post #3871 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

I hear you.. Ive been hearing good things about the new LG's this year. Whats the model of this Samsung?

60". it was before sony and samsungs are the top notch tv, but now we are only paying for the name brand for both of them and not making good sets anymore. a lot of competitions right now and most of them dont cost that much but make a better quality sets, vizio, lg are on the rise right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Op's Guy View Post

Hate hearing that dude. I was really hoping someone would get a gem. Evidently the 65" is plagued. That's truly unfortunate.

yes sir, what can we do right? we need to accept it man, TRUTH HURTS!

Panasonic 60VT60
Energy RC 70 fronts
Energy RC LCR center
Energy RC LCR surrounds
Rythmik LV12R and Mirage Omni 12 subwoofers
Denon 2112CI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3872 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 06:26 AM

Location: Some where over the 4 or 5 hour freeway in LALA land
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

60". it was before sony and samsungs are the top notch tv, but now we are only paying for the name brand for both of them and not making good sets anymore. a lot of competitions right now and most of them dont cost that much but make a better quality sets, vizio, lg are on the rise right now.
yes sir, what can we do right? we need to accept it man, TRUTH HURTS!

I was surprised this year when I saw a Vizio get a better rating then this TV. I was even more surprised to hear that James Camerons main TV is a 65" Vizio. I remember when they came out with their XVT back in 2008/2009 and was rated the "Best" LED out..

I just hate the way they look.
post #3873 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 07:41 AM

Liked: 18
So we already pay the price of a tv that should have hardware local dimming of some kind. Overpaid for this gimmick, this "micro dimming ultimate" marketing gimmick that does nothing but saturates and adds contrast but is worth sh!t without CE dimming hiding its many flaws. This CE dimming garbage they force on us to make there panels look better in dark scenes but in actuality the panels are still garbage. So you're telling me, that after paying that much for so little, that I should be ok with banding and flashlighting and a dead pixel? That its normal? And that it should be overlooked? That it's not a manufacturing defect? That I should jus say "oh well, other tv's have that to, so this is 3500 bucks well spent." f@$k that! You are out ya damn mind.

----We are not the same. I am an alien.----
post #3874 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 07:49 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

I just got my new set. How am I gonna check my set regarding the vertical banding problems? What is the best show or movie I need to play so that I can see if my set has vertical problem issues. Ty

http://www.2shared.com/video/NUYoY6bS/DSE_Test.html try this one. wink.gif

I'm getting my 65" on Friday or Monday at latest. Feeling a bit scared right now.
post #3875 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isupes View Post

So we already pay the price of a tv that should have hardware local dimming of some kind. Overpaid for this gimmick, this "micro dimming ultimate" marketing gimmick that does nothing but saturates and adds contrast but is worth sh!t without CE dimming hiding its many flaws. This CE dimming garbage they force on us to make there panels look better in dark scenes but in actuality the panels are still garbage. So you're telling me, that after paying that much for so little, that I should be ok with banding and flashlighting and a dead pixel? That its normal? And that it should be overlooked? That it's not a manufacturing defect? That I should jus say "oh well, other tv's have that to, so this is 3500 bucks well spent." f@$k that! You are out ya damn mind.

I am with you 150% on that!!!
post #3876 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 08:07 AM

How can they focus on making these TV's in T.J. Mexico with all the shootings and killings going on.. Their messing up our panels from ducking down ever time they hear a gun shot
post #3877 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 08:08 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by isupes View Post

Every led/LCD manufacturer has a form of CE-dimming in their sets.
Dead pixels are nor normal, although with millions of pixels on the screen, it's normal for the odd user to encounter them, that is also why there's warranty and return policies.
All manufacturers have these issues, they sell millions of them. Not everyone will be happy, there are limitations in current manufacturing, no set is without issue, not led, not plasma, nothing. I agree with the high price we pay, it could/should be better, but facts are facts. Because larger screens show this more, higher end sets are normally bigger.
post #3878 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 08:11 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by got3nks View Post

http://www.2shared.com/video/NUYoY6bS/DSE_Test.html try this one. wink.gif
I'm getting my 65" on Friday or Monday at latest. Feeling a bit scared right now.

