I returned my un46d7000 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 03-04-2012, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
bamajas13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just returned a Samsung un46d7000 yesterday. I had it set up in my home for about three weeks and the flash lighting and clouding was just not acceptable for a $1700 tv. I even took the original tv I bought back for this one and the flash lighting and clouding was no different. I know that some flash lighting is normal for edge lit tv's but mine was really bad. The clouding in the middle of the screen was noticeable on tv shows via Directv and movies from BD as well. Just thought I'd share my experience slash rant with you. Now I have no tv in my living room and am confused on what to get. I am leaning towards the new Panasonic plasmas(gt50) or maybe a new Panasonic led(DT or WT series) for I hear they are full array led. Any thoughts or comments greatly appreciated.
bamajas13 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 03-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Senior Member
 
OldSchoolMETAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago area/Indiana
Posts: 404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamajas13 View Post

I just returned a Samsung un46d7000 yesterday. I had it set up in my home for about three weeks and the flash lighting and clouding was just not acceptable for a $1700 tv. I even took the original tv I bought back for this one and the flash lighting and clouding was no different. I know that some flash lighting is normal for edge lit tv's but mine was really bad. The clouding in the middle of the screen was noticeable on tv shows via Directv and movies from BD as well. Just thought I'd share my experience slash rant with you. Now I have no tv in my living room and am confused on what to get. I am leaning towards the new Panasonic plasmas(gt50) or maybe a new Panasonic led(DT or WT series) for I hear they are full array led. Any thoughts or comments greatly appreciated.

The clearance LW5600 have no clouding and very very minimal flashlighting when local dimming is used. Even the minimal flashlighting can only be seen on a black screen. Normal screens look absolutely fantastic. The only downside is the DSE/banding that LG have on their IPS panels but it's very faint and barely noticible most of the time. I really love mine and it was a defiinite step up from a Plasma TV that was suppose to be the end all. I'll never consider Plasma for anything other than 'blood' after owning one.
OldSchoolMETAL is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 03-04-2012, 10:02 AM
Senior Member
 
swolfcg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
No offense, but from what I saw in the store, the LG5600 has some really bad lag issues. The PQ is pretty great if you can look past that. The colors are tad more vibrant/unnatural than Sony as well, but other then that and the lag, the EX720 is pretty close to the LG5600.

They are both Semi-matte screens by the way. The black levels on the glossy & monolith screens are bit better.
swolfcg is offline  
post #4 of 9 Old 03-04-2012, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
bamajas13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Another option I have been toying with is the LG LM9600 series. They are. We for 2012 and are supposed to be full array led. Not sure when they will hit the stores but from what I have been reading it sounds like another option.
bamajas13 is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 03-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Senior Member
 
OldSchoolMETAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago area/Indiana
Posts: 404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by swolfcg View Post

No offense, but from what I saw in the store, the LG5600 has some really bad lag issues. The PQ is pretty great if you can look past that. The colors are tad more vibrant/unnatural than Sony as well, but other then that and the lag, the EX720 is pretty close to the LG5600.

They are both Semi-matte screens by the way. The black levels on the glossy & monolith screens are bit better.

I've never seen lag watching shows/movies off of my Bluray player, my DVR, my DVD Recorder or even from the televisions own tuner.
OldSchoolMETAL is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 03-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Senior Member
 
swolfcg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolMETAL View Post

I've never seen lag watching shows/movies off of my Bluray player, my DVR, my DVD Recorder or even from the televisions own tuner.

Well then it must have been a bad set I saw or you just got lucky. After viewing the tv in store, I went back and read a sweeping number of complaints about the same with that set.
swolfcg is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 03-04-2012, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Latinoheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 1,584
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamajas13 View Post

Another option I have been toying with is the LG LM9600 series. They are. We for 2012 and are supposed to be full array led. Not sure when they will hit the stores but from what I have been reading it sounds like another option.

I am waiting to see this one aswell, I believe they are coming out the 3rd week of this month! Kinda of pricey though.

TV - Panasonic 55GT50Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28'sCenter Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II (new)Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3Receiver - Onkyo RC-360HTPC - Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
Latinoheat is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 03-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Senior Member
 
OldSchoolMETAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago area/Indiana
Posts: 404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by swolfcg View Post

Well then it must have been a bad set I saw or you just got lucky. After viewing the tv in store, I went back and read a sweeping number of complaints about the same with that set.

You never read of complaints while watching movies or Shows on this forum. Of course if you like to play games, then there's some complaints about all LCD TVs with a lag between the joy stick and the display of the movement. This is a home theater TV, and as for playing games, those I know, just don't have the time for that.

If you want to play games, buy a monitor or use the update available on LG's website. I simply can't understand why so many people play games when that time can be used to watch movies or spend time with the family. But then again, this is JUST ME.
OldSchoolMETAL is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 03-05-2012, 02:52 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
bamajas13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
When you say pricey, how pricey are you talking? I'm in the market for the 47" model.
bamajas13 is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un46d7000 46 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off