything.

I actually really like the glossy screen, and as far as reflection, i dont see any when the tv is on...i have mine set up in my living room with lots of ambient light.

To each his own as far as "true advantages" as thats probably different from person to person...but as far as additions over the 5600, they are there for sure.

One thing I noticed is that the new models offer a new resolution up conversion statement but I've always thought that conversion had to be done regardless, to reach the fixed native resolution of television. Often times the media player may offer 'better' resolution matching for the television due to poor processing in the television. So I don't really know if this is just a marketing strategy or better circuits.
post #82 of 2137 Old 03-12-2012, 06:41 PM

So i tried accessing the ezmenu, but i have no idea what im doing...this is what i did

i bought a RCA universal remote and programmed it to turn my tv on, off, etc.

I thought at this point you just hit the "guide" button (when tv is on?) and enter the passcode...but i get nothing

am i doing something wrong here?

EDIT: so i did follow the directions at openlgtv . org. I programmed the remote with "11265" which worked, its just that the guide button does nothing
post #83 of 2137 Old 03-12-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsingla View Post

It will be really interesting to know if we can get into the service menu of 6700/7600 to enable THX modes as we could with 5600. I am just waiting for those discussions to start

+1. Can anyone enable THX mode in the service menu?
post #84 of 2137 Old 03-12-2012, 08:17 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

So i tried accessing the ezmenu, but i have no idea what im doing...this is what i did

i bought a RCA universal remote and programmed it to turn my tv on, off, etc.

I thought at this point you just hit the "guide" button (when tv is on?) and enter the passcode...but i get nothing

am i doing something wrong here?

EDIT: so i did follow the directions at openlgtv . org. I programmed the remote with "11265" which worked, its just that the guide button does nothing

If i remember correctly you have to double press the guide or menu button then after that it will ask for a passcode.
post #85 of 2137 Old 03-12-2012, 08:52 PM

So I went to a Fry's and took my RCa remote to see if I can access the service menu and I was able. The bad thing is you can't change the settings. Maybe there is a different password that would allow you to change settings but for now I wasn't able to change the settings. I returned my 65lw6500 today so I can get one of the new models. I'm going to have to rethink that cause I really liked the DVR options is that tv
post #86 of 2137 Old 03-13-2012, 12:03 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by elykoj View Post

bestbuy has the tv bundled with the new lg soundbar for the same price as the tv this week
post #87 of 2137 Old 03-13-2012, 05:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:

I believe that the 20 steps for the 5600 is only on the 2D to 3D conversion. Compare specs on lg website. The 6700 also adds a 3D viewpoint control with 20 steps.

The 5600 has that for viewpoint as well. Haven't fooled with them since I first tried it and didn't like the effect. You are right that one of them is grayed out in either 2D-3D or normal 3D. I'm pretty sure it is on the conversion that that happens. I did try them both and liked the picture much better unaltered. Depends on each persons eyes I guess.
post #88 of 2137 Old 03-13-2012, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth tha boss View Post

bestbuy has the tv bundled with the new lg soundbar for the same price as the tv this week

So does Amazon.
post #89 of 2137 Old 03-13-2012, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgmun5000 View Post

If i remember correctly you have to double press the guide or menu button then after that it will ask for a passcode.

tried that too, im gonna return the remote and grab one i know that works to access the menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by torres0428 View Post

So I went to a Fry's and took my RCa remote to see if I can access the service menu and I was able. The bad thing is you can't change the settings.

well thats disappointing news, at least we have a confirmation that you can access the service menu
post #90 of 2137 Old 03-13-2012, 07:12 AM

Picked up one of these at Fry's on the sale, i think because i reserved it over the phone instead of online they charged me tax but that still kept it to $1080, which is a great deal.

Very happy with the picture although i'd like to wait for settings from an expert, the 2D to 3D conversion is pretty good, a little gimmicky but that's why i wanted passive and not active since it's not my main importance.

There is some green light bleeding from the corners but this seems to disappear when a picture is active, it's only noticeable when switching between inputs for example or between menu items. I've not tested it in a properly dark room yet so i'll leave that issue open for now.

Am having some issues with my roku box as well, seems to be an HDCP incompatibility, i'm going to try various fixes but is a bit frustrating, no problems with any other HDMI devices.

The jury is still out for me but it does look real pretty
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 47lm6700 47 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Tv , Lg Cinema Screen 55lm6700 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Displays
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page