Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread - Page 388 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11611 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 07:56 AM
Advanced Member
 
Ricoflashback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 959
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

Thanks bro! Seriously, my freaking 70+ old grandmother noticed this right after I did the reset. And that was with the factory default settings! No, I don't recommend keeping them though. I mean I know she's old, but for her to notice right away should say something. I truly believe we are all now benefiting from buying the ES8000 over the ES7500 I rest my case now..lol!

Hey, don't short change Grandma!!! If anyone knows the changes on your picture, it's her!!!

Which reminds me of a great cartoon I have to share. Picture a sweet looking, gentle grandmother figure, sitting in front of the TV, placidly watching her favorite soap opera. The caption underneath said, "Oh Linda, don't put your trust in that backstabbing motherf$%^&*!

Priceless.

Home Theater Setup
Samsung UN65ES8000 LCD/LED
BenQ W1080ST Projector
Pioneer SC65 (Pre-Amp)
Wyred4Sound MMC-7 Channel Amplifier, 221wpc
OPPO 103, Directv GENIE
Darbee Darblet
ALL Paradigm - 7.1 - Studio 60's, V.2 (FL/FR)
CC-690, V.5 (C)
ADP 590 V.5 (SS)
MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub
Ricoflashback is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #11612 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Garnoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,754
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner1959 View Post

....Muchas gracias Catt99...

Anthony, Garnoch and all the 8000 bro's... You all know I got my set in June with FW 1013.2 and stayed firm in not updating. I was 100% satisfied and loved my settings. Tolerated the minor flashlighting, but had no V issue or clouding to speak of. Well, the worm has turned.

1046.2 is the T*Ts!!!!...The bomb!...."its where the party's at"

I use hdmi direct to tv for bluray, fios and hdvdvd source. Optical out to my soundbar. Test material on bluray was Lawrence of Arabia, Revenge of the Sith, Fifth Element and Casablanca. Fios was CNN and a boatload of channel surfing. Results....Call me crazy but I'm with you guys!!!

-ZERO flashlighting...zero, nada, NONE!
-Blacker blacks in source material as well as letter box bars...I'm convinced this unit is WAY more software based and I'll side with people who think Cinema Black may have been switched on.
-Deeper better colors, especially in detail of red, orange and fuscia garments....OMG...
-CE dimming, much more tamed as I am at 45 brightness and the stars stay pretty bright as credits dissapear in StarWars

I'm rolling in Standard Mode. all 3 hdmi sources individually got the "reset" before tweak city.
-11 for Backlight althiugh this may be dialed vack to 10 cuz panel seems brighter now...
-97 Contrast
-45 Brightness
-12-15 for Sharpness although needs observation since the update really sharpened up an already sharp image...wow
-50 Color...amazing and may need to dial back to 48 or 49 after I finish my acid trip with the Sammy
-Dynamic Con, Black tone, Flesh tone, OFF
-Native Color space...love this
-OFF for gamma
-Motion Light ON
-Color Tone is Warm1 but Standard is much richer now as well and it wouldnt surpise me if i switch back and forth...white does look white on my Warm1 when looking at white "BMW's and Benz's" smile.gif or white business shirts on CNN and football jersey's
-AMP is on...game effing on babay however, clear is a 2nd choice
-LED Motion OFF

LOVE THIS UPDATE, loved my TV before it, loving it even more after the FW update to 1046.2. Yes, all...the ".2" will show when you check the "Connect with Samsung" window.

Anthony...you called this one spot on!!!


So so so so disappointed. How could you?
tongue.gif
Congrats, my man! I can tell though settings should look nice too. I had to back down on Color too to like 48 or 49 for Standard, so I know what you're saying.
BladeRunner haha
Garnoch is offline  
post #11613 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Bladerunner1959's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Pittsburgh...Preferably the Virgin Islands....
Posts: 1,066
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Via phone here Anthony; I forgot to mention that I truly have better more detailed audio going to my soundbar. Heard things in a scene from Lawrence of Arabia that I never heard....and I have watched that movie embarrassingly too many times.

3d; not tested and can't wait cuz that's where flashlight was more of an issue.

Yup, I have again shut my 8000 off from the outside world until I have proof that a new FW actually sprays pixie dust on my family jewels.

Love for all things Hi-def...Losing count; 200 plus bluray, 500 plus dvd, 30 plus HDdvd and a rapidly growing 50 plus in the cloud.

Bladerunner1959 is offline  
post #11614 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Bladerunner1959's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Pittsburgh...Preferably the Virgin Islands....
Posts: 1,066
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 49
....oh, this is definitely the FW that CNET , Hometheater and all others should judge the 8000 on. Its very.....hummmm, what's the word....Elite ish now.

Love for all things Hi-def...Losing count; 200 plus bluray, 500 plus dvd, 30 plus HDdvd and a rapidly growing 50 plus in the cloud.

Bladerunner1959 is offline  
post #11615 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 08:13 AM
Member
 
montegoblueguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

It does look good on, but when the TVs off..lol! Hey, whatever you like man. I turned mine off completely on one of my sets so it wouldn't use power 24x7. I'm so OCD that I thought if I keep it off, it would prolong its lifespan. But once it was off, I couldn't tell if the TV was on or off for the life of me, so now I just keep the logo on while the TVs off so I know its off.

Hey, I added my cars to my pictures. Just click on my avatar. You can add any pics you want on yours too. I'm curious to see your CLS. Did you do trick it out at all? Tricking out cars is my number one hobby. Cars period actually. Even my grandmother loves sport cars with tinted windows and chrome wheels..lol
On my CLS just K&N air filters,wheels,front grille and rear lip spoiler.BMW 100 hp chip dual ait filters new wheels rear lip spoiler.More to come just got to put money on other things now.Wife talking about new home.Oh geez.I checked out your cars Sweeeet cars.Where do you live so I can come visit.LOL
montegoblueguy is offline  
post #11616 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Member
 
montegoblueguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner1959 View Post

....oh, this is definitely the FW that CNET , Hometheater and all others should judge the 8000 on. Its very.....hummmm, what's the word....Elite ish now.
Thats funny I was at best buy Sat looking around saw the Elite on display it is a real nice panel.
montegoblueguy is offline  
post #11617 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 08:24 AM
Senior Member
 
thebignewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 416
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 25
So where are we with these settings dudes: Motion Lighting and LED Motion? I haven't tried either one but I'm hearing good things from Anthony on the latter (with Eco Sensor off?). I'm unsure as to what these are supposed to do (I won't bother consulting Samsung lol). I never dicked around with AMP but it can't hurt to try. Is that one mainly used for fast moving scenes where they pan quickly? As an aside I find it somewhat disconcerting that one person's TV got "fixed" by the tech loosening some screws in the back and someone else made his "V" go away using a screwdriver.

Samsung ES8000 65", Evo Kit installed, Yamaha AVR with Paradigm speakers, iMac, iPad, Apple TV and HTC One phone.
thebignewt is offline  
post #11618 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Bladerunner1959's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Pittsburgh...Preferably the Virgin Islands....
Posts: 1,066
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I have Eco sensor off, Motion Light on. I have never seen such darkly detailed space scenes before...and that goes for old 35" Sony XBR cry... This 8000 is so killer now....still but even more killer is the way to say it.

Love for all things Hi-def...Losing count; 200 plus bluray, 500 plus dvd, 30 plus HDdvd and a rapidly growing 50 plus in the cloud.

Bladerunner1959 is offline  
post #11619 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 09:07 AM
Member
 
7011jrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner1959 View Post

I have Eco sensor off, Motion Light on. I have never seen such darkly detailed space scenes before...and that goes for old 35" Sony XBR cry... This 8000 is so killer now....still but even more killer is the way to say it.

your setup is almost identical to mine, and you are seeing the same results that I, and many others saw with this latest update. It really is an incredible change. I don't really understand how, but the Flash-lighting and precious little "v" that I had come to love have magically disappeared.

It really makes me wonder what else could be affected by future FW updates, the EVO kit, etc. because you could not have convinced me prior to this that a FW update would do anything to reduce the flashlight effect.

