post #12691 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchman View Post

Yes, the bezel on the 60" model is one half inch; always has been. On the 65", it's greater than that...closer to 3/4 inches. The 55" has the thinnest bezel; slightly more than 1/4 inch. Can't speak for the smaller screen sizes, since 55" is the smallest I've seen. I believe the D series had similar specs.
...I have the 60" and the bezel is about a half inch with the chrome strip and black plastic trim combined...sleek, very sleek...and even all the way around which i prefer to LG's which is much wider on the bottom...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoD80k View Post

Guys i'm confused...everyone says to update firmware for various improvements yet so many who update run into all of these major issues and need for repair. i'm at 1041. do i update?
..wow, where to begin: I am probably known here as the anit-FW updater as it's widely known that I bought my tv in may 2012, with FW 1013.2, and sat on that FW until positive results were reported on the 1046.2 FW (fondly named by another member as the "Bladerunner" FW update"....too bad the OTHER Bladerunner whacked his supermodel girlfriend (for whatever the reason)...I'd have other activities in mind for such a fine specimen of woman other than shooting...and I HAVE been Bladerunner long before he was, long before he had prostetics....but i digress...

For you at 1041, that FW was widely considered inferior so I would recommend you run the update now.You have absolutely nothing to lose. A few people I am in touch with whou updated from 1046.2 to 1047 say they have experienced no changes in behaviour. Please ignore all advise about NOT doing a full update. I experienced a definitive need to do so...so, run your FW update THEN go to the lower section of TV menu and run full update from within Diagnostics and then start tweaking....When I ran the fw 1046.2, i did notive a few things that definately were resolved by re-updating in Diagnostics.

I cant speak to the 1047 however, 1046.2 improved micro dimming behaviour, blacks, detail, color almost completely resolved flashlighting while in Standard mode. I still see some flashlight while in 3D but its very tolerable. I have zero clouding. Excellent uniformity. I will speak to movie mode below...

I'll stay on FW 1046.2 until I hear of a firmware where Emily Blunt atually jumps out of the screen and onto your lap!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arenaman View Post

10k's settings look great, I've slightly twaeked them to backlight 10 and Standard instead of Warm. These will definitely be my night time and dark viewing settings though I may revert back to my standard settings for some daytime sports viewing.
.....ah, Movie mode and calibrations...Arenaman and 10k...I'm not a buyer! Love all of your efforts but...

My panel is a May 2012 build date HS01 60"...

I plugged these settings into my bluray input movie mode. I can say that immediately I saw many issues that I never EVER see with Standard mode.
-Clouding...manifested immediately
-Flashlight...manifested immediately
-Uniformity...degraded immediately
-Had to tweak to warm1 then standard color as it was wayyyy to warm green yellow
-I would want to bump backlight some

This is precisely why i am the anti calibrator for these panels... I think dialing in based on "ISF" standards or others zaps the 8000 of its core strenghts and trust me...although I watch in Standard mode ...its not torch level "face melting" settings. I love the efforts all of you guys invest in tweaking but based on the above finding...there wont be one Movie mode tweak that does not produce clouding, flashlighting and uniformity issues on my panel.

There is no secret formula or pixie dust to my Standard settings:With FW 1046.2, Micro-dimming is very minimal and tolerable and can easily be dialed out if needed by raising brightness and tweaking a few other items. Try mine if you'd like (some of the calibrators may find mine utterly offensive!!!! biggrin.gif )

Standard Mode
Backlight 10
contrast 95
brightness 45
sharpness 20
color 49 (48 if source is too "hot")
tint 50/50

dynamic contrast off
black tone off
flesh tone 0
color space Native (LOVE IT and i think it compensates for NOT tweaking in custom)
gamma 0
black enhance off
color tone warm1 (perfect)
digital and noise filters auto
hdmi black level normal
film mode n/a for 1080p source as bluray, otherwise in 2 for FIOS...perfect
AMP Standard baby, gimme real, gimme the clear window to realism...I dont think its overblown SOE at all.
LED motion plus off (but playing as this may produce proper and beneficial enhancements to darks as opposed to ECO setting which are off.

