Forum Jump: 

post #10081 of 16215 Old 01-14-2013, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunclover View Post

Is anyone having an issue where the "Smart Hub" screen will flicker into a show when watching TV? I noticed this after leaving the TV off for about a week. I've only has my 60es8000 for 2 months. When I'm watching TiVo. During a show I have noticed three times now in 2 days the Smart Hub screen will quickly flicker in and then disappear,

There is a known issue of a very brief flash of the SmartHub screen approximately 2 minutes after turning on the set, regardless of source material being used (cable box, Tivo, DVD, etc.). We're all waiting for a fix. I am guessing that you've only seen this shortly after turning on the set and not during extended viewing periods?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10082 of 16215 Old 01-14-2013, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboman123 View Post

We all have different options, different priorities and different choices.

In my case, I wanted a VT50. But here in Hong Kong, it is 2 to 3 times the price of US. And if it would have buzzing, IR or low light output like in Europe, it would be money down the drain.
Then there is the Wife Factor. Said our 6year old Sony is just doing fine.

When I saw a 55ES8000 shop display with a strongly reduced price, Wife Factor was eliminated. (Not the Wife).

Now I have a 55ES8000 with flashlighting. Still better than the old Sony which was like a lighthouse when displaying black. Tolerable with my calibration of post 8007.

Wife happy. Me happy (for a while).

Hey Turbo, been meaning to thank you. I have incorporated your settings on movie mode and they are fantastic. I made 3 changes. I turned on AMP to clear, dynamic contrast to medium, and (can't remember the name ) to dark.

I know changing to dark will crush blacks just a little but no where near what standard mode did when brightness is decreased. I also set my backlight to 11. My set has almost no clouding or flashlighting so the backlight of 11 is fine.

anyways, I haven't been happier with the set. Thanks!!!
post #10083 of 16215 Old 01-14-2013, 12:02 PM

Liked: 10
I hope folks don't mind but this question is for a UNxxES7500 (where I also posted), but since this thread has 50x the posts and it pertains to a feature on the 8000, I thought I would ask here....

My parents bought this set and I'm of course I'm installing it for them. Unfortunately,they have an old A/V receiver that doesn't have any digital audio inputs so while installing the set for them I connected the TV to their receiver by using a 3.5 to RCA cable via the "Audio Out Mini Jack" on the TV. That way they can use the TV's Netflix app. They only have a L/R speaker setup but the problem is that one of the channels (left specifically) is extremely low, basically 95% of the sound is coming out of one speaker.

Does anybody else have their audio setup using the analog audio connects and does it sound okay?

Thanks!
post #10084 of 16215 Old 01-14-2013, 12:13 PM

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunclover View Post

Is anyone having an issue where the "Smart Hub" screen will flicker into a show when watching TV? I noticed this after leaving the TV off for about a week. I've only has my 60es8000 for 2 months. When I'm watching TiVo. During a show I have noticed three times now in 2 days the Smart Hub screen will quickly flicker in and then disappear,
That's happend to several people here (no me though). From what I gather noone's found a cause. They hope that a Smarthub update fixes it. We have established the Smarthub will update automatically when one opens it unlike the TV where you have to agree to a firmware update. All of the Apps go away and they slowly come back during the update. I figure it has to do with the apps like Amazon, Netflix, VuDu that Samsung gets paid to have on the TV.
rckrz6 likes this.

Samsung ES8000 65", Evo Kit installed, Yamaha AVR with Paradigm speakers, iMac, iPad, Apple TV and HTC One phone.
post #10085 of 16215 Old 01-14-2013, 12:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opuntia View Post

I hope folks don't mind but this question is for a UNxxES7500 (where I also posted), but since this thread has 50x the posts and it pertains to a feature on the 8000, I thought I would ask here....

My parents bought this set and I'm of course I'm installing it for them. Unfortunately,they have an old A/V receiver that doesn't have any digital audio inputs so while installing the set for them I connected the TV to their receiver by using a 3.5 to RCA cable via the "Audio Out Mini Jack" on the TV. That way they can use the TV's Netflix app. They only have a L/R speaker setup but the problem is that one of the channels (left specifically) is extremely low, basically 95% of the sound is coming out of one speaker.

