LG CS560/570 series (2012 models) - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 222 Old 03-24-2012, 02:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just got a 37cs560 and the fourth letter in product code is a Y did loop test and its a IPS panel. Not too happy about the only having three inputs on it and loosing some of the picture settings. Also owned a 37lk450 (returned because of flash lighting) and have to say at first I thought the performance was equal to the lk but after watching basketball some hockey and motocross there is juddering or shuttering what ever its called. When the camera follows the players. It like small jumps in the picture. I've tried both SD and HD channels with the same result. Don't see it with xbox games. Never noticed it with the lk. I also have a sammy ln37d550 sitting right beet to the cs560 so I hooked up the cable to it and watched the same games and didn't see any problems. So this really helps me make up my mind on what set to keep. I sure don't what one with shuttering issues. Btw I don't have a cable box just straight from the wall to tv.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 222 Old 03-25-2012, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsolete1202 View Post

after watching basketball some hockey and motocross there is juddering or shuttering what ever its called. When the camera follows the players.

I've also noticed a lot of judder in SD DVDs (480) and another user confirmed the judder and jitter in 480 as well as 1080p and 720p. This set is definitely going back as the judder stood out after I started looking at various DVD playback once I tore myself away from using it as a monitor. I could look past the reduction in video inputs and I was dealing with the loss of the TV menu options but the judder/jitter is unbearable in SD DVDs (480) so I have little hope for other content. I guess LG just didn't have a "three-peat" in them which really sucks.

*edit*

In Peter Jackson's King Kong, Chapter/Scene 11 "Bruce Settles in", the judder/jitter can be see for all it's worth especially since it's on the window and the posters which are exactly what the camera focuses on. Even with "Film Mode" on, it's intolerable on the 32CS560.
post #63 of 222 Old 03-25-2012, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

ha, everyone really did a 180 in this thread. first everyone was excited about the sets and now everyone thinks they suck. i'll be keeping mine, but i do think LG cut down way too far on the features. i especially don't understand cutting the color filters out considering that the blue filter is still used in the picture wizard. maybe it has something to do with their pushing of LEDs and even OLED sets now, and they're treating the CCFL sets as lower tier models?

i have noticed a little bit of juddering while watching a couple blu rays, but only every now and then, and mostly while the screen is panning. maybe this is an issue they can fix with a firmware update?

and after adjusting i don't feel any real lag while playing FPS with the wiimote anymore. either i got used to it or the size of the screen was just playing tricks on me. i'm pretty happy with it as a gaming tv overall and aside from the judder it looks great for blu rays.
post #64 of 222 Old 03-25-2012, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Do the 2012 CS560/CS570 have any advantages over the 2011 LK450/LK520? Or are they worse in every way?
post #65 of 222 Old 03-25-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romulux View Post

ha, everyone really did a 180 in this thread. first maybe it has something to do with their pushing of LEDs and even OLED sets now, and they're treating the CCFL sets as lower tier models?

and mostly while the screen is panning. maybe this is an issue they can fix with a firmware update?

I should have waited till more people picked one up but given the raging success of the LD450 and LK450 I thought it was a safe bet. It's entirely possible CCFL has become the bottom rung for LG but there is no way to tell. I also thought about waiting for a firmware fix but there is no way to know for sure if that will ever happen.

As far as I can tell, the judder/jitter is a result of the processing and how it interacts with contrast. You can eliminate a lot of it if you drop your contrast to 20 or lower but, that's just not an acceptable solution as it makes it look dim/dingy/dirty as if a film of dust/fog is coating the screen. The 32CS560 just can not handle camera panning in movies.

*edit* Dropping the contrast that low also means you need to set the Gamma to high which kills the "lighting" of the image even further.

It's pretty disheartening that it does so "well" with games and stumbles on movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

Do the 2012 CS560/CS570 have any advantages over the 2011 LK450/LK520? Or are they worse in every way?

