Official LG 47LM6700/55LM6700 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - 2012 - Page 34 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #991 of 2137 Old 06-19-2012, 08:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sounds to good ( easy ) to be true ....
But what the hell -- I'll try
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 2137 Old 06-19-2012, 08:39 AM

How do I check my firmware?
post #993 of 2137 Old 06-19-2012, 08:52 AM

Liked: 11
How do you register the TV?
post #994 of 2137 Old 06-19-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman23j View Post

How do I check my firmware?

Go to settings-> support (question mark symbol) -> Software update -> Displays current firmware version. Should be pretty easy to find.
post #995 of 2137 Old 06-19-2012, 09:34 AM

Liked: 12
earz6280,

if that's true you might be the first person with a 47" which has trumotion settings.

and this is where you register your product on LGs site, click here
post #996 of 2137 Old 06-19-2012, 10:05 AM

Hi All - Been a long time since I posted on AVS. Glad to be back. Trying to catch up on this and other threads for this TV.

Re: the TruMotion firmare issue, I picked up my 47LM7600 from BB last Friday. It has a May 2012 manufacture date, came with firmware version 03.20.93. and did have the TruMotion selection available. Though for right now I'm opting to leave it off per advice earlier. 

This is my first LG, coming from a Pano Plasma TH42PX50U (which i still have and like) so getting used to an LED-LCD takes some getting used to (esp black levels as expected). I've been toying with the calibration settings suggested earlier on in the thread as well (preferring the lower backlight for sure). So far so good but not there yet.

I was wondering if anyone else has calibration settings they like? Both for dark and bright rooms.

I'd suggest my own, but they are just repeats of earlier ones as I'm a novice when it comes to knowing what decent settings are.

Thanks!

LG 1080p 3d 47LM7600, Sony STR-DA4ES receiver, Boston Micro 90x II Surround speakers+sub.

post #997 of 2137 Old 06-19-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdabbs View Post

Go to settings-> support (question mark symbol) -> Software update -> Displays current firmware version. Should be pretty easy to find.

Thanks I guess I need to get used to the smart remote.
post #998 of 2137 Old 06-19-2012, 11:36 AM

Liked: 12
I always hear people say how the black levels aren't very good on this set, but I'd have to disagree. My sister's Panasonic plasma (not a high end model) has decent blacks but you lose too much of the image, and the picture is about as bright as my LM6700 with energy saving set to medium. My cousin has a high end Panasonic GT50 and the black levels were more grey than anything, though he probably doesn't have it calibrated. When the lights are on in my room my black levels are almost like the screen is off. This isn't really the case at night but it's still pretty impressive in my opinion
post #999 of 2137 Old 06-19-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerfan97 View Post

Re: the TruMotion firmare issue, I picked up my 47LM7600 from BB last Friday. It has a May 2012 manufacture date, came with firmware version 03.20.93. and did have the TruMotion selection available. Though for right now I'm opting to leave it off per advice earlier. 

just a friendly fyi: the trumotion on the 7600 has never been disputed, only for the 6700, which is why their is a separate thread for the 7600, but im sure you already knew that smile.gif

On another note: I just did a quick registration on LG site, so we will see if i get that trumotion firmware update, like others have said, it sounds too good to be tru

EDIT: I think i asked this a while ago, but for the people who are having LG techs come out to fix mainboards, etc, it would be awesome if you could get the "skinny" on how we can change options in the service menu (via a code or a special remote)
post #1000 of 2137 Old 06-19-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earz6280 View Post

So my LG 47LM6700 arrived on Saturday and I started to wonder..."Where is that soap opera effect, where is the trumotion?" I'm actually the only person who likes the effect and I wanted to toggle it on. I was on Firmware 3.20.31 I searched thru every menu and then the manual which is useless, then went online and found this forum. I've both chatted and spoke with LG and the rep on the phone told me that I had to register the TV in order to recieve the new firmware update. Without pause, I thought she was full of it. So I took the extra time to register it yesterday and, when I woke up this morning and turned the TV on it is now running the 3.20.93 Firmware. So I find the Trumotion setting under picture control and toggle it on as it was set to off originally. I turned it on, and there it is, the soap opera effect and with another de judder adjustment bar. I thought I got ripped off. So finally guys, a solution, register your TV and wait a least a day and your tv will automatically update. Thank God.

