Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread - Page 540 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #16171 of 16261 Old 06-12-2014, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am considering the new Vizio 54" 5.1 wireless soundbar. I currently have my xbox and bluray player connected to the TV via HDMI, along with the cable box (also HDMI). Will I be able to get 5.1 via the HDMI(ARC) port to the soundbar for all 3 sources, or will I have to route each source to the soundbar first and only use HDMI out to the TV? Put simply, does the TV put out 5.1 sound for all sources through the ARC port? How about the optical port?

Fear is a path to the Dark Side: Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Suffering.
--- Master Yoda, a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16172 of 16261 Old 06-12-2014, 03:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngreen View Post
I am considering the new Vizio 54" 5.1 wireless soundbar. I currently have my xbox and bluray player connected to the TV via HDMI, along with the cable box (also HDMI). Will I be able to get 5.1 via the HDMI(ARC) port to the soundbar for all 3 sources, or will I have to route each source to the soundbar first and only use HDMI out to the TV? Put simply, does the TV put out 5.1 sound for all sources through the ARC port? How about the optical port?
glenngreen - I think this is the Soundbar you are considering. I believe the best way to hook everything up is as follows:

From Cable Box (HDMI) to TV (Samsung) - HDMI 1 "In" - Sammy TV
From Bluray (HDMI) to TV (Samsung) - HDMI 2 "In" - Sammy TV
From Xbox to TV (Samsung) - HDMI 3 "In" - Sammy TV

From Samsung TV (Optical "Out") to Soundbar "Optical In"

Then - - you just toggle inputs on the Samsung (HDMI source) and the sound from each device should play through the selected "Optical" Input on the Soundbar remote.

ARC passes back audio from the same HDMI cable and that is usually in a "Receiver" configuration. Since you get sound from HDMI as well as video, that should provide the audio signal for all your device sources (Cable/Bluray/Xbox) since they are connected via HDMI. Optical is limited to 5.1 and since yours is a 5.1 system, it doesn't affect you.

You could also use an HDMI switch (three inputs to one output). It's an option and all you would do is keep everything on HDMI 1 for the TV and you wouldn't have to use the Optical cable. You would use the HDMI switch for each source.

Hope this helps. If not, always order through Amazon so you can send it back! (It should work.)

P.S. - I tried to embed an image but I can't figure out how to do this with the new AVS Forum interface.

Home Theater Setup
Samsung UN65ES8000 LCD/LED
BenQ W1080ST Projector
Pioneer SC65 (Pre-Amp)
Wyred4Sound MMC-7 Channel Amplifier, 221wpc
OPPO 103, Directv GENIE
Darbee Darblet
ALL Paradigm - 7.1 - Studio 60's, V.2 (FL/FR)
CC-690, V.5 (C)
ADP 590 V.5 (SS)
MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub

Last edited by Ricoflashback; 06-12-2014 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Can't find way to insert image.
post #16173 of 16261 Old 06-12-2014, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Keep in mind that ARC is quite often associated with CEC, and CEC can, and does have issues because of the way it is implemented by the various mfrs. ARC is also limited to 5.1 just like optical and some tv's won't pass 5.1 from an external source (HDMI) thru the tv and out an optical cable. The optical cable is most often used for audio which originates from the internal ATSC tuner or the SmartApps. Depending on the number of HDMI imputs you have on the Soundbar, it would be best to connect your devices via HDMI to the soundbar, pass the video to your tv via HDMI, and run an optical out to the tv if you have SmartApps or use the internal ATSC tuner for OTA or cable. If switching inputs is problematic, or is flaky, you might have to consider a programmable remote such as a Harmony and just disable ARC/CEC altogether. Some don't have any issues at all so it all depends.
post #16174 of 16261 Old 06-12-2014, 06:01 PM

Thank you both for the replies. I was aware that I could keep my existing HDMI connections and use either optical out or HDMI out from the TV to the new soundbar for audio OR reroute all my HDMI inputs to the soundbar directly and use another to feed the TV (either using ARC HDMI) and get audio from that or the optical. My question was to help me decide which way to go. I don't know if the Samsung UN60ES8000 passes 5.1 from the separate HDMI inputs to the ARC or optical audio out. Is anyone using HDMI connections for multiple inputs into the TV and taking one audio (optical or HDMI ARC) out to a receiver or soundbar--do you get 5.1 audio? That would be the simplest for me, since everything but the soundbar is already here and wired. If the TV won't pass 5.1 thru either output, then I will have to rewire everything directly to the soundbar. I'll try Rico's method first, and if I don't get 5.1 out, I will go with Otto's. I will report back and let everyone know if I have success...

Fear is a path to the Dark Side: Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Suffering.
post #16175 of 16261 Old 06-12-2014, 07:39 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
No problem. It's easy to miss the ARC setup on the HDMI port on the Sammy set.

I used to have a Yamaha Receiver (RX2000 I believe).

I remember my configuration was as follows - Cab/Sat Input on Yamaha (Input) is where I connected my HDMI from my Satellite Dish (in your case, your cable modem).

If you've connected your Yamaha receiver to your TV via the "HDMI 2" port on the Samsung set, there should be a "toggle" - a button on the Yamaha remote for "TV" as well for "Cab/Sat."

When watching "Cable" and wanting the sound through your receiver to your speakers, select the button "Cab/Sat" on your Yamaha remote.

When using the Samsung TV for Internet Apps. - press "TV" on the Yamaha remote. The ARC should work.

I hope this helps.
Oh cool. The RX-A2000 is quite similar to mine. That said, there's no "TV" button on the Yamaha remote. There is a [A] button for input that may be ARC, but it doesn't seem to work that way. Inputs on my remote don't have labels, they're just numbered.
post #16176 of 16261 Old 06-13-2014, 06:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thank you both for the replies. I was aware that I could keep my existing HDMI connections and use either optical out or HDMI out from the TV to the new soundbar for audio OR reroute all my HDMI inputs to the soundbar directly and use another to feed the TV (either using ARC HDMI) and get audio from that or the optical. My question was to help me decide which way to go. I don't know if the Samsung UN60ES8000 passes 5.1 from the separate HDMI inputs to the ARC or optical audio out. Is anyone using HDMI connections for multiple inputs into the TV and taking one audio (optical or HDMI ARC) out to a receiver or soundbar--do you get 5.1 audio? That would be the simplest for me, since everything but the soundbar is already here and wired. If the TV won't pass 5.1 thru either output, then I will have to rewire everything directly to the soundbar. I'll try Rico's method first, and if I don't get 5.1 out, I will go with Otto's. I will report back and let everyone know if I have success...
glenngreen - I'd probably turn off CEC. That can cause problems sometimes. If the suggestion I made doesn't work, I know this will. And it's not expensive and their products are great. Monoprice "Mini (size) HDMI switcher." 3 - 1. It also has a remote so you don't have to get up from your couch. Three standard HDMI "In" and one HDMI "out" to the Soundbar.

You probably use your cable the most, so I would assign that to (1) with Bluray second (2) and XBox (3). Full 1080 HP, 3D and one single HDMI into your Soundbar.

Probably the best solution and ALL HDMI based.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

Home Theater Setup
BenQ W1080ST Projector
Pioneer SC65 (Pre-Amp)
OPPO 103, Directv GENIE
Darbee Darblet
CC-690, V.5 (C)
ADP 590 V.5 (SS)
post #16177 of 16261 Old 06-13-2014, 10:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Well, back here with something different. I was watching the NHL Finals and the screen got extremely blurry and cloudy and weird and yellowish. I turned it off and back on and it was totally fine and back to normal. Is this likely the beginning of a more serious problem, or just a random occurrence?
post #16178 of 16261 Old 06-14-2014, 10:55 AM

So, no one using this TV knows if it will pass 5.1 audio out through the optical out or HDMI ARC from HDMI-connected sources? If it won't I will need the HDMI switcher.

post #16179 of 16261 Old 06-14-2014, 11:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubertrout View Post
Well, back here with something different. I was watching the NHL Finals and the screen got extremely blurry and cloudy and weird and yellowish. I turned it off and back on and it was totally fine and back to normal. Is this likely the beginning of a more serious problem, or just a random occurrence?
Hopefully not. I have a Darbee Darblet connected to my Samsung and occasionally I get a pink screen but that is probably due to the Darblet.

I did the same thing you did - - I turned it "off" and back "on" again and everything was fine.

I haven't heard of anyone having problems like you mentioned in this thread. Were you watching via cable or satellite? I know for my Bluray player - - I turn "Deep Color" off. Not sure if this is relevant to your experience.

Home Theater Setup
BenQ W1080ST Projector
Pioneer SC65 (Pre-Amp)
OPPO 103, Directv GENIE
Darbee Darblet
CC-690, V.5 (C)
ADP 590 V.5 (SS)
post #16180 of 16261 Old 06-14-2014, 12:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
So, no one using this TV knows if it will pass 5.1 audio out through the optical out or HDMI ARC from HDMI-connected sources? If it won't I will need the HDMI switcher.
gleengreen - I just PM'd you back.

Just found out that most TV's dumb down the optical "out" from the TV to plain old stereo. http://www.cnet.com/news/20-tvs-test...o-a-sound-bar/

Definitely not what you want. HDMI switch should work great and is only $20.00 from Monoprice.

Clean, HDMI solution.

