Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread - Page 181 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5401 of 16240 Old 10-12-2012, 05:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 60
That's some great info right there and thanks for testing that out - good to know!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5402 of 16240 Old 10-12-2012, 01:29 PM

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Gosselin View Post

I was in a pub last Saturday night, and drank a few, and noticed two
very large women by the bar. They both had pretty strong accents, so I asked
"Hey, are you two ladies from Ireland?"
One of them chirped saying,
"It's WALES , you idiot!"
So, I immediately apologized and said,
"I'm sorry. Are you two whales from Ireland?"
That's pretty much the last thing I remember... ;o))
jeez... tough crowd.

post #5403 of 16240 Old 10-12-2012, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Ha, I meant to comment on this because yesterday I sent this joke to my dad and wife. smile.gif

post #5404 of 16240 Old 10-12-2012, 02:24 PM

pretty quiet thread today. has any one tried turbo's tip; turning up the rbg in white balance a notch? I'm still stuck at work and been waiting for someone to try it and comment...

post #5405 of 16240 Old 10-12-2012, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm on my way home. WOW disc and AVS files say I'm good to go as is so I didn't bother actually trying it.

post #5406 of 16240 Old 10-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 81
A long time friend calls his buddy to see how his honeymoon went - "Hey Joe, how was Hawaii? How's the new married man?"

Joe responds, "It's over. It's done. We're getting a divorce. There's no chance."

"I can't believe this!" - his best friend says. "You can't give up this quickly. You can't give up on the marriage. DO SOMETHING!!! See a priest - - sign up for counseling, don't quit on your marriage without trying to save it!"

Taking the advice of his friend, Joe and his new wife decide to try counseling to save their marriage. After sitting down with the counselor, he starts the session - "Well, this is a very big step for the two of you. And you should be commended for doing everything you can to save your marriage."

The counselor continues...."O.K. - let's start out with something easy. There was/is obviously an affection and commitment between you two otherwise you wouldn't have gotten married."

"Why don't we start off this way - - why don't one of you tell me what you both have in common?" To which Joe quickly raised his hand and responded, "Yea - we both don't like to give blow jobs!" smile.gif

Home Theater Setup
Samsung UN65ES8000 LCD/LED
BenQ W1080ST Projector
Pioneer SC65 (Pre-Amp)
Wyred4Sound MMC-7 Channel Amplifier, 221wpc
OPPO 103, Directv GENIE
Darbee Darblet
ALL Paradigm - 7.1 - Studio 60's, V.2 (FL/FR)
CC-690, V.5 (C)
ADP 590 V.5 (SS)
MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub
post #5407 of 16240 Old 10-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 56
One day Mr. Smith, the president of a large corporation, called his vice-president, Dave, into his office and said, "We're making some cutbacks, so either Jack or Barbara will have to be laid off." Dave looked at Mr. Smith and said, "Barbara is my best worker, but Jack has a wife and three kids. I don't know whom to fire."
The next morning Dave waited for his employees to arrive. Barbara was the first to come in, so Dave said, "Barbara, I've got a problem. You see, I've got to lay you or Jack off and I don't know what to do?" Barbara replied, "You'd better jack off. I've got a headache."
post #5408 of 16240 Old 10-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Advanced Member

Also, one of life's great truths....

Don't suffer from stress!

Try treating life in the same manner as a dog!

When faced with something new ask yourself this:

Can I eat it??? No

Can I shag it??? No

Then piss on it & walk away!!!
post #5409 of 16240 Old 10-12-2012, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Slow day but it's been a good one haha. Too bad I'm not funny though frown.gif I read well though so keep 'em coming.

post #5410 of 16240 Old 10-12-2012, 05:00 PM

Liked: 10
couple questions for owners of this tv..
i think i have always been able to play certain files on my tv (either by samsung all share or by networked dlna off my networked pc) i havnt done it very often that is why i cant remember for sure. but i am almost certain i was able to play mkv and avi files via dlna from my pc.. can anyone else confirm that there 7500 or 8000 model does in fact play mkv or avi files...
i can go to the source button on remote and go to our networked pc and can see the shared folders but when i go into the video folder the tv cannot see any files.. there should be 2 of them.. 1 mkv and 1 avi movie i downloaded to my pc..
has an update stopped this or something?
post #5411 of 16240 Old 10-12-2012, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Who is joining me in a virtual drink?