I have only seen the LK450 on display but, going by what I have read I would have to say the CS560 is worse. There is a possibility that the CS560 handles motion in games better than a LD450 according to an earlier review. The judder/jitter just kills it for me though. I have no desire to keep a display that essentially rapidly "ghosts" an image to the left and to the right (if the camera is panning left or right) or up and down (if the camera is panning up or down) in a movie. It almost looks like a very rapid out of focus "flicker" and for me, it is beyond distracting.
post #66 of 222 Old 03-25-2012, 03:14 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:

Do the 2012 CS560/CS570 have any advantages over the 2011 LK450/LK520?

Maybe price wise. 32 and 37 inch CS560 models seem to be priced $100 cheaper than their respective LK450 counterpart a year ago.
post #67 of 222 Old 03-25-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_D View Post

Maybe price wise. 32 and 37 inch CS560 models seem to be priced $100 cheaper than their respective LK450 counterpart a year ago.

Initially I wondered why it was so much cheaper at launch especially given the S-IPS panel. It's not really a mystery to me anymore though lol.
post #68 of 222 Old 03-25-2012, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
So what am I missin out on buying this tv instead of last years model. You guys are making me want to return my new one and get last years model that's on sale at bb.
post #69 of 222 Old 03-25-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdsnapBryan View Post

So what am I missin out on buying this tv instead of last years model. You guys are making me want to return my new one and get last years model that's on sale at bb.

Your losing options in the TV menu and the most notable ones are 10 piont IRE calibration and the colour filters. Those are only relevant if you are going to do an actual calibration though but the 10 point IRE is crucial for getting a correct greyscale (provided it's actually incorrect). I think most people usually keep the other options that were removed off.

In addition to that, it looks like you are going to get judder/jitter when you watch any movie that is in 24fps and the camera is panning.

That's going by 3/4 reviews. Romulux is keeping his, rthefley is on the fence, obsolete1202 is returning his and keeping the Samsung, and I'm returning mine. The 32CS560 is off to a really bad start.

However, none of that means anything if you don't notice anything wrong or it doesn't bother you if you do. Everyone is going to have a slightly different experience with any TV.

The LK450s are on "clearance" though so keep that in mind as it is a discontinued model. I'm hesitant to try and get one as I have no desire to wind up with a CS560 replacement should something go horribly wrong with a LK450 and they are unable to replace the parts due to sourcing issues. That may be an outlandish fear but it's a concern that I do actually have.
post #70 of 222 Old 03-25-2012, 03:53 PM

Yea I'm pretty OCD about having a correct calibration. And I will be playing a ton of movies straight from my PC.
post #71 of 222 Old 03-25-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_J View Post

Initially I wondered why it was so much cheaper at launch especially given the S-IPS panel. It's not really a mystery to me anymore though lol.

Me too just thought lg wanted to keep outselling the competition. But not the case at all. Probably better off buying a Insigna that has an IPS panel made by lg. Not sure what models have an IPS panel but do loop test at store to find out. Im happy with my ln37d550 with a A-MVA panel. Amazon has them for 499. Just my opinion.
post #72 of 222 Old 03-25-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:

Yea I'm pretty OCD about having a correct calibration. And I will be playing a ton of movies straight from my PC.

Movies were even worse on the PC but, I left that out because right now I am on an incredibly dated system while I wait for my motherboard to come back from an RMA. The hardware is obviously crippling playback which is why I have only mentioned movies in the DVD players. Given that you can not use "Film Mode" on the DVI>HDMI signal though as it doesn't "see" that it's 24fps, there will be a nasty surprise waiting as the panning is even more atrocious with that turned off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsolete1202 View Post

Me too just thought lg wanted to keep outselling the competition. But not the case at all. Probably better off buying a Insigna that has an IPS panel made by lg. Not sure what models have an IPS panel but do loop test at store to find out. Im happy with my ln37d550 with a A-MVA panel. Amazon has them for 499. Just my opinion.

Yea I had initially thought that as well. I truly hoped it was a marketing ploy like the alleged fact the CS560 line was going to be IPS only. Well, it was a marketing ploy but just the wrong kind.

The LND550 is far out of my price tier though and the 32" version will not pass 4:4:4 unless you crush the blacks. It was never confirmed if that was due to a hardware lottery or not. There was a lot of back and forth about if it was actually passing 4:4:4 or if it was just super, super, super close with just a hint of subpixel activation. Regardless though, the 32 is still out of my price tier as well.

My eye's are able to see the pixels on dispalys 32" and larger so it shouldn't be to hard to spot an IPS in the store. I love the black levels on A-MVA and the way that it handles vertical viewing angle shifts but this IPS has spoiled me on the lack of a "viewing cone". IPS does have the "bar" though on vertical viewing angle shifts. It will be a tough call on which one I go after as the IPS revealed just how much brighter the gamma is on a MVA panel on things outside of the "viewing cone". At the same time though, the IPS ate up any of the details in the black levels that would typically be outside of the "viewing cone" when you made a vertical viewing angle shift or sat off center from the screen which gave me flashbacks of a TN panel and an inability to hold the contrast ratio and gamma. A-MVA, S-PVA, and IPS all have considerable strengths and weakness against one another and I'm not sure there is a clear cut winner even after having owned all three panels.
post #73 of 222 Old 03-25-2012, 05:08 PM

Just got a reply from LG about the missing menu options. I had sent the question prior to discovering the judder/jitter.

Here is what I sent:

Quote:

The type of inquiry : Specification
Product/Model No. : LCD TV ( 33" Under )/32CS560

I recently purchased the LG 32CS560. After getting it home and hooking it up, I noticed that several of the options that were in the 32LK450 had been removed. In addition to that, the sticker on the display model and the sticker on my unit advertise the 32CS560 as having "TruMotion 60Hz" yet this is nowhere to be found in the TV's menu. It seems rather unfair to label something as "ISF Ready" when so many of the ISF calibration options have been removed when compared to the previous model. e.g. The 10 point IRE calibration settings were removed. Can you clarify why the TV is advertised as having "TruMotion 60Hz" when it apparently doesn't and, why the TV Menu settings in the included attachment have been removed?

Here is what they had to say:

Quote:

Thank you for contacting LG Email Support. I'm glad to hear from you as our valued customer.

As with any business, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer, and it is our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer. LG Electronics constantly strives for ways to improve overall customer experiences. It is only through communicating with our customers, that we can offer innovative, high-quality products with the exceptional customer service you deserve. Regarding your concern, I will be documenting it and will be sending this information to our engineering department for review

In other words, I didn't get an answer to a pretty detailed question. I'm going to ask about the judder/jitter issue but, I will likely get the same response back.

here is my reply to their reply:

Quote:

I recently sent a question regarding the removal of so many of the options in the TV menu for the 32CS560 compared to the 32LK450 but, the answer I received wasn't satisfactory. While I can appreciate forwarding what I said to the engineering department and documenting it, it failed to answer why these changes were made. In addition to those changes, there was also a change to how the 32CS560 processes DVDs that use 24fps. I was unaware of this when I sent in my intial question as I had not started going through a gauntlet of DVD tests yet. As a result of the change in processing, there is now a judder/jitter/stutter every time the camera pans either up, down, left, or right. It is absolutely unbearable and turning on "Film Mode" does nothing to stop it. "Film Mode" does however stop it from being zig zagged. The only way to reduce the judder/jitter/stutter is to turn the contrast setting down to 20 or less which is unacceptable as it makes the image dim/dingy/dirty as if there is a film of dirt/fog on the screen. Even with the contrast setting at 0, you can still see some of the judder/jitter/stutter. The sharpness settings had no effect on this issue but the "Edge Enhancer" made it worse. This is an issue with the 32CS560 and not the DVD player or the DVD as it has been seen on multiple DVD players (1080p/1080i/720p/480p) with multiple DVDs (1080p and 480i) and it doesn't happen on other TVs. This is was a step in the wrong direction with quality when compared to both the 32LD450 and the 32LK450 as I have read for several months how incredible both of those models were. I was fully anticipating and expecting the 32CS560 to continue their "legacy" but, it is not capable of doing so and this leaves me incredibly disappointed these issues went unnoticed during the design and testing phases of the 32CS560. Both the 32LD450 and the 32LK450 drew a lot of attention to LG and garnered a lot of praise from both the general public and the enthusiast community. As it currently stands, the 32CS560 is poised to strip a lot of that away so I implore you to look into the issue and resolve the hardware and the firmware that are causing these issues. I will be returning this TV to the store I purchased it at for a refund as a result of this. I also know of someone else that is returning their 32CS560 and another person is considering returning their 32CS560 as well because of these same issues.

