Official Samsung UNXXEH5000/UNXXEH5050 Owner's Thread - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 274 Old 08-02-2014, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
[QiUOTE=rcd765;22656032]I just purchased the UN50EH5000 for $699 during BF sale and was a little skeptical about it since I already own a Panasonic Plasma that I am very happy with (it has deep blacks and no motion blur, etc.). I am very pleased to report that the picture quality is great and I don't see any motion blur/lag in sports or fast action BUT that is only after I changed the default picture setup!

Since the standard mode (default) is really bad, you have to read this thread and get some decent picture settings. The trick is to turn OFF the LED motion plus and the Motion Lighting, and turn down sharpness. I don't know why Samsung would provide default options that actually degrade the picture (since they make motion flicker). TURN THEM OFF. Most people would probably just upgrade since they don't read forums BUT if you adjust the settings I think you can have the picture quality of a much more expensive panel.

I ended up with a "CH01" panel and quality seems good but then I haven't seen a "TS01" panel.[/QUOTE] I purchased the 32 version open box 200$ must say can't seem to get the picture where I want it been trying for a week
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 274 Old 08-02-2014, 06:18 PM

Purchased the base model 32 inch for 200$ at bb open box love hate thing going on can't seem to get it where I want it been trying for a week
post #273 of 274 Old 08-04-2014, 11:25 AM

UN46EH500F Screen random goes black/turns off - Fix?

Hiya,

I bought a 46" Samsung HDTV (UN46EH500F) about 2 weeks ago and I was really satisfied about how great it is for the price I paid. But about 1 weeks ago while playing on my Playstation 3, I paused the game, went to get a drink, came back and the screen was black, as if it turned itself off. I turned it back on and everything was fine. A few days after I was playing Xbox 360 (different console this time) for about 3 hours straight and while playing GTA5 the screen turned itself off again! Actually it wasn't really off, the screen went black because when I press the "Power ON" button on my remote, it would turn it off and I had to press the "ON" button a 2nd time to turn it back on! Then the same thing happened again a few days ago while playing PS3, I was playing Killzone 3 and the screen went black again in the middle of a 1-2 hour game! This is when I started to panic... for a few seconds.

You see, I had overheating issues with my PS3 slim and a 24" 3D Sony TV over a year ago. My PS3 would get so hot and occasionally crash after several hours of gaming! I read on a Sony support forum that if I plugged the power cord with the white text facing upwards into my PS3 (http://i57.tinypic.com/33w2uls.jpg), the positive and negatives would be connected correctly and it would resolve the issue. IT DID!!!!!!! Ever since I started plugging the power cord into my PS3 with the white text on the cable facing upwards, my PS3 slim isn't burning hot anymore and it hasn't crashed since!!! I did the same thing with my 24" 3D Sony TV by connecting the power cord with the white text facing up and it doesn't feel burning to the touch at all!

So guess what I did with my UN46EH500F. I plugged the power cord the other way!

Before:
http://i57.tinypic.com/2e2mj38.jpg

After:
http://i60.tinypic.com/2zyhipw.jpg

It's been about 3 days now, I've been forcing myself to play long sessions of games and watching 2 to 3 hours of Netflix videos in a row and so far the TV didn't get any black screen issues! Also I don't know if it's just me, but I felt the back of the TV and it doesn't feel as hot anymore!

Could it be that plugging the power cord in your TV the wrong way could cause overheating? It did with my PS3 and 24" 3D TV! So maybe it's the same thing with these Samsung HDTV's!

If any of you are having overheating issues or your Samsung TV randomly shuts itself off, can you give this trick a try to see if it fixes the problem because I really want to know if this fixes the issue or not! Because if it does, someone needs to smack Samsung on the back of the head for not being more careful about this kinda thing! Plugging the power cable the wrong way on my PS3 nearly broke it! I don't want to repeat the same mistake on my $700 TV.

Last edited by j0hn4; 08-05-2014 at 08:43 AM.
post #274 of 274 Old 08-04-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeper View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by Daredevil_pt

And what about blurring and smearing that some users reported??

I wasn't using it for gaming, so I didn't have any issues with smearing.

It is a 60Hz refresh rate (sample and hold) frame, so it will smear just by quickly scrolling the screen on a PC. Any 60Hz LCD display will.
I brought the base model 32 5000 can't seem to set it the way I want got a good deal 200$ at bb open box faces look bad real dark scenes lose detail my first HD TV using over the air . please help
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Ln46a750 46 Inch 1080p Dlna Lcd Hdtv With Red Touch Of Color , Samsung Un46eh5000 Led Hdtv , Samsung 40 Inch Lcd Hdtv Ln40a750 , Samsung Un40eh6000 40 Inch Led Hdtv , Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread - Un46eh5000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page