Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread - Page 529 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 09-25-2013, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
What is the 2013 model number for the TV that replaced the UN60ES8000? My insurance company is trying to screw me, and found one of the same model online, not from a reputable dealer, and of course its not even close to the price I paid. So I'm trying to show him what I can walk into Best Buy today and purchase that would be the same thing, and what it would cost.

I just don't know what model number I need to use, what is this years 60" LED Top of the line TV?

EDIT:

Sorry Google is my friend, would it be, the Samsung UN60F8000?
I don't think its fair of them to try to tell me they can replace it with the same one, but yet I can't walk into Best Buy and purchase that same model that was stolen. Their online search would find it a LOT cheaper than what I paid, and I doubt its from a place I can walk into like Best Buy, and purchase and look at etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2013, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 51
Yes, the F8000 is the 2013 replacement of the 2012 ES8000.

Love for all things Hi-def...Losing count; 200 plus bluray, 500 plus dvd, 30 plus HDdvd and a rapidly growing 50 plus in the cloud.

Old 09-26-2013, 03:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaptor99 View Post

I'm glad I'm not the only one smile.gif If you see this thread, half way thru, people are complaining about the same thing. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/59044-4-samsung-smart-find-network-connections

The only way mine works now is if I change my 2.4 SSID to the same name and password as it was before all this started, then just restart the TV and it connects. If I try the wizard again, it disconnects and the problem starts again. It seems somehow the old SSID info is stored and cannot be reset.

Anyhow, I opened a ticket with Samsung, and we are at the final stage where they might send someone over to look at the problem.

I suggest people open a ticket so that Samsung can start looking at their firmware.
So this happened after updating the TV firmware, not the Evo Kit firmware? I'll tell you I updated my Evo firmware to the version with a 9 in it and I don't like it as well as the last one. The TV channel selection of my STB doesn't work anymore and I can't connect the goddamn thing. I'm never updating the friggin firmware on one of these things unless it starts making wine or something.

Samsung ES8000 65", Evo Kit installed, Yamaha AVR with Paradigm speakers, iMac, iPad, Apple TV and HTC One phone.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:21 AM

Liked: 14
I am having no luck with getting on the internet either....

My Samsung un55es8000 started shutting off and on repeatedly. So I unplugged the tv and it did not help. I then unplugged the tv and took the evo kit off. I started the tv again, updated software on tv to 1051, again, because as we know, the update reverts back to the last update you did. Unplugged the tv put the evo kit on, it re installed, upgraded, FW 1008, and then when I went to the setup. I am not sure if the evo kit has held the firmware, or if it indeed connected to the internet to "upgrade".
I too am no longer able to connect to the internet. It will locate the Mac address, but won't locate the rest of the information it needs.
I have repeated this 3 times now and reset the tv to factory settings, unplugged the router, plugged it back in, no help.
I just wanted to report this to the forum. I will contact Samsung when I get the chance and try to get some help.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:28 PM

Liked: 10
I had a Samsung Technician over and without going into any troubleshooting, he just opened up the TV, replaced the WiFi Module (Part # BN59-01148B), and everything is working fine now. I asked him what could have gone wrong with the chip, and he just said it's an old one and not compatible with new routers. Doesn't make sense since I did not change routers. But anyways, it's fixed now. I can connect to 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 51
Has anyone obtained the Samsung made soundbar mount kit, the flat bracket that screws directly into the back of the es8000 ? The only reference i can provide is a part # on one for the D series 55". ATB10 . I imagine one for the 60" es8000 could have a similar part#. Its a nice clean install part that i'd love to have.

Love for all things Hi-def...Losing count; 200 plus bluray, 500 plus dvd, 30 plus HDdvd and a rapidly growing 50 plus in the cloud.

Old 09-29-2013, 07:39 AM

Liked: 11
Any Gamers out there that have bought GTA 5? I have the xbox version of the game and I gotta say that the PQ looks pretty bad and there is a lot of lag without game mode ON. I play with GM off . Any thoughts or hints? I know we have been over this a thousand times here but this game in particular needs its own thread I feel. Another thing is God of War 3 played and looked gorgeous.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:15 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonSplitter View Post

Any Gamers out there that have bought GTA 5? I have the xbox version of the game and I gotta say that the PQ looks pretty bad and there is a lot of lag without game mode ON. I play with GM off . Any thoughts or hints? I know we have been over this a thousand times here but this game in particular needs its own thread I feel. Another thing is God of War 3 played and looked gorgeous.