Hmm sounds too good to be true but what the hell I mind as well try it and I'll report back with the results. I wonder why registering the TV does anything in terms of getting the updated firmware.
post #1001 of 2137 Old 06-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 39
I have the 55LM7600 set. Fell into a good deal at P.C. Richards. After getting it set up and using calibration settings online as a guide, then my own tweaks, the picture is excellent. I have had two other LG TV's and am familiar with the Picture Wizard control.

My question is, does anyone else see their Wizard II on this series of sets seemingly not working correctly? It did when I first used it, but realized today it is not behaving correctly. When you go to the first screen, with a choice of two picture settings, "Standard" or :Preferred" there is no picture in the background to see the changes, it's just black.

Then, for the Tint control, there is a generic all blue picture in the background, not the two people in the other pictures. Anyone else seeing this? Thanks.
post #1002 of 2137 Old 06-19-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatetolivelts View Post

I always hear people say how the black levels aren't very good on this set, but I'd have to disagree. My sister's Panasonic plasma (not a high end model) has decent blacks but you lose too much of the image, and the picture is about as bright as my LM6700 with energy saving set to medium. My cousin has a high end Panasonic GT50 and the black levels were more grey than anything, though he probably doesn't have it calibrated. When the lights are on in my room my black levels are almost like the screen is off. This isn't really the case at night but it's still pretty impressive in my opinion

thats strange, all the plasmas that we've had had better black detail than the lm6700. with that said, i am impressed with the black levels on this set.
post #1003 of 2137 Old 06-19-2012, 08:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Do owners of this model have major issues with flashlighting and clouding, or any overheating issues where the tv gets a color shift after running for many hours? Over on the lm8600 thread, some people are complaining of their sets overheating and needing to readjust the color throughout the day, and random reboots, plus very bad flashlighting. I'm wondering if LG owners here have experienced any of those issues or could it just be a few bad sets that people are getting in the other forum? They've got me thinking in the lm8600 thread that lg has an issue with design (not enough vents for heat) and quality control issues (flashlighting/clouding). I understand all edge-lit LCD sets will have flashlighting but how bad do these lg sets get regarding that?
post #1004 of 2137 Old 06-19-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 View Post

Do owners of this model have major issues with flashlighting and clouding, or any overheating issues where the tv gets a color shift after running for many hours? Over on the lm8600 thread, some people are complaining of their sets overheating and needing to readjust the color throughout the day, and random reboots, plus very bad flashlighting. I'm wondering if LG owners here have experienced any of those issues or could it just be a few bad sets that people are getting in the other forum? They've got me thinking in the lm8600 thread that lg has an issue with design (not enough vents for heat) and quality control issues (flashlighting/clouding). I understand all edge-lit LCD sets will have flashlighting but how bad do these lg sets get regarding that?

i really dont know if flashlighting has anything to do with the way the tvs are shipped, but i did not get mine shipped, and flashlight/light leakage is minimal. i have read a few people in this thread complaining about flashlighting and rebooting.
post #1005 of 2137 Old 06-19-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:

So my LG 47LM6700 arrived on Saturday and I started to wonder..."Where is that soap opera effect, where is the trumotion?" I'm actually the only person who likes the effect and I wanted to toggle it on. I was on Firmware 3.20.31 I searched thru every menu and then the manual which is useless, then went online and found this forum. I've both chatted and spoke with LG and the rep on the phone told me that I had to register the TV in order to recieve the new firmware update. Without pause, I thought she was full of it. So I took the extra time to register it yesterday and, when I woke up this morning and turned the TV on it is now running the 3.20.93 Firmware. So I find the Trumotion setting under picture control and toggle it on as it was set to off originally. I turned it on, and there it is, the soap opera effect and with another de judder adjustment bar. I thought I got ripped off. So finally guys, a solution, register your TV and wait a least a day and your tv will automatically update. Thank God.

thats wierd, i didn't know the Tv does automatic updates, maybe its a setting. im pretty sure i registered my tv when i first got it.
post #1006 of 2137 Old 06-19-2012, 11:37 PM

As I have posted previously, I have been dealing with the rebooting problem two to three times a day. Main board replaced, numerous emails with LG which is a frustrating process and no help.

