Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread - Page 511 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #15301 of 16277 Old 05-22-2013, 08:26 AM
10k
Advanced Member
 
10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 690
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

As a prior owner of the 60ST60 and now the es7500, do you know how that contrat ratio's and black levels compare from this TV to the ST60? I know you have the es8000 so it might be different then my 7500 but just curious on these numbers.
My prior TV was a panasonic g20 plasma. The black levels of the es8000 are not good in comparison but that is just a limitation of the LCD technology. Overall contrast is probably comparable though as the LCD can output a much much brighter picture than my plasma ever could. The difference is pretty striking if you watch TV during the day in a room with open windows. Overall I'm happy w/ the es8000 and consider it a worthy upgrade from my prior TV.
10k is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #15302 of 16277 Old 05-22-2013, 12:25 PM
Advanced Member
 
Jestered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 509
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillycargt4cs View Post

Just picked up a colormunki display new and sealed for £60.00 or $91.00 and look forward to really improving upon a already amazing picture.
10k and jestered prepare for a barrage of questions

I'd suggest reading through the stuff in 10k's links because that will give you a firm starting point. Once you get knee deep in it, which you will, feel free to ask any questions you may have.
sillycargt4cs likes this.
Jestered is offline  
post #15303 of 16277 Old 05-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
Jestered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 509
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavinwow View Post

Look what came:
I was planning on being scientific about it, and take readings before/after. I won't have time to do that though for a few days, and not sure I can resist temptation :P

Great! I'm tempted to go ahead and order one now that they've come down in price on Amazon. The one thing I have to know is how far it sticks out the back of the TV. My TV is wall mounted and the back of the TV is less than an inch away from the wall. How far does the evo kit box stick out from the back of the TV?
Jestered is offline  
post #15304 of 16277 Old 05-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Member
 
sillycargt4cs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post

Nice, enjoy the ride. I've got some informative links posted in the link in my signature. What size TV do you have? It would be interesting to see what readings you get on your set against those posted by users with meters here.
I have the European 55 ES8000.
not sure how long before posting my results as I will have to borrow a laptop,as HCFR will not work on my macs
sillycargt4cs is offline  
post #15305 of 16277 Old 05-22-2013, 02:21 PM
Advanced Member
 
Jestered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 509
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillycargt4cs View Post

I have the European 55 ES8000.
not sure how long before posting my results as I will have to borrow a laptop,as HCFR will not work on my macs

There's actually a Mac OS version of HCFR, but it won't let you do live meter readings, which in my opinion is a necessity. Especially when doing the CMS adjustments. I also only have Macs and the Windows version of HCFR works perfectly fine in bootcamp. If you have a Macbook you can simply install the HCFR software in bootcamp and run it that way. That's what I do anyway.
Jestered is offline  
post #15306 of 16277 Old 05-22-2013, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eric3316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,391
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 681 Post(s)
Liked: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post

My prior TV was a panasonic g20 plasma. The black levels of the es8000 are not good in comparison but that is just a limitation of the LCD technology. Overall contrast is probably comparable though as the LCD can output a much much brighter picture than my plasma ever could. The difference is pretty striking if you watch TV during the day in a room with open windows. Overall I'm happy w/ the es8000 and consider it a worthy upgrade from my prior TV.
Every time I am away from my TV I keep questioning if I should go back to an 60ST60. Then when I get home and turn on my es7500 I look at it and say, damn that is a nice picture.

I don't even know why I keep questioning my decision.
eric3316 is offline  
post #15307 of 16277 Old 05-22-2013, 04:27 PM
Advanced Member
 
Mavinwow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 720
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestered View Post

Great! I'm tempted to go ahead and order one now that they've come down in price on Amazon. The one thing I have to know is how far it sticks out the back of the TV. My TV is wall mounted and the back of the TV is less than an inch away from the wall. How far does the evo kit box stick out from the back of the TV?