They sell millions of them with a small percentage of returns, forums like this tend to have more unhappy users looking for answers then are actually represented by the vast majority of users.
post #3879 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 08:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Read Nitra's recent comments on "Uniformity" with LCD/LED panels.

Here's my experience with the Samsung UN65ES8000 (and Samsung support has been helpful to me):

1. First set came in defective from Paul's TV with crushed right side of container and surprise, solid line on right top side of corresponding panel. Called Paul's TV and they immediately scheduled a replacement.

2. Second set came in - - noticeable vertical banding in that virtually every sports scene (golf, soccer, football, baseball) and even movies showed serious vertical banding - - strips around five to seven inches spaced across the screen. You can look up on the net and see examples as well as within this forum. Called Samsung support - - initially stonewalled the issue but then logged a written complaint. (Best way to document, by the way)

3. Third set was delivered from Samsung via California on September 11th, 2012. August, 2012 build date (Tijuana, MX). So far, so good - - no major banding issues, no flashlighting, no clouding. There is very minor "banding" and it is not uniform - - in that it's not necessarily on the same type of "screen shot" - whether it be sports, news or movies. (CNN comes in flawlessly - - unbelievable picture).

It really has to do with what you can live with and what the alternatives are. The larger the screen, the more visible the issues.

To me - - this is the most incredible picture I've ever seen. Older movies (Directv via my Yamaha RX-A2000) look like they've been filmed yesterday. I watched Caddyshack and the detail was amazing - - right down to the moonroof that Spalding upchucked over.

What is your alternative? Vizio? LG? Sony? Plasma? Sharp? I've looked at all the sets and could not find a better PQ than the Samsung. And we haven't even gotten into 3D, which this TV does incredibly.

So - - my advice is to see how your set performs and if there are noticeable issues for you - - document it with Samsung and exchange, replace or refund.

Hope this helps.

Home Theater Setup
Samsung UN65ES8000 LCD/LED
BenQ W1080ST Projector
Pioneer SC65 (Pre-Amp)
Wyred4Sound MMC-7 Channel Amplifier, 221wpc
OPPO 103, Directv GENIE
Darbee Darblet
ALL Paradigm - 7.1 - Studio 60's, V.2 (FL/FR)
CC-690, V.5 (C)
ADP 590 V.5 (SS)
MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub
post #3880 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitra View Post

Every led/LCD manufacturer has a form of CE-dimming in their sets.
Dead pixels are nor normal, although with millions of pixels on the screen, it's normal for the odd user to encounter them, that is also why there's warranty and return policies.
All manufacturers have these issues, they sell millions of them. Not everyone will be happy, there are limitations in current manufacturing, no set is without issue, not led, not plasma, nothing. I agree with the high price we pay, it could/should be better, but facts are facts. Because larger screens show this more, higher end sets are normally bigger.

Yes but Nitra, come on.. This TV should have the same local Dimmimg hardware as the D8000 does. This TV should be even better than last years model. Samsung should be charging so much for them. I paid less for my D8000 than I did for the ES8000 and the D8000 was rated one of the best LED TV's of 2011.. Even Cnet rated it the best
post #3881 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:

They sell millions of them with a small percentage of returns, forums like this tend to have more unhappy users looking for answers then are actually represented by the vast majority of users.