Does anybody else have their audio setup using the analog audio connects and does it sound okay?

Thanks!

That doesn't sound like an optimal setup but I'm sure you know that. And if it's really an old AVR - - have you looked into a simple "sound bar" for your folks? That way, you could get rid of the AVR receiver for the TV (unless it's used for radio or CD?) - and simplify their life.

It appears that they only have two speakers to begin with? A soundbar would add another dimension to their listening enjoyment and it would be a lot louder (and more audible) than their current setup. I'm sure you do not have a full blown, 5.1 or 7.1 setup with that receiver (and they might not want it anyway - - my Mom always hated wires regardless of the sound!)

Sorry if this is not the answer you were looking for but I think you're trying to make the best out of a bad audio problem and I'm not sure how fixable this is.

Home Theater Setup
Samsung UN65ES8000 LCD/LED
BenQ W1080ST Projector
Pioneer SC65 (Pre-Amp)
Wyred4Sound MMC-7 Channel Amplifier, 221wpc
OPPO 103, Directv GENIE
Darbee Darblet
ALL Paradigm - 7.1 - Studio 60's, V.2 (FL/FR)
CC-690, V.5 (C)
ADP 590 V.5 (SS)
MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub
post #10086 of 16215 Old 01-14-2013, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnoch View Post

Congrats, Cmay. That 3D issue was crazy to hear about.

Thanks Garnoch.... I'm now pleased with the 3D performance of the 60ES8000. I would have felt like a major tool if it really was something as silly as forgetting to recharge the glasses or incorrect setting, but as I mentioned before, glad I gave it one last try. Lucky number 7 so to speak as it was the 7th Es8000 panel.

The only thing I wish the es8000 did better 3d wise would be the correct depth for certain background elements. Mo949 mentioned this in one of his recent posts in here after he got his 65VT50 about how he was impressed with the depth of backgrounds on the VT50 compared to the ES8000s. Now that I have had a chance to view more 3D material on the ES8000s I completely understand what he was meaning. I think the VT50 creates the correct depth for certain background elements much better (I noticed on a few occasions that background elements on the ES8000 seemed to be misplaced or slightly hazy) but at the expense of creating cross talk with certain foreground elements, where as the ES8000 does the exact opposite and excels at correct depth for foreground and popouts with minimal crosstalk, but at the expense of certain background elements. This is one of those details I think can only be noticed if one has spent alot of time with both of the panels, which Mo949 was able to do.
post #10087 of 16215 Old 01-14-2013, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opuntia View Post

Thanks!

This sounds like a bad connection. I would guess one of the following for the left channel connection....
-One of the leads aren't pushed on all the way (some can be tight)
-Cable is bad
-Connector on AVR is bad (try a different input)
-Connector on the TV is bad
It's also possible that the mini connector isn't actually pushed in all the way. Push it in and twirl it a little.
post #10088 of 16215 Old 01-14-2013, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmay91472 View Post

Thanks Garnoch.... I'm now pleased with the 3D performance of the 60ES8000. I would have felt like a major tool if it really was something as silly as forgetting to recharge the glasses or incorrect setting, but as I mentioned before, glad I gave it one last try. Lucky number 7 so to speak as it was the 7th Es8000 panel.

The only thing I wish the es8000 did better 3d wise would be the correct depth for certain background elements. Mo949 mentioned this in one of his recent posts in here after he got his 65VT50 about how he was impressed with the depth of backgrounds on the VT50 compared to the ES8000s. Now that I have had a chance to view more 3D material on the ES8000s I completely understand what he was meaning. I think the VT50 creates the correct depth for certain background elements much better (I noticed on a few occasions that background elements on the ES8000 seemed to be misplaced or slightly hazy) but at the expense of creating cross talk with certain foreground elements, where as the ES8000 does the exact opposite and excels at correct depth for foreground and popouts with minimal crosstalk, but at the expense of certain background elements. This is one of those details I think can only be noticed if one has spent alot of time with both of the panels, which Mo949 was able to do.