Thats because this game is REALLY meant for New gen consoles & PC........I believe it was down graded for xb360 & ps3.
Thats about all i can think of ATM.

SEK-2000/ZA....Any GOOD ?
Old 09-30-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonSplitter View Post

God, I've got the same question and tried several settings.
I'm still not happy with any setting for gaming, some look good but others, specially GTA V, looks pretty awful, complety different to videos I've seen on some reviews; I have no idea how this game gets a 10 on graphics...I still think some TVs may display it properly, something I am not able to achieve with my 46ES8000 :_(
Can't find good gaming settings!!!
Old 09-30-2013, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Been looking or a while and still can't find and answer to this question. Every time start the allshare app, it asks me to set the time and date. Also starting yesterday, when ever I power on my TV it says it's not concected to the network. I hit cancel and without adjusting anything, I can watch netflix or hulu, Any suggestions?
Old 10-01-2013, 02:14 AM

Liked: 12
Has or does anyone's else's ES wifi module in the tv make a high pitched sound?
Old 10-01-2013, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayeta View Post

God, I've got the same question and tried several settings.
I'm still not happy with any setting for gaming, some look good but others, specially GTA V, looks pretty awful, complety different to videos I've seen on some reviews; I have no idea how this game gets a 10 on graphics...I still think some TVs may display it properly, something I am not able to achieve with my 46ES8000 :_(
Can't find good gaming settings!!!
I found the reason for my situation I think. I used to have a PS3 hooked up to the set until it died. Any and all gaming with the PS3 looked and played beautifully. I now have an xbox and I gotta say the graphics comparisons are different. I'm not a PS3 fanboy or anything but when I hooked up my sons PS3 to my TV it looked better. Not great but better.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorca74 View Post

zaptor99, am having similar issue here. I think latest firmware might be the cause of the problem. Am in Serbia and latest firmware here is 002009. Everything worked fine for me until latest firmware and several days a go.

I own a TV for almost a year now, never had any issues with wifi connection tability or connecting, and didn't change any hardware/software for a year. Nothing changed except TV's firmware. TV was always connected to my dual band router on 5GhZ frequency. So, yes TV definitely supports 5GHz.. It did support 5Ghz until recently, that is.

I've tried everything I could think of, reseting TV to factory defaults in Menu many times, disconnecting it from power for hours, didn't help. I can't even connect it to my 5GHz router, not even when network is fully opened. At first, my TV behaved exactly like yours. Than, after several resets, it started finding wifi networks but couldn't connect to my router via 5GHz. 2.4GHz apparently worked than. Now, I can't even find a single wifi network and I know there are at least 10 in my neighborhood, including 2 of mine, 2.4GHZ and 5GHz ones. When I manage to find them after couple of more resets, can't connect the TV to any of them. No matter 5 or 2.4GHZ ones.

One of previous firmwares screwed up the Samsung blue light below display. It was blinking erratically. I thought diode died or something so I turned it off in settings. But, when TV updated itself to new firmware several weeks later, I again turned it on in settings, and voila, the light is alive! So, am thinking we have the same issue here but I don't know if its possible to solve it without Samsung releasing new firmware that will fix the issue. And they might not know about the issue.

Btw. I was using same SSID name for both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz networks. Likes I said, configuration wizard not can't find a single network. Again.
I just did factory rest (TV is off: info, mute, menu, power was the service menu combination). It didn't help. Configuration wizard fails to find any network. Didn't see any settings regarding wifi region.

Edit: Samsung did definitely screw up 5GHz support of the TV. At the end, I managed to connect to 2.4GHz. But, every time I tried to connect to 5Ghz network, to which I now gave a different SSID name than 2.4GHz network, configuration wizard failed. It starts searching than shortly after, closes prematurely. THe problem is that this attempt to connect to 5GHZ network also screws up network configuration wizard so much, that its impossible to connect to 2.4GHz without reseting the TV or disabling 5GHz router function. And everything worked fine for almost a year!