Ill take some pictures for you in a bit, trying to work up the motivation to hook up my meter and run a set of before/after numbers :P

My ES8000 settings, calibrated with an i1D3 and calman: Standard Mode, Movie Mode (out of date, will update soon)
CalMAN 5 Novice Walkthrough
Mavinwow is offline  
post #15308 of 16277 Old 05-22-2013, 04:50 PM
10k
Advanced Member
 
10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 690
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavinwow View Post

Ill take some pictures for you in a bit, trying to work up the motivation to hook up my meter and run a set of before/after numbers :P
Doooo eeeet
gamermwm likes this.
10k is offline  
post #15309 of 16277 Old 05-22-2013, 05:37 PM
Advanced Member
 
Mavinwow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 720
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestered View Post

Great! I'm tempted to go ahead and order one now that they've come down in price on Amazon. The one thing I have to know is how far it sticks out the back of the TV. My TV is wall mounted and the back of the TV is less than an inch away from the wall. How far does the evo kit box stick out from the back of the TV?

Alright, gonna play with this thing. Here are some pics to get you started. Sticks out a little bit.






My ES8000 settings, calibrated with an i1D3 and calman: Standard Mode, Movie Mode (out of date, will update soon)
CalMAN 5 Novice Walkthrough
Mavinwow is offline  
post #15310 of 16277 Old 05-22-2013, 06:58 PM
Advanced Member
 
Jestered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 509
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavinwow View Post

Alright, gonna play with this thing. Here are some pics to get you started. Sticks out a little bit.

Thanks for that! Looking at the pictures I didn't think there would be enough room using my current wall mount and don't have any plans to replace it. I looked up the actual dimensions of the evo kit and it's 0.63 inches deep, so that should fit behind my TV even with my current wall mount. I'm probably going to get one now.
Jestered is offline  
post #15311 of 16277 Old 05-22-2013, 07:36 PM
Advanced Member
 
gamermwm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: OK, USA
Posts: 812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavinwow View Post

Ill take some pictures for you in a bit, trying to work up the motivation to hook up my meter and run a set of before/after numbers :P

There's a least one person on the UK thread who says he is using the F8000 settings with his Evo kit to great results. If that is truly the case then something indeed has changed. Looking forward to your results

What is the meaning of life?
www.iamsecond.com/films
gamermwm is online now  
post #15312 of 16277 Old 05-22-2013, 07:44 PM
Advanced Member
 
Mavinwow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 720
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm View Post

There's a least one person on the UK thread who says he is using the F8000 settings with his Evo kit to great results. If that is truly the case then something indeed has changed. Looking forward to your results

The thing is, perception of picture quality can change even without greyscale or CMS changes. There is more to picture quality than the pure meter readings.

I ran a quick set of readings on Standard mode, and my gamma is much flatter at the lower levels than I am used to seeing for standard mode. I made a few changes to greyscale and CMS, nothing dramatic, a few ticks here or there. There continues to be color errors that I cannot calibrate out of, but all below dE of 2.

Far too early impressions: So far so good with the EvoKit. Picture looks wonderful on standard, tickers are crisp and sharp with AMP set to clear. CNN is stunning as usual. I need to watch a lot more content, but CE dimming seems refined somewhat.

Have not watched any movie-mode yet. It would take a lot though to get me back to Movie mode as I am quite pleased with standard.

My ES8000 settings, calibrated with an i1D3 and calman: Standard Mode, Movie Mode (out of date, will update soon)
CalMAN 5 Novice Walkthrough
Mavinwow is offline  
post #15313 of 16277 Old 05-22-2013, 08:42 PM
Advanced Member
 
gamermwm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: OK, USA
Posts: 812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavinwow View Post

The thing is, perception of picture quality can change even without greyscale or CMS changes. There is more to picture quality than the pure meter readings.

I ran a quick set of readings on Standard mode, and my gamma is much flatter at the lower levels than I am used to seeing for standard mode. I made a few changes to greyscale and CMS, nothing dramatic, a few ticks here or there. There continues to be color errors that I cannot calibrate out of, but all below dE of 2.