This is crazy but we had a power failure on Saturday that lasted 2 hours and since then there has not been a single reboot for three days now. I have no idea what this means or if it will last but I would like to see if the same thing will happen to someone else. Those of you with this problem could you try unplugging your TV for at least two hours or maybe overnight and post the results.

If anyone has any expertise in electronics, is this feasible and what could cause it?

I should add that I previously tried an LG suggested reset of unplugging the TV, holding down the power button an plugging it back in but that didn't help.
post #1007 of 2137 Old 06-19-2012, 11:47 PM

What does the reboot issue look like? Can someone make a youtube video about that. I don't think it happens on my TV.
post #1008 of 2137 Old 06-19-2012, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoneill View Post

As I have posted previously, I have been dealing with the rebooting problem two to three times a day. Main board replaced, numerous emails with LG which is a frustrating process and no help.
This is crazy but we had a power failure on Saturday that lasted 2 hours and since then there has not been a single reboot for three days now. I have no idea what this means or if it will last but I would like to see if the same thing will happen to someone else. Those of you with this problem could you try unplugging your TV for at least two hours or maybe overnight and post the results.
If anyone has any expertise in electronics, is this feasible and what could cause it?
I should add that I previously tried an LG suggested reset of unplugging the TV, holding down the power button an plugging it back in but that didn't help.

I bet the rebooting is caused by dirty power or possibly a slightly out of spec mains power in the house. Have any of you with the rebooting issue measured your ac voltage? I keep reading in this thread that the people with the rebooting issue have been unable to resolve it with mainboard swaps and even whole new tvs. If you get the whole tv replaced and it is still happening, I would start to suspect that it is not the tv.
post #1009 of 2137 Old 06-20-2012, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xamindar View Post

I bet the rebooting is caused by dirty power or possibly a slightly out of spec mains power in the house. Have any of you with the rebooting issue measured your ac voltage? I keep reading in this thread that the people with the rebooting issue have been unable to resolve it with mainboard swaps and even whole new tvs. If you get the whole tv replaced and it is still happening, I would start to suspect that it is not the tv.

Thanks for the input. How would that sync with my case. The TV preformed flawlessly for the first three months prior to the first reboot. Now after the power failure that affected a large number of people In our city, it is not rebooting, at least for now. I don't have a voltage tester but I had an electrician out a couple years ago because there were too many outlets on the same circuit. The one the TV is plugged into was separated from others at that time.

I don't think whole TV's have been replaced yet, other than those looking for the TruMotion update. Some like me have had the main board replaced and some have also had the power supply replaced.
post #1010 of 2137 Old 06-20-2012, 06:09 AM

I have had a single reboot, it was during playing a 3D xbox game for a couple of hours. I assumed it was maybe a crash in the 3D processor. I have not been able to reproduce it so far.
post #1011 of 2137 Old 06-20-2012, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalDistortion View Post

thats wierd, i didn't know the Tv does automatic updates, maybe its a setting. im pretty sure i registered my tv when i first got it.

I registered yesterday and no magic update as of yet...
post #1012 of 2137 Old 06-20-2012, 06:40 AM

This is what a supervisor told me a few seconds ago:

John: There where rumors that there was going to be an update for it but before answering you yesterday I checked with our Home entertainment's team which is who releases the information and confirmed there will not be an update. Because the unit is 120hz. Usually when several complaints are file in some cases they might lead to product redesign or improvement, I cannot guarantee this is what will happen but we did submit your complaint yesterday
post #1013 of 2137 Old 06-20-2012, 06:40 AM

Same.