post #5412 of 16240 Old 10-12-2012, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm not a good person to answer this because I have everything running on a Mac through an Apple TV, but if I remember correctly, the TV will only play certain codecs. Like avi is a container but how was the file converted? That kind of thing. You may need to reconvert it for the TV to be able to play it. Do they make Handbrake for PCs?

post #5413 of 16240 Old 10-12-2012, 05:29 PM

ok got the tv to play the mkv through samsung allshare by renaming the file to a .avi and worked perfectly.. but from what i've read this tv should play mkv files?/... still cant see the file via dlna has to be through the allshare server? that is weird also..
has to be a glitch in my network maybe?
oh well
why cant things work as they supposed to smile.gif
post #5414 of 16240 Old 10-12-2012, 05:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slreno View Post

couple questions for owners of this tv..
i think i have always been able to play certain files on my tv (either by samsung all share or by networked dlna off my networked pc) i havnt done it very often that is why i cant remember for sure. but i am almost certain i was able to play mkv and avi files via dlna from my pc.. can anyone else confirm that there 7500 or 8000 model does in fact play mkv or avi files...
i can go to the source button on remote and go to our networked pc and can see the shared folders but when i go into the video folder the tv cannot see any files.. there should be 2 of them.. 1 mkv and 1 avi movie i downloaded to my pc..
has an update stopped this or something?

Mine plays them fine.
Keep in mind, mkv is a container. It all depends on what's in the container.
post #5415 of 16240 Old 10-12-2012, 08:36 PM

I have been aay OS for a month and left the TV at home. Just got home and turned the power back on.... first thing it does is update software to 001014. When did this come out??? It could have been anytime since mid September. My set is 55ES8000 By the way, my set's prefix is UA as I am in Australia.
post #5416 of 16240 Old 10-13-2012, 06:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnoch View Post

Garnoch - was offline when you sent this message but you can be assured that I joined in on the TGIF virtual (and actual) drink! (Multiple times....)

Home Theater Setup
BenQ W1080ST Projector
Pioneer SC65 (Pre-Amp)
OPPO 103, Directv GENIE
Darbee Darblet
CC-690, V.5 (C)
ADP 590 V.5 (SS)
post #5417 of 16240 Old 10-13-2012, 06:14 AM
Advanced Member

RE: 3D Bluray Content

Interesting review on "The Best Of" 3D content currently available. They missed a couple but that's to be expected since new 3D movies are being released all the time.

http://www.empireonline.com/promotions/20-best-3d-films/default.asp

Also - just joined 3D Bluray Rental with my first selection being Prometheus. I ordered the disc today, so we'll see how it goes.

3D Bluray rental has virtually all of the content listed in the website above. Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter as well as Men in Black III will soon be available.

Should be a fun ride for 3D movies on the Sammy set. I'll provide a write up after a month or so - - my goal is a minimum of three movies a month, four if possible. That will justify the $ 15.99/month subscription price. If I really like the movie, I can buy it online for the cheapest price to add it to my collection.

Home Theater Setup
BenQ W1080ST Projector
Pioneer SC65 (Pre-Amp)
OPPO 103, Directv GENIE
Darbee Darblet
CC-690, V.5 (C)
ADP 590 V.5 (SS)
post #5418 of 16240 Old 10-13-2012, 07:11 AM
Advanced Member

Scientists have discovered a food that diminishes a woman's sex drive by 90%..
It's called a Wedding Cake.
post #5419 of 16240 Old 10-13-2012, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Well, after getting my new equipment to work properly I have what is a very nice looking picture. I wish Samsung would enable the 10p white balance setting in STD mode.....I don't get why they disable it? Now on to HDMI-2 and movie mode calibration. I do like the new Calman C-6 meter profiled to my X-rite i1pro. I did struggle with Red/Blue trying to dial in CMS. Still would like some added range of adjustment but this is where you find the limits of the CMS.

Rick
post #5420 of 16240 Old 10-13-2012, 09:34 AM

Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post

Well, after getting my new equipment to work properly I have what is a very nice looking picture. I wish Samsung would enable the 10p white balance setting in STD mode.....I don't get why they disable it? Now on to HDMI-2 and movie mode calibration. I do like the new Calman C-6 meter profiled to my X-rite i1pro. I did struggle with Red/Blue trying to dial in CMS. Still would like some added range of adjustment but this is where you find the limits of the CMS.