Have you tried the new FW 2011.1 from Samsung site?
Is strange because when I check from TV for FW updates it tells me that I have the latest one (2009), but on Samsung site I see 2011.1 being the latest.

Best regards.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:52 AM

Anyone know what the hell is up with my TV? I've had my 60es8000 for almost a year without a problem but in the last week. It's been power cycling and locking up and not being responsive with the remote. Have to unplug the power to get it to function again. It used to just be once a month or so but has gotten worse in the last week.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:49 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDude View Post

Anyone know what the hell is up with my TV? I've had my 60es8000 for almost a year without a problem but in the last week. It's been power cycling and locking up and not being responsive with the remote. Have to unplug the power to get it to function again. It used to just be once a month or so but has gotten worse in the last week.

Repair time. You need to set up a repair through Samsung. I would do that ASAP before your warranty runs out.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDude View Post

Yeah, that has happened to others and need some part to fix it. Repair time!

Samsung ES8000 65", Evo Kit installed, Yamaha AVR with Paradigm speakers, iMac, iPad, Apple TV and HTC One phone.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:22 PM

My question is about colour settings on my UE40ES8000 fitted with Evolution Kit with latest 2006.2 firmware.

As far as colour settings are concerned, I use 10k's settings like the ones posted on page 399 of this thread.
These settings, both standard as well as film are just fine for me. That is, they are fine in combination with my cable set top box.

I also have USB disk drives on my tv to play films. I'm sure these films are prime quality 1080p.
The settings which work wonders for my set top box are actually no good for my USB material.

First of all: why is that? Why is it that these settings are good for tv viewing, but way off for watching films from USB disk?
And even more importantly: How can I fix this?
Surely I need to fiddle around with colour settings, but after a lot of fiddling, I can't seem to find a good setting anymore.
The most striking in the image colour is that there seems to be a greenish haze over the screen.
Switching from standard to natural removes the green, but that washes out detail.

Advice is highly appreciated.

Samsung UE40ES8000, Yamaha RX-V675 receiver, iPad, iPhone
Old 10-08-2013, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
I had my 55 calibrated by Best Buy for free a few weeks ago. Dude put the back light on 20 and now I see flash lighting. In addition I see red outlines in between peoples faces and backgrounds. Looks like I will be giving them a call back.

Other than that it does look a little better.

HEY, you viewing dumbasses!

NOW!
NEW!
ALL NEW!

(insert name of show here)
NEXT!
8/9 PM ET
TUESDAY!
NEXT WEEK!
IN 2 WEEKS!

My Samsung 55" D8000 LED-3D tv settings.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx6bfast View Post

I had my 55 calibrated by Best Buy for free a few weeks ago. Dude put the back light on 20 and now I see flash lighting. In addition I see red outlines in between peoples faces and backgrounds. Looks like I will be giving them a call back.

Other than that it does look a little better.
Try my settings from the link in my signature. I spent around 80hrs with a meter learning how to calibrate and we have the same panel. Backlight 20 is not going to give a good picture unless you have open skylights and are watching tv at noon.
gamermwm likes this.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topdude View Post

My question is about colour settings on my UE40ES8000 fitted with Evolution Kit with latest 2006.2 firmware.

As far as colour settings are concerned, I use 10k's settings like the ones posted on page 399 of this thread.
These settings, both standard as well as film are just fine for me. That is, they are fine in combination with my cable set top box.

I also have USB disk drives on my tv to play films. I'm sure these films are prime quality 1080p.
The settings which work wonders for my set top box are actually no good for my USB material.

First of all: why is that? Why is it that these settings are good for tv viewing, but way off for watching films from USB disk?
And even more importantly: How can I fix this?
Surely I need to fiddle around with colour settings, but after a lot of fiddling, I can't seem to find a good setting anymore.
The most striking in the image colour is that there seems to be a greenish haze over the screen.
Switching from standard to natural removes the green, but that washes out detail.

Advice is highly appreciated.
This may be a stupid question but, did you enter new settings WHILE watching a moviie from usb? If I remember right, smarthub (including usb movies) actually is a different "set" of settings than the hdmi inputs. Is it possible you only modified the settings for watching cable (hdmi input) and not usb (smarthub)?
Old 10-08-2013, 11:16 PM

No stupid question.

