AVS Forum banner
1M views 16K replies 720 participants last post by  Canuck_TO 
#1 ·

Just bought the ES8000 from best buy. I called my local best buy to see if they had any, she said they have one each at 2 stores locally. I thought, oh ok they are probably show units but ill try anyway. I walked in at the perfect time. They got one in and just opened the box when I asked the guy if I could have it. All he did was cut the tape on the top of the box, the stand wasnt even removed yet (its on the top). He ended up selling it to me. Got some pics if anyone is interested.

Anyway. Im now selling my UN46B8500. Works graet, I have all original packaging and boxes. Im not sure what to sell it for yet. Even though the set is a couple years old, it has maybe a year (or less) worth of use because Ive been out of the country several times since i bought it.

#202 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDante24 /forum/post/21785832

There is a 40 inch D8000 here in the Netherlands.

Only Europe gets 40 inch I think. I guess bigger is better in America (I agree) :p

the only thing i know that we are getting in terms of a good size for anyone in a room on the ES7100 and ES7500 is a 50 inch size in thoses tv's .As for the ES8000 america is getting a size of 46,55,60,65,and 75 inch screen size.hope this helps.And happy shopping

#203 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandborn /forum/post/21785604

so who of us here are waiting and going to definately pull the trigger on the 65 or 75 inchers? these tv's, sony hx929 or sharp elite...man...decisions decisions

I certainly am, but 70" is my minimum. For me its either the 75ES8000, or whatever the next version of the Elite will be. I tried the first version of the Elite but the pulsing bug drove me crazy and had to return it.

At CES I was able to compare the gen1 Elite 70" with the Samsung 75", and in what I consider a bright to normal room I liked the Samsung picture better. I'm actually really surprised at how much better the Samsung looked to me. I wont make my final decision until I see them in a dark room together, but these early pictures are encouraging. I'll also spend more time looking at off-angle viewing than I did when shopping for the Elite.

As of right now I think I'm leaning towards the Samsung, but that may change if Sharp does come out with a 4k Elite.

#204 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyjd40 /forum/post/21784876

I have the d8000 and 3 different bd players a bd-d5500 sammy, bdt-110 panny and lg bd-580 as well as a ps3. I find things alot easier to just have the sammy products together. I personally don't like the panny, but the lg 580 is the best one in my opinion. anyway try to keep them together, unless your going oppo then thats another story. The new samsung tv's do 2d-3d conversion really well so no need to duplicate it on the bd player, and they also have the cloud, disk to digital. At one point I am sure amazon app was on the sammy.

god bless

Actually no, the difference in 2D-3D conversion on the 2011 D8000 and the 2011 BD-D6700 was night and day. Everyone I've ever talked to knows that the blu ray players did a much much better job converting 2D-3D. Moreover, the 2011 Samsung conversion on the BD players was among the best period, rivaling even 3D Bee converters in some people's opinions

So you're basically saying that the new 2012 Samsung Tv's have a much improved conversion process? Because it just wasn't that good last year, not compared to other products out there including their own bluray player line. I'd have to see where you're getting your information first, and secondly see it myself and at least compare it to D6700

Go to Amazon and read up on my review of the BD-E6500 (which I would not recommened over the higher end 2011 Samsung BD-players) and be careful not to spread misinformation

#207 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffs2 /forum/post/21786464

I certainly am, but 70" is my minimum. For me its either the 75ES8000, or whatever the next version of the Elite will be. I tried the first version of the Elite but the pulsing bug drove me crazy and had to return it.

At CES I was able to compare the gen1 Elite 70" with the Samsung 75", and in what I consider a bright to normal room I liked the Samsung picture better. I'm actually really surprised at how much better the Samsung looked to me. I wont make my final decision until I see them in a dark room together, but these early pictures are encouraging. I'll also spend more time looking at off-angle viewing than I did when shopping for the Elite.

As of right now I think I'm leaning towards the Samsung, but that may change if Sharp does come out with a 4k Elite.

Thanks for the reply. I have actually never seen the es8000 other then what videos I have seen online, but have spent hours in tha magnolia room staring at the elite, sony hx929 and last years sammy d8000. I hope the es8000 picture does pull through and really pops and fixes the issues it had with previous generations. I would love to go with the 75" but man for 7$ grand....

