Official LG 47LM6700/55LM6700 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - 2012 - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 2137 Old 03-17-2012, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoDim View Post

Actually I just checked the owner's manual and it says the remote is bluetooth and IR. Will I be missing out on anything by using a non-bluetooth remote?

The back of my remote says it is RF. To program my Harmony 650 I had to use the LW6500 preset in the database and that worked so I was able to control the power and volume. Not sure if you can learn RF commands though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 2137 Old 03-17-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpoama View Post

The back of my remote says it is RF. To program my Harmony 650 I had to use the LW6500 preset in the database and that worked so I was able to control the power and volume. Not sure if you can learn RF commands though.

Which commands are you missing without RF?
post #123 of 2137 Old 03-17-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:

I could only learn the power toggle, the others I tried but didn't work. But it isn't that big of a deal, since the magic wand remote is only used when changing inputs or playing around with the apps. And since I got the volume from the previous years model in the Harmony database, I didn't need to get it from the remote.
post #124 of 2137 Old 03-18-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:

I think the harmony remote database for this TV model doesn't cover HOME and MY APPS. Not sure if this is a issue with the TV or harmony.
post #125 of 2137 Old 03-19-2012, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajMirage View Post

Has any of the gadget websites posted calibrated settings for this model?

Anyone have any luck with calibration settings? I've searched but have found noting.
post #126 of 2137 Old 03-19-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRod v1.0 View Post

Anyone have any luck with calibration settings? I've searched but have found noting.

The built-in calibration wizard does a good job. I also used the WOW blue ray title to calibrate and PQ is much better after calibration.
post #127 of 2137 Old 03-19-2012, 09:04 AM

[quote=RajMirage;21797923]The built-in calibration wizard does a good job. I also used the WOW blue ray title to calibrate and PQ is much better after calibration.[/QUOT

Is the WOW blue ray title just for the blue ray picture settings? Can you post your settings for both? And do you think these can be used for the 55LM7600 as well?
post #128 of 2137 Old 03-19-2012, 03:12 PM

How different is the LED+ of this TV compared to Edge lit LED TV's?
post #129 of 2137 Old 03-19-2012, 09:36 PM

Hi guys.. I'm also looking in those models... I dont live in the us, so i have to find a model, buy it and get it send to my country.. so i've been looking carefuly between the lw5600 or the new models lm6700... They are almost the same price in amazon... but what do you think should i get? the old 55lw5600 or the new 47lm6700???
I cant find nowhere the real differences between the 2 models..
Could you help me here please...
post #130 of 2137 Old 03-20-2012, 05:36 AM

Hey. First I apologize for grammatical errors. I do not speak English very well. I've done a survey to the owners of this TV can help people. You can copy and paste and delete inappropriate responses. It is not necessary to answer all questions.Thank you very much in advance. I would appreciate grammatical correction of the survey.

The black levels are: very good / good / Normal / bad / Very bad
The colours are: extremely natural / natural / normal / artificial / extremely artificial
Presets image are: very good / good / normal / bad / very bad
I prefer image preset:
My configuration is: Brightness: Contrast: Colour: Backlight:
Angle Vision: the quality images starts to be poor from: X degrees
Clear Motion Rate works: very good / good / normal / bad / very bad
Rapid scenes have artefacts:
I have problems uniformity:
I have problems flashlighting:
I have problems clouding:
Quality image ATSC SD is: very good / good / normal / bad / very bad
Quality image HD is: very good / good / normal / bad / very bad
Upscaller is: very good / good / normal / bad / very bad
Global Quality image is: very good / good / normal / bad /very bad / expected better / saticfactory / unsaticfactory (in numbers 0 - 10)
Bass sounds are: nonexistent / poor / normal / good / very good / saticfactory / unsaticfactory
Treble sounds are: rich / poor
Sound equalizer improve experience: very little / little / quite / a lot
Boot time: X seconds
Agility menus are: very good / good / normal / bad / very bad / sometimes have problems
I have reset tv: never / once every 2-3 days / once a week / more twice week / frequently / .
Interface menus are: Very easy / easy / normal / difficult / very difficult
Voice control works: very good / good / normal / bad / very bad
Gesture control works: very good / good / normal / bad / very bad
Face recognition works: very good / good / normal / bad / very bad
Web browser works: very good / good / normal / bad / very bad
Speed web browser is: very good / good / normal / bad / very bad
Flash player works: very good / good / normal / bad / very bad
I like apps:
Quality Image 3D is: very good / good / normal / bad / very bad
Conversion 2D to 3D is: very good / good / normal / bad / very bad
I have problems crosstalk:
Input lag is: very good / good / normal / bad / very bad
I can play games:
What I liked about this TV is:
What I donĀ“t liked about this TV is:
This TV should improve:
Impressions other:
post #131 of 2137 Old 03-20-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesos View Post