Yes, I typed in all the numbers while playing content from USB.

Good? Bad?

Old 10-09-2013, 08:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topdude View Post

No stupid question.

Yes, I typed in all the numbers while playing content from USB.

Good? Bad?
Huh, that is weird. Maybe the encoding settings on your files are using parameters that the TV cannot decode properly? I see zero difference between files played via usb stick or hdmi input using the same settings. I've also verified this with my meter as I used to display patterns via usb before using a laptop via hdmi to display calibration patterns. Same readings in both cases for me.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe do a factory reset and re-enter your settings.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:11 PM

The factory reset is something I had already done earlier.

The only solution now seems to, first of all, cancel the warm2 setting and change that into normal. That sort of removes the greenish haze for a good part.
Then switch colour space back to auto.

This makes the picture watchable. Not good.

The content is simply x264 material. The tv should not have any problems decoding that.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post

Try my settings from the link in my signature. I spent around 80hrs with a meter learning how to calibrate and we have the same panel. Backlight 20 is not going to give a good picture unless you have open skylights and are watching tv at noon.
Thanks, I'll keep this post bookmarked. I called Geek Squad as well as the tech and they are coming back out Wednesday. I hope I don't run into the same problems I had with the 55d8K.

NOW!
NEW!
ALL NEW!

NEXT!
8/9 PM ET
TUESDAY!
NEXT WEEK!
IN 2 WEEKS!

Old 10-12-2013, 04:01 PM

Yes, starbucks2010. I've installed new FW 2011.1 . No change. Thinking of going back actually.

46“ 46ES8000S - 002009 (T-ECPDEUC-2009.2) firmw.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Has anybody setup there evo kit universal remote setup with samsung blu ray player or AVR. i cant get either to setup i get error msg

THERE WAS AN ERROR WHILE DOWNLOADING , PLEASE SELECT TRY AGAIN

then if i do get it to the power function screen it doesnt turn power. im using the exact model BDF7500

any suggestions or anyone experience this
Old 10-17-2013, 07:31 AM

Hi everyone ..It's been a while ..Any one has problem accessing NETFLIX Apps from Smart Hub !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can access Internet , my Netflix account is good and can access through the browser, but the smart hub apps gives error since Friday, just before Thanksgiving mad.gif
I contacted Samsung, they tried couple of troubleshooting didi not work, then one of them said there is a problem with the apps they are working on it call back on Tues, I called back not resolved..called back wed nothing, the agents don't even know there is an issue with the application ...they tell me wit another day ..
I am frustrated with the lack of communication, knowledge of problems in the company and why consumers has to suffer.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Been MIA for awhile, but there was a killer one-day sale on the Darblet yesterday so I bit on one. Will report back.

My ES8000 settings, calibrated with an i1D3 and calman: Standard Mode, Movie Mode (out of date, will update soon)
CalMAN 5 Novice Walkthrough
Old 10-17-2013, 06:24 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavinwow View Post

Been MIA for awhile, but there was a killer one-day sale on the Darblet yesterday so I bit on one. Will report back.
The only thing you will be reporting is good things. Set it at about 45% and throw in a BluRay it's that good . It's the only Video processor that I have been around where the better you feed it the more amazing it is.

Nothing's Perfect So Stop Expecting It ! Glenee

Old 10-19-2013, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsung UN65ES View Post

Hi everyone ..It's been a while ..Any one has problem accessing NETFLIX Apps from Smart Hub !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can access Internet , my Netflix account is good and can access through the browser, but the smart hub apps gives error since Friday, just before Thanksgiving mad.gif
I contacted Samsung, they tried couple of troubleshooting didi not work, then one of them said there is a problem with the apps they are working on it call back on Tues, I called back not resolved..called back wed nothing, the agents don't even know there is an issue with the application ...they tell me wit another day ..
I am frustrated with the lack of communication, knowledge of problems in the company and why consumers has to suffer.
Thanksgiving, 2012???

NOW!
NEW!
ALL NEW!

NEXT!
8/9 PM ET
TUESDAY!
NEXT WEEK!
IN 2 WEEKS!

Tags
Samsung , Displays , Samsung Un46es8000 Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv