Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread - Page 352 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #10531 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 09:09 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Rico the Smart Hub is garbage... I stream all media through Apple TV, the quality is far better... the only issue I've come across is slight skip of frames with 3D content but I'm not sure if thats my personal setup of the norm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10532 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 09:29 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by digimat View Post

Rico the Smart Hub is garbage... I stream all media through Apple TV, the quality is far better... the only issue I've come across is slight skip of frames with 3D content but I'm not sure if thats my personal setup of the norm.
I've got the ATV2 (720 I think). Would the new ATV3 look better if I used Netflix, or not? I've been using it on Smarthub. And are you getting any 3D content off Netflix? On another forum here someone said they got it for like on day and then it went away. Thanks.

Samsung ES8000 65", Evo Kit installed, Yamaha AVR with Paradigm speakers, iMac, iPad, Apple TV and HTC One phone.
post #10533 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post

Anthony - - I think your right about the CE dimming - it does seem to be less. I'll have to watch a couple more movies to tell for sure - - but it was quite evident on "Sherlock Holmes" last night as that movie has a lot of dark scenes. (Great soundtrack!)

I'll say this - - if you can get "Standard" to be consistent - - it is an incredible picture. I also have the "Movie" setting that I primarily use with Bluray - - with the only difference being Turboman123 "BT1886" Gamma (White Balance settings - 10p white balance: level 1 all +6, level 2 all +3, level 3 all +1).

What's funny is that after all the tinkering around with the settings from multiple sources found from this thread I am now back to somewhat "Default" settings:

AVR Processing - Marvell QDEO via Pioneer Elite SC65 (absolutely fantastic receiver - especially sound modes - - runs incredibly cool, bi-amped Paradigm Studio 60's V2 fronts with Orb Mod2 Satellites - 7.1 configuration with SL, SR, SBL, SBR)

Picture Mode: Standard
Backlight: 10
Contrast: 90
Brightness: 40
Sharpness: 35 (I know - everyone says it's too high but I've tinkered with it multiple times and even cross checked against the WOW disc. It works for me.)
Color: 50
Tint: 50/50

Everything in Advanced Settings set to "Off"
Color Space: Auto
White Balance - Default (25)
Gamma: Default (0)
Color Tone: Standard
Digital Noise Filter: Off
MPEG Noise Filter: Off
AMP: Clear (I've tried them all - "Standard" would be my second choice. I liked "Smooth" but too many motion artifacts to use effectively.)
ECO Sensor: Off - even though I am in the man cave, and have controlled lighting conditions - - I like the Backlight at a constant "10"

I can say this - - the original "Default" settings on my Sammy 65" are not the same as they are now. Is it my eyes or the firmware updates?

Even if you have your set calibrated - - I believe that firmware updates can affect your PQ. Do I know that as an absolute truth? No, but it does make sense. Here is where we run into problems with Samsung not telling us what is in the firmware updates. PQ enhancement? O.K. - what does that mean?

At any rate - - fabulous picture with minimal vertical banding. I'm in the process of a minor remodel on my man cave and having the panel mounted on the wall so I can upgrade to the Paradigm Studio CC690 monster center. Then, in a year or so, I will get a projector for Cinemascope only - 2.35 or 2.40 to 1 screen, 38 X 90. I'll use the Sammy LCD/LED for most viewing (all sports & movies (including 3D) in 16:9) and have a retractable screen pulled down (or electric) over my panel - offset six inches from the wall, which will be for movies and anamorphic material.

When I watch movies in 2.35 to 1 on my Sammy set, I lose 8" of vertical picture - - which really means your watching a 25 1/2 by 59 1/2 screen. That's a lot of real estate. Plus - - since 3D is really not a consideration (I have the Sammy for that) - - the focus will be on getting a 2D projector with the very best blacks and shadow detail. Should be fun! (Hey, that's what it's all about !!!)

These are very close to my preferred settings, I have backlight at 12, contrast 80, brightness 43, colour 49, MP switched off, everything else is the same as yours.

Panasonic TXP65VT65B, Samsung BD-C5900, HT-D455, DA-E670, Galaxy S4, Iphone 5, 10.1" Tab 2. SKY HD. Atollo LED light strips, Philips Living Colours Lamp, Harmony One Remote.
post #10534 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 View Post

I will have to respectfully disagree on this to some extent. While source can definitely contribute to the issue, I get AMP stuttering even from blu-rays over HDMI on any setting other than clear. If the tv has a problem with 95% of cable tv signals, then maybe Samsung should be working on getting AMP to play nicer with these signals, instead of just blaming the source. After all, people don't want excuses - they just want it to work. AMP just doesn't work smoothly on any setting other than "clear" consistently. I've tried my FiOS on 720p and 1080i, and it doesn't make any difference. Some channels are definitely worse than others - for some reason a certain handful of channels are totally unwatchable due to severe stutter on any AMP setting other than clear. Most channels aren't that severe but still stutter enough for me not to use AMP in anything but "clear".

I keep hoping the new Evo kit will finally resolve this, since maybe the dual-core processor just can't keep up with AMP, but I'll need to hear confirmation that it completely solves it before I consider the upgrade. My girlfriend is very much against the idea of putting another dollar into this set, so AMP would have to be completely fixed for me to consider this upgrade. New smarthub menus and motion settings aren't going to cut it for us.

I completely agree with you... its doesnt matter what source you are using, cable, sat, streaming, bluray, dvd... The AMP really has nothing to do with the signals coming in...personally i think it looks fake and soap opera effect looking... to each its own... everytime there is interpolation and inserting of extra frames in the picture, there is gonna be lag, stutter, skipping, juddering, wierd pixelation, choppiness, etc...you name it...its the nature of the beast.....

my personal opinion, the new evo kit wont do jack for picture quality and/or AMP..i think is just gonna be there to give us a new smart hub interface....but thats just me... biggrin.gif

good threads to follow on AMP & evo kit below:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1450292/official-samsung-smart-tv-evolution-kit-thread

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1444011/official-samsung-auto-motion-plus-thread-gimmick-or-substance
post #10535 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 09:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebignewt View Post

I've got the ATV2 (720 I think). Would the new ATV3 look better if I used Netflix, or not? I've been using it on Smarthub. And are you getting any 3D content off Netflix? On another forum here someone said they got it for like on day and then it went away. Thanks.

I upgraded to 3 and yes the picture is better if it's 1080p content but some people have reported the lag bug being present in 3 but not 2. I'm not aware of any 3D content on Netflix but I live in Canada so our selection is pretty limited. Netflix in general is pretty mixed bag for quality, they are trying to role out some high bandwidth features but so far the ISPs don't wanna play ball... I think it's just a matter time though.
post #10536 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 10:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
So the repair person just left my house and the TV seems to be back to normal without the on/off cycle. I tried to get as much info out of this guy that I could. Here's some things I asked:

Q: Do you deal with a lot of vertical banding repairs with the 65"
A: No. We actually don't see a lot of the 65" Samsung TVs. I guess they're too expensive for most people still. The only one I've dealt with that has a lot of vertical banding is the 46".

I thought that was strange that he claimed there's a vertical banding issue with the 46", but that's what he said.

Q: What is the biggest problem/repair you see with the 8000 series?
A: Probably the power on/off cycle, but no more than any others. This TV appears to be pretty good because we honestly don't get many repair orders for it.

That's nice to know.

Q: I've heard that when replacing this board that you're supposed to into the Service Menu and set the "type" for the TV. Is that true?
A: Not really. Samsung tests these boards before sending them out for repair. They set the TVs "type" before sending them out, but I always check anyway and yours is set correctly.

When he first turned on the TV there was some red text across the top and he told me that the board was left in test mode from when Samsung was testing it before sending it out. It's nice to know they test these things and don't just grab a board assuming it's ok and send it off to be replaced. He told me they actually test it after they get the repair request, so it's actually tested and set up correctly for that particular repair.

Q: Can you enable the Cal-Day and Cal-Night modes while you're in there?
A: Sure. I didn't do it for you though.

Nice!

Q: What do you know about the Evo Kit that's coming?
A: Not much. But I do know that you will turn on your TV one day and it will tell you, "Im ready to evolve!". That's how Samsung is planning to announce that it's ready to purchase.

I also asked him to look for banding on my TV. Keep in mind that the calibration settings that minimized it had been reset and we were looking at the TV through the default movie settings and he was not able to see any banding through normal viewing. I have to take some time to recalibrate everything later today, so that gives me reason to tinker with it again. That's about all I got. I took pictures of the TV while the back was taken off and all of that. I also took a picture of the sticker on the back because once it went back on the wall there's no getting to it without taking it off.
post #10537 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by digimat View Post

I upgraded to 3 and yes the picture is better if it's 1080p content but some people have reported the lag bug being present in 3 but not 2. I'm not aware of any 3D content on Netflix but I live in Canada so our selection is pretty limited. Netflix in general is pretty mixed bag for quality, they are trying to role out some high bandwidth features but so far the ISPs don't wanna play ball... I think it's just a matter time though.

I tried the 3D content on vudu thru smart hub...1080p and all...sucked azzz...horrible...the picture quality was aweful.. and trust me, I have plenty of bandwidth thru comcast/xfinity.. Im a software engineer, so I require a high tier internet access...I have the lastest IT gear....

so I tried on my PS3, same movie on vudu in 3d....and wualla...1000% better... but not better than a bluray obviously.... streaming compression sucks....even more thru smarthub....regardless if its netfilx, amazon, vuvu, hulu, etc... so thats smart hub for you....
post #10538 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 10:21 AM

Liked: 13
Jestered,
Congrats on the repair.
I wish I could have been home to ask questions and take disassembled pics like you.
You got some interesting answers, and your TV ready for viewing again!
Enjoy.....

Samsung UN55ES7500, Oppo BDP-93, PS3, Pioneer VSX1326, Totem Mite (Front L/R), B&W LCR3(Center), Monitor Audio Radius 90 (Rear), Energy S-10.3 Sub.
post #10539 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 10:26 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndeaverouX View Post

I tried the 3D content on vudu thru smart hub...1080p and all...sucked azzz...horrible...the picture quality was aweful.. and trust me, I have plenty of bandwidth thru comcast/xfinity.. Im a software engineer, so I require a high tier internet access...I have the lastest IT gear....

so I tried on my PS3, same movie on vudu in 3d....and wualla...1000% better... but not better than a bluray obviously.... streaming compression sucks....even more thru smarthub....regardless if its netfilx, amazon, vuvu, hulu, etc... so thats smart hub for you....

Yeah I'm starting to get disappointed with SmartHub, the apps looked like a great option but when my AppleTV looks (and I think is) giving me a 1080p Netflix stream and the Smart Hub looks like garbage, I started to get worried. I haven't tried Vudu yet or Amazon Prime.
post #10540 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 10:40 AM

Liked: 12
I just tested Vudu, with The Dark Knight Rises, HDX stream, its HD alright, looks amazing, however I guess it doesn't use the entire screen? Letterbox? It has the black space above/below the main movie.
Probably the way its supposed to be or I have a setting off?
post #10541 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjmccord View Post

Yeah I'm starting to get disappointed with SmartHub, the apps looked like a great option but when my AppleTV looks (and I think is) giving me a 1080p Netflix stream and the Smart Hub looks like garbage, I started to get worried. I haven't tried Vudu yet or Amazon Prime.

Personally, I stream from my Bluray player (Amazon Prime). It's a lot faster. I haven't tried VUDU yet (I have a free movie that I'll try soon) - but even streaming 7.1 audio is "iffy." I also have a Micca EP350 as a Media Player.

Bandwidth, bandwidth, bandwidth. 3D movies can't be streamed effectively - - IMHO. I believe Directv for their 3D (channels and PPV) must dedicate or have a higher bandwidth because I've watched 3D content from Directv and it looks great. You'll never get 7.1 audio and 3D content from Directv or any other source. If you do get it - - they'll compress the hell out of it. That's why your Bluray player is best way to view 3D movies with the full soundtrack.

Can't wait for 4K streaming - - that will choke the system and bring it down to its knees. All you'll need is a couple folks streaming 4K on your block and your Internet will be providing service at 2,400 baud - - if anyone can remember that far back! smile.gif

Home Theater Setup
Samsung UN65ES8000 LCD/LED
BenQ W1080ST Projector
Pioneer SC65 (Pre-Amp)
Wyred4Sound MMC-7 Channel Amplifier, 221wpc
OPPO 103, Directv GENIE
Darbee Darblet
ALL Paradigm - 7.1 - Studio 60's, V.2 (FL/FR)
CC-690, V.5 (C)
ADP 590 V.5 (SS)
MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub
post #10542 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I just tested Vudu, with The Dark Knight Rises, HDX stream, its HD alright, looks amazing, however I guess it doesn't use the entire screen? Letterbox? It has the black space above/below the main movie.

Nope - anamorphic 2.35 or 2.4 to 1 material. Hence the problem with movies and the shrinking screen syndrome. That's why folks have projectors.
gamermwm and chrisjmccord like this.

Home Theater Setup
BenQ W1080ST Projector
Pioneer SC65 (Pre-Amp)
OPPO 103, Directv GENIE
Darbee Darblet
CC-690, V.5 (C)
ADP 590 V.5 (SS)
post #10543 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 10:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPWingN View Post

Jestered,
Congrats on the repair.
I wish I could have been home to ask questions and take disassembled pics like you.
You got some interesting answers, and your TV ready for viewing again!
Enjoy.....

Thanks!
post #10544 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 10:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Can't wait for 4K streaming - - that will choke the system and bring it down to its knees. All you'll need is a couple folks streaming 4K on your block and your Internet will be providing service at 2,400 baud - - if anyone can remember that far back! smile.gif

I remember that far back and I'm not even that old. I remember when my Apple II had a 300 baud modem and my dad had a 2,400 in his computer. I was jealous! That was back when being online meant going to BBS boards over dial-up.
chrisjmccord likes this.
post #10545 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 10:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Nope - anamorphic 2.35 or 2.4 to 1 material. Hence the problem with movies and the shrinking screen syndrome. That's why folks have projectors.

Actually the Dark night has scenes that are anamorphic and letterbox...
post #10546 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 10:54 AM
Advanced Member

Oh and another important thing I forgot to mention when I was talking to the repair guy about the Evo Kit... I told him that I was probably going to have to get a new mount that wasn't so flush with my wall because there's no way the kit that I've seen pictures with will fit with my current mount. He told me to hold off on buying another mount. He told me that he's heard that Samsung is actually trying to figure that out because Samsung themselves sells flush mounts and they know it's going to be a problem. I'm happy to hear that. If it's indeed true anyway.
post #10547 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

So it probably doesn't matter if I stream from my new Samsung 3D BD player or an Apple TV3, they should both look better than Smarthub? I"ve sort of been looking for an excuse to get an ATV3 anyway, maybe this is it (and we do rent on occasional movie from iTunes)biggrin.gif.

Samsung ES8000 65", Evo Kit installed, Yamaha AVR with Paradigm speakers, iMac, iPad, Apple TV and HTC One phone.
post #10548 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 12:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestered View Post

Oh and another important thing I forgot to mention when I was talking to the repair guy about the Evo Kit... I told him that I was probably going to have to get a new mount that wasn't so flush with my wall because there's no way the kit that I've seen pictures with will fit with my current mount. He told me to hold off on buying another mount. He told me that he's heard that Samsung is actually trying to figure that out because Samsung themselves sells flush mounts and they know it's going to be a problem. I'm happy to hear that. If it's indeed true anyway.

That's why the mount I've chosen is the tilt model (which I won't tilt) and it provides 2 1/2 inches of clearance from the wall. Also better for my bias lighting. It also looks "beefier" and more solid than the smaller mounts (Paul's TV).

I'm not sure Samsung will be out with any mount in the very near future. It would be nice if they did, but I just don't see them moving that fast. And make it retro for our 2012 sets?

Today's question: Will teeny fingers and a small screwdriver be enough to install the Evo kit with two and a half inches of clearance? Maybe I can tilt it down to install? Otherwise, I'll have to learn how to take the TV off the mount and put it back up.

Home Theater Setup
BenQ W1080ST Projector
Pioneer SC65 (Pre-Amp)
OPPO 103, Directv GENIE
Darbee Darblet
CC-690, V.5 (C)
ADP 590 V.5 (SS)
post #10549 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 12:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

That's why the mount I've chosen is the tilt model (which I won't tilt) and it provides 2 1/2 inches of clearance from the wall. Also better for my bias lighting. It also looks "beefier" and more solid than the smaller mounts (Paul's TV).

I'm not sure Samsung will be out with any mount in the very near future. It would be nice if they did, but I just don't see them moving that fast. And make it retro for our 2012 sets?

Today's question: Will teeny fingers and a small screwdriver be enough to install the Evo kit with two and a half inches of clearance? Maybe I can tilt it down to install? Otherwise, I'll have to learn how to take the TV off the mount and put it back up.

I think what he was trying to say is that Samsung is aware that the Evo Kit won't even fit with their own flush mounts that they are already selling. It makes sense that they would try to figure out a way around that since it just doesn't make sense to make an Evo Kit that you can't use with Samsungs own mounts that you can buy today. I'm hoping they make some type of cable that plugs into the back of the TV and then you plug that into the actual Evo Kit box, which can be placed somewhere else and not actually on the back of the TV. That would be ideal for my needs and set up.
post #10550 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 12:38 PM

Location: Some where over the 4 or 5 hour freeway in LALA land
Liked: 70
Quote:

I think what he was trying to say is that Samsung is aware that the Evo Kit won't even fit with their own flush mounts that they are already selling. It makes sense that they would try to figure out a way around that since it just doesn't make sense to make an Evo Kit that you can't use with Samsungs own mounts that you can buy today. I'm hoping they make some type of cable that plugs into the back of the TV and then you plug that into the actual Evo Kit box, which can be placed somewhere else and not actually on the back of the TV. That would be ideal for my needs and set up.

First I want to say glad you made out well and thanks for sharing that info with us. I actually have 3 of those Samsung mounts that I use so its good to hear that they are aware and will maybe figure out a way for us using these mounts to be able to use these kits with them.
Also Im curious to see which board fixed this issue? Do you have a pic you can post that shows this specific board?
post #10551 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Good point. How far will the Evo Kit stick out of the back? For an absolutely tight, flush wall mount - - I see no solution outside of a better mount with clearance.

If you're using the table stand - - a cable into the USB port would be a nice way to accomplish the upgrade.

Home Theater Setup
BenQ W1080ST Projector
Pioneer SC65 (Pre-Amp)
OPPO 103, Directv GENIE
Darbee Darblet
CC-690, V.5 (C)
ADP 590 V.5 (SS)
post #10552 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Advanced Member

I just took the time to recalibrate my new board and firmware for my DirecTV source. Here's what I've found so far:

1. It appears to me that the colors are a little more vibrant, but that could just be in my head.

2. What's not in my head is that the little bit of flashlighting I had in the corners of the screen are completely gone. Before I could only see it on a black screen and it was very minimal. Now it is completely gone unless I view the TV from an extreme angle. Even then it's not very noticeable.

3. The last thing I did with my calibration was to check the RBG clipping. I noticed my blue was clipping where it shouldn't have been, which is what caused me to drop my contrast lower than I normally have it. The blue is clipping where it should now. I guess this makes sense because I noticed a slight bluish tint on the white before doing that. It wasn't like that before the new board and firmware.

4. I put on a recorded football game to check out the banding that I sometimes see on football games and I haven't seen any yet. This may be because I have some glare in the room right now, so I'll have to check that out again later when the glare is gone. I'm not expecting anything to have minimized the tiny bit of banding I see at times, but so far I can't see it. I'll try putting on some slides in a bit and see if I see any there.

So, I'm not sure what the firmware or the board may have done. Unfortunately the repair guy updated the firmware before I could tell him I'd do that later, so I wasn't able to compare my old calibrated settings with the old firmware. The new calibrated settings with the new firmware and new board were definitely different. My brightness was up one click and contrast down about 4. I'm going to assume that any change in the picture and calibration settings is because of the firmware and not the board. I rarely ever saw vertical banding and the only thing that kind of bothered me was the slight flashlighting in the corners. That is completely gone now so I'm going to guess the firmware helped that. Probably because of how I had to change my calibration settings? I don't know, but I'm even more happy with this TV than I was before and I was pretty dang happy with it before.

Has anyone else that's upgraded the firmware checked to see if their calibration settings needed to be tweaked?
post #10553 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 12:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

First I want to say glad you made out well and thanks for sharing that info with us. I actually have 3 of those Samsung mounts that I use so its good to hear that they are aware and will maybe figure out a way for us using these mounts to be able to use these kits with them.
Also Im curious to see which board fixed this issue? Do you have a pic you can post that shows this specific board?