Hi guys.. I'm also looking in those models... I dont live in the us, so i have to find a model, buy it and get it send to my country.. so i've been looking carefuly between the lw5600 or the new models lm6700... They are almost the same price in amazon... but what do you think should i get? the old 55lw5600 or the new 47lm6700???
I cant find nowhere the real differences between the 2 models..
Could you help me here please...

I had some time to compare the previous model with the new model as I had purchased both the new 47LM6700 model and the previous 47LW6500 model for $999 from different stores. Wasn't sure which one I was going to keep until I played around with them in my family room. Here is what I found out about the primary differences. I did not compare the wireless functunality of the TVs.

It is obvious that LG's engineers have improved the performance of two issues that were problematic with the older model, audio performance and input lag. The sound on the 6500 (same as 5600) was tinny and colored. The sound on the 6700 was more natural and balanced with more of a low end than what was capable on last year's model. This was accomplished by adding a larger encasement around the two rear speakers. If you are using your TV's audio, this may be a consideration in choosing between the two models. Although I have a nice surround system I usually only use it for movies, not when watching other programing. As an additional bonus, it appears that from other posts that LG has now included the ability to pass Dolby encoding through the audio output. The older models downcoded this into simple two channel stereo.

While I am not a gamer, my two kids are and that was also a consideration in which model to keep. I had my older son play some of his XBox 360 combat games which require quick responses and a TV with minimal input lag. It was quite obvious that the 6500/5600 model had issues with this even when in game mode and after disabling all video porcessing. The newer 6700 model showed no noticeable input lag when in game mode.

Even though the newer model has made improvements in the TV's audio and input lag the older model still had some advantages which may make it more appealing to some. For some reason the 6700 model does not allow the user to turn off or adjust Tru Motion while those capabilities were available on the 5600/6500 models. If you want this capability you will have to step up to the 7600 models. The funny thing is that I really did not notice the soap opera effect on the 6700. Additionally, sports action showed no motion blur or artifacts. Not sure what LG made the internal settings for Tru Motion on the 6700 with respect to Judder and Blur but they seem to have found a nice compromise for sports and movies. When I played with the 6500 models Tru Motion settings I noticed that when stepping up the Tru Motion to "high" I did notice the soap opera effect on movies. If you want the ability to fiddle with the Tru Motion settings then you will have to either buy the older 5600/6500 models or step up to the 7600. For me it was initially a big concern, but after watching various programming I found no real complaints on the 6700 model.

As has been stated by many others, the new models use a more reflective screen. While not as glossy as other manufacturers it does reflect more light than the matte screem employed on the older models. Ambient room light is not an issue but if your setup in your house has windows behind your viewing position or other source reflections then you may want to consider the matte screen. If most of your viewing comes in the evening or if you are able to cover the windows during the day when watching TV then this shouldn't be much a concern.

Both models have the same performance with respect to horizontal off-axis viewing, which is well below average for an LED TV. In an earlier post I had stated that the new model showed much better off axis image. After seeing both TVs in the same setting I can honestly say that they are equally bad. There is a noticeable dropoff in contrast and brightness when vewing from an angle greater than 30% off center, maybe even at 20%.

As for the so-called improvements in the 2D-3D conversion on the newer models, I can honestly say that I saw no difference at all. I would not suggest using the TVs for this capability as they end up providing some strange distorted images that could cause some nausea. On the other hand, the 3D image on both sets when watching actual 3D content was equally outstanding for both models.

Overall the pictures on both sets were equally appealing. The image that these LG sets produce are excellent. On axis or slight off axis images are in my opinion better than any other set in this price range.

In sumary....

6700 Pros
1. Much better natural sound from the TV
2. Significant improvement in input lag
3. Ability to pass Dolby encoding thru audio output

6700 Cons
1. More screen reflections than the matte screens used in older models
2. No ability to disabale or adjust Tru Motion settings
post #132 of 2137 Old 03-20-2012, 12:08 PM

Liked: 11
What about black level and clouding/flashlights?