#208 ·
Samsung seems to have a history of saying a 75" TV will come out later in the year, only to find out, no so. Here's a link to CES 2011 where a samsung rep talks about the 75" D9500...

"Not available till the second half of this year, which it doesn't really have a release date, but it is coming out. Which is good news, it's not a concept and of course there's no price because they're thinking about it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i1EQ1Niaiw

At the CES 2012 Samsung again has displayed a 75", and says it will be available in the ES8000 series. Yet if you do a search for confirmation of this 75ES8000, you'll find sites that list what sizes Samsung will bring to market and either the 75" is not listed, or it is with TBA as the disclaimer.

I wish these companies would stand behind what they say, when they say at CES, will be out later this year.

So folks, what's your take on 2012 promise of the 75ES8000 actually coming to market?

#209 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekindrewind /forum/post/21788386

Samsung seems to have a history of saying a 75" TV will come out later in the year, only to find out, no so. Here's a link to 2011 CES where samsung says the 75" will be out later this year.

Samsung again has said it will be out, yet some of the sites out here, list what sizes Samsung will bring to market and either the 75" is not listed, or it is with TBA as the disclaimer.

I wish these companies would stand behind what they say, when they say at CES, will be out later this year.

So folks, what's your take on 2012 promise of the 75ES8000 actually coming to market?

I wont believe it until I see it in stores, but samsung isn't the only company to show up with vaporware at ces. Vizio had a 72'' full array 3d tv at ces that was suppose to sell for under 4k at ces 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FdzeaFs464 . 2 years later still not released, I was really hoping for this tv. They always have to 1up the competition on biggest tv even if they will never release the tv.

#210 ·

Quote:

Samsung seems to have a history of saying a 75" TV will come out later in the year, only to find out, no so. Here's a link to CES 2011 where a samsung rep talks about the 75" D9500...

"Not available till the second half of this year, which it doesn't really have a release date, but it is coming out. Which is good news, it's not a concept and of course there's no price because they're thinking about it."

At the CES 2012 Samsung again has displayed a 75", and says it will be available in the ES8000 series. Yet if you do a search for confirmation of this 75ES8000, you'll find sites that list what sizes Samsung will bring to market and either the 75" is not listed, or it is with TBA as the disclaimer.

while a 75 inch LED ES8000 would be cool to own 7,299 $ is a ton of cash ,that can pay for some bills and a down payment on a car ,55 inch ES8000 is fine for me .and its does not even have to be the ES8000 it can be the ES7500 in 55 inch.good luck .hope u get your tv u want

#211 ·
Other than Joseph10704 personal view about value; I found on Youtube a comment from Scott Cohen, national product training manager for Samsung. Scott states at the CES 2012...

"This year we're gonna go up to 75" which is what we're standing in front of"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvPWI...feature=relmfu

Maybe others are sitting next to me in this boat. Simply trying to get honest information about what is and is not comming to market later on in the year. For if what we're expecting (because the reps say it is so) to come to market, we wait for it. If we find it was just another broken promise, then you've mislead us. Hey I want my new tv now too, but I'm willing to wait. Just be honest will you tv companies. Can you hear the frustration? Ok, I feel better now, that my AV brothers and sisters are listening. This is the vent channel, right...lol

FWIW:

Joseph10704, if this tv is out of your ball park range, that's fine. Others may have the same opinion about what you spend for the tv you're interested in. You can always buy a less expensive tv and as the saying goes, you usually get what you pay for. My post is not about is a tv worth what the manufactor lists it at. Let's keep on track when you chime in on the topic at hand. Thank you for your understanding

#212 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekindrewind /forum/post/21788592

Other than Joseph10704 personal view about value; I found on Youtube a comment from Scott Cohen, national product training manager for Samsung. Scott states at the CES 2012...

"This year we're gonna go up to 75" which is what we're standing in front of"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvPWI...feature=relmfu

Joseph10704, if this tv is out of your ball park range, that's fine. Others may have the same opinion about what you spend for the tv you're interested in. You can always buy a less expensive tv and as the saying goes, you usually get what you pay for. My post is not about is a tv worth what the manufactor lists it at. Let's keep on track when you chime in on the topic at hand. Thank you for your understanding

While 75 inch's is cool to own tho still like u said is it worth the money should a 75 inch samsung led tv be 7,299 $ or would u rather just go for a sharp Eleite brand for 2,000 less for a 70 inch .For other's they might say sure ,me idk i dont have room in my house for it i live in a apartment so 75 or 70 inch's is crazy big BUT at the same time cool to own for sure.and it's true what u pay for is what u get ,that goes for most thing's in this world that we buy .Not just a tv.

