Vizio TV Guide - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 4 Old 03-07-2012, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Have only had my Vizio a short while. Noted when first installing the note saying GUIDE button now functioned same as INFO button. Seem to recall all either button did was show which input and res of the programming. Starting last week I noticed with OTA programming there was some info about the current program.

Not knowing what the original guide looked like, can someone tell me, and has the prgm info for OTA stations always been there or has something changed recently.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 Old 03-09-2012, 04:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked: 157
The "guide" button displays the PSIP guide. OTA stations are required to broadcast at least 12hrs of info but some are rather lax while others go out several days. Cable generally doesn't support the PSIP guide. PSIP has been around since digital TV, my first Vizio in '07 had a nice PSIP guide. Most brands of TV don't really support the guide function and if anything just display the title and maybe description of the current program.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-28-2015, 08:25 AM
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I don't want to be 'that guy' that resurrects old threads, but I will in this case.

So the Vizio manual for my TV (E3D470VX page 30 shows a Guide. When I push the Guide button it does the same action as the Info button. Is there any way to get the Guide actually working? Vizio chat was useless and told me this feature never existed and acted as if I was a crazy loon. If the button is there, and the manual shows it, I am not sure why it would not work. Eventually the chat representative said something that I took to mean it was removed by a firmware update - but she wouldn't come right out and say that.

Anybody have a similar model TV with a working guide?
post #4 of 4 Old 05-10-2015, 04:40 PM
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unhappy Vizio TV Guide - no love

I just picked up one of the 24" E241i TVs and was also expecting the Guide to pick up and display the current programming. It seems somewhat trivial to do put maybe requires a second tuner and then more power to keep scanning all the channels every 30 minutes for updates. Dunno if that's the problem but its too bad the functionality isn't there.
Sponsored Links
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays