post #16111 of 16240 Old 03-06-2014, 09:29 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by parodielin View Post

I discovered a big cloud area in the right / bottom of the TV, not on the edge, but close to the center. It wasn't there before. The TV is still within one year of purchase from Amazon.

I called Samsung. They said the TV is out of the warranty b/c the mfg date was December 2012. I told them it was purchased from Amazon at March 2013. They asked me to call Amazon. Are they serious? Am I bad luck to make an inquiry to someone who has no clue or this is how Samsung does things?

I said I can email them the receipt or the order number, and they can verify w/ Amazon whatever they want. They said that's not possible "if you don't buy from us, we have no way to verify". So be aware, all Samsung products you bought from authorized dealers, Samsung will track their warranty by mfg dates.

This is the second issue I had w/ this TV. The first one was TV freeze. I thought at this age, TV shouldn't be that fragile. But the one I had is.

I'm dealing with the same issue, Samsung has replaced the panel twice and the clouding is worse than it was to begin with... now I'm waiting on a third repair and the panel is on backorder....

Samsung's customer service is brutal, every time I call they transfer me to the US line, they have tried to weasel out of my warranty a number of times, super rude customer service reps. I will not be buying another Samsung anything.
RiED27880 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16112 of 16240 Old 03-06-2014, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you.. I have been looking thru the forum and couldnt locate best picture setting for 65"...
post #16113 of 16240 Old 03-08-2014, 07:58 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by david7979 View Post

Thank you.. I have been looking thru the forum and couldnt locate best picture setting for 65"...

I think Most of the ppl that have shared their calibrated settings are owners of the 55" es8000.
Next popular size for shared setings is the 65" but lots of ppl had complained about vertical banding on that size.
GL finding a good shared calibrated settings.

I find the 55" to be more popular for PC & gaming use.
I believe the 50" was the best for least amount of input lag & screen uniformity when it comes to gaming.
My set was manufactured DEC 2012 & has been working well as a PC/gaming monitor.
been using it on average 18hrs a day for 13 months, my Only complaint is that when using the smart hub's YouTube app it freezes up on video's longer then 15mins.
Enjoy ur TV, i know i love mine.
Lastly, i NEVER tried using the voice or motion control on this set & "maybe" the ppl that have had difficulties with their sets are cause of using it & or the smart hub features.
Just my guess.

SEK-2000/ZA....Any GOOD ?
post #16114 of 16240 Old 03-13-2014, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Haven't checked in for a few months. OugaBooga said there's an update 1054. Anybody take the bait, and if so anything change. I still use Garnoch's Standard settings and they still look great. Watched Gravity in 3D the other night....fantastic.
Bladerunner1959 likes this.

Samsung ES8000 65", Evo Kit installed, Yamaha AVR with Paradigm speakers, iMac, iPad, Apple TV and HTC One phone.
post #16115 of 16240 Old 03-13-2014, 05:18 PM

Liked: 13
I feel the most recent update increase the light output on the Movie mode significantly. The standard mode is very "dark" comparing to the Movie mode. I never turned back to Standard mode until the technician came to my house and said he needed to look at the issue at different modes. I was a bit surprised on how dark the standard mode is (all factory settings)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebignewt View Post

Haven't checked in for a few months. OugaBooga said there's an update 1054. Anybody take the bait, and if so anything change. I still use Garnoch's Standard settings and they still look great. Watched Gravity in 3D the other night....fantastic.
post #16116 of 16240 Old 03-14-2014, 04:09 PM

Liked: 13
I took the words back. Samsung just replaced my panel. The issue was with my previous panel. It was acting up. The firmware didn't change that significantly (both panels are in factory default setting). This is the third 65 panel on my TV. The uniformity has improved. The vertical banding is almost completely gone. In purity test, I need to look really hard and maybe identify a bit on the edge.

This time the experience was much better. The first technician really screwed my impression w/ Samsung. After they saw my pictures of the problem, the panel replacement was approved and they sent someone right away. Not sure if it helps by talking to their executive customer relations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by parodielin View Post

I feel the most recent update increase the light output on the Movie mode significantly. The standard mode is very "dark" comparing to the Movie mode. I never turned back to Standard mode until the technician came to my house and said he needed to look at the issue at different modes. I was bit surprised on how dark the standard mode is (all factory settings)
post #16117 of 16240 Old 03-24-2014, 03:14 AM

Liked: 11
ive been an owner of 65 inch es8000 since may 2013. was initially happy until i started getting problems...

i was also affected by the issue of the unit having those hang ups and reboot... 3 months of medium use average 3hrs/day max. the thing is i couldnt ask for support and warranty because i imported my unit from the USA.

i did try to contact the local samsung dealership, but as expected they wouldnt honor the warranty. i was given the option of buying replacement parts from them instead.. which is not a bad option. so i dove into that option.. it costed me more or less $250. it took them around one month to have the part in stock (main board)... during that time, i also bought a main board off ebay just to have standby board...

true enough, after 2 weeks of replacing that part, the tv again showed the same symptoms... which they did refund me my payment.. (technician said that it wasnt a main board problem, but a panel problem)....

then i used my spare main board off ebay.. replaced the tcon board (which was my hunch for the problem)... tested the tv without any problems... after which i sold it for approximately $2k to my friend. he got it last dec 2013..

come feb 2014, the tv again showed the same symptoms... my friend called me up and told me about it... i wouldnt risk my friendship with him so i offered to just refund him his payment.. and i got the tv back for more extensive research..

upon further research, some say that the power board is the culprit. but i wouldnt want to buy a new power board without further testing... i came to a hypothesis that it wasnt the tcon board but the main board, because the reason that it reboots is because the cannot "think", hence it goes into that cycle of reboots.. i was thinking that the cpu off the main board overheats, and i would just test it over the weekend on what temperature the tv starts showing reboot/artifact symptoms...

so armed with an infrared thermometer, i did a series of tests and readings... TV process operates at an average of 90degrees celsius... i was waiting for it to show symptoms.... waiting.... waiting... waiting......

funny thing is, it wouldnt go into that malfunction cycle... tested it straight for around 12-16 hours for the past weekend... and it wouldnt malfunction! wherein the normal symptoms would occur around 30 minutes of operation...

bewildered, i went on with the stress test, waiting for it to show problems.... and until now, as of today, it still wouldnt show problems... i decided not to sell this tv until i make sure that i know the problem.. if indeed its overheating, then i will haveto put additional heatsinks for better heat dissipation....\

anyways.. just ranting on my lemon TV... right now i upgraded to a samsung 75inch f8000 series... which has better color, and no backlight bleeding and vertical banding...

btw just to show you how bad the vertical banding in my es8000.. here are some pics of it.. warning: very very ugly.

post #16118 of 16240 Old 03-24-2014, 01:58 PM

Man, that is a horrible picture. I wouldn't put up with that for 10 minutes. Why didn't you get rid of it under warranty when you saw that? I've never seen any of that on mine.

Samsung ES8000 65", Evo Kit installed, Yamaha AVR with Paradigm speakers, iMac, iPad, Apple TV and HTC One phone.
post #16119 of 16240 Old 03-24-2014, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebignewt View Post

Man, that is a horrible picture. I wouldn't put up with that for 10 minutes. Why didn't you get rid of it under warranty when you saw that? I've never seen any of that on mine.

1. coz i imported the TV from the usa, and since im in another country, there's no warranty.

2. and i never noticed the vertical banding till i started reading avsforums and doing calibration and knowing about issues.. once seen, it cannot be unseen. biggrin.gif
post #16120 of 16240 Old 03-24-2014, 09:31 PM
Advanced Member

Samsung panels are all defective at least for the ES series.... three different sets and three panel replacements and all of them exhibited bad clouding and crap uniformity.... do yourself a favour and buy something else.

post #16121 of 16240 Old 03-25-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digimat View Post

Samsung panels are all defective at least for the ES series.... three different sets and three panel replacements and all of them exhibited bad clouding and crap uniformity.... do yourself a favour and buy something else.

They look fine to me lol. Well you're in luck, they quit selling the E8000 series a long time ago.

post #16122 of 16240 Old 03-25-2014, 02:18 PM
Advanced Member

Play a 3D movie for a short period of time or enable 3D for 2D viewing then switch over to a black screen like the test pattern shown... I think you'll change your opinion.

The backlighting system maybe the defect and not the panel... in either case the uniformity is unacceptable for the price of this TV.

It's a good thing they stopped selling these sets.
post #16123 of 16240 Old 03-25-2014, 08:01 PM

based on the stand of the tv, that looks like a D series? (chicken feet)
post #16124 of 16240 Old 03-26-2014, 12:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxx9299 View Post

based on the stand of the tv, that looks like a D series? (chicken feet)

The D series was three years ago, it's an es7500... the 8000's little handicapped brother.
post #16125 of 16240 Old 04-04-2014, 07:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 64
I would be interested in selling my EK kit soon if anyone is interested. The new one is about to be here in the coming months. I saw one listing with an expected availability date of June 2nd (we'll see about that). Works flawlessly and would come with original box and the new smart remote and I'd give someone a good deal on it close to the time the new one comes out

-Mike

post #16126 of 16240 Old 04-19-2014, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 51
Still loving this tv after 2 years. Never got the E-kit and wont. Still on firmware 1046.2. I have the 60".

The newer sets have not tempted me at all but I'm hoping that 4k source material is abundant and that a 4k-oled or equivalents are the standard when I start shopping in 2 years.

Love for all things Hi-def...Losing count; 200 plus bluray, 500 plus dvd, 30 plus HDdvd and a rapidly growing 50 plus in the cloud.

post #16127 of 16240 Old 04-22-2014, 03:31 PM

Liked: 20
they never should've put out the 65 inch version for sale. the ES series were mostly good all the way up to 60 inch. it's the 65 inch panel that were horrid.

TV: Samsung 60inch 60ES8000 LED TV,
Sound System: Pioneer VSX 1120-K, 2x JBL Stadium fronts, 1x JBL EC35 center, 4x JBL L820 surrounds, 1x JBL SUB12 for a complete 7.1
Headphones: Sennheiser HD598, HD650 headphone, Audio Technica ATH-AD700, AD900X
post #16128 of 16240 Old 04-23-2014, 08:11 PM

I have a few questions for the folks in Canada and the US. It's possible that those in Europe, or else where may have the same issues I'm asking others to check, but with different firmware than us in North America, you may not.

Firstly, I know that many on here don't use the Smart Hub, or any of the other "smart" features included with the ES8000, and that some of you have updated with the Evolution Kit. My questions are just for those without the Evo Kit. And as for non-SH users, if you could check on this it would be great also.

Most of these are small points that many don't care about, but for a Flagship TV, just over a year old, these smart features should not become unsupported, discontinued, or left to rot. If you notice the same, please chime in.

Web Browser:
The browser no longer displays thumbnail pictures in the favorites tab, and this seems to affect the same when using the History button on the remote, as they also used to show up there as well. This function seems to have rotted after a browser update.

Your Video:
The Search Feature in TV continues to list this as a searchable option, even after this app was replaced with the new Movies and TV Show app. Click on the Search bar in the SH, or from your remote. Select Tools, and see if Your Video is still there. if so check the box and do a search for an older movie. If a search brings up a Your Video link, select it to see if it opens. Mine is still there. Programming rot.

Social TV:
First off I do not have a Twitter feed or account. After an update to this app, a new Tweet Live tab was added. It was nice to check out what others thought of the current TV show playing. However, after an update, the Tweet Live feed is being populated with South Korean text and feeds. Anyone else see this?

Family Story:
There is still a dead link to the discontinued Family Story in Samsung Link. Has anyone seen this icon link removed from their SH Samsung Link?

Frank

Samsung UN46ES8000F TV, Samsung WMN350M mini wall mount, Samsung VG-KBD1500 bluetooth keyboard, Samsung HT-E6730W home theater
post #16129 of 16240 Old 04-24-2014, 06:04 AM

Hello to all guys!!! I am a newbie to the forum!!

I have bought a TV recently, the Samsung UE40ES8000, and I am looking for calibration settings to put...

In 2D, in 3D, in Movies, etc anywhere!!!

Is there any settings or posts that I could advice from your experience?

Thank you very much in advance!!!

post #16130 of 16240 Old 04-25-2014, 01:11 PM

Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by howzz1854 View Post

they never should've put out the 65 inch version for sale. the ES series were mostly good all the way up to 60 inch. it's the 65 inch panel that were horrid.

I got lucky. Love mine
Bladerunner1959 likes this.
post #16131 of 16240 Old 04-26-2014, 08:48 AM

No one to help out with my questions, really?

Samsung UN46ES8000F TV, Samsung WMN350M mini wall mount, Samsung VG-KBD1500 bluetooth keyboard, Samsung HT-E6730W home theater
post #16132 of 16240 Old 04-26-2014, 09:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by digimat View Post

What do you mean Samsung panels are all defective at least for the "ES" series? These photos are clearly NOT from an "ES8000" series. The "ES8000" series doesn't use this type of spider stand. Perhaps this is a "F" series or lower priced model? This is the "ES8000" owners thread.
post #16133 of 16240 Old 04-26-2014, 11:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound & Vision View Post

What do you mean Samsung panels are all defective at least for the "ES" series? These photos are clearly NOT from an "ES8000" series. The "ES8000" series doesn't use this type of spider stand. Perhaps this is a "F" series or lower priced model? This is the "ES8000" owners thread.

It's an es7500 which uses the exact same panel as the es8000....
post #16134 of 16240 Old 04-26-2014, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post

No one to help out with my questions, really?

Sorry, I've got the evolution kit installed which has the 2013 smart hub. For what it's worth, my browser favorites and history still have thumbnails.
post #16135 of 16240 Old 04-26-2014, 04:01 PM

Thanks for the reply. I hope others without the EK, will chime in.

Frank

post #16136 of 16240 Old 04-27-2014, 04:07 AM

Hi, i have a UN55EX8000 with the evolution Kit (SEK-1000) and since i've installed i can´t get WI-FI. I've tried to revert, uninstalled the kit, and the WI-FI works fine, but with it i cant get any signal. Some ideas?
post #16137 of 16240 Old 04-27-2014, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Those looking to get the EVO KIT who are gamers beware.. After installing i noticed more input lag on game mode. (No EVO KIt = 51 MS lag) (EVO KIT = 100 MS lag) VERY DISAPPOINTING!!! As I really liked the new hub

post #16138 of 16240 Old 04-28-2014, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMakoto View Post

hey guys, i'm looking at this sanus vmpl50a model wall mount, but one es8000 owner mentioned about incorrect screw sizes provided by the manufacturer, so i'm a little concerned about going my way to find the right screws. does anybody know what screw size i need to get for our tv? or perhaps recommend a different wall mount that you're already using? any inputs appreciated.

sanus vmpl50a link for reference only:
http://www.amazon.com/Sanus-Systems-Vmpl50A-B1-32-Inch-Visionmount/dp/B003WUBL0S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360775658&sr=8-1&keywords=sanus+wall+mount

Did you buy the Sanus stand and mount your ES8000 using it? If so, would you recommend Sanus?

I am considering buying the Sanus VLT16, http://www.sanus.com/en_US/products/mounts/vlt16/, for my 60" ES8000 set. Search did not turn up much- I am looking for feedback on real world experience with Sanus in general, and with the ES8000 series in particular. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bruce
post #16139 of 16240 Old 04-28-2014, 10:10 AM

Does no one in the community want to help a guy with less that 5 minutes of your time?

I have no reason to believe that these issues are anything other than Smart Hub problems related to updates with incomplete and broken code, or out right omissions by Samsung programmers. I have brought these issues to Samsung, and they seem to think it may be just me. And as a note I have not re-set my TV, or SH. And would feel like a rube if I had to reinstall my settings and apps, just to have these problems still there.

These may all seem like minor or small things, but considering that the E-Series is not yet 2 years old, what does this mean in the larger picture when it comes to Samsung products retaining full and reasonable functionality for what would be considered the average life span of a TV.

So please take a couple of minutes to look at my questions and check your own systems, for those without the Evolution Kit.

post #16140 of 16240 Old 04-28-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceOmega View Post

Did you buy the Sanus stand and mount your ES8000 using it? If so, would you recommend Sanus?

I am considering buying the Sanus VLT16, http://www.sanus.com/en_US/products/mounts/vlt16/, for my 60" ES8000 set. Search did not turn up much- I am looking for feedback on real world experience with Sanus in general, and with the ES8000 series in particular. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bruce

my es8000 had M8 screws had to buy them as the mount didn't supply this type . the mount I used pulled forward left & right & it is too far away from the wall, thinking of getting someone to pull it down & installing another. Just need one that still allows me to get to the the upgrade kit at the back.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Displays , Samsung Un46es8000 Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page