Just got a reply back from LG:

Quote:

Thank you for e-mailing us back

I absolutely understand your concern, and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced, but, we do not have any information about the changes made on our LG TV models. As I read your email earlier, I have sent this concern to our engineering department. We highly appreciate your comments and suggestions for better improvement on our products.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for choosing LG!

post #74 of 222 Old 03-25-2012, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member

So, is the 10-pt grayscale removed from all screen sizes of the CS560 and CS570?
post #75 of 222 Old 03-25-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:

So, is the 10-pt grayscale removed from all screen sizes of the CS560 and CS570?

It's gone from the 32CS560 and looks like it's gone from the 37CS560. I don't know that anyone has purchased the other sizes or any of the 570 line yet. I can't imagine it being in any of the other CS560 sets though. When it comes the CS570 line, I don't know how quick people will be to test it based on the LK520 issues with input lag and the complaints the CS560 is starting to garner.

If this all turns out to be a marketing ploy to push the CS570 or LED lines, it's going to be very hard to respect LG as a company. I'm all for trying to push a better product but, it needs to actually be better not just look better because you made the lower tier stuff inferior on purpose. That's no different than price fixing, rigging a competition, etc.
post #76 of 222 Old 03-25-2012, 07:14 PM

Just got a reply back from LG:

Quote:

Thank you for e-mailing us back

I absolutely understand your concern, and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced, but, we do not have any information about the changes made on our LG TV models. As I read your email earlier, I have sent this concern to our engineering department. We highly appreciate your comments and suggestions for better improvement on our products.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for choosing LG!

post #77 of 222 Old 03-25-2012, 08:54 PM

I might keep mine... On the fence. If its actually 4:4:4 and an IPS panel then It's a good tv to me. As for the removed hdmi input I don't mind because I only need one. But the juttering worries me. Im unable to play movies right now because I forgot a mini hdmi cable when I moved. It's arriving Tuesday.
post #78 of 222 Old 03-25-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:

I might keep mine... On the fence. If its actually 4:4:4 and an IPS panel then It's a good tv to me. As for the removed hdmi input I don't mind because I only need one. But the juttering worries me. Im unable to play movies right now because I forgot a mini hdmi cable when I moved. It's arriving Tuesday.

It will do 4:4:4 for sure over a DVI>HDMI but I had to do the EDID override since I have a Nvidia card. You'll need to confirm the IPS panel with a macro lens/loupe/etc. as your eyes can easily mistake the chevron pixels for normal ones. You'll have the easiest time doing this with the Belle-Nuit test image. There isn't a known panel lottery at this time and, so far it looks like the code AUSY on the box should be an IPS panel.
post #79 of 222 Old 03-26-2012, 08:32 AM

Liked: 14
I had picked up one these sets and really enjoyed the set for the few days I've had it. However, if there is one thing I will take no part in is when a manufacturer cheapens up such an excellent product line in the name of money. The LD / LK from 2010 and 2011, to me, represented both value and excellence. I have examples of both sets in my home and dearly love and enjoy them. They not only serve as very capable personal computer displays with their low latency and proper 4:4:4 support but also for their excellent video quality and performance when watching sd and hd video. Now we have the new CS560 line for 2012 and gone are some very important features. Already I cannot hook up all of my boxes because they removed one of the HDMI connections. Already I've had to climb under my desk several times. What on earth was LG thinking? Now, I have very bad judder when watching nearly any content. From cars to trashcans to people on the bottom of my screen, they just glitch and skip across the screen. There is nothing TruMotion 60hz 5:5 / 2:2 pull down about this set. They continue to ask the same amount of money for the TV but they have removed very important features that directly take away from the end user experience. To me, this is a deal breaker and more than leaves a bad taste in my mouth. And while some of you make think I am over reacting, I personally do not feel that way. I just will not do business with a company that pulls these kind of cheap stunts. TV is being returned this afternoon and it's very doubtful I will look to LG as a brand I will consider in the future.

Surfing the Internet since Dec 93', Windows 3.11, Trumpet Winsock and a USR 9600 Baud Modem with Databank out of Lawrence, Kansas.

post #80 of 222 Old 03-26-2012, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthefley View Post

I had picked up one these sets and really enjoyed the set for the few days I've had it. However, if there is one thing I will take no part in is when a manufacturer cheapens up such an excellent product line in the name of money. The LD / LK from 2010 and 2011, to me, represented both value and excellence. I have examples of both sets in my home and dearly love and enjoy them. They not only serve as very capable personal computer displays with their low latency and proper 4:4:4 support but also for their excellent video quality and performance when watching sd and hd video. Now we have the new CS560 line for 2012 and gone are some very important features. Already I cannot hook up all of my boxes because they removed one of the HDMI connections. Already I've had to climb under my desk several times. What on earth was LG thinking? Now, I have very bad judder when watching nearly any content. From cars to trashcans to people on the bottom of my screen, they just glitch and skip across the screen. There is nothing TruMotion 60hz 5:5 / 2:2 pull down about this set. They continue to ask the same amount of money for the TV but they have removed very important features that directly take away from the end user experience. To me, this is a deal breaker and more than leaves a bad taste in my mouth. And while some of you make think I am over reacting, I personally do not feel that way. I just will not do business with a company that pulls these kind of cheap stunts. TV is being returned this afternoon and it's very doubtful I will look to LG as a brand I will consider in the future.

I would have rather they eliminated the CCFL lineup for 2012 altogether than do what they did. They basically crippled the CCFL models greatly just to make comparable LED models look better by comparison (to really hammer in the point that LED is better, like many salespeople at electronics stores have tried to convince me).
post #81 of 222 Old 03-26-2012, 10:33 AM

Liked: 14
I figured that's what they basically did. To make the LED line stand out. But why. I mean, I get it. LED does look nice. But why cut out potential customers? I may be ok with 60hz or a lamp based display. Maybe 4:4:4 Chroma Subsampling is very important to me, which, it is. I don't understand why LG wouldn't want those dollars regardless of how small that user base is. I think you raise a very valid question. Will there even be a 2013 model of this set? If not, then the LG 32LK450 just got a whole lot more desirable for people looking for this exact solution. And if I am not mistaken, is the set to own hands down.

Surfing the Internet since Dec 93', Windows 3.11, Trumpet Winsock and a USR 9600 Baud Modem with Databank out of Lawrence, Kansas.

post #82 of 222 Old 03-26-2012, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I figured that's what they basically did. To make the LED line stand out. But why. I mean, I get it. LED does look nice. But why cut out potential customers? I may be ok with 60hz or a lamp based display. Maybe 4:4:4 Chroma Subsampling is very important to me, which, it is. I don't understand why LG wouldn't want those dollars regardless of how small that user base is. I think you raise a very valid question. Will there even be a 2013 model of this set? If not, then the LG 32LK450 just got a whole lot more desirable for people looking for this exact solution. And if I am not mistaken, is the set to own hands down.

As a very happy owner of a 42LK450, I feel it is a great set for those looking for a S-IPS panel and 4:4:4 Chroma Subsampling, 1080p 60Hz. The 10-pt white balance is also an excellent feature for an entry-level LCD to have, which the 2012 models no longer do. It seems 2011 was the last year for good CCFL models and by 2013 they may be gone entirely. Samsung appears to have already gone that route for 2012.
post #83 of 222 Old 03-27-2012, 03:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_J View Post

When it comes the CS570 line, I don't know how quick people will be to test it based on the LK520 issues with input lag and the complaints the CS560 is starting to garner.