#213 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 /forum/post/21788714

While 75 inch's is cool to own tho still like u said or would u rather just go for a sharp Eleite brand for 2,000 less for a 70 inch .For other's they might say sure ,me idk i dont have room in my house for it i live in a apartment so 75 or 70 inch's is crazy big BUT at the same time cool to own for sure.and it's true what u pay for is what u get ,that goes for most thing's in this world that we buy .Not just a tv.

For pete's sake joseph10704....I wrote:

"My post is not about is a tv worth what the manufactor lists it at. Let's keep on track when you chime in on the topic at hand. Thank you for your understanding."

Now in your second reply, you've twisted and hijacked my point about will a 75" come to market. I never said ...is it worth the money should a 75 inch samsung led tv be 7,299 $ ..etc.

It seems fruitless trying to keep you on topic.

So guys, looking forward your thoughts about will the Samsung 75ES8000 really make it to market.

Cheers,

bekindrewind

#214 ·

Quote:

Samsung seems to have a history of saying a 75" TV will come out later in the year, only to find out, no so....

I believe that 2012 is most likely to be a replay of 2011.

#215 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekindrewind /forum/post/21788756

"My post is not about is a tv worth what the manufactor lists it at. Let's keep on track when you chime in on the topic at hand. Thank you for your understanding."

You've twisted what I've written, my point about will a 75" come to market. I never said ...is it worth the money should a 75...etc.

So guys, looking forward your thoughts about will the Samsung 75ES8000 really make it to market.

Cheers,

bekindrewind

And my anwer to what u just said is this ,i dont think no one whould buy it only for the fact it's alot of moeny no matter who has the money.do i think it will come out yes when my guess is may or june ,that's what a samsung rep told me a few week's ago but that for america not sure for the rest of the country's .

#216 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekindrewind /forum/post/21788756

Now in your second reply, you've twisted and hijacked my point about will a 75" come to market. I never said ...is it worth the money should a 75 inch samsung led tv be 7,299 $ ..etc.

It seems fruitless trying to keep you on topic.

Cheers,

See you toned down your post there, bekindrewind

#217 ·
Not to get things even more off topic - but after my 55" D8000 started to look a little too small (2:35 aspect ratio in 3D anyone?) I started looking at 3D projectors

And with the problems the D8000 edge lit line was having, I decided then and there not to invest even more money on an even bigger tv when with a projector I can go up to 120" (or more) and only have to spend around $1500 (on the 3D 1080p projector I'm looking at)

So my dream setup: A 55" 3DTV for normal & gaming use, and a 3D 1080p projector for movies with around a 120" screen. All I need is the projector and I'm good to go and I won't have to frown when watching every 2:35 movie in 3D

#218 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 /forum/post/21789001

And my anwer to what u just said is this ,i dont think no one whould buy it only for the fact it's alot of moeny no matter who has the money.do i think it will come out yes when my guess is may or june ,that's what a samsung rep told me a few week's ago but that for america not sure for the rest of the country's .

Your spelling and grammar give me a headache dude. I majored in English. I'll tutor you for the low low price of a few hundred thousand. You said you were rich right?

#219 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm /forum/post/21789140

Your spelling and grammar give me a headache dude. I majored in English. I'll tutor you for the low low price of a few hundred thousand. You said you were rich right?

dude is that the best u got my grammer is bad ,why does everyone have to pick on me about grammer ,really how old are u 5 years old grow up.

#220 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 /forum/post/21789189

dude is that the best u got my grammer is bad ,why does everyone have to pick on me about grammer ,really how old are u 5 years old grow up.

No harm meant. I even had that cool smiley face with glasses above my post. I was just saying that your posts read like this:

don't know what you guys are talking about i don't have run.on sentences the sky is blue but so are you how now. brown cow punctuatioon is overated hope my post doesn't hurt your eyes.but don't complian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.