Far too early impressions: So far so good with the EvoKit. Picture looks wonderful on standard, tickers are crisp and sharp with AMP set to clear. CNN is stunning as usual. I need to watch a lot more content, but CE dimming seems refined somewhat.

Have not watched any movie-mode yet. It would take a lot though to get me back to Movie mode as I am quite pleased with standard.

Interesting. I'm not nearly the biggest 1046 proselytizer but I do agree that it changed PQ for the better, so we knew it was possible they could tweak this set for optimization even without the kit. But as far as a higher zoning capability relevant to MDUltimate, you're right on because it wouldn't be seen as readily in movie mode. Perhaps this or a future update will increase the effectiveness of Black Enhancer in movie mode so that it will be more on par with the black levels of standard mode

What is the meaning of life?
www.iamsecond.com/films
gamermwm is online now  
post #15314 of 16277 Old 05-23-2013, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eric3316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,391
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 681 Post(s)
Liked: 872
If my whites have a heavy red tint in them what setting should I adjust to remove the red?
eric3316 is offline  
post #15315 of 16277 Old 05-23-2013, 04:31 PM
Advanced Member
 
Mavinwow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 720
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

If my whites have a heavy red tint in them what setting should I adjust to remove the red?

What settings are you using? What mode?

If standard mode, it is probably your contrast jacked up too high causing pink discoloration.

Try to download the AVS709 disc and burn a copy so you have access to some test patterns.

My ES8000 settings, calibrated with an i1D3 and calman: Standard Mode, Movie Mode (out of date, will update soon)
CalMAN 5 Novice Walkthrough
Mavinwow is offline  
post #15316 of 16277 Old 05-23-2013, 04:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
Mavinwow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 720
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm View Post

Interesting. I'm not nearly the biggest 1046 proselytizer but I do agree that it changed PQ for the better, so we knew it was possible they could tweak this set for optimization even without the kit. But as far as a higher zoning capability relevant to MDUltimate, you're right on because it wouldn't be seen as readily in movie mode. Perhaps this or a future update will increase the effectiveness of Black Enhancer in movie mode so that it will be more on par with the black levels of standard mode

I always found black enhancer to not work very well. It seemed like CE dimming was rapid, but black enhancer was a slow dimming. My girlfriend kept asking why the picture was dimming when black enhancer was on, and if she noticed, I know its an issue :P

My ES8000 settings, calibrated with an i1D3 and calman: Standard Mode, Movie Mode (out of date, will update soon)
CalMAN 5 Novice Walkthrough
Mavinwow is offline  
post #15317 of 16277 Old 05-23-2013, 05:57 PM
Advanced Member
 
Mavinwow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 720
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 145
So, Im really missing the pivot feature lately with this TV. Has anyone tried putting the TV on a lazy susan so it can rotate? I would probably need a pretty beefy one to support the weight.

edit: apparently there is an entire market for these things. This one seems fairly nice:

http://www.amazon.com/TV-Swivel-Stand-14-Black/dp/B004A9FHBE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Anyone have experience with something like this?

My ES8000 settings, calibrated with an i1D3 and calman: Standard Mode, Movie Mode (out of date, will update soon)
CalMAN 5 Novice Walkthrough
Mavinwow is offline  
post #15318 of 16277 Old 05-23-2013, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eric3316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,391
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 681 Post(s)
Liked: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavinwow View Post

What settings are you using? What mode?

If standard mode, it is probably your contrast jacked up too high causing pink discoloration.

Try to download the AVS709 disc and burn a copy so you have access to some test patterns.
It is in movie mode from some calibrated settings from the spreadsheet.
eric3316 is offline  
post #15319 of 16277 Old 05-23-2013, 07:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
Mavinwow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 720
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 145
FYI: EK is back in stock at costcentral for $180 shipped, or Amazon is listing it for $192, not in stock though. I am very happy with my purchase, full review to come. Glad this thing is priced reasonably.

