Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread - Page 545 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #16321 of 16321 Old Today, 05:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred02 View Post
Well, there reliability is questionable.
I have had the 55ES8000 now for about 18 months. The 1st one went faulty in just a couple of weeks and took more then double the time to have it resolved. As a matter of fact, Samsung was very little help and it was the shop I purchased it from who replaced it on their own accord, as they got sick of the stall practices by Samsung.
Now the 2nd panel has just become faulty. Vertical streaks on the LHS. You see this often in PC Monitors and at our work, I have never seen one repaired yet. Either a write off or replacement required.
Not looking forward having to deal with Samsung again.
Yes, there can be problems. It took the third set before I finally found a Samsung keeper. If you look through the other TV threads, you'll notice returns and problems, as well. The panel "lotto" has been discussed at length concerning LCD/LED TV's. I'm not sure if this has been cured - - even with the 4K sets and "FALD" features.

That being said, it's newer technology. I expect problems. That's why I'm such a firm believer in an extended warranty. (I went through SquareTrade via Costco.)

Sorry to hear about your TV. I hope you get an adequate replacement or full refund.

Home Theater Setup
Samsung UN65ES8000 LCD/LED
BenQ W1080ST Projector
Pioneer SC65 (Pre-Amp)
Wyred4Sound MMC-7 Channel Amplifier, 221wpc
OPPO 103, Directv GENIE
Darbee Darblet
ALL Paradigm - 7.1 - Studio 60's, V.2 (FL/FR)
CC-690, V.5 (C)
ADP 590 V.5 (SS)
MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Displays , Samsung Un46es8000 Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page