Forum Jump: 

post #1351 of 1362 Old 05-01-2014, 07:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlal View Post

Same white spots behavior on my original set (lower left), got a BRAND new set in July (LC70C6400C)... but same white spots appeared last month.

Not sure how Sharp Canada will deal with it ghis time around !?

Willkeep you posted...

It's strange that it's happening in the same place on our sets. Wonder if it's something behind the panel in that particular area leading to these spots
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 1362 Old 05-02-2014, 10:17 AM

Liked: 10
Interesting visit to Costco the other day. I was looking at the sharp demos that they had out and all of them had this problem. I can not believe that they would have these out on display. These were not minor problems but very easy to see, major problems. Sharp is now sending me a new 6500 after a lot of talking. At Costco the 6500 had this problem. I will wait and see what this new set brings. This is a problem that develops with time and is not there out of the box. It seems as though Sharp has a problem with this screen. Good luck with your TV.
post #1353 of 1362 Old 05-14-2014, 06:38 PM

No luck, my set is off warranty, oh well, guess we will live with the white spots !
post #1354 of 1362 Old 05-14-2014, 09:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 57
I have a Vizio E701i TV . I've read that Vizio uses Sharp panels and I'm on my 3rd set that is also developing white spots. Vizio tells everyone that this is rare although every store I go in the display has them. Does Sharp act like you're the first to come to them with this problem?
post #1355 of 1362 Old 05-15-2014, 09:06 AM

Hi guys !

I'm sure this has been answered before, just can't seem to find it with the search tool (!)

With the LE6400U series, should I set the PS3 BD 1080p 24Hz output setting to ON or OFF ?

Does it make any difference at all watching blu-rays ?

Thanks !
post #1356 of 1362 Old 05-15-2014, 09:43 PM

Sharp must be aware of this. When I sent them pictures of my screen they sent out a refurbished set right away. I think some people are just living with it or are oblivious. Sharp has been very polite but are staying on message when I talk to them, no opinion, just the facts and what they can and can't do. I just can not get over that they have these sets out on display.
post #1357 of 1362 Old 06-08-2014, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
With all the complaints about the white lights and the number of returns I'm really surprised that their is not a class action lawsuit. It really is ridiculous. As long as a person is eligible to return it to the place they purchased it, it really isn't a big deal. The moment you are out of warranty and start having to take pictures then the madness begins.
post #1358 of 1362 Old 07-27-2014, 07:57 AM

So my TV has just developed the "white spots". It is a LC-70LE640U purchased back in October of 2012, so it is out of warranty. From reading threads on here and other AV forums the problem looks to be widespread. I have two questions that I couldn't really find answers for:

1. Is it repairable?
2. Has anyone gotten a repair or replacement after their warranty expired?

Thanks
post #1359 of 1362 Old 07-27-2014, 07:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectevolution View Post
So my TV has just developed the "white spots". It is a LC-70LE640U purchased back in October of 2012, so it is out of warranty. From reading threads on here and other AV forums the problem looks to be widespread. I have two questions that I couldn't really find answers for:

1. Is it repairable?
2. Has anyone gotten a repair or replacement after their warranty expired?

Thanks
I'm seeing too many reports of the white spots including on the 650 series. I went with a SquareTrade EW so I'm not nervous. May I suggest you call Sharp and see how they handle the situation. Be nice and say you see from your research that this seems to be a recurring problem that has hit you. My last TV a Mits Diamond DLP had the DMD fail out of warranty AND my Best Buy EW. They knew the problem was chronic and split the repair, they sent the chip I paid the labor, both were about $200. When the set started to die again less than a year after that I got the Sharp.
Good luck!!

Joe in West Los Angeles, CA
post #1360 of 1362 Old 07-28-2014, 07:49 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
My Sharp (one in question) has gradually developed a white "milky" looking picture. Now, I have to use Dynamic mode just to make it watchable. It was great with the CNET setting as modified by some suggestions on this forum. It is only 2 years old and I watch 4 hours a day average. Is this similar to what others are describing? Should I call Sharp?

Memphis Home Builder
post #1361 of 1362 Old 07-28-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe221 View Post
I'm seeing too many reports of the white spots including on the 650 series. I went with a SquareTrade EW so I'm not nervous. May I suggest you call Sharp and see how they handle the situation. Be nice and say you see from your research that this seems to be a recurring problem that has hit you. My last TV a Mits Diamond DLP had the DMD fail out of warranty AND my Best Buy EW. They knew the problem was chronic and split the repair, they sent the chip I paid the labor, both were about $200. When the set started to die again less than a year after that I got the Sharp.
Good luck!!
Good advise, and how I will proceed. I did call Sharp last evening and started the process. I'm waiting for my case email so I can send in pictures. I'm hoping they'll work with me on this.
joe221 likes this.
post #1362 of 1362 Old 07-28-2014, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhseven View Post
My Sharp (one in question) has gradually developed a white "milky" looking picture. Now, I have to use Dynamic mode just to make it watchable. It was great with the CNET setting as modified by some suggestions on this forum. It is only 2 years old and I watch 4 hours a day average. Is this similar to what others are describing? Should I call Sharp?
This thread has some good pictures on the white dots issue: white speckles on sharp 650u series tv

I'm not sure if the "milky" picture is related or not. Part of the difficulty with these types of issues is that Sharp will ask for pictures, but it is hard to capture the problem in pictures. You can see it plain as day, but taking pictures that capture it is difficult.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp , Sharp Aquos Lc52le640u Led Hdtv , Sharp Aquos Lc60le640u 60 Inch Led Hdtv , Sharp Lc70le640u 70 Inch Led Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page