So Nitra, I have a stuck green/blue pixel in the center. I tried the pixel flipper running for 2 hours. Would you return yours if it had this? I also have slight banding but I'm not too bothered by that since I know it's norm on a set this large and it's not that bad, but would you keep it with this bad pixel right in the center or return it? Can it get worse? And if it does, Samsung won't fix it or replace it because it's just one pixel.. Even though it's a noticeable one
post #3882 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 08:24 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post

Here's my experience with the Samsung UN65ES8000 (and Samsung support has been helpful to me):
1. First set came in defective from Paul's TV with crushed right side of container and surprise, solid line on right top side of corresponding panel. Called Paul's TV and they immediately scheduled a replacement.
2. Second set came in - - noticeable vertical banding in that virtually every sports scene (golf, soccer, football, baseball) and even movies showed serious vertical banding - - strips around five to seven inches spaced across the screen. You can look up on the net and see examples as well as within this forum. Called Samsung support - - initially stonewalled the issue but then logged a written complaint. (Best way to document, by the way)
3. Third set was delivered from Samsung via California on September 11th, 2012. August, 2012 build date (Tijuana, MX). So far, so good - - no major banding issues, no flashlighting, no clouding. There is very minor "banding" and it is not uniform - - in that it's not necessarily on the same type of "screen shot" - whether it be sports, news or movies. (CNN comes in flawlessly - - unbelievable picture).
It really has to do with what you can live with and what the alternatives are. The larger the screen, the more visible the issues.
To me - - this is the most incredible picture I've ever seen. Older movies (Directv via my Yamaha RX-A2000) look like they've been filmed yesterday. I watched Caddyshack and the detail was amazing - - right down to the moonroof that Spalding upchucked over.
What is your alternative? Vizio? LG? Sony? Plasma? Sharp? I've looked at all the sets and could not find a better PQ than the Samsung. And we haven't even gotten into 3D, which this TV does incredibly.
So - - my advice is to see how your set performs and if there are noticeable issues for you - - document it with Samsung and exchange, replace or refund.
Hope this helps.

Thank you for cheering me up. I hope my set can be at least as good as yours, if not better. biggrin.gif

Will keep you guys updated as soon as I reiceive my UE65ES8000. Fingers crossed.
post #3883 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:

Nitra, isn't there a way Samsung can tap into our TV's and see what we are seeing and change settings?

Yes there is, in theory. In fact when I called them 2 days ago about the xvYCC setting not keeping its setting, the first person I spoke with said they would transfer me to another department. She asked if I was connected to the internet, and then said they can patch in so they could see my settings. However, when I got transferred, it never happened - they just asked some questions, tried a couple things on their test set, and that was it. They never actually even mentioned connecting to my tv. Also I had never heard of that before through all my experiences with them, until 2 days ago. So it may be possible, but that doesn't mean they like to do it. That would require them actually caring enough to want to listen to our problems and want to solve them.
post #3884 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The only reason they don't get millions of complaints is because most people have no idea what their tv should even look like. Have you seen the way the average person has their set adjusted? I think it might be safe to just make a wild guess that probably half right off the bat don't even touch the settings. They just turn it on and watch it. It hurts just thinking about it. My girlfriend's relatives have an LCD from a few years ago, and it's crap to begin with, but then they have the colors and contrast waaay over-saturated, and the aspect ratio is wrong so everything is stretched. Its appalling how bad it looks. But that's how they watch it, and have no idea that it isn't good. Most people know absolutely nothing about aspect ratios. Look at any restaurant or bar - everything is always stretched with whatever channel it is tuned to.

The point is, these companies don't care about a few hundred or maybe few thousand people who complain because they sell millions of these sets, and the vast majority have no clue what good or bad looks like. So clouding, flashlighting, banding, auto-dimming, whatever - they don't even know what they're looking at. It's sad but true. So these forums have a few hundred people at any time complaining, but millions more who are clueless, and even though they may have all the same issues with their sets as we do, they have no concept that it shouldn't be like that, or what to do about it. That's why Samsung looks down on threads like this - we're the ones who are aware, and that's a bad thing to a company like Samsung, who doesn't want smart customers.
post #3885 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post

Hope this helps.

Agreed that there aren't really any better alternatives really. All the other companies make sets with lots of issues too. Go read any thread in here on any tv - they all have stupid issues. Things just aren't as easy as it used to be with buying a tv. Things are infinitely more complicated than with CRTs.

