Official LG 47LM6700/55LM6700 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - 2012 - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 2137 Old 03-25-2012, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I checked the display in local store and it has no bleeding. I will exchange mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 2137 Old 03-25-2012, 11:01 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro23 View Post

rx, I purchased the 7600 and have similar flashlight/clouding on that set that was not present in the display. I posted my pic on the 7600 thread.

may just return it. I didnt know if this issue varies from set to set. Could the burn-in time from the display sets have eliminated this issue?

these are the first build lots from these sets so maybe some issues to work through

It's possible that after burn-in time this issue gets better. In the Panasonic DT50 review they write that there were flashlights on 60% of the screen which was gone then.

P *a *n *a *s *o *n *i *c ** S *T *W *5 *0
post #183 of 2137 Old 03-26-2012, 08:48 AM

I've had my TV for 3 weeks now, and the light bleed only appears when the screen initially powers on. It is practically gone after the unit has been powered on for awhile. It's not really a big deal and from what I have observed it doesn't appear to affect PQ. Hopefully, the problem doesn't get worse.

Also, what I just discovered is the TruMotion setting on this unit cannot be adjusted. Apparently, this setting is available on the LM7600 and owners have confirmed it. I contacted LG and they had no clue on the specs on the models because it was too new. I'm hoping this can be resolved with a FW update, otherwise I might be upgrading.
post #184 of 2137 Old 03-26-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpoama View Post

Since it couldn't see mkv's which is what I have most of my movies in, I tried the medialink program on the TV which connects to Plex server software that you install on your computer. The medialink program is really nice and it gives you a 10 foot interface sort of like XBMC. I was able to stream 1080p movies with Plex over wifi with no issues.

A few Media Link questions:
  • Do you know if the interface changed compared to 2011?
  • Does it support myPlex?
  • Does it support DTS?

Quote:

I also tried to use "Play To" in windows media player, and it showed the file being sent to the TV but it would never play.

Play To only works for avi files on my ST600 (maybe mp4 and wmv but I don't have any).
post #185 of 2137 Old 03-26-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx100 View Post

I bought 55lm6700 from local store today. I noticed lots of backlight bleeding / clouding (see pics). I am coming from plasma world, so not sure how much bleeding is ok. Please let me know if it is normal.

The light bleeding is fairly common. I have the 47 inch 6700 model and have the same issue with some bleed from the lower left and upper right corners. It is somewhat bothersome during a black screen or even a black screen with centered text (as occurs sometimes at the end of commercials), but does not affect the picture otherwise.
post #186 of 2137 Old 03-26-2012, 02:42 PM

I just ordered the 7600, now I need to buy some necessary cables. Can someone describe how the power cord connects? The only picture I can find shows a non-removable power cord. Can someone confirm that's the case or if it's the standard PC removable power cord? Also, if it's non-removable, how long is it? Thanks
post #187 of 2137 Old 03-26-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx100 View Post

I bought 55lm6700 from local store today. I noticed lots of backlight bleeding / clouding (see pics). I am coming from plasma world, so not sure how much bleeding is ok. Please let me know if it is normal.

Is local dimming on?
post #188 of 2137 Old 03-26-2012, 05:15 PM

I know this tv uses a glossy screen but how bad is the glare if i were to put it in a room with a opposite facing large window with vertical blinds? is the picture quality bright enough to not notice it or can i just tilt the tv down 10 degrees to fix the glare issue. I've been trying to find a deal on the 55lw5600 but they have been discontinued; but when i do find one, they want 1499.99 for it.

the window is about 40 inch tall and 60 long.

unless you guys can recommend me a good 55' smart tv with matte screen.
post #189 of 2137 Old 03-26-2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckHT View Post

A few Media Link questions:
  • Do you know if the interface changed compared to 2011?
  • Does it support myPlex?
  • Does it support DTS?