My ES8000 settings, calibrated with an i1D3 and calman: Standard Mode, Movie Mode (out of date, will update soon)
CalMAN 5 Novice Walkthrough
Mavinwow is offline  
post #15320 of 16277 Old 05-23-2013, 11:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Ripper64's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 490
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I posted last week I bought the 60ES. I had a stuck red pixel looking directly at it. Under a magnifying glass it looked dark blue or black. It was off to the side a couple inches from the frame and decided I could live with it. I later noticed today a small red blotch the size of a quarter or more on a black screen switching inputs. I decided to return the TV at that point.

All the batteries were dead for all the items and the glasses batteries missing. Batteries are cheap so I didn't care. The chrome bezel had some light scuff marks. It looked like somebody had it previously, plus it was a demo for about 6 months. I asked if it was a return as I didn't care if everything checked out. They told me no, but the glasses had all the stickers on the lenses off and they were not wrapped up, just tossed in the glasses box. Things didn't add up. The red blotch was the final deal killer.

It's really too bad. I loved the picture quality. I had a chance at the 65" for an extra $500 but it sold the day after I bought mine. Maybe I should have grabbed that one instead. I promised myself I would move to a 70" set since I had a 58 Panny plasma previously. Maybe its for the best. I was looking forward shoot'n the crap with you guys. Looks like I'll be moving on to something else. Maybe I might try the Sony 70" R550A since the price is right for a big screen. I had a quick look at it in a store out of town a couple weeks ago. I can say it isn't as nice as the ES8000, but might suffice for the time being. Unless I go plasma again.
Ripper64 is offline  
post #15321 of 16277 Old 05-24-2013, 04:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Bladerunner1959's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Pittsburgh...Preferably the Virgin Islands....
Posts: 1,070
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Best of luck with whatever you buy Ripper.

Love for all things Hi-def...Losing count; 200 plus bluray, 500 plus dvd, 30 plus HDdvd and a rapidly growing 50 plus in the cloud.

Bladerunner1959 is offline  
post #15322 of 16277 Old 05-24-2013, 11:41 AM
Advanced Member
 
Jestered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 509
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Well I just ordered the Evo Kit through Amazon for $179.10 out the door. I'll also run some before and after meter readings, but am not expecting there to be any real changes in the readings.
sillycargt4cs likes this.
Jestered is offline  
post #15323 of 16277 Old 05-24-2013, 12:06 PM
Senior Member
 
arenaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eng-er-land
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillycargt4cs View Post

Just picked up a colormunki display new and sealed for £60.00 or $91.00 and look forward to really improving upon a already amazing picture.
10k and jestered prepare for a barrage of questions

I'm thinking about getting a calibration set, which one did you buy

It's been a while since I've been in this thread, I think it would take weeks to catch up.

Panasonic TXP65VT65B, Samsung BD-C5900, HT-D455, DA-E670, Galaxy S4, Iphone 5, 10.1" Tab 2. SKY HD. Atollo LED light strips, Philips Living Colours Lamp, Harmony One Remote.
arenaman is offline  
post #15324 of 16277 Old 05-24-2013, 12:31 PM
Member
 
sillycargt4cs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by arenaman View Post

I'm thinking about getting a calibration set, which one did you buy

It's been a while since I've been in this thread, I think it would take weeks to catch up.

I got a colormunki display which I will be using with hcfr
I had been watching them for a couple of weeks and this came up on a buy it now new and sealed.
They roughly sell for £60 used and 110 new.
sillycargt4cs is offline  
post #15325 of 16277 Old 05-24-2013, 12:38 PM
Senior Member
 
arenaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eng-er-land
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillycargt4cs View Post

I got a colormunki display which I will be using with hcfr
I had been watching them for a couple of weeks and this came up on a buy it now new and sealed.
They roughly sell for £60 used and 110 new.