And as far as 3D, if you're a big fan of 3D and plan to watch 3D regularly, you shouldn't even be looking at any other sets. Nothing even comes close, and I've tried 2 brands of plasmas and sampled the LG passive sets in-store. This is by far the best 3D, period.
post #3886 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 11:23 AM

Liked: 16
We can also approach it from another way,

We as customers should be well informed by ourselves before we purchase a product. It's maybe a sort of arrogant thinking from a consumer that the creator of what kind of product whatsoever should always share all their details with the customers. If you would compare in to the food industries by example, then you see that for example secret recipes are very common. I know the comparison is preposterous, but we maybe should reconsider the assumption that it's normal for a manufacturer to launch a product while sharing all the details of their product.

Maybe they have a right to be a sort of mysterious ?

For example the Micro Ultimate Dimming future. If Samsung says the tv has it, they are not lying, even if they combine it with another sort of dimming. It's our own responsibility as a consumer to first investigate how such a function works, how it is applied, if it works in conjunction, and if it may be a scam or not. Maybe this is something to take in consideration before we collectively point our finger at Samsung. Don't get me wrong. I want the Micro Ultimate Dimming future to become clear also, and I want at least an good informed answer from Samsung about it.

But maybe we should consider to look at it from a slight different perspective ..
post #3887 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 65
If you're gonna go bigger than a 55" set....here's my advice, just save a headache and get yourself a new 3D capable projector. In the $1000-$1500 range there's the Optoma HD33 and the Epson 3010. Both have gotten great reviews and are plenty bright to give you the pop you see on your LCD sets. If you want to spend into the $2000 range, look into the Panasonic PT-AE7000U 3D LCD Projector, Epson 5010, and the Ben Q W7000. And if top of the line is what you want and money is no object check out the JVC and Sony 3D projectors

Projector technology has come a long way in the last few years, and with the 2012/13 projectors coming out very soon - you should be able to see prices drop even further on the ones that are out now. They do have bulb life to worry about, but if you just save them for your movies and use your tv for the rest you will be set. Then you can rock your 3D movies on a whole wall, or on a 120-200 inch projection screen!

I haven't made the jump yet, but as soon as the time is right I'm going to complement my 55ES8000 with a Optoma HD33 for a more immersive 3D experience and lifelike 2D movies. It just makes sense

What is the meaning of life?
www.iamsecond.com/films
post #3888 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 12:11 PM

The Samsung remote App for the iPad finally works now after you download the new update on it
post #3889 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 12:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:

How can they focus on making these TV's in T.J. Mexico with all the shootings and killings going on.. Their messing up our panels from ducking down ever time they hear a gun shot

LOL... Stop, Drop & Roll!

post #3890 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanhvt View Post

We can also approach it from another way,
We as customers should be well informed by ourselves before we purchase a product. It's maybe a sort of arrogant thinking from a consumer that the creator of what kind of product whatsoever should always share all their details with the customers. If you would compare in to the food industries by example, then you see that for example secret recipes are very common. I know the comparison is preposterous, but we maybe should reconsider the assumption that it's normal for a manufacturer to launch a product while sharing all the details of their product.
Maybe they have a right to be a sort of mysterious ?
For example the Micro Ultimate Dimming future. If Samsung says the tv has it, they are not lying, even if they combine it with another sort of dimming. It's our own responsibility as a consumer to first investigate how such a function works, how it is applied, if it works in conjunction, and if it may be a scam or not. Maybe this is something to take in consideration before we collectively point our finger at Samsung. Don't get me wrong. I want the Micro Ultimate Dimming future to become clear also, and I want at least an good informed answer from Samsung about it.
But maybe we should consider to look at it from a slight different perspective ..

By this logic what you're suggesting is that these very complicated and expensive devices are perfectly okay being released with issues, as well as it being perfectly okay that we as the consumer have no idea actually how it works or how to use it?

These sets have a multitude of settings and a "on" setting here and an "off" setting there can have a significant effect on how it looks. I think since we're the ones paying for these sets, we should know how best to use it. The owners manuals that are included with these things are a joke, including the built-in help file, and does nothing really to explain how the settings actually impact the image. And if we are being marketing a specific feature (micro-dimming for example) then we should certainly know what it is we are paying extra money for.

And they are lying about the sets having micro-dimming - because movie mode doesn't have micro-dimming and neither does any 3D mode. Yet we are not told this at all. We have to just figure it out for ourselves. If I knew back when I was shopping for an LED that micro-dimming was not even available in 3D or in the mode I was most likely to use (movie), I would not have bought the 7500 - the 7100 would have been just fine. I paid extra for micro-dimming pro, because Samsung tells us that it is better. Yet it isn't even available for most of my viewing.

We have every right to know the truth about the features in these sets.

And we have been discussing these issues for months here, and nobody yet really knows what micro-dimming does or when it does it - hell, we had to confirm through Samsung ourselves a few weeks ago that movie mode doesn't even use micro-dimming, and it was Nitra that first suggested that. I didn't know 3D mode didn't use it until I figured it out for myself. If after all this time we're still confused here over micro-dimming, CE-Dimming, auto-dimming, shadow detail, etc. - then how are we to be expected to do our research before we buy? Samsung tells us nothing, and we stumble through the forums comparing notes and figuring it out for ourselves. That ain't right.
post #3891 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm View Post

If you're gonna go bigger than a 55" set....here's my advice, just save a headache and get yourself a new 3D capable projector. In the $1000-$1500 range there's the Optoma HD33 and the Epson 3010. Both have gotten great reviews and are plenty bright to give you the pop you see on your LCD sets. If you want to spend into the $2000 range, look into the Panasonic PT-AE7000U 3D LCD Projector, Epson 5010, and the Ben Q W7000. And if top of the line is what you want and money is no object check out the JVC and Sony 3D projectors
Projector technology has come a long way in the last few years, and with the 2012/13 projectors coming out very soon - you should be able to see prices drop even further on the ones that are out now. They do have bulb life to worry about, but if you just save them for your movies and use your tv for the rest you will be set. Then you can rock your 3D movies on a whole wall, or on a 120-200 inch projection screen!
I haven't made the jump yet, but as soon as the time is right I'm going to complement my 55ES8000 with a Optoma HD33 for a more immersive 3D experience and lifelike 2D movies. It just makes sense

In our home in LA we have a 20 seat theater room with a projector and only use it strictly for movies. We don't even have a cable box connected to it. I was going to buy the ES9000 but after I found out its basically a D8000 in a 75" for $9K I said forget about it. Honestly, if they dropped the price to $6K or even $6,500 I would totally buy it but no way for $9K. That $9k is reserved for when 4K or OLED in a huge size comes out.
gamermwm likes this.
post #3892 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 12:24 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 View Post

By this logic what you're suggesting is that these very complicated and expensive devices are perfectly okay being released with issues, as well as it being perfectly okay that we as the consumer have no idea actually how it works or how to use it?
These sets have a multitude of settings and a "on" setting here and an "off" setting there can have a significant effect on how it looks. I think since we're the ones paying for these sets, we should know how best to use it. The owners manuals that are included with these things are a joke, including the built-in help file, and does nothing really to explain how the settings actually impact the image. And if we are being marketing a specific feature (micro-dimming for example) then we should certainly know what it is we are paying extra money for.
And they are lying about the sets having micro-dimming - because movie mode doesn't have micro-dimming and neither does any 3D mode. Yet we are not told this at all. We have to just figure it out for ourselves. If I knew back when I was shopping for an LED that micro-dimming was not even available in 3D or in the mode I was most likely to use (movie), I would not have bought the 7500 - the 7100 would have been just fine. I paid extra for micro-dimming pro, because Samsung tells us that it is better. Yet it isn't even available for most of my viewing.
We have every right to know the truth about the features in these sets.

No, I'm actually not stating that. Re-read my post. I'm stating that the promise for a function, even if this function is combined, is not a false promise.
post #3893 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanhvt View Post

No, I'm actually not stating that. Re-read my post. I'm stating that the promise for a function, even if this function is combined, is not a false promise.

I added some extra thoughts to my above post while you were commenting. As I mentioned above, it is a false promise if we're told how great micro-dimming is, but not told it has no effect in 3D or movie modes. That borders on false advertising.
post #3894 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:

I added some extra thoughts to my above post while you were commenting. As I mentioned above, it is a false promise if wer'e told how great micro-dimming is, butnot told it has no effect in 3D or movie modes. That borders on false advertising.

Is that illegal to do?
post #3895 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Is that illegal to do?

Honestly I'm not sure. It may be. There are laws against false advertising. It's certainly unethical at the very least. I could have researched 'til the cows came home and still would not have discovered before I bought the set that micro-dimming was unavailable in movie and 3D modes, because it was only a few weeks ago that this came up in the forums. So I paid for a feature I was told will improve the set, which in reality isn't even functioning.

The thing that scares me is, what happens if they enable micro-dimming in movie mode all of a sudden? Will that mean movie mode will have auto-dimming then like the other modes? It shouldn't, but because of all the mystery, we really have no idea what is tied into what. If so I would consider the set officially broken then, since at least I've got movie mode to avoid the auto-dimming.
post #3896 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 12:48 PM

Just got off the phone with my main contact at the OOP.. She's no nice unlike who I talked to yesterday. anyhow, she's going to see what the deal is with the Micro dimming not working in movie mode..
post #3897 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:

Honestly I'm not sure. It may be. There are laws against false advertising. It's certainly unethical at the very least. I could have researched 'til the cows came home and still would not have discovered before I bought the set that micro-dimming was unavailable in movie and 3D modes, because it was only a few weeks ago that this came up in the forums. So I paid for a feature I was told will improve the set, which in reality isn't even functioning.
The thing that scares me is, what happens if they enable micro-dimming in movie mode all of a sudden? Will that mean movie mode will have auto-dimming then like the other modes? It shouldn't, but because of all the mystery, we really have no idea what is tied into what. If so I would consider the set officially broken then, since at least I've got movie mode to avoid the auto-dimming.

Exactly.. That's why we need more info from Samsung. Maybe it's like this just temporary until they figure something out. Who knows.. But I told her that a lot of people want to know. Hopefully now that I spoke to her, we get some info on this situation.
post #3898 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguyjake View Post

LOL... Stop, Drop & Roll!

Your the only one that got that. Seriously, I've been to T.J Mexico since its only a 2-3 hour drive from my house and it ain't pretty. Dead dogs all over the streets .. Gangs everywhere.. It's crazy
post #3899 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I am new to this forum, and I will take delivery of a Samsung UN65ES8000 tomorrow (Abt Electronics). It replaces my old 56" Samsung DLP 1080i model that I bought in 2005 (state of the art then, they didn't have LCDs that big and didn't have 1080p in DLP either lol). Interesting thread, especially the part about the microdimming feature. I was impressed by that in the ads, thinking it was superior to the Sharp model that splits it into quarters. I'm not anywhere near as tech saavy as you people, but I'm looking forward to this unit. One post said that the average viewer (me) doesn't have any idea how to set up the display, they just run it out of the box. My question is: how do I optimize it? At least steer me to a place that explains it. Also, my surround amp is probably like 12 years old, it has DSP and 5.01 and I have good Paradigm speakers. Should that be good enough for these times? Thanks in advance for your help, this is a cool forum.

Samsung ES8000 65", Evo Kit installed, Yamaha AVR with Paradigm speakers, iMac, iPad, Apple TV and HTC One phone.
post #3900 of 16260 Old 09-19-2012, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Just got off the phone with my main contact at the OOP.. She's no nice unlike who I talked to yesterday. anyhow, she's going to see what the deal is with the Micro dimming not working in movie mode..

Thank you for pursuing this. I hope Samsung is starting to feel the heat finally.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Displays , Samsung Un46es8000 Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page