I wont use the Smart HUB from the 8000, all streaming and heavy lifting are done from the SmartHub via my bd-e6500 Sammy bluray player. I'm convinced that some people see weird things happen becasue the tv is communicating to the "outside world"...i wont let mine do that at all. My 8000 is banned from internet, tweeting, texting, streamimg and FaceBook!!! I severed the link once i ran the 1046.2 update.

I love the SmartHub and the HDX VuDu and my evergrowing cloud...

So, as it stands with the settings above, I've never seen a TV look better to my eyes than my own..and that includes tinkering with an Elite and VT50 at a magnolia store. Yes, they are amazing (although i dont prefer plasma style ) and I'm sure I'd be happy with a Sony, Panny or Elite....but my 8000 dialed in as such is heavenly.

Love for all things Hi-def...Losing count; 200 plus bluray, 500 plus dvd, 30 plus HDdvd and a rapidly growing 50 plus in the cloud.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12692 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 09:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 38
I've done some testing for those that are using my settings and varying backlight etc.

Backlight 5 = 30ftL which is good for a dark room
Backlight 8 = 40ftL which is good for a medium light room
I just measured backlight 10=56ftL which is in the range for a bright room. If 10 isnt enough, you can fairly safely go up to backlight=11 which is 61ftL.

If contrast 100 is giving you issues with off angle viewing washout try dropping it down a little, 95 at the lowest. At 100 I get measured contrast of about 2400:1, at 95 I get just under 2000:1. I personally try to keep measured contrast above 2000:1.

All of the above dont have a materially adverse impact on the grayscale and color tracking measurements so it's definitely a range of possibilities available to suit each situation.
Quote:
1 -Clouding...manifested immediately
2 -Flashlight...manifested immediately
3 -Uniformity...degraded immediately
4 -Had to tweak to warm1 then standard color as it was wayyyy to warm green yellow
5 -I would want to bump backlight some
1-3 are because movie mode doesnt have micro dimming. If you are in a dark/medium room then lowering backlight to 8 basically eliminated all of those on my set. Against a black background I really only have around 3 clouds visible which don't show up during real content. Obviously there is a pretty big variation between sets and some people like eagle_2 have been pretty unlucky.
4 - Changing color temperature takes a few days to get used to in my opinion. Like you say, 6500k is correct, but if you like something else then whats the harm?
5 - Unfortunately will increase the incidence of 1-3, not much to be done in Movie mode there.

Have you tried Turboman's Standard settings? I'm going to check out trying to calibrate standard over the next days/weeks as well.....

Thanks for the feedback everyone and glad you are enjoying

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Last update 5/20/13)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12693 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 09:16 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner1959 View Post

...I have the 60" and the bezel is about a half inch with the chrome strip and black plastic trim combined...sleek, very sleek...and even all the way around which i prefer to LG's which is much wider on the bottom...
..wow, where to begin: I am probably known here as the anit-FW updater as it's widely known that I bought my tv in may 2012, with FW 1013.2, and sat on that FW until positive results were reported on the 1046.2 FW (fondly named by another member as the "Bladerunner" FW update"....too bad the OTHER Bladerunner whacked his supermodel girlfriend (for whatever the reason)...I'd have other activities in mind for such a fine specimen of woman other than shooting...and I HAVE been Bladerunner long before he was, long before he had prostetics....but i digress...

For you at 1041, that FW was widely considered inferior so I would recommend you run the update now.You have absolutely nothing to lose. A few people I am in touch with whou updated from 1046.2 to 1047 say they have experienced no changes in behaviour. Please ignore all advise about NOT doing a full update. I experienced a definitive need to do so...so, run your FW update THEN go to the lower section of TV menu and run full update from within Diagnostics and then start tweaking....When I ran the fw 1046.2, i did notive a few things that definately were resolved by re-updating in Diagnostics.

I cant speak to the 1047 however, 1046.2 improved micro dimming behaviour, blacks, detail, color almost completely resolved flashlighting while in Standard mode. I still see some flashlight while in 3D but its very tolerable. I have zero clouding. Excellent uniformity. I will speak to movie mode below...

I'll stay on FW 1046.2 until I hear of a firmware where Emily Blunt atually jumps out of the screen and onto your lap!!!!
.....ah, Movie mode and calibrations...Arenaman and 10k...I'm not a buyer! Love all of your efforts but...

I plugged these settings into my bluray input movie mode. I can say that immediately I saw many issues that I never EVER see with Standard mode.
-Had to tweak to warm1 then standard color as it was wayyyy to warm green yellow

This is precisely why i am the anti calibrator for these panels... I think dialing in based on "ISF" standards or others zaps the 8000 of its core strenghts and trust me...although I watch in Standard mode ...its not torch level "face melting" settings. I love the efforts all of you guys invest in tweaking but based on the above finding...there wont be one Movie mode tweak that does not produce clouding, flashlighting and uniformity issues on my panel.

There is no secret formula or pixie dust to my Standard settings:With FW 1046.2, Micro-dimming is very minimal and tolerable and can easily be dialed out if needed by raising brightness and tweaking a few other items. Try mine if you'd like (some of the calibrators may find mine utterly offensive!!!! biggrin.gif )

Standard Mode
Backlight 10
contrast 95
brightness 45
sharpness 20
tint 50/50

dynamic contrast off
black tone off
flesh tone 0
color space Native (LOVE IT and i think it compensates for NOT tweaking in custom)
gamma 0
black enhance off
hdmi black level normal
AMP Standard baby, gimme real, gimme the clear window to realism...I dont think its overblown SOE at all.
LED motion plus off (but playing as this may produce proper and beneficial enhancements to darks as opposed to ECO setting which are off.

I wont use the Smart HUB from the 8000, all streaming and heavy lifting are done from the SmartHub via my bd-e6500 Sammy bluray player. I'm convinced that some people see weird things happen becasue the tv is communicating to the "outside world"...i wont let mine do that at all. My 8000 is banned from internet, tweeting, texting, streamimg and FaceBook!!! I severed the link once i ran the 1046.2 update.

So, as it stands with the settings above, I've never seen a TV look better to my eyes than my own..and that includes tinkering with an Elite and VT50 at a magnolia store. Yes, they are amazing (although i dont prefer plasma style ) and I'm sure I'd be happy with a Sony, Panny or Elite....but my 8000 dialed in as such is heavenly.

+1
I feel like I might have written that, only not as well. My panel is the same and the settings are almost identical! My feelings are similar.
But I must say I am so incredibly impressed by the dedication people have to tweaking these settings, and I sometimes don't understand why they don't work for me the same way they do for so many others. Could be the panel? I don't get it. I am tempted to have it professionally calibrated but I haven't seen a picture its equal, so why bother?
I love this forum and look forward to reading it daily.
Bladerunner1959 likes this.
post #12694 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksat3 View Post

+1
I feel like I might have written that, only not as well. My panel is the same and the settings are almost identical! My feelings are similar.
But I must say I am so incredibly impressed by the dedication people have to tweaking these settings, and I sometimes don't understand why they don't work for me the same way they do for so many others. Could be the panel? I don't get it. I am tempted to have it professionally calibrated but I haven't seen a picture its equal, so why bother?
I love this forum and look forward to reading it daily.

DITTO DITTO DITTO..these guys are the best...and I have nothing but respect for their efforts! This forum thread is easily the best.

Love for all things Hi-def...Losing count; 200 plus bluray, 500 plus dvd, 30 plus HDdvd and a rapidly growing 50 plus in the cloud.

post #12695 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 09:25 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:

Standard Mode
Backlight 10
contrast 95
brightness 45
sharpness 20
tint 50/50

dynamic contrast off
black tone off
flesh tone 0
gamma 0
black enhance off
hdmi black level normal

It's strange, I hated movie mode with a vengeance, hated it and even had exchanges with several calibrators over it, however 10K's settings (with tweaks) work really well for dark movies in a darkened room, better than my Standard settings though I prefer mine for sports.

I believe in having different settings for different content/viewing environment but I am actually astonished with myself for actually liking movie mode eek.gifbiggrin.gif

Panasonic TXP65VT65B, Samsung BD-C5900, HT-D455, DA-E670, Galaxy S4, Iphone 5, 10.1" Tab 2. SKY HD. Atollo LED light strips, Philips Living Colours Lamp, Harmony One Remote.
post #12696 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 10:19 AM

Liked: 13
Bladerunner, would you mind if I added your settings to the spreadsheet? I think it would be beneficial to some of the unhappy owners of this TV, since a properly calibrated picture doesn't always appeal to everyone; I separated the calibrated settings out, so yours would be in with your panel size. Also, there is a place to add notes, as well as a spot to add a link to your originating post/description.

post #12697 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Galonzo, I am happy to contribute to our file. I appreciate you asking.

post #12698 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

So there is a way to update to 1046.2 without going all the way to 1047 then? Looks like i just go to to Menu, Support, Software update? or is there somewhere else to go for the firmware update? im unsure where to run from diagnostics vs under the standard software update section. sorry for my ignorance.
post #12699 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 12:22 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoD80k View Post

So there is a way to update to 1046.2 without going all the way to 1047 then? Looks like i just go to to Menu, Support, Software update? or is there somewhere else to go for the firmware update? im unsure where to run from diagnostics vs under the standard software update section. sorry for my ignorance.

I am pretty sure if you update it will take you to 1047. I don't think you can update to a specific update unless perhaps you did it through a usb.
post #12700 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

I think only fw 1047 is available now.....but it should be an upgrade from 1041. Run reset from menu Lower section , under contact Samsung, diagnostics...i think...not home now so I can't check.

post #12701 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 12:45 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
The one thing I'd like to mention and probably most here already know copying setting's to your TV will probably result in a different look for every tv its tried on. Maybe that's why bladerunner "isn't buying" someone else's settings. I have five calibrated displays in my home that have the baseline used by the (6500K,Rec 709) ISF/THX standards. When I watch a show on my 120" screen with a projector the brightness, contrast, color are very close to the other displays I have calibrated to the same standard. This is because of a set baseline. The people here with calibrated sets probably look very good here and you would find them to very similar in picture when done with meters. Calibrating by eye will never get a TV properly calibrated...... you may think it is but it is not......I have tried many times and have a good eye for a calibrated displays. I'm not saying it doesn't look good it just isn't probably as good as it can be.

Rick
post #12702 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

I think only fw 1047 is available now.....but it should be an upgrade from 1041. Run reset from menu Lower section , under contact Samsung, diagnostics...i think...not home now so I can't check.

I was on 1041 and upgraded to 1047 yesterday, FWIW.

Brandon 

post #12703 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 01:33 PM
Advanced Member

I've updated my calibration settings and readings that are in my signature. The previous posted settings produced slightly hazy blacks, which I didn't want so I've spent the last week tinkering with it and am completely happy with it finally. I put the meter on it again earlier and could not find anything that I needed/wanted to change. To get rid of the slight haze on blacks I dropped the backlight and raised contrast to compensate for the loss of light. The picture is great! Also, I am not going to even mess with calibrating at 75% saturation because all my colors are pretty spot on after calibrating at 100% saturation. Blue at 75% is the only one that isn't exactly where I'd like it, but I'm assuming that has to do with 100% blue not being able to get exactly where it should be in the CMS. Everything else is very close at all saturation levels, so I'm not going to bother with the 75% calibration. I'm finally done until the next firmware update comes out.

post #12704 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 01:52 PM

I just took some new picture of the problem I am having. this time I also took pictures of the same program on the other Samsung tv we have to show the difference.

The first two are the UN60ES8000 and show the problem I am having. The channel is 280 TLC HD on Directv, the show is Dateline: Real life mysteries.

These next pictures are of the same show at the same time on the Samsung UN46C6300 tv we have that is 2-3 years old

Any help or advice with this issue would be appreciated. I do not want to appear pushy since I have posted a few times in the last few days, I am just looking for any ideas on what the problem may be. Or should I exchange this tv also???

Once again, Thank You!
post #12705 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 02:28 PM
Advanced Member

looks like wrong hdmi level and too high brightness to me confused.gif

(Last update 5/20/13)

post #12706 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 02:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestered View Post

I've updated my calibration settings and readings that are in my signature. The previous posted settings produced slightly hazy blacks, which I didn't want so I've spent the last week tinkering with it and am completely happy with it finally. I put the meter on it again earlier and could not find anything that I needed/wanted to change. To get rid of the slight haze on blacks I dropped the backlight and raised contrast to compensate for the loss of light. The picture is great! Also, I am not going to even mess with calibrating at 75% saturation because all my colors are pretty spot on after calibrating at 100% saturation. Blue at 75% is the only one that isn't exactly where I'd like it, but I'm assuming that has to do with 100% blue not being able to get exactly where it should be in the CMS. Everything else is very close at all saturation levels, so I'm not going to bother with the 75% calibration. I'm finally done until the next firmware update comes out.
Very nice man. Your results keep getting better and better!

Have you tried raising green gain in white balance? Movie mode doesnt clip even at 100 contrast so raising green gain (and then balancing other gains after) is basically like turning contrast up to 120. Just something to think about :P

(Last update 5/20/13)

post #12707 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

RickS, my big issue is movie mode itself as it manifests clouding, flashlighting and uniformity issues aside from tweaking the settings.

post #12708 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post

looks like wrong hdmi level and too high brightness to me confused.gif

Thanks, the brightness is at 48, the backlight is at 6. The current settings are the ones in Galonzo's spreadsheet he has posted in his sig. I have tried quite a few settings from peoples calibrations, just cant get rid of the problem.

We just now took the whole tv and hooked it up to the Directv receiver in the other room that the other tv is hooked to just to see if it made any difference, it did not.
post #12709 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 02:55 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
BR,
I agree with you! I have flashlighting in all modes. The only mode that gets close to what I need is the Movie mode. The BL setting of 5 (34fL) or 6 (39 fL) virtually eliminates the issue and I have the 60ES8000 in a dark light controlled room. The 60D8000 in my upstairs family room is a way better set and has absolutely no flashlighting. I just live with the small amount on the ES. The CMS is very close and over all a great picture. If it was my main source for my movie watching I would be at war with Samsung. It only has a HD Sat box hooked up to it.

Rick
post #12710 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 03:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Standard Mode
Hey man, I am working on calibrating Standard mode and did some measurements in color space Native and Auto. Auto is a lot better than Native with avg dE of 1.9 and 4.4, respectively. Auto was bang on on everything but green, while Native was pretty evenly off across all colors. Native also had all colors 10%+ too much luminance at 100% saturation.

More to come biggrin.gif

(Last update 5/20/13)

post #12711 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trufans View Post

Thanks, the brightness is at 48, the backlight is at 6. The current settings are the ones in Galonzo's spreadsheet he has posted in his sig. I have tried quite a few settings from peoples calibrations, just cant get rid of the problem.

We just now took the whole tv and hooked it up to the Directv receiver in the other room that the other tv is hooked to just to see if it made any difference, it did not.
Try going into Menu->Picture Options->HDMI Black Level and changing that.

(Last update 5/20/13)

post #12712 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:

Try going into Menu->Picture Options->HDMI Black Level and changing that.

That option is grayed out and set on normal on movie mode currently, I tried standard and natural mode and at current settings its also grayed out and set on normal.
If it helps the blotchy areas move around and happen on other colors than black also.
post #12713 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 03:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trufans View Post

That option is grayed out and set on normal on movie mode currently, I tried standard and natural mode and at current settings its also grayed out and set on normal.
If it helps the blotchy areas move around and happen on other colors than black also.
Maybe it is artifacts from noise reduction settings? That HDMI levels thing was my only real guess sorry man.

(Last update 5/20/13)

post #12714 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 03:33 PM

Liked: 11
So what was the conclusion with the 1046 FW and 1047 FW ?? I was currently on the 1035 FW with no issues
post #12715 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 03:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Have you tried raising green gain in white balance? Movie mode doesnt clip even at 100 contrast so raising green gain (and then balancing other gains after) is basically like turning contrast up to 120. Just something to think about :P

Doh! The wife is going to throw something when she sees that meter come out again!

I noticed you had done something different with green and white balance after I posted last. I'll give it a shot and see how it works out. I'm gonna go look at your settings again and see if I can figure out what it is that you're doing. In case it's not obvious to me, what exactly did you do with green and the white balance?

post #12716 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

10k, I look forward to your numbers in Standard....your dedication is amazing...

post #12717 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 04:00 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:

10k, I look forward to your numbers in Standard....your dedication is amazing...

+1

Panasonic TXP65VT65B, Samsung BD-C5900, HT-D455, DA-E670, Galaxy S4, Iphone 5, 10.1" Tab 2. SKY HD. Atollo LED light strips, Philips Living Colours Lamp, Harmony One Remote.
post #12718 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:

Maybe it is artifacts from noise reduction settings? That HDMI levels thing was my only real guess sorry man.

Thanks for the help, and advice. It would be safe to say that this tv is not supposed to be doing this??

I think I am going to just exchange this tv and hope the third one is the winner, I will ask them to get one either right from Samsung or another warehouse. I want to experience the amazing picture this tv is capable of, and that everyone is getting, and the reason I brought this tv!!
post #12719 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 04:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Ok. I think I know what you did. It looks like you simply maxed out green gain then just adjusted 2P and 10P white balance as normal, just at a different starting point because of the boost in green gain. I'm assuming you did the 2P setting at 30 and 80 still? I'll give it a shot and let you know how it works out for me.

post #12720 of 16240 Old 02-23-2013, 04:13 PM
Advanced Member

Here's my in progress first shot at Standard mode for all you brightness junkies smile.gif. I used average brightness (APL) patterns to minimise the impact of the CE dimming but there is still potential interference. Unfortunately the image generator in the HCFR software doesnt generate APL patterns so I have to load the AVS 709 mp4 files manually to take readings, which slows things down by about 5x-10x from my movie mode calibration workflow.

One thing to note is that if the colors arent working for you, set Color to Auto. Auto measures very well at 100% luminance and is sort of acceptable at 75%. My current settings are moderately better at 100% luminance and should be noticeably better at 75%, but if they dont work for you, chances are Auto will give a very good result.

100% white APL pattern gives a whopping 65ftL of brightness at backlight 11, so should be good even for midday.
Grayscale average dE = 1.65 (excellent)
Measured gamma = 2.14 at gamma=0 setting
Primary and secondary 100% luminance colors average dE = 2.2 (excellent)
Primary and secondary 75% luminance colors average dE is around 4 or 6 or so, which is acceptable but could be improved.
standard mode work in progress (Click to show)
Picture Mode: Standard
Backlight: 11 (65ftL)
Contrast: 80
Brightness: 44
Sharpness: 15
Color: 50
Tint 50/50

ADVANCED MENU
Dynamic Contrast Off
Black Tone Off
Flesh Tone 0

COLOR SPACE (Auto is very good as well, use Auto if the below aren't great for you)
Red 30 3 0
Green 7 47 7
Blue 0 3 56
Yellow 51 48 3
Cyan 3 49 54
Magenta 43 5 44

WHITE BALANCE
27 25 22 24 33 0

Gamma 0 (see if you like -1 or -2)
Motion Lighting Off
Black Enhancer Off

PICTURE OPTIONS
Warm2 (lol)
Noise Filters Off
HDMI Black Level: Normal (Maybe Low for bd/cable)
Film Mode Off (grayed out)
Auto Motion Plus Clear (Personal Pref)
LED Motion Plus Off

(Last update 5/20/13)

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Displays , Samsung Un46es8000 Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page