Is there only 1 model? £60 is a steal for a nice little toy to play around with smile.gif

Panasonic TXP65VT65B, Samsung BD-C5900, HT-D455, DA-E670, Galaxy S4, Iphone 5, 10.1" Tab 2. SKY HD. Atollo LED light strips, Philips Living Colours Lamp, Harmony One Remote.
arenaman is offline  
post #15326 of 16277 Old 05-24-2013, 01:06 PM
Member
 
sillycargt4cs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by arenaman View Post

Is there only 1 model? £60 is a steal for a nice little toy to play around with smile.gif
Colormunki do other models but the colormunki display is based on the i1 display pro which is THE ONE to go for but a little more expensive.
sillycargt4cs is offline  
post #15327 of 16277 Old 05-24-2013, 03:44 PM
Advanced Member
 
Jestered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 509
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillycargt4cs View Post

Colormunki do other models but the colormunki display is based on the i1 display pro which is THE ONE to go for but a little more expensive.

That's right. The ColorMunki Display is exactly the same meter as the i1Display Pro, which is a very widely used meter and considered one of the best you can get, but it's got a slightly slower meter read time. Other than that they are the exact same meter made by the same company. The difference in price between the two made my decision in which one to buy a no-brainer.
Jestered is offline  
post #15328 of 16277 Old 05-24-2013, 09:02 PM
Newbie
 
jimmyva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Guys:

Help. I keep coming back to the UN60ES8000. The Aqous is nice, The Pannie ST60 is nice. Is this one, the one? It's a 2012 model? And hoping my old analog receiver will get the sound from it? Thanks, you guys rock when buying.
jimmyva is offline  
post #15329 of 16277 Old 05-25-2013, 12:33 AM
Advanced Member
 
gamermwm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: OK, USA
Posts: 812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaNorway;19051113 
Hi!

Just got off the phone with Samsung, there are no plans to introduce the Cinema Black function on the ES8K series as it was decided it added more problems than it solved.

Some algorithms were enhanced to enable the user to get the same effect via the picture settings, as if properly adjusted, there shouldn't be any light bleed from the black bars whatsoever, which I tend to agree with

Will the EK affect the picture quality on an ES8K series?

Absolutely, but not dramatically was the definitive answer.

Enthusiasts will see improvements but the average user not so much.

As far as Samsung further tweaking the picture via firmware updates, one could say they are fanatically obsessed with doing so, which is why the sets have received so many updates in the last year and will continue to do so, which isn't a bad thing IMHO.

Just saw this on AVF (UK). Pretty much confirms what I've been saying sinice way back in this thread and what some others also thought would happen. Note the tweaking of algorithms and mention of at least a subtle picture quality improvement (probably through MDUltimate). Samsung would be crazy to publicly claim PQ improvement when the improvements are not drastic, which I'm sure is why they haven't. The person I quoted has some inside contacts and if you visit the UK thread you'll notice that his credentials are never in question. Now its just up to our expert calibrators to pick out the subtle improvements in picture quality as more firmware updates are released to take advantage of the kit

What is the meaning of life?
www.iamsecond.com/films
gamermwm is online now  
post #15330 of 16277 Old 05-25-2013, 05:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
eagle_2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,752
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavinwow View Post

So, Im really missing the pivot feature lately with this TV. Has anyone tried putting the TV on a lazy susan so it can rotate? I would probably need a pretty beefy one to support the weight.

edit: apparently there is an entire market for these things. This one seems fairly nice:

http://www.amazon.com/TV-Swivel-Stand-14-Black/dp/B004A9FHBE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Anyone have experience with something like this?

I could use something like that for sure for my F8000, but due to the absurdly long dimensions of the F8000 stand, I would need a huuuge swivel, which even if they made one that long, would cost a lot of money. They really need to go back to a more basic style stand that is actually functional, with swivel, especially with the lousy viewing angles these sets have. It's crazy that these sets can't swivel.
eagle_2 is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Displays , Samsung Un46es8000 Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off