I am so glad I was wrong.
7011jrs is offline  
post #11620 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sharkcohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,281
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick-t View Post

he did it to get rid of V. it worked really well.
This was the reason he loosened it.
Not sure if that is sarcasm or not, all I know is it made a difference for me.
i don't know about everyone out there, but i find hockey way better on LED than plasma. the auto dimming on plasma kills it for me and i don't see any banding on my set.

I wish you had gotten a pic of what exactly he loosened. Was it just one bolt, or more than one?

Back off man, I'm a scientist.
sharkcohen is offline  
post #11621 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 09:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Derek Gosselin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkcohen View Post

I wish you had gotten a pic of what exactly he loosened. Was it just one bolt, or more than one?

check out post 7912 on this thread

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http://www.forodvd.com/tema/108005-tutorial-eliminar-clouding-la-serie-es8000-de-samsung/

Derek Gosselin is offline  
post #11622 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 09:37 AM
Member
 
montegoblueguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Is there any way we could get that in English? looks very interesting
montegoblueguy is offline  
post #11623 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Senior Member
 
Derek Gosselin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by montegoblueguy View Post

Is there any way we could get that in English? looks very interesting

click the link again, i added a translator app.

Derek Gosselin is offline  
post #11624 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 09:53 AM
Member
 
montegoblueguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Gosselin View Post

click the link again, i added a translator app.
very interesting and even a translator app you're the man
montegoblueguy is offline  
post #11625 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sharkcohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,281
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16

Thanks for that.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.
sharkcohen is offline  
post #11626 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Garnoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,754
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner1959 View Post

I have Eco sensor off, Motion Light on. I have never seen such darkly detailed space scenes before...and that goes for old 35" Sony XBR cry... This 8000 is so killer now....still but even more killer is the way to say it.

Interesting, then it appears you, 7011 and Anthony have Eco off and Motion Lighting on. I need to test ML now out of curiosity. (still loving the update)
Garnoch is offline  
post #11627 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 10:03 AM
Member
 
MMakoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

This is a pic i took of my 65" of the banding issue before the update.



never knew your banding on the 65" was that obvious, i can just imagine how it'll look in those panning shots. when i put on that test picture, it looks like there is no bands at all, but i know there's one exceptional band on the right side, and i tend to look at it during solid backgrounds and panning shots too. the bands are embedded in my head now, and it's rather hard to not pay attention to it. this is the reason why i have never asked anyone about the "v" either, cuz i know if i find it-it'll always be in my head.
MMakoto is offline  
post #11628 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 10:11 AM
 
Anthony5362's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Some where over the 4 or 5 hour freeway in LALA land
Posts: 1,196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post

Hey, don't short change Grandma!!! If anyone knows the changes on your picture, it's her!!!

Which reminds me of a great cartoon I have to share. Picture a sweet looking, gentle grandmother figure, sitting in front of the TV, placidly watching her favorite soap opera. The caption underneath said, "Oh Linda, don't put your trust in that backstabbing motherf$%^&*!

Priceless.

LOL! How can you short change "Grandma Worbucks" (jk) when she pimps this around? Oh, and those freaking soaps! Fugetaboutit! I can't stand them! Her eyes are glued all day long to them..lol! She honestly saw the difference in picture quality before I even did. She's also getting pulled over all the time for speeding. My whole family gets a big kick out of it..lol!

AppleMark
Anthony5362 is offline  
post #11629 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 10:17 AM
 
Anthony5362's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Some where over the 4 or 5 hour freeway in LALA land
Posts: 1,196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by montegoblueguy View Post

On my CLS just K&N air filters,wheels,front grille and rear lip spoiler.BMW 100 hp chip dual ait filters new wheels rear lip spoiler.More to come just got to put money on other things now.Wife talking about new home.Oh geez.I checked out your cars Sweeeet cars.Where do you live so I can come visit.LOL

HAHA! I am Bi Coastal. I go back and fourth to the East Coast and LaLa land, and we have a house in Italy.. btw, Nice Car!!! I love the CLS! Ever since they came out. I see you added stuff too. Looks good man!

I added some more pics. They are my Dads cars. He collects them, like I collect TVs. Where do you live? I see we have a lot in common too smile.gif Do they have forums like this for cars..lol

Sorry for the Blured out parts. Have to be discreet. Too many crazies out there! eek.gif
Anthony5362 is offline  
post #11630 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 10:21 AM
 
Anthony5362's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Some where over the 4 or 5 hour freeway in LALA land
Posts: 1,196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMakoto View Post

never knew your banding on the 65" was that obvious, i can just imagine how it'll look in those panning shots. when i put on that test picture, it looks like there is no bands at all, but i know there's one exceptional band on the right side, and i tend to look at it during solid backgrounds and panning shots too. the bands are embedded in my head now, and it's rather hard to not pay attention to it. this is the reason why i have never asked anyone about the "v" either, cuz i know if i find it-it'll always be in my head.

Yea, My banding sucks. Samsung was going to replace it, and i was going to pay the difference for the 75" ES9000 but he told me that the 9000 has the same exact panel as the 65" so I just decided to keep it for now and maybe get a new F8000 for that room if they have no banding. I only use that room when i have company over. I could have had them replace it, and I asked him what my options would be if the replacement had banding also, and he said I can always have a refund, so I just decided to not even do anything and just deal with it. I replace Tvs so often that it's not a big deal to me really.
Anthony5362 is offline  
post #11631 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 10:25 AM
 
Anthony5362's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Some where over the 4 or 5 hour freeway in LALA land
Posts: 1,196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnoch View Post

Interesting, then it appears you, 7011 and Anthony have Eco off and Motion Lighting on. I need to test ML now out of curiosity. (still loving the update)

Oh, now your going to TRY it? You couldn't just try it when I first told you about it? LOL! it's a simple setting to turn on and off eek.gif I really think the Eco sensor is not working like it used to anymore and messing things up, because ever since I've been using the "Motion Lighting" its been amazing. I figured it's there for a reason so why not try it? Im glad I did though otherwise I wouldn't have known what I've been missing. Thats what I mean about people needing to try all different ways here because every room has different lighting and every panel is different, so people can't just go and use someone else's settings right off the bat and just say"Ok, I can sit back now and never touch the settings again" and never try other options, because you may not be getting the best out the TV
Anthony5362 is offline  
post #11632 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 10:35 AM
 
Anthony5362's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Some where over the 4 or 5 hour freeway in LALA land
Posts: 1,196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Gosselin View Post

click the link again, i added a translator app.

HA! very cool

Derek, can you translate this too? This looks like a really good video on the Evo kit, but I don't understand the language

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SfC2M9zXEY
Anthony5362 is offline  
post #11633 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Op's Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kansas City area
Posts: 469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

Oh, now your going to TRY it? You couldn't just try it when I first told you about it? LOL! it's a simple setting to turn on and off eek.gif I really think the Eco sensor is not working like it used to anymore and messing things up, because ever since I've been using the "Motion Lighting" its been amazing. I figured it's there for a reason so why not try it? Im glad I did though otherwise I wouldn't have known what I've been missing. Thats what I mean about people needing to try all different ways here because every room has different lighting and every panel is different, so people can't just go and use someone else's settings right off the bat and just say"Ok, I can sit back now and never touch the settings again" and never try other options, because you may not be getting the best out the TV

Do you adjust the backlight to compensate for the dimmer screen?
Op's Guy is offline  
post #11634 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sharkcohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,281
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

Oh, now your going to TRY it? You couldn't just try it when I first told you about it? LOL! it's a simple setting to turn on and off eek.gif I really think the Eco sensor is not working like it used to anymore and messing things up, because ever since I've been using the "Motion Lighting" its been amazing. I figured it's there for a reason so why not try it? Im glad I did though otherwise I wouldn't have known what I've been missing. Thats what I mean about people needing to try all different ways here because every room has different lighting and every panel is different, so people can't just go and use someone else's settings right off the bat and just say"Ok, I can sit back now and never touch the settings again" and never try other options, because you may not be getting the best out the TV

I can't speak to how the ECO Sensor worked before 1046, as I didn't try it until updating to 1046. However, the ECO Sensor seems to be working very well for me.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.
sharkcohen is offline  
post #11635 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Member
 
montegoblueguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

HAHA! I am Bi Coastal. I go back and fourth to the East Coast and LaLa land, and we have a house in Italy.. btw, Nice Car!!! I love the CLS! Ever since they came out. I see you added stuff too. Looks good man!

I added some more pics. They are my Dads cars. He collects them, like I collect TVs. Where do you live? I see we have a lot in common too smile.gif Do they have forums like this for cars..lol

Sorry for the Blured out parts. Have to be discreet. Too many crazies out there! eek.gif
Thats sweet your father has good taste. I live in corpus Christi Tx. Yes many forums.
montegoblueguy is offline  
post #11636 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Garnoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,754
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

Oh, now your going to TRY it? You couldn't just try it when I first told you about it? LOL! it's a simple setting to turn on and off eek.gif I really think the Eco sensor is not working like it used to anymore and messing things up, because ever since I've been using the "Motion Lighting" its been amazing. I figured it's there for a reason so why not try it? Im glad I did though otherwise I wouldn't have known what I've been missing. Thats what I mean about people needing to try all different ways here because every room has different lighting and every panel is different, so people can't just go and use someone else's settings right off the bat and just say"Ok, I can sit back now and never touch the settings again" and never try other options, because you may not be getting the best out the TV

What can I said, I trust 7011 and Blade. tongue.gif
Its just hard to believe that would be the thing effecting it - based on the description. I had tried it in the past with no obvious effect. Now I should say though, that before the update I had basically zero flashlighting in Standard anyway, and after this update, I'm getting almost the same effect in Movie mode for the first time. My most notable changes were what I just mentioned in Movie mode and the fact that satellite TV looks much closer to Blu-ray than before. That previous update really made satellite TV look more compressed to me and now it's looking great again. Yes yes yes, I'll try it though. smile.gif
Garnoch is offline  
post #11637 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 10:52 AM
 
Anthony5362's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Some where over the 4 or 5 hour freeway in LALA land
Posts: 1,196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Op's Guy View Post

Do you adjust the backlight to compensate for the dimmer screen?

You can. Whatever you feel is bright enough. I have my 60" at backlight 12 and my 65" at 14 depending on now bright your room is I guess.
Anthony5362 is offline  
post #11638 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Member
 
montegoblueguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

LOL! How can you short change "Grandma Worbucks" (jk) when she pimps this around? Oh, and those freaking soaps! Fugetaboutit! I can't stand them! Her eyes are glued all day long to them..lol! She honestly saw the difference in picture quality before I even did. She's also getting pulled over all the time for speeding. My whole family gets a big kick out of it..lol!

AppleMark
I would love to go for a ride with your grandmother.She sounds like a real riot!
montegoblueguy is offline  
post #11639 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 10:53 AM
 
Anthony5362's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Some where over the 4 or 5 hour freeway in LALA land
Posts: 1,196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnoch View Post

What can I said, I trust 7011 and Blade. tongue.gif
Its just hard to believe that would be the thing effecting it - based on the description. I had tried it in the past with no obvious effect. Now I should say though, that before the update I had basically zero flashlighting in Standard anyway, and after this update, I'm getting almost the same effect in Movie mode for the first time. My most notable changes were what I just mentioned in Movie mode and the fact that satellite TV looks much closer to Blu-ray than before. That previous update really made satellite TV look more compressed to me and now it's looking great again. Yes yes yes, I'll try it though. smile.gif

OH is that right? LOL! Ok dude..
Garnoch likes this.
Anthony5362 is offline  
post #11640 of 16222 Old 02-05-2013, 10:56 AM
 
Anthony5362's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Some where over the 4 or 5 hour freeway in LALA land
Posts: 1,196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by montegoblueguy View Post

I would love to go for a ride with your grandmother.She sounds like a real riot!

Lmao! She is.. She's a blast! Very popular old lady too:D you seem like a really cool dude, glad your a part of this thread smile.gif

This long a.. Thread is pushing 400 pages! Wow! That's great..
Anthony5362 is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Displays , Samsung Un46es8000 Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off