Home Theater Setup
BenQ W1080ST Projector
Pioneer SC65 (Pre-Amp)
OPPO 103, Directv GENIE
Darbee Darblet
CC-690, V.5 (C)
ADP 590 V.5 (SS)
post #16181 of 16261 Old 06-14-2014, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Hi,
I have the ES7000 withe the evo upgrade and can confirm that xbmc running on a raspberry pi connected to hdmi is passing dd5.1 to the optical and through to my sonos playbar.
post #16182 of 16261 Old 06-14-2014, 07:08 PM

Thanks, Wallace

Most of the articles I read said probably not. I found a setting in the TV, for SPIDF audio out, that would let me select Dolby Digital, but you are the first one to confirm that it works. I think I will try the soundbar without the HDMI switcher, as that is cleaner and simpler, and if it fails I will look for a backup plan.

post #16183 of 16261 Old 06-16-2014, 03:32 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey Everyone, I'm new to the forum and I'm unable to find 10k's movie mode settings and really need help with this. I currently have the UN65ES8000 and found that 10k's movie mode settings worked best for me .... Please link me the updated settings from 10k for movie mode Thanks in advance
PS: 10k thanks alot for all the hard work Movies at home have come alive thanks to your settings
post #16184 of 16261 Old 06-16-2014, 07:55 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by munit14 View Post
Hey Everyone, I'm new to the forum and I'm unable to find 10k's movie mode settings and really need help with this. I currently have the UN65ES8000 and found that 10k's movie mode settings worked best for me .... Please link me the updated settings from 10k for movie mode Thanks in advance
PS: 10k thanks alot for all the hard work Movies at home have come alive thanks to your settings
try this: Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread
post #16185 of 16261 Old 06-16-2014, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is it me or is all the links to calibrated settings that people have in their signatures all messed up? Everyone I've clicked on one, it goes to the wrong postings. Example, trying to find 10k, Jestered or Garnoch's settings. I click their signature links and go to some page in this thread that they haven't even posted to.

Did AVS change something recently?

Looking for some standard mode settings to start with.

Samsung 65" ES8000 - Pioneer Elite VSX23-TXH - 7.1 Definitive speakers - PM 1000 L/R - PC 1000 - ProSub 800 - PM 800's Surround & Surround Back
post #16186 of 16261 Old 06-16-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmongerX View Post
Is it me or is all the links to calibrated settings that people have in their signatures all messed up? Everyone I've clicked on one, it goes to the wrong postings. Example, trying to find 10k, Jestered or Garnoch's settings. I click their signature links and go to some page in this thread that they haven't even posted to.

Did AVS change something recently?

Looking for some standard mode settings to start with.
I reposted the link to the 10k settings in the post above yours. Links in old posts and signature files (as well and a bunch of other useful features) don't seem to work since AVS moved to the new (old) server.
post #16187 of 16261 Old 06-16-2014, 10:43 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Thanks. I'm hoping this prompts others to update their signature links

Samsung 65" ES8000 - Pioneer Elite VSX23-TXH - 7.1 Definitive speakers - PM 1000 L/R - PC 1000 - ProSub 800 - PM 800's Surround & Surround Back
post #16188 of 16261 Old 06-17-2014, 02:40 PM

Hi eveyone,

Does anyone have the link or post# to 10k's display settings. The link under his signature doesn't work anymore. Thanks.
post #16189 of 16261 Old 06-17-2014, 03:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmonsada View Post
Hi eveyone,

Does anyone have the link or post# to 10k's display settings. The link under his signature doesn't work anymore. Thanks.
10k's settings (click on them to get them to show at the bottom of his post)

Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread

What is the meaning of life?
www.iamsecond.com/films
post #16190 of 16261 Old 06-19-2014, 07:36 AM

Help! : Need to replace Base Screws

If anyone can please help, I need to urgently replace the screws that attach the base to the TV and I cannot find them.

I know the spec is an M8 VESA Spec (600 * 400) and the length is 15 mm.

Samsung customer service told me I should be able to find them at any Best Buy or Radio Shack, but I've now struck out at my local Best Buy, Radio Shack, Home Depot, and Ace Hardware.

None of them carry it and I'm not sure where else to look. Does anyone know where I can find these?
post #16191 of 16261 Old 06-19-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wthephasdin View Post
If anyone can please help, I need to urgently replace the screws that attach the base to the TV and I cannot find them.

I know the spec is an M8 VESA Spec (600 * 400) and the length is 15 mm.
Are you sure that is what you need? The M8 screws are for wall mounting. According to the manual, the screws for the base are M4. See page 7 of the manual listed as the quick guide at samsung support linked here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ow...UN46ES8000FXZA

I tried to include a more direct link but it didn't work

Last edited by poppagene; 06-19-2014 at 08:34 AM.
post #16192 of 16261 Old 06-21-2014, 12:59 PM

Had my tv es8000 serviced for restart issue with weird color screen and after three months it's doing it again.
Do I need to throw this garbage out?
post #16193 of 16261 Old 06-29-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Thanks, Wallace

Most of the articles I read said probably not. I found a setting in the TV, for SPIDF audio out, that would let me select Dolby Digital, but you are the first one to confirm that it works. I think I will try the soundbar without the HDMI switcher, as that is cleaner and simpler, and if it fails I will look for a backup plan.

I hooked up my ps3 to the tv and can confirm that is also passing dd5.1 to the tv and back out thd optical cable.
I had heard of people having to use optical switchers but I have never had the problem.
post #16194 of 16261 Old 06-29-2014, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi, I have had a UN55ES8000 for less than 2 years, and have enjoyed it greatly over that time. However, it recently has developed this blue vertical line on the screen that shows up about 1 hour after being turned on and then will not go away until the TV has been turned off for an extended period of time. It is appearing more often and more quickly, and I am getting very discouraged. It appears across all sources. I am hoping more lines do not appear soon.

Is there anything I can do to fix it (that will hopefully also be affordable)? Thank you in advance.

I have attached an image on the line if that helps. (Don't know why the image is sideways, sorry)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	397.9 KB
ID:	141370  
post #16195 of 16261 Old 07-01-2014, 10:46 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavinwow View Post
Hi gang, been away from this thread for awhile.

I am in need of a new, big TV to fill a large great room/kitchen area, thinking 65.

I am likely going to jump ship to the Vizio M or P series. After all the struggles I have had with edge-lit, the full-array of the Vizio seems unbeatable for the price/performance. The 55 ES8000 will move to the basement.

It seems like Samsung has gone curved in the high end, or mandatory 4k. Is there anything compelling this year worth my money over the Vizio?

Hope all is well.
Hi, i was looking for a tv for my mom & came across this set which sorta seems like it's a rebranded es8000.
I don't know if you liked your TV so much that you'd buy another but this TV has the same spec's & even has what looks to be the same stand.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-...&skuId=4376023

Any1 know much about it & if it's a es8000 rebranded to H7150 ?

SEK-2000/ZA....Any GOOD ?
post #16196 of 16261 Old 07-02-2014, 01:23 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by njustl View Post
Hi, I have had a UN55ES8000 for less than 2 years, and have enjoyed it greatly over that time. However, it recently has developed this blue vertical line on the screen that shows up about 1 hour after being turned on and then will not go away until the TV has been turned off for an extended period of time. It is appearing more often and more quickly, and I am getting very discouraged. It appears across all sources. I am hoping more lines do not appear soon.

Is there anything I can do to fix it (that will hopefully also be affordable)? Thank you in advance.

I have attached an image on the line if that helps. (Don't know why the image is sideways, sorry)
i had something like that for a few hours at the top of my screen when watching TV & above the line it was black all the way to the top, about 1 inch worth.
It freaked me out cause i have this tv on like 20hrs a day.
Anyhow i turned off my tv for 10 mins & that didn't help but what i think did help was re-adjusting ALL my connections & i reset all my picture settings.
I really don't know, reset EVERYTHING if u have to.

SEK-2000/ZA....Any GOOD ?
post #16197 of 16261 Old 07-05-2014, 06:10 AM

Just joined the website because I've got the same problem, thin blue line appeared this morning, tv is just over a year old. Any help would be much appreciated.
post #16198 of 16261 Old 07-05-2014, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by njustl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OugaBooga View Post
i had something like that for a few hours at the top of my screen when watching TV & above the line it was black all the way to the top, about 1 inch worth.
It freaked me out cause i have this tv on like 20hrs a day.
Anyhow i turned off my tv for 10 mins & that didn't help but what i think did help was re-adjusting ALL my connections & i reset all my picture settings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkmonkey666 View Post
Just joined the website because I've got the same problem, thin blue line appeared this morning, tv is just over a year old. Any help would be much appreciated.

The Panel needs to be replaced, its a connection issue between the T-Con Board and its Flex Cables.

I lost my Samsung A850 in 2012 same symptoms- the thin blue line:

post #16199 of 16261 Old 07-06-2014, 05:07 AM

cheers, thank you for your help . looks like i'll be phoning samsung in the morning.
post #16200 of 16261 Old 07-06-2014, 03:26 PM

Hello...it's been a while since I have checked in. I have a 60ES8000 that's about 2 yrs old. Software at 1041. I'm very happy with the picture. I know people say updates will improve picture quality but it looks like some have only created new headaches for themselves after doing updates. I do NOT have the EVO kit and won't be purchasing on. I don't really care about Apps or the Web Browser. Just want NetFlix performance.

Am i understanding this correctly? Is there any reason why I should update? If I do not like the update can I uninstall and go back to 1041?

Thanks
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Displays , Samsung Un46es8000 Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page