I can't answer the first two questions, but I tried playing two files with DTS and they both played just fine.
post #190 of 2137 Old 03-27-2012, 08:56 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Well, after going thru 4 different Samsung TVs, all with major defects, I'm picking up the 47" 6700 tonight at BestBuy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

J.Mike
Those who die with the most toys ... are still dead!
post #191 of 2137 Old 03-28-2012, 10:30 AM

the 55lm6700 is at adorama $1499 and the 47lm6200 is $1099 add to cart to see final price
post #192 of 2137 Old 03-28-2012, 01:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackmaster1 View Post

the 55lm6700 is at adorama $1499 and the 47lm6200 is $1099

I see 2099 for the 55lm6700 at adorama...

http://www.adorama.com/LOT55LM6700.html
post #193 of 2137 Old 03-28-2012, 02:42 PM

final price at check out
post #194 of 2137 Old 03-28-2012, 03:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackmaster1 View Post

final price at check out

Ah, cheers
post #195 of 2137 Old 03-28-2012, 04:09 PM

Thanks CrusaderDave, havent been online in awhile..
Great review..
Thanks again
post #196 of 2137 Old 03-28-2012, 07:51 PM

post #197 of 2137 Old 03-29-2012, 02:39 AM

The Televisioninfo.com review didn't mentione the Local Dimming feature.
Is this good? From last year we saw light rectangles on parts of the screen where a bright object is located.

P *a *n *a *s *o *n *i *c ** S *T *W *5 *0
post #198 of 2137 Old 03-29-2012, 06:13 AM

adorama as the 47lm7600 $1799

47LM7600 47" Class Full HD 1080p LED LCD Cinema 3D Smart TV,_- Bundle with LG NB3520A Sound Bar Audio System, & LG AG-F216 Cinema 3D Glasses, Family Pack, 6 Pairs, includes a total of 12 pair of glasses

amazon as the 47lm6700 $1379

LG 47LM6700 47" 1080p LED Cinema 3D Smart TV, - 6 Pairs 3D Glasses Bundle - with LG NB3520A Sound Bar
post #199 of 2137 Old 03-29-2012, 06:50 AM

I recieved my 55LM6700 on Tuesday and just thought I'd add my comments.

- The TV itself looks stunning. The brushed aluminum frame is a fingerprint magnet however.
- PQ is great (using the TelevsionInfo settings)
- No bleeding or flashlighting
- The screen is glossy, but turning the backlight to 100 helps alot in my bright room. The positive from the glossy screen is the contrast/black levels are very good for night time viewing.
- Magic remote is actually easy and intuitive to use. It makes switching apps alot easier.

Questions
- Has anyone experienced Netflix streaming issues? I get random flashes of scrambled picture every 5-10mins. I'm fairly new to Netflix, but I never experienced this using my Panny 220 Blu-ray player. Both are hardwired to my router.
- Has anyone who recieved the package deal soundbar figured out how to control the soundbar volume with the Magic remote? It uses an optical output so ARC/CEC wont work. Can the Magic remote "learn" the commands?
post #200 of 2137 Old 03-30-2012, 05:43 AM

I know a lot of you guys got the bundle with this set with the LG NB-3520a soundbar. How does this thing sound? It sounded pretty good in bestbuy and that's a wide open space, but what was sound quality in a normal somewhat enclosed room?
post #201 of 2137 Old 03-30-2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elykoj View Post

I know a lot of you guys got the bundle with this set with the LG NB-3520a soundbar. How does this thing sound? It sounded pretty good in bestbuy and that's a wide open space, but what was sound quality in a normal somewhat enclosed room?

For a soundbar, it's pretty good .... by no means its a substitute for a good home theater. I watched IMAX Under The Sea yesterday and the sound produced by the bar was awesome!
post #202 of 2137 Old 03-30-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joed32 View Post

depends on how often you watch a black screen with all of the lights out.

lol
post #203 of 2137 Old 03-30-2012, 10:16 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
My experience so far with the 47" LM6700 :
Note: keep in mind that this is a 5th replacement for 4 defective Samsung panels.