Thanks!

Here's the picture I took right after he pulled that back off:

And here's the pic I took after he pulled the board out to replace it:

So, the board he replaced is the board that all the source connections are on. That board has the CPU, GPU, memory, Evo Kit connection, etc... The other board is the power control board (PCB). I would have guessed with a power issue they would have replaced the PCB board, but that's not what they did. I told him that when I noticed which board he was replacing and he said the problem I was having was more than likely caused by bad memory or memory cache. Not sure I agree, but it seems to have fixed it.
post #10554 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:

Good point. How far will the Evo Kit stick out of the back? For an absolutely tight, flush wall mount - - I see no solution outside of a better mount with clearance.

If you're using the table stand - - a cable into the USB port would be a nice way to accomplish the upgrade.

Doesn't the kit fit into the recess by the evo port so it sits flush with the rest of the back of the TV?

Panasonic TXP65VT65B, Samsung BD-C5900, HT-D455, DA-E670, Galaxy S4, Iphone 5, 10.1" Tab 2. SKY HD. Atollo LED light strips, Philips Living Colours Lamp, Harmony One Remote.
post #10555 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 01:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arenaman View Post

Doesn't the kit fit into the recess by the evo port so it sits flush with the rest of the back of the TV?

The recess in that area is probably less than a 1/4" and the Evo Kit box appears to be much bigger than that, so it does not appear that it will actually sit flush with the back of the TV once it's been installed.
post #10556 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 01:18 PM

Location: Some where over the 4 or 5 hour freeway in LALA land
Liked: 70
Quote:

Thanks!

Here's the picture I took right after he pulled that back off:

And here's the pic I took after he pulled the board out to replace it:

So, the board he replaced is the board that all the source connections are on. That board has the CPU, GPU, memory, Evo Kit connection, etc... The other board is the power control board (PCB). I would have guessed with a power issue they would have replaced the PCB board, but that's not what they did. I told him that when I noticed which board he was replacing and he said the problem I was having was more than likely caused by bad memory or memory cache. Not sure I agree, but it seems to have fixed it.

Thanks man! Yep.. This is the same board they replaced on my D series. The tech said that he replaces tons of these boards. Just like your tech said.. He also seemed to think that this particular board is possibly made faulty since he's always replacing them. That's funny that you thought it would be the power board that needed to be replaced, because that's exactly what I told the tech and he said that he has never had to replace that board yet.
post #10557 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:

The recess in that area is probably less than a 1/4" and the Evo Kit box appears to be much bigger than that, so it does not appear that it will actually sit flush with the back of the TV once it's been installed.

Thanks

post #10558 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 01:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by wthephasdin View Post

Does anyone here use the IR Blaster successfully and recommend it? If so, can you send out some tips with your configuration and how you set it up? Or refer me to an earlier post number if it's already been discussed.

It seems like it's got potential, but if the signal or the remote doesn't perform well then I would imagine it'd just become an annoyance. Any thoughts?

I'd like to know more about exactly how the IR blaster is supposed to work too. When I first set up my ES8000 and Pana bluray player, I didn't install the IR blaster and the ES8000 remote still happily controlled the bluray player with all the HDMI stuff turned on. Then I installed the IR blaster and followed the instructions to set it up and found my Es8000 remote would no longer control the player. I took the IR blaster out and everything was fine again. What gives ?

post #10559 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000 View Post

I'd like to know more about exactly how the IR blaster is supposed to work too. When I first set up my ES8000 and Pana bluray player, I didn't install the IR blaster and the ES8000 remote still happily controlled the bluray player with all the HDMI stuff turned on. Then I installed the IR blaster and followed the instructions to set it up and found my Es8000 remote would no longer control the player. I took the IR blaster out and everything was fine again. What gives ?

The IR blaster is laughable, I invested in a harmony one and it's the business

post #10560 of 16260 Old 01-23-2013, 02:29 PM

Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by arenaman View Post

The IR blaster is laughable, I invested in a harmony one and it's the business

The H1 is the way to go. The blaster is a joke.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Displays , Samsung Un46es8000 Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page