If this all turns out to be a marketing ploy to push the CS570 or LED lines, it's going to be very hard to respect LG as a company. I'm all for trying to push a better product but, it needs to actually be better not just look better because you made the lower tier stuff inferior on purpose. That's no different than price fixing, rigging a competition, etc.

I was thinking something similar myself. Perhaps they cheapened up the electronics, reducing the motion performance, in order to make the 120hz Trumotion CS570s look even better by comparison?

I wonder how well the CS570s will handle motion with the TruMotion features disabled (to reduce input lag for gaming purposes)? Time will tell, I suppose.
post #84 of 222 Old 03-27-2012, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John4721 View Post

I was thinking something similar myself. Perhaps they cheapened up the electronics, reducing the motion performance, in order to make the 120hz Trumotion CS570s look even better by comparison?

I wonder how well the CS570s will handle motion with the TruMotion features disabled (to reduce input lag for gaming purposes)? Time will tell, I suppose.

I'm not sure. I'm still pretty irritated that the 32CS560 had "TruMotion 60Hz" plastered on it's advertising sticker on the display unit and the one I purchased as it clearly lacks it. My understanding of TruMotion with a 240Hz set is that turning it off with RealCinema/Film Mode on is that it would do 24fps so off would likely be the preferred method when viewing actual 24fps content unless someone wanted it on to fake a higher fps.

It would be interesting to see what the CS570s do with camera panning in movies to see if they botched their entire lineup though or if it was just the CS560 line. Given that CS570 line is also CCFL, I wouldn't hold my breath. However they being pushed as having reduced blur and judder but the smallest set is 42" so it doesn't make sense to tank the CS560 line with judder as it already offers very little inner competition since the only size they share is the 42" and there is only a $70 price difference in MSRP between the two. Perhaps they are planning on doing smaller CS570 sets later in the year though.
post #85 of 222 Old 03-30-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:

I just picked up the LG 32CS560 as soon as I realized it was out as well. I had been looking for 3 x LG 32LK450's and found them but was not interested in dealing with people over the phone and or a panel lottery.

Picked up 2 of these units at Best Buy for $399 + tax per unit. I think Best Buys across the US just took shipment of these new models very recently.

I'm coming from a single LG 42LD450 which I had dialed in perfectly, mostly thanks to the AVS forums.

My first impressions? ................... Fantastic! Cracked the box open, attached the stand, placed the monitor in its desired spot. Plugged in my HDMI to DVI cable and fired both the monitor and PC up. BTW, the LG 32CS560 has swanky touch sensitive controls on the bottom right hand corner.

Windows came up with a stretched desktop. I hit Q.menu, selected "just scan" and the Windows 7 desktop instantly took it's correct shape. I then navigated down to picture mode and selected expert1. In the expert1 sub menu, I turned off edge enhance which removed the halo effect from everything. I then left expert1 leaving all other settings alone.

I then installed my Spyder2 hardware / software and calibrated the set.

While I am no professional in this dept, I feel I have a solid grasp on all the proper steps that one might take to arrive at a descent picture quality and I think, for now at least, I have achieved that. Once someone actually goes into the Expert Sub Menu and comes up with very good numbers and shares then with the community, then I will of course use those. I did the same thing with the LG 42LD450 when others released those numbers as well.

I think this set has an absolutely fantastic picture once the proper steps are taken. The blacks are deep, colors vibrant. I should note my main motivation is its use as a PC display. Text is razor sharp with zero noticeable blur in games or movies. I feel no latency at all with my Nintendo Wii and playing some of the fast paced arcade games. Playing World of Warcraft and BF3 left me extremely impressed with this S-IPS panel. From the viewing angels to its performance. Turning off edge enhance in Expert Sub Menu removed any halo around text. Text now apprears as one might expect on any native PC Display. Perfect.

Including my own impression, and those of 3 others, here and on HardOCP, everyone seems to be very impressed with the LG 32CS560. I know I am. I completely expect this to be a very hot display for those us wanting an affordable but high quality, high performance display for or PC and or bedroom movie / video game duties. it serves all of those areas extremely well.

Other notes. Without the stand, the LG 32CS560 only weighs around 17lbs. Aprox the same weight as Dell's or HP's 30" PC solution. Point being, yes, my monitor arm could easily handle the 17lbs once I attached a 200 x 100 to 100 x 100 vesa adapter.

I also ran several 1080p MKV movies through the display and was just blown away. However, I am anxious to hear from others who are better qualified to make these kind of statements. Especially in these forums. To my untrained eye, I was very very pleased.

For now, because of I do not have much depth to my new computer work-station, I've had to go back to using the stand.

I have no problem saying that the LG 32CS560 is without a doubt the best looking and performing display I've owned in at least the last 10 years. That's coming from a Westy W1, Westy W3 and a LG 42LD450.

This is great review, especially since you are able to compare it to the Westy W3, which I also am currently using. Thank you RTHEFLEY, ROMULUX and RACER_J for the excellent amount of information you have provided in the last week or so. Waiting for some additional specs/reviews on the 2012 Panasonic line up, but I suspect this is my next monitor.
RTHEFLEY, did the Westy W3 die, or what prompted you to upgrade? Also why 32" versus 37"?
post #86 of 222 Old 03-31-2012, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by John4721 View Post

Perhaps they cheapened up the electronics, reducing the motion performance, in order to make the 120hz Trumotion CS570s look even better by comparison?

it could also be possible that this is the cost of doing away with a panel lottery, assuming that LG really has done away with it this time.

i still like my set but i wish i had gotten the LK450 while i had the chance. i can remember seeing a whole row of 'y' panel boxes at best buy while i was looking for the 560s.... the fool i was.
post #87 of 222 Old 03-31-2012, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by romulux View Post

i still like my set but i wish i had gotten the LK450 while i had the chance. i can remember seeing a whole row of 'y' panel boxes at best buy while i was looking for the 560s.... the fool i was.

not your fault, most people assume newer = better when it comes to electronics and sometimes it is... sadly not in this case (but it does make me appreciate my LK450 more)
post #88 of 222 Old 03-31-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:

not your fault, most people assume newer = better when it comes to electronics and sometimes it is... sadly not in this case (but it does make me appreciate my LK450 more)

Especially when said newer hardware is marketed as having TruMotion when it doesn't and it's previous two "incarnations" were full of awesome.
post #89 of 222 Old 04-01-2012, 10:49 AM

Hi all. I made the mistake of ordering a 42cs560 when this thread was in its infancy. About a day after I ordered the unit from newegg (I had a gift card there) the negative posts started coming in. The biggest oversight on my part was that I figured no audio out was no big deal since the unit still supported ARC (SimpLink). Upon hooking the unit up to my Denon AVR 1712 it seems that the two are not compatible. I am using an hdmi 1.4 cable and have the denon configured to "HDMI Control: On". I contacted LG support but have not received a response yet. If i can't get it to work I'll have to return it and eat the 15% restocking fee from newegg, so it goes.
post #90 of 222 Old 04-01-2012, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamyemma View Post

Hi all. I made the mistake of ordering a 42cs560 when this thread was in its infancy. About a day after I ordered the unit from newegg (I had a gift card there) the negative posts started coming in. The biggest oversight on my part was that I figured no audio out was no big deal since the unit still supported ARC (SimpLink). Upon hooking the unit up to my Denon AVR 1712 it seems that the two are not compatible. I am using an hdmi 1.4 cable and have the denon configured to "HDMI Control: On". I contacted LG support but have not received a response yet. If i can't get it to work I'll have to return it and eat the 15% restocking fee from newegg, so it goes.

I think SimpLink (LG's version of HDMI-CEC) only works with other LG products. It didn't work with my Sony Receiver or Slim PS3 either, despite both of them having a HDMI-CEC feature.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg 42 Inch 42cs560 , Lg 47cs570 47 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page