No one does it perfectly yet I guess. I do know what you mean though and we talked about it long ago on The Avengers. Background, specifically backgrounds that are blurred, can often look odd and hazy and mess with your eyes quite a bit.

Lucky number 7, I'd hate to see how bad number 13 would have been.
post #10089 of 16215 Old 01-14-2013, 12:59 PM

Liked: 12
So are you UNxxES8000 owners ok with the viewing angle deficiencies of LED TV, and just accepting of it and don't really use the TV from angles so it doesn't matter?
I've had my 60" a few weeks now and overall very happy, but the angle views are just horrid, washed out color, pixelated and blocky, partially due to the UVerse signal I guess, but a well known issue with LED technology is that it doesn't view well from angles.

Which isn't a HUGE deal to me, I mean 90% of my viewing is straight on anyway, but if I were to host a watch party and we sat around the couch and room, there would be angle issues.
Guess I just have to live with this or trade in for a Plasma huh? The thing that threw me over to the LED side of the decision of LED vs. Plasma was being "burnt" by burn in on an older Sony rear projection TV set, my Xbox video games burned into the TV back in the early 2000's, so hearing about Plasma having burn in issues, scared me away, as well as really needing a darker room for Plasma. I don't have a dedicated theater room, so its in the living room with two big east windows and other ambient light of the house, so LED just made sense.

Guess maybe I need to just accept the viewing angle deficiencies and move on being totally happy without them...? confused.gif
post #10090 of 16215 Old 01-14-2013, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Question for those owners who have a game system hooked up, I recently hooked up my original 60gfat PS3. Even picked up copies of Uncharted 3 and Gran Turismo 5. I noticed there is a "game mode" setting that was in some obscure place while I was messing around with the 65ES8000. Now that I have a keeper, I'm going to actually finally try to play some games. What are the advantages and/or disadvantages for those that have used this mode per say. Looking forward to it since the PS3 was in the closet for a couple years until just the other day I dusted off and hooked up to the 65.
post #10091 of 16215 Old 01-14-2013, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjmccord View Post

So are you UNxxES8000 owners ok with the viewing angle deficiencies of LED TV, and just accepting of it and don't really use the TV from angles so it doesn't matter?
I've had my 60" a few weeks now and overall very happy, but the angle views are just horrid, washed out color, pixelated and blocky, partially due to the UVerse signal I guess, but a well known issue with LED technology is that it doesn't view well from angles.

Which isn't a HUGE deal to me, I mean 90% of my viewing is straight on anyway, but if I were to host a watch party and we sat around the couch and room, there would be angle issues.
Guess I just have to live with this or trade in for a Plasma huh? The thing that threw me over to the LED side of the decision of LED vs. Plasma was being "burnt" by burn in on an older Sony rear projection TV set, my Xbox video games burned into the TV back in the early 2000's, so hearing about Plasma having burn in issues, scared me away, as well as really needing a darker room for Plasma. I don't have a dedicated theater room, so its in the living room with two big east windows and other ambient light of the house, so LED just made sense.

Guess maybe I need to just accept the viewing angle deficiencies and move on being totally happy without them...? confused.gif

Chris, actual "Burn In" on today's plasmas is virtually non existent. What you will have is image retention. The difference is image retention always goes away..... at some point. For instance, I severely "IR" ed the OPPO logo on to the center of my 65VT50. It took a couple weeks for it to go completely away..... but it did. Obviously IR is still annoying and a deal breaker for many in regards to plasma, but I would not view IR as a reason to stay away from plasma. However, there are other issues such as buzzing, lack of brightness for daytime viewing, dithering, etc that would play more of a factor when choosing plasma vs LED.
post #10092 of 16215 Old 01-14-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:

Chris, actual "Burn In" on today's plasmas is virtually non existent. What you will have is image retention. The difference is image retention always goes away..... at some point. For instance, I severely "IR" ed the OPPO logo on to the center of my 65VT50. It took a couple weeks for it to go completely away..... but it did. Obviously IR is still annoying and a deal breaker for many in regards to plasma, but I would not view IR as a reason to stay away from plasma. However, there are other issues such as buzzing, lack of brightness for daytime viewing, dithering, etc that would play more of a factor when choosing plasma vs LED.

Ok, I thought that burn in was gone with these new gen Plasmas...thats good news.

Good points. And so probably weighing all those factors, the LED is why I probably chose and should stick with it huh? Buzzing would bug me, daytime viewing is not that critical, 70% night time viewer here, when at work 5 days a week, dithering I'm not familiar with that term? I think my 30" Mac Cinema Display has the IR you speak of, which does go away, but is annoying and not the best thing.

Guess based on my situation and needs LED fits the criteria best, there is no one perfect set to make me feel 100% happy, but to minimize the deficiencies is the way to go.
post #10093 of 16215 Old 01-14-2013, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ok, I thought that burn in was gone with these new gen Plasmas...thats good news.

Good points. And so probably weighing all those factors, the LED is why I probably chose and should stick with it huh? Buzzing would bug me, daytime viewing is not that critical, 70% night time viewer here, when at work 5 days a week, dithering I'm not familiar with that term? I think my 30" Mac Cinema Display has the IR you speak of, which does go away, but is annoying and not the best thing.

Guess based on my situation and needs LED fits the criteria best, there is no one perfect set to make me feel 100% happy, but to minimize the deficiencies is the way to go.

Definitely, especially if you have a good 60es8000 panel which it sounds like you do from previous posts. Myself, buzzing was a huge factor in switching to led due to having young kids and not wanting to shake the whole house with loud volume.

Did you ever take advantage of bb upgrade n save?
post #10094 of 16215 Old 01-14-2013, 01:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:

Question for those owners who have a game system hooked up, I recently hooked up my original 60gfat PS3. Even picked up copies of Uncharted 3 and Gran Turismo 5. I noticed there is a "game mode" setting that was in some obscure place while I was messing around with the 65ES8000. Now that I have a keeper, I'm going to actually finally try to play some games. What are the advantages and/or disadvantages for those that have used this mode per say. Looking forward to it since the PS3 was in the closet for a couple years until just the other day I dusted off and hooked up to the 65.

Game Mode

Advantages: Cuts lag down to almost unnoticeable amount. Good for competitive online multiplayer - not really neccesary for all one player games imo. Just make sure that if you adjust the settings in game mode, not to turn a lot of picture processing modes on (Dynamic Contrast etc.) as these will actually increase the lag and defeat the purpose of using game mode

Disadvantages: Makes the picture look naked and "ugly" in many people's opinion. Standard mode only. Brighter. Uncalibrated it can be a little rough but turn the backlight/brightness settings down a few notches lower than you would normally have them and match your usual standard mode settings as much as possible (minus any extra picture processing modes)

post #10095 of 16215 Old 01-14-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:

Definitely, especially if you have a good 60es8000 panel which it sounds like you do from previous posts. Myself, buzzing was a huge factor in switching to led due to having young kids and not wanting to shake the whole house with loud volume.

Did you ever take advantage of bb upgrade n save?

No, I started to look at my DVD collection, but didn't have time to weed out what I could get rid of to trade in. I have time still right, it just started Sunday?
post #10096 of 16215 Old 01-14-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm View Post

Game Mode

Advantages: Cuts lag down to almost unnoticeable amount. Good for competitive online multiplayer - not really neccesary for all one player games imo. Just make sure that if you adjust the settings in game mode, not to turn a lot of picture processing modes on (Dynamic Contrast etc.) as these will actually increase the lag and defeat the purpose of using game mode

Disadvantages: Makes the picture look naked and "ugly" in many people's opinion. Standard mode only. Brighter. Uncalibrated it can be a little rough but turn the backlight/brightness settings down a few notches lower than you would normally have them and match your usual standard mode settings as much as possible (minus any extra picture processing modes)

So when you say "LAG" you mean screen lag, because I don't think the TV game mode is going to cut down on network lag which is entirely different, right? I've never noticed "screen lag", its usually network lag on the online games right?
post #10097 of 16215 Old 01-14-2013, 03:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm View Post

Game Mode

I did some testing on this as well. Compared to Movie mode with all the image processing options turned on, Game mode is definitely noticeably faster in FPS games. I dont think it makes too much of a difference in most games though, I would estimate that the lag even in the worst case is only 1-3 frames.