P *a *n *a *s *o *n *i *c ** S *T *W *5 *0
post #133 of 2137 Old 03-20-2012, 12:36 PM

How is this TV when compared to the D7000 of samsung?
post #134 of 2137 Old 03-20-2012, 10:48 PM

Has anyone used this mount for their 55LM7600?
http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Fash.../dp/B003M83OXM

I have my TV coming in and wonder if the mount works with the connections on the back?
post #135 of 2137 Old 03-21-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by datguy85 View Post

Could you modify your own? By taking the left and right out of each and swapping them? Then out would give you full left pair, full right. I have 12 pair, I may abuse a few.

I was able to successfully do this last night and tested it with GT5. There was a very very VERY slight ghost image of player 2's screen that is only noticeable in the edges. I don't think this would be noticable during gaming sessions so I am pleased in general.

With the new 2012 version of the glasses, I think it will be necessary to cut a piece of the lens to snap the plastic glasses housing back in place. I tried taking the right out of one pair and placing it in the left of the other pair (flipped backwards so it would fit) and it did not work.

I had to take the right and shove it in the left side without flipping it around and the dual view worked. Take a sharp object and pry the part that holds the lenses in near the hinge of the glasses. At the same time I used my fingernail to pry the snaps on the eyebrow edge of the glasses. I did not pull off the plastic completely, I slid the lenses out. I will post pictures to make this more clear when I get home later tonight.

On a side note, Have a look. Excuse the messiness of the cables. I plan to wall mount it soon and move my coffee table back where it belongs but in the meantime I wanted to play with my toys
LL
post #136 of 2137 Old 03-21-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusaderDave View Post

I had some time to compare the previous model with the new model as I had purchased both the new 47LM6700 model and the previous 47LW6500 model for $999 from different stores. Wasn't sure which one I was going to keep until I played around with them in my family room. Here is what I found out about the primary differences. I did not compare the wireless functunality of the TVs.

It is obvious that LG's engineers have improved the performance of two issues that were problematic with the older model, audio performance and input lag. The sound on the 6500 (same as 5600) was tinny and colored. The sound on the 6700 was more natural and balanced with more of a low end than what was capable on last year's model. This was accomplished by adding a larger encasement around the two rear speakers. If you are using your TV's audio, this may be a consideration in choosing between the two models. Although I have a nice surround system I usually only use it for movies, not when watching other programing. As an additional bonus, it appears that from other posts that LG has now included the ability to pass Dolby encoding through the audio output. The older models downcoded this into simple two channel stereo.

While I am not a gamer, my two kids are and that was also a consideration in which model to keep. I had my older son play some of his XBox 360 combat games which require quick responses and a TV with minimal input lag. It was quite obvious that the 6500/5600 model had issues with this even when in game mode and after disabling all video porcessing. The newer 6700 model showed no noticeable input lag when in game mode.

Even though the newer model has made improvements in the TV's audio and input lag the older model still had some advantages which may make it more appealing to some. For some reason the 6700 model does not allow the user to turn off or adjust Tru Motion while those capabilities were available on the 5600/6500 models. If you want this capability you will have to step up to the 7600 models. The funny thing is that I really did not notice the soap opera effect on the 6700. Additionally, sports action showed no motion blur or artifacts. Not sure what LG made the internal settings for Tru Motion on the 6700 with respect to Judder and Blur but they seem to have found a nice compromise for sports and movies. When I played with the 6500 models Tru Motion settings I noticed that when stepping up the Tru Motion to "high" I did notice the soap opera effect on movies. If you want the ability to fiddle with the Tru Motion settings then you will have to either buy the older 5600/6500 models or step up to the 7600. For me it was initially a big concern, but after watching various programming I found no real complaints on the 6700 model.

As has been stated by many others, the new models use a more reflective screen. While not as glossy as other manufacturers it does reflect more light than the matte screem employed on the older models. Ambient room light is not an issue but if your setup in your house has windows behind your viewing position or other source reflections then you may want to consider the matte screen. If most of your viewing comes in the evening or if you are able to cover the windows during the day when watching TV then this shouldn't be much a concern.

Both models have the same performance with respect to horizontal off-axis viewing, which is well below average for an LED TV. In an earlier post I had stated that the new model showed much better off axis image. After seeing both TVs in the same setting I can honestly say that they are equally bad. There is a noticeable dropoff in contrast and brightness when vewing from an angle greater than 30% off center, maybe even at 20%.