Any adjustments you could share? Curious to see if there are any real variances from what has been posted here.
post #5421 of 16240 Old 10-13-2012, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 51
Quote:

Off topic but here's recent short interview with Sir Ridley Scott.....
http://www.metro.co.uk/film/914651-ridley-scott-blade-runner-sequel-is-no-rumour-its-happening

There is a rumour you’ll be making a Blade Runner sequel.
It’s not a rumour – it’s happening. With Harrison Ford? I don’t know yet. Is he too old? Well, he was a Nexus-6 so we don’t know how long he can live [laughs]. And that’s all I’m going to say at this stage.
And Aintitcool had this to say about the Prometheus BD....."
.....obviously I'd love a sequel but...harrison is like 1011 years old now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitra View Post

Husband says to wife "my Olympic condoms have arrived, I think I'll wear gold tonight."
Wife says "why don't you wear silver and come second for a change".
And with that, I'm off to work.
....effing hilarious!!!

Quote:

Also, one of life's great truths....
Don't suffer from stress!
Try treating life in the same manner as a dog!
When faced with something new ask yourself this:

Can I eat it??? No
Can I shag it??? No
Then piss on it & walk away!!!
.....Bloody MORE hilarious!!!!

Quote:

...i did!

Quote:

Scientists have discovered a food that diminishes a woman's sex drive by 90%..
It's called a Wedding Cake.
...Bloody ROTFL hilarious!!!

and...Regarding Square Trade; my wide wanted me to renew our membership so I did BUT....lady at Costco says Square trade has to be done within 60 days of purchase...I got mine on or about 6/6 so I guess i'll have to keep that Capitol1 cc at a zero balance for a few years as my insurance.

Love for all things Hi-def...Losing count; 200 plus bluray, 500 plus dvd, 30 plus HDdvd and a rapidly growing 50 plus in the cloud.

post #5422 of 16240 Old 10-13-2012, 10:23 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Op's Guy View Post

Any adjustments you could share? Curious to see if there are any real variances from what has been posted here.

I'm at work today. I'll post the numbers when I get home for STD mode.
sillycargt4cs likes this.

Rick
post #5423 of 16240 Old 10-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Advanced Member

A suicide bomber runs into a pet shop and shouts 'you've all got 30 seconds to get out', a tortoise at the back shouts ' YOU PRICK!
post #5424 of 16240 Old 10-13-2012, 03:22 PM

Liked: 33
"If one brother has six brother's, and each of his brother's has six brother's, how many brother's would there be?"
post #5425 of 16240 Old 10-13-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Op's Guy View Post

"If one brother has six brother's, and each of his brother's has six brother's, how many brother's would there be?"
6 actually there are7 total

post #5426 of 16240 Old 10-13-2012, 06:25 PM

Liked: 16
A poor guy has no money to buy smokes. So he starts looking for burned out smokes on the street. He discovered that with 7 burned out smokes, he is able to make one new. If the poor guy collects 49 burned out smokes, how many smokes can he reproduce ?
post #5427 of 16240 Old 10-13-2012, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post

hello
Can you also show the calibration results, not just the settings. Would be interesting to compare to my post (5005).

In particular, what is your minimum black level and contrast ratio. I am asking because I dont seem to get the black level that is reported by review sites.

I get a black level of 0.08cd/m2 at a peak white of 150cd/cm2, both in movie mode and standard mode. This is measured with a checkerboard pattern, in order to avoid dimming features kicking in.

Thanks

post #5428 of 16240 Old 10-13-2012, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanhvt View Post

A poor guy has no money to buy smokes. So he starts looking for burned out smokes on the street. He discovered that with 7 burned out smokes, he is able to make one new. If the poor guy collects 49 burned out smokes, how many smokes can he reproduce ?

post #5429 of 16240 Old 10-13-2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboman123 View Post

post #5430 of 16240 Old 10-14-2012, 03:32 AM

Liked: 12
Thankyou to all in this thread.in particular
Nitra
turboman123
RickS

Nitra are you able to post your calibration report please as I would be interesting to compare with turboman123's results
And the geeksquard one floating about
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Displays , Samsung Un46es8000 Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page