Related to that, I did some testing with renaming the HDMI1 input to "DVI-PC". From my own observations, DVI-PC is basically the same as "game" mode. One advantage is that it seems to appropriately recognize and handle 0-255 RGB input in DVI-PC mode. Using this mode I was able to set up my NVIDIA based HTPC to output RGB 0-255 (using this app to fix the broken driver behavior for hdmi output: http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=83 ), AVR to passthru HDMI and 0-255, and TV to expect 0-255. End result is that I was able to get full range RGB from the HTPC with proper black and white levels according to the test patterns.

The downside is that the PC "standard" mode has a lot of the same "ugly" that game mode has, and many picture processing options are grayed out in the picture menu. Interestingly there is a new picture mode called "entertain" which becomes available when you rename to DVI-PC, but who knows what that does.

In the end I went back to Movie mode to get a much nicer picture to my eyes and just deal with the knowledge that my pc gaming is getting crushed blacks due to the games expecting 0-255 and my video pipeline being 16-235. Hopefully this helps someone...
post #10098 of 16215 Old 01-14-2013, 04:08 PM

Quote:

So when you say "LAG" you mean screen lag, because I don't think the TV game mode is going to cut down on network lag which is entirely different, right? I've never noticed "screen lag", its usually network lag on the online games right?

Yeah, screen lag - as in the time between you inputting a controller command, and seeing the graphical representation of your action carried out onscreen.
post #10099 of 16215 Old 01-14-2013, 04:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by DravensPain View Post

Yeah, screen lag - as in the time between you inputting a controller command, and seeing the graphical representation of your action carried out onscreen.
Here's an article from anandtech which goes into and explains the entire "lag chain". Very good reading if you are interested - http://www.anandtech.com/show/2803
post #10100 of 16215 Old 01-14-2013, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post

Here's an article from anandtech which goes into and explains the entire "lag chain". Very good reading if you are interested - http://www.anandtech.com/show/2803

Nice article, 10k! You know, I would think this is one area that the Evo Kit should help. With a quad more cpu and a faster gpu, there should be less lag, not just with gaming but also with the sync issue some of us see at times deepening on how much visual processing is going on based on how many extra menu items we have turned on - Black Tone, etc. In fact, those of us delaying audio with our AVRs, may need to change our delay setting if we install the Evo Kit.
post #10101 of 16215 Old 01-14-2013, 05:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:

Right, I'm not talking about network lag. But input lag can also make a difference when you are playing a competitive fast-paced multiplayer game. This AVS topic pretty much covers it:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1131464/input-lag-wars-post-your-input-lag-results-of-your-lcd-display-here-for-reference
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post

I did some testing on this as well. Compared to Movie mode with all the image processing options turned on, Game mode is definitely noticeably faster in FPS games. I dont think it makes too much of a difference in most games though, I would estimate that the lag even in the worst case is only 1-3 frames.

Right on. In games such as Call of Duty's online multiplayer, you would absolutely want to use Game Mode and shouldn't be overly concerned about the loss in picture quality. But while playing something like Mass Effect 3 singleplayer or Skyrim - it's not really neccesary and doesn't outweigh the con's of using game mode
Quote:

Nice article, 10k! You know, I would think this is one area that the Evo Kit should help. With a quad more cpu and a faster gpu, there should be less lag, not just with gaming but also with the sync issue some of us see at times deepening on how much visual processing is going on based on how many extra menu items we have turned on - Black Tone, etc. In fact, those of us delaying audio with our AVRs, may need to change our delay setting if we install the Evo Kit.

Now that would be nice. Bonus points for triple quote? smile.gif Sorry I guess I'm still in Game Mode

post #10102 of 16215 Old 01-14-2013, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

No, I started to look at my DVD collection, but didn't have time to weed out what I could get rid of to trade in. I have time still right, it just started Sunday?

All week I think. Just picked up Green Lantern 3D, Legends of the Guardians 3D for 9.99 each and Samsara for 17.99 - a must for anyone who wants to see how good the es8000 really is - mastered in 4k.... The only current bluray available that is mastered in 4k I believe.
post #10103 of 16215 Old 01-14-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post

That doesn't sound like an optimal setup but I'm sure you know that. And if it's really an old AVR - - have you looked into a simple "sound bar" for your folks? That way, you could get rid of the AVR receiver for the TV (unless it's used for radio or CD?) - and simplify their life.