As for the so-called improvements in the 2D-3D conversion on the newer models, I can honestly say that I saw no difference at all. I would not suggest using the TVs for this capability as they end up providing some strange distorted images that could cause some nausea. On the other hand, the 3D image on both sets when watching actual 3D content was equally outstanding for both models.

Overall the pictures on both sets were equally appealing. The image that these LG sets produce are excellent. On axis or slight off axis images are in my opinion better than any other set in this price range.

In sumary....

6700 Pros
1. Much better natural sound from the TV
2. Significant improvement in input lag
3. Ability to pass Dolby encoding thru audio output

6700 Cons
1. More screen reflections than the matte screens used in older models
2. No ability to disabale or adjust Tru Motion settings

Excellent review - thanks for posting
post #137 of 2137 Old 03-22-2012, 04:51 AM

Liked: 12
Just found the first editorial review of 47LM6700 for those interested.

http://www.televisioninfo.com/conten...DTV-Review.htm
post #138 of 2137 Old 03-22-2012, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigationroad View Post

televisioninfo is usually pretty hard on LG because of the poor blacks (inherent to IPS). They must have been really impressed by its other qualities for it to get such a high score.
post #139 of 2137 Old 03-22-2012, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Benign View Post

televisioninfo is usually pretty hard on LG because of the poor blacks (inherent to IPS). They must have been really impressed by its other qualities for it to get such a high score.

Yes they give it a really positive review. They think the 3D picture is the best they have ever seen and give it their full endorsement.
post #140 of 2137 Old 03-22-2012, 07:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Just missed out on the buy dig.com bundle. Dang
post #141 of 2137 Old 03-22-2012, 08:26 AM

Although the video is one of the best, the reflection is a major inconvience. Maybe that is why they allow you to rotate the screen on the 7600. Also, the sound bar is really poor.
post #142 of 2137 Old 03-22-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigationroad View Post

very nice find...thats one of the 1st in-depth review ive seen. LG was taunting the 2012 models with "2nd generation" 3d, i thought that was just a gimmick till i read this review.

It seems like every 3d tv thread has the age old argument between passive vs active, and full 1080p(active) vs 540p(passive)...people get so worked up arguing back and forth on this half-resolution issue. So it was nice to read, as quoted from the review

..."LG's new circularly polarized images and Film Patterned Retarder (FPR) lenses combine to remove all of these disadvantages. There is no resolution loss, because pixels do not need to be cutout to make the angles for polarization, meaning you can watch 1080p 3D images. There is no flickering, and therefore no refresh rate loss. Due to the circular nature of the light waves, you can still see 3D images with your head off-angle (as a side note, the vertical angle is not very good. We recommend keeping your eye-level at the vertical center of the display)..."
post #143 of 2137 Old 03-22-2012, 09:05 AM

Could anyone say how is this TV when compared to the D7000 of samsung?
post #144 of 2137 Old 03-22-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop Parwani View Post

Could anyone say how is this TV when compared to the D7000 of samsung?

I just returned my 7600 and got the D8000 and picture is 100 times better, in my opinion that is
post #145 of 2137 Old 03-22-2012, 10:35 AM

The magic remote has a microphone in it for speech to text search.
post #146 of 2137 Old 03-22-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mack View Post

Just missed out on the buy dig.com bundle. Dang

Amazon has this TV for 1549.00 (with soundbar and family pack glasses) !!!
post #147 of 2137 Old 03-22-2012, 12:00 PM

Looked at the 47LM6700 at Best Buy today. I was disapointed to see LG went to a reflective screen. In my opinion last years model has a better picture.
post #148 of 2137 Old 03-22-2012, 12:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornedbronco View Post

Amazon has this TV for 1549.00 (with soundbar and family pack glasses) !!!

The buydig.com deal was $1,499 for the 55" with soundbar and bracket.

post #149 of 2137 Old 03-22-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mack View Post

The buydig.com deal was $1,499 for the 55" with soundbar and bracket.

Aww shucks ... I was posting about the LM7600 47inch TV ... sorry!
post #150 of 2137 Old 03-22-2012, 01:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornedbronco View Post

Aww shucks ... I was posting about the LM7600 47inch TV ... sorry!

Thanks though. Would have pulled trigger on that for the 55
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 47lm6700 47 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Tv , Lg Cinema Screen 55lm6700 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Displays
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page