1) The build quality seems to be superior to what I saw with Samsung. The LG has a metal band around the panel that prevents flexing. The Samsung, OTOH, seemed flimsy.
2) Even the shipping container is better - there are hard plastic covers on the R/L edges. They are handy for removing the panel from the shipping box, and moving the panel around. No finger prints on the panel.
3) After a few days of watching various program material, the LG's picture is better than the Samsung regarding these parameters:

a) The Rec.709 color tracking is just about perfect out of the box. Skin tones are very natural. The Samsung tended towards yellow in highlighted areas of the face - not so with the LG.

b) The picture is very dynamic, and with a good source, is very film-like with depth. The Samsung was much flatter.

c) Apparent resolution/detail is equal to the Samsung

d) Picture uniformity is superior to Samsung in every way. Very little vertical banding, no apparent horizontal banding, no hot spotting, minimal flashlighting that never shows up in program material.

e) Off axis viewing is superior to the Samsung

4) The one area that Samsung beats the LG is absolute black levels. This is well documented in the linked reviews in this thread. I'm very picky about black levels, and I do notice a difference in absolute black compared to the Samsung, but frankly, it is not an issue with any source I've watched, and careful adjustment of picture parameters can control this to my satisfaction.
5) The UI is - well, interesting. The 'wand' is a bit of a challenge for me, I'm not a gamer LOLZ. Also, when dialing in picture parameters, there is too much menu on the screen. The Samsung is superior to the LG in this regard, but since it's not used every day, no big deal.
6) There is no obvious menu control for MotionFlow, this seems like a potential problem and inexcusable for a TV in this cost range. I hope a SW fix is coming soon. That said, the default setting out of the box seems to work fine for all source that I've watched so far.
7) Don't really care about the 3D capabilities, although current reviews state it's the best in class. I'll check it out this weekend

I attemped to begin the calibration process this AM:
1) I lowered the Backlight to 70. This seems to be the sweet spot - ample brightness with very little flashlighting.
2) I also set the Contrast to 70, and I see all IRE steps.
3) I set Brightness to 50. Good black levels without crush.
4) With the screen set to 1-1 pixel mapping, the sharpness for both V/H is set to 0, no need for it.
5) Color is set to 50, tint to 0
6) All other parameters are set to Off at this time. This weekend, I'll play around to see if any of them improve the picture. I doubt it, since I'm a minimalist when it comes to video.

I'd love to hear from other owners. This is definately a keeper.

J.Mike
Those who die with the most toys ... are still dead!
post #204 of 2137 Old 03-30-2012, 09:39 PM

I am buying this soundbar but I returned my 7600 and bought the Samsung D8000. What is the best way to hook this up as far as cables and what not? I have the tv, DVR cable box, and a Bluray player. Thanks guys
post #205 of 2137 Old 03-31-2012, 03:03 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusaderDave View Post

I had some time to compare the previous model with the new model as I had purchased both the new 47LM6700 model and the previous 47LW6500 model for $999 from different stores. Wasn't sure which one I was going to keep until I played around with them in my family room. Here is what I found out about the primary differences. I did not compare the wireless functunality of the TVs.

It is obvious that LG's engineers have improved the performance of two issues that were problematic with the older model, audio performance and input lag. The sound on the 6500 (same as 5600) was tinny and colored. The sound on the 6700 was more natural and balanced with more of a low end than what was capable on last year's model. This was accomplished by adding a larger encasement around the two rear speakers. If you are using your TV's audio, this may be a consideration in choosing between the two models. Although I have a nice surround system I usually only use it for movies, not when watching other programing. As an additional bonus, it appears that from other posts that LG has now included the ability to pass Dolby encoding through the audio output. The older models downcoded this into simple two channel stereo.

