AVS Forum banner
562K views 2K replies 434 participants last post by  TimothyB 
#1 ·

Looks like J&R has the 47" and 55" in stock. I am getting the old 47lw5600 delivered from Amazon today, and will stop by J&R on my way to work tomorrow morning to compare and see if it is worth the price difference.

EDIT:So far Im not too impressed to return my 47LW5600 for this model. The sales person said they only come with a magic remote, no regular remote (which seems odd). The magic remote had a scroll wheel on it and a few extra buttons, I only had about 3 minutes to play with it. The smart TV function definitely felt smoother and everything seemed to load faster than the LW5600. I noticed a few new features like the dual view in the menu. Nothing else stood out from memory.

The buttons on the TV were hard to find, physical buttons hiding in the rear.

See less See more
1 2
#780 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerDave1 /forum/post/22071422

yes but there is some disadvantages to plasma like power consumption, IR ,break in period, brightness, i use mine as pc monitor and lots of gaming and not worried about IR

power consumption yes, but i've never had permanent IR, never did a break in period, and never had a brightness problem.

for the 6700, i guess i got lucky, because don't have any hardcore flashlighting problems, but the update for trumotion needs to come out soon.

the only reason why kept this tv, is because i got it for 799, and the 3d is better than the 3d on my plasma. 2d is good, but not as good as my plasma.

#781 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalDistortion /forum/post/22071773

power consumption yes, but i've never had permanent IR, never did a break in period, and never had a brightness problem.

for the 6700, i guess i got lucky, because don't have any hardcore flashlighting problems, but the update for trumotion needs to come out soon.

the only reason why kept this tv, is because i got it for 799, and the 3d is better than the 3d on my plasma. 2d is good, but not as good as my plasma.

LG really needs that update! That's the only issue I have with mine, a few days after getting it I did the software update for my model and it made the trumotion automatically on throughout every picture mode except "game" mode. A rep from LG said they are aware of the issue and when the led update to add trumotion comes out, that will have an update also to fix the plasmas so we can finally turn it off. Ridiculous.

#782 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by travbedaman /forum/post/22071950

LG really needs that update! That's the only issue I have with mine, a few days after getting it I did the software update for my model and it made the trumotion automatically on throughout every picture mode except "game" mode. A rep from LG said they are aware of the issue and when the led update to add trumotion comes out, that will have an update also to fix the plasmas so we can finally turn it off. Ridiculous.

i hope the option not only allows us to turn it on/off, but i hope it has settings, such as low, medium, and high.

#786 ·
I purchased the 47LM6700 from amazon about 3 weeks ago and played with it for about 2 weeks. The set got returned due to bad picture quality when watching HD Sports, Washed out picture and the epic fail with the TruMotion Cinesmooth feature. This was my first LED 3D tv and the price point + features got me. Right now, I'm seeing the 240hz version on Amazon for 1,049 - 47LM7600 -

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...thriftyshim-20 .

Replaced my LG with a Samsung PN51E550 3D 600hz plasma, sports look much better. Blu-Rays are amazing on this set.

#787 ·
Just so everyone knows. The "120hz" version is really only 60hz, while the "240hz" TVs are only 120hz. I don't know how they get away with advertizing the fake 120hz but it pisses me off a little that they would do that. This TV is nowhere near as smooth as my parent's Sony Bravia true 120hz.

Does everyone else experience "double images" when watching any panning scenes? Is there something I have set wrong?

#788 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbigg21 /forum/post/22061884

alright everyone I told you that I would follow up after LG sent techs out to try to fix my tv from shutting itself down and then booting back up. they came out and replace the power supply and also the area where the HDMI's go into. this was on tuesday and the tv was working great for tuesday and weds. now today i was watching it with my daughter and it did the same thing again. i called up LG tonight and all they would tell me to do it contact the repair service people locally and have them come back out. now i'm really frustrated and almost mad about this b/c I have already taken 2 day's off work to get this taken care of. when i asked what other options i have they told me i could call back tomorrow and talk to someone else. call back tomorrow? why should i need to do that. let me talk to a supervisor right now so we can get this done. they tell me that there are no supervisors there after 5pm. now that just blows my mind. has anyone else had poor customer service from LG? what do you think I should do?

hey thanks for the heads up. I was thinking about giving them a call but since you said they can't fix it, I might have to look for a different way

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoneill /forum/post/22065733

This just happened for the third time this week to me. I have had the set for two months so no chance of return. I will be in contact with LG and post the results. I have really enjoyed this TV but am very concerned after hearing your experience.

I'm in the same boat, well kinda. I bought the tv from a local store that does not have a return policy

Just thinking out loud, for the guys that have the reboot issues, do you guys think it might be caused by overheating or something? I know some computers would shut themselves off when they're overheating, since the tv has a processor and ram and stuff maybe it's doing the same thing?

I'm not at home right now so I can't check this but I'm thinking the vents are on the back, right? And most of us would have the tv sitting very close to the wall if not directly mounted to it. And summer is just starting so I guess it's safe to assume that some of us still has the AC turned off and maybe only relying on cooling from open windows or fans? This seems like a possible way to get the tv to overheat.

I have mine sitting close to the wall and my AC is off, windows are closed and only running a ceiling fan so the temp in my living room is kinda high. Anyone else have the same setting maybe?

I'll play around with maybe setting a small fan beside the tv and see if this helps. Let us know too if anyone decides to try this as well.

#789 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmovies /forum/post/22075951

Just thinking out loud, for the guys that have the reboot issues, do you guys think it might be caused by overheating or something? I know some computers would shut themselves off when they're overheating, since the tv has a processor and ram and stuff maybe it's doing the same thing?

I'm not at home right now so I can't check this but I'm thinking the vents are on the back, right? And most of us would have the tv sitting very close to the wall if not directly mounted to it. And summer is just starting so I guess it's safe to assume that some of us still has the AC turned off and maybe only relying on cooling from open windows or fans? This seems like a possible way to get the tv to overheat.

I doubt it, mine is on a stand that puts it at least a foot away from the wall and it's happened with the AC on at 74 degrees. It's in the warmest part of my apartment, but it's not that warm. Also, it happens within a couple hours while using my PS3, but took much longer than that with my Xbox. In fact, I had thought it didn't happen with the Xbox at all until yesterday when it was on for a lot longer than it has been recently.

I've only got a few days left on my 30 days and I think I may return it and try for a 7600, especially since Paul's has them for the same price I paid for this.

#792 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaethos /forum/post/22076197

Also, it happens within a couple hours while using my PS3, but took much longer than that with my Xbox. In fact, I had thought it didn't happen with the Xbox at all until yesterday when it was on for a lot longer than it has been recently.

funny that you mentioned that, mine happens more often on the PS3 than on the XBOX too

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbigg21 /forum/post/22076432

well got my replacement today. hopefully i don't have the reboot problem or a lot of flash lighting. if i do i will probably be going to look at replacing it with something else.

yeah hopefully the majority of units do not have this. I don't have a return policy on mine, I'll have to argue with either the store or LG but I'm thinking the best I could get is a replacement and not a full refund

#793 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmovies /forum/post/22076864

funny that you mentioned that, mine happens more often on the PS3 than on the XBOX too

yeah hopefully the majority of units do not have this. I don't have a return policy on mine, I'll have to argue with either the store or LG but I'm thinking the best I could get is a replacement and not a full refund

yeah i am hoping i can get a refund through Amazon on this if it does have issues. i'm going to have my wife help me get it all set up this evening.

i got the first one back in March and I kept jumping through hoops and Amazon finally jumped up and helped out. Since I was past the 30 day return I hope I can still get a refund with this replacement since it was a new order number and all.

#794 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by xamindar /forum/post/22075923

Just so everyone knows. The "120hz" version is really only 60hz, while the "240hz" TVs are only 120hz. I don't know how they get away with advertizing the fake 120hz but it pisses me off a little that they would do that. This TV is nowhere near as smooth as my parent's Sony Bravia true 120hz.

Does everyone else experience "double images" when watching any panning scenes? Is there something I have set wrong?

most tvs are like that, because there arent really any true 120hz sources. your parents sony is probably smoother because the motion smoothing is set on high.

#796 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaethos /forum/post/22076197

I doubt it, mine is on a stand that puts it at least a foot away from the wall and it's happened with the AC on at 74 degrees. It's in the warmest part of my apartment, but it's not that warm. Also, it happens within a couple hours while using my PS3, but took much longer than that with my Xbox. In fact, I had thought it didn't happen with the Xbox at all until yesterday when it was on for a lot longer than it has been recently.

I've only got a few days left on my 30 days and I think I may return it and try for a 7600, especially since Paul's has them for the same price I paid for this.

Don't bother with the 7600. I am on my 3rd replacement because of flashlighting and lightbleed and 2 of them (including my current set) are rebooting/restarting. About every 2 1/2 hrs. Regardless if I am using my ps3 Xbox or watching directv, it happens. I am on the verge of getting a different brand. Hate that I have to because I have loved LG up to this point and really want a passive 3d set.

#797 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfin3591 /forum/post/22079258

Don't bother with the 7600. I am on my 3rd replacement because of flashlighting and lightbleed and 2 of them (including my current set) are rebooting/restarting. About every 2 1/2 hrs. Regardless if I am using my ps3 Xbox or watching directv, it happens. I am on the verge of getting a different brand. Hate that I have to because I have loved LG up to this point and really want a passive 3d set.

wow your on your 3rd set? have you been having the same issues on all three of them? what tv you going to switch over to?

#798 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbigg21 /forum/post/22079546

wow your on your 3rd set? have you been having the same issues on all three of them? what tv you going to switch over to?

I got 3 from Amazon in a week, and they are all enroute back.

All with severe flashlighting issues, the replacements were all worse than my original set.

I am moving to a the Panasonic PST50 Plasma set - that is RAVED about both here and on cnet.

#799 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlockhart /forum/post/22080034

I got 3 from Amazon in a week, and they are all enroute back.

All with severe flashlighting issues, the replacements were all worse than my original set.

I am moving to a the Panasonic PST50 Plasma set - that is RAVED about both here and on cnet.

yeah i was thinking about getting that one or a Samsung Plasma.

#800 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbigg21 /forum/post/22079546

I am looking into the Samsung ES6580 or ES7100. They are priced higher than my LG was so I am debating if I sacrifice the 240hz and get the lower of the two models. I haven't seen any reviews on these yet since they are so new so that worries me a bit too. I am really torn at this point....

#801 ·
I just got off the phone with LG customer support and I'm completely pissed off. They told me this exactly "We are sorry to inform you that your model (47lm6700) does not have the tru motion feature and there are no plans to implement it" . This is complete BS, having called last month I was told their so called engineers are working on the issue and I am now out of the return window from where I bought the TV. Sorry does not cut it, he said supposedly a supervisor will give me a call back which I highly doubt. If there is no update by next week or a call I will be raising hell. I didn't buy a 120hz tv to get a 60hz tv and an apology.

#802 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHoncho101 /forum/post/22080858

I just got off the phone with LG customer support and I'm completely pissed off. They told me this exactly "We are sorry to inform you that your model (47lm6700) does not have the tru motion feature and there are no plans to implement it" . This is complete BS, having called last month I was told their so called engineers are working on the issue and I am now out of the return window from where I bought the TV. Sorry does not cut it, he said supposedly a supervisor will give me a call back which I highly doubt. If there is no update by next week or a call I will be raising hell. I didn't buy a 120hz tv to get a 60hz tv and an apology.

yeah i have dealing with nothing but issues from this tv from the get go. my brother has a Samsung LCD tv that is 3-4 yrs old that looks better than this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.