Is anyone having problems w/ Netflix freezing on a black screen, requiring the TV to be turned off and back on?

First post but have been keeping up over the past few weeks.
post #1014 of 2137 Old 06-20-2012, 06:48 AM

Quote:

This is what a supervisor told me a few seconds ago:
John: There where rumors that there was going to be an update for it but before answering you yesterday I checked with our Home entertainment's team which is who releases the information and confirmed there will not be an update. Because the unit is 120hz. Usually when several complaints are file in some cases they might lead to product redesign or improvement, I cannot guarantee this is what will happen but we did submit your complaint yesterday

So you are saying that LG just told you there will not be a TruMotion update? This is not clear? What does "Because the unit is 120hz." mean. Plus there already has been an update for new units and a firmware release in Australia? I am confused.
post #1015 of 2137 Old 06-20-2012, 06:53 AM

So here's the thing...All of you can take(send) your TV's back and exchange them and hope for a model that was manufactured in MAY with the 3.20.93 Firmware. But that's just hope. Or you can Deal with it. LG with not replace the set. This is why people but crummy Vizios from walmart. So they Don't have to deal with the Big Four, Sony, LG, Samsung and Panasonic. All of us who have the 3.20.31 Firmware are in fact...SCREWED!
Don't hope for a firmware update. Also, the MLB.TV app for our tv's will not be working anytime soon!!! Look on the bright side...we all have nice looking Tv's with ok picture performance, no soap effect which some of us wanted, and a real cinema mode that doesn't seem to do anything, and netflix, vudu and hulu apps that stutter and lock up. But i'm sure we have Xbox's, Ps3's, Roku's and bluray players, so in the end, UP YOURS LG, we will be alright and can deal with your mistake.
post #1016 of 2137 Old 06-20-2012, 06:54 AM

I'm thinking our units are not even 120hz...I think they are 60hz but LG doesn't want to admit it. But they do have some good 3D though. So the kids are happy.
post #1017 of 2137 Old 06-20-2012, 06:56 AM

Here's what the supervisor is saying now......

John: Thank you for holding, I got 2 different answers so I contacted our engineers and was informed that they are working on an update for it to be in the menu no ETA yet. So you are correct you will have an update available, I thank you for questioning me and us several times on this so I will make sure that this information is distributed to all
post #1018 of 2137 Old 06-20-2012, 06:58 AM

First we're getting an update, then we aren't, now we are but with no ETA. I give up!!!
post #1019 of 2137 Old 06-20-2012, 07:02 AM

Quote:

So here's the thing...All of you can take(send) your TV's back and exchange them and hope for a model that was manufactured in MAY with the 3.20.93 Firmware. But that's just hope. Or you can Deal with it. LG with not replace the set. This is why people but crummy Vizios from walmart. So they Don't have to deal with the Big Four, Sony, LG, Samsung and Panasonic. All of us who have the 3.20.31 Firmware are in fact...SCREWED!
Don't hope for a firmware update. Also, the MLB.TV app for our tv's will not be working anytime soon!!! Look on the bright side...we all have nice looking Tv's with ok picture performance, no soap effect which some of us wanted, and a real cinema mode that doesn't seem to do anything, and netflix, vudu and hulu apps that stutter and lock up. But i'm sure we have Xbox's, Ps3's, Roku's and bluray players, so in the end, UP YOURS LG, we will be alright and can deal with your mistake.

Well I'm holding out for an update within my 30 day window otherwise I will have Amazon exchange the TV for me. It will cost Amazon money, it will cost LG money. Crazy.
post #1020 of 2137 Old 06-20-2012, 07:22 AM

Not having 120 Hz is unacceptable when it is advertised as having it. I would not have bought this TV, otherwise. I'm starting to regret it already. I have a LG 42LK530 that has 120 Hz and adjustable TruMotion and the difference is uncanny. With the TruMotion feature not enabled on my 55LM6700, it appears to be 60 Hz.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 47lm6700 47 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Tv , Lg Cinema Screen 55lm6700 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Displays
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page