It appears that they only have two speakers to begin with? A soundbar would add another dimension to their listening enjoyment and it would be a lot louder (and more audible) than their current setup. I'm sure you do not have a full blown, 5.1 or 7.1 setup with that receiver (and they might not want it anyway - - my Mom always hated wires regardless of the sound!)

Sorry if this is not the answer you were looking for but I think you're trying to make the best out of a bad audio problem and I'm not sure how fixable this is.

Yeah, I definitely know it's not the optimal setup. I was even thinking about giving them my receiver (it doesn't have HDMI, but it does have digital inputs) as an excuse to get a new receiver for myself...maybe in the future. My parents are amazing by the picture I don't want to freak them out with improved sound too.

Quote:

This sounds like a bad connection. I would guess one of the following for the left channel connection....
-One of the leads aren't pushed on all the way (some can be tight)
-Cable is bad
-Connector on AVR is bad (try a different input)
-Connector on the TV is bad
It's also possible that the mini connector isn't actually pushed in all the way. Push it in and twirl it a little.

Thanks, the only one of those I didn't try is a new cable just because I didn't have one handy, that's on my to-do list for tomorrow. I know the AVR input is fine because I plugged the CD player into that input and it sounded great, and if I connect the STB audio directly to the AVR input it also sounds okay. I guess if a new cable doesn't do the trick then it's either a setting I'm missing or a bad connector on the TV.
post #10104 of 16215 Old 01-14-2013, 06:05 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt989 View Post

Well my es8000 has not powered off and back on again for weeks now. It was turning off and on randomly. I am glad. My 2007 sammy lcd does it frequently.

Hi,
I have had my 60es8000 since november 2011. Its been running every day and the same smarthub flicker that you have described started occurring maybe a couple months ago. Still does. Don't know what it is.
post #10105 of 16215 Old 01-14-2013, 09:44 PM

Is 10' too close to be sitting while watching the UN60ES8000? The farther I go away, say about 10' more into the kitchen the better the screen looks, can see less artifacts and imperfections in the UVerse signal...probably very normal huh. I do need a bigger room, eventually it will be in one. Just wondering out lout here.
post #10106 of 16215 Old 01-15-2013, 02:18 AM

Liked: 16
We watch our 60" from 7.5 feet away. Love it.
post #10107 of 16215 Old 01-15-2013, 02:21 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:

Quote:

All week I think. Just picked up Green Lantern 3D, Legends of the Guardians 3D for 9.99 each and Samsara for 17.99 - a must for anyone who wants to see how good the es8000 really is - mastered in 4k.... The only current bluray available that is mastered in 4k I believe.
I'm reading that Timescapes is also mastered in 4K.
post #10108 of 16215 Old 01-15-2013, 05:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Is 10' too close to be sitting while watching the UN60ES8000? The farther I go away, say about 10' more into the kitchen the better the screen looks, can see less artifacts and imperfections in the UVerse signal...probably very normal huh. I do need a bigger room, eventually it will be in one. Just wondering out lout here.

I sit no more than 8' away from my 60" I love it too. It stinks that your UVerse compresses so much. You may want to check into other options for broadcast TV. I can't remember, what is your Sharpness, Digital Noise Filer and MPEG Noise Filer settings set to?
post #10109 of 16215 Old 01-15-2013, 05:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I sit about 8 ft away from the set.
post #10110 of 16215 Old 01-15-2013, 05:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabesh View Post

I'm reading that Timescapes is also mastered in 4K.

I forgot about that one. Keep thinking it is a download file since the actual 4K version is a download, but I think you are right because it is available on bluray also.

Samsara is absolutely stunning. One of the few movies that I actually turned all of the "soap opera" processors back on for and it was literally like being there in person. I'll try to upload some screen shots later. For those not familiar with Samsara, it is from the same person who created the films Baraka and the IMAX film Chronos.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Displays , Samsung Un46es8000 Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page