While I am not a gamer, my two kids are and that was also a consideration in which model to keep. I had my older son play some of his XBox 360 combat games which require quick responses and a TV with minimal input lag. It was quite obvious that the 6500/5600 model had issues with this even when in game mode and after disabling all video porcessing. The newer 6700 model showed no noticeable input lag when in game mode.

Even though the newer model has made improvements in the TV's audio and input lag the older model still had some advantages which may make it more appealing to some. For some reason the 6700 model does not allow the user to turn off or adjust Tru Motion while those capabilities were available on the 5600/6500 models. If you want this capability you will have to step up to the 7600 models. The funny thing is that I really did not notice the soap opera effect on the 6700. Additionally, sports action showed no motion blur or artifacts. Not sure what LG made the internal settings for Tru Motion on the 6700 with respect to Judder and Blur but they seem to have found a nice compromise for sports and movies. When I played with the 6500 models Tru Motion settings I noticed that when stepping up the Tru Motion to "high" I did notice the soap opera effect on movies. If you want the ability to fiddle with the Tru Motion settings then you will have to either buy the older 5600/6500 models or step up to the 7600. For me it was initially a big concern, but after watching various programming I found no real complaints on the 6700 model.

As has been stated by many others, the new models use a more reflective screen. While not as glossy as other manufacturers it does reflect more light than the matte screem employed on the older models. Ambient room light is not an issue but if your setup in your house has windows behind your viewing position or other source reflections then you may want to consider the matte screen. If most of your viewing comes in the evening or if you are able to cover the windows during the day when watching TV then this shouldn't be much a concern.

Both models have the same performance with respect to horizontal off-axis viewing, which is well below average for an LED TV. In an earlier post I had stated that the new model showed much better off axis image. After seeing both TVs in the same setting I can honestly say that they are equally bad. There is a noticeable dropoff in contrast and brightness when vewing from an angle greater than 30% off center, maybe even at 20%.

As for the so-called improvements in the 2D-3D conversion on the newer models, I can honestly say that I saw no difference at all. I would not suggest using the TVs for this capability as they end up providing some strange distorted images that could cause some nausea. On the other hand, the 3D image on both sets when watching actual 3D content was equally outstanding for both models.

Overall the pictures on both sets were equally appealing. The image that these LG sets produce are excellent. On axis or slight off axis images are in my opinion better than any other set in this price range.

In sumary....

6700 Pros
1. Much better natural sound from the TV
2. Significant improvement in input lag
3. Ability to pass Dolby encoding thru audio output

6700 Cons
1. More screen reflections than the matte screens used in older models
2. No ability to disabale or adjust Tru Motion settings

here in australia my lg55w6500 had both dolby 5.1 passthrough and dvr "time machine function enabled by default only thx modes were off in service menu,obviously lg must set these tv's up differently in the asia pacific region anyone else have any thoughts on this????
post #206 of 2137 Old 04-01-2012, 04:51 AM

If anyone is interested Fry's has deals on the 47" LM6700 and the 55" LM6200.

http://www.frys.com/ads/page2
post #207 of 2137 Old 04-01-2012, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgmun5000 View Post

If anyone is interested Fry's has deals on the 47" LM6700 and the 55" LM6200.

http://www.frys.com/ads/page2

thats not the 47lm6700 they are selling for $899 its the 47lw5600, which almost all Frys are out of anyways
post #208 of 2137 Old 04-01-2012, 07:29 AM

The posters on slickdeals have called the stores and have been given the $899 price for the LM6700. One poster claims to have bought it already for that price.
post #209 of 2137 Old 04-01-2012, 08:15 AM

Anyone know the flash player version built into these 2012 sets?

Thanks
post #210 of 2137 Old 04-01-2012, 09:00 AM

Another question, I have a wall mount already at home, will this thinner TV work with my preexisting mount?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 47lm6700 47 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Tv , Lg Cinema Screen 55lm6700 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Displays
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page