Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread - Page 546 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 25Likes

post #16351 of 16366 Old 10-19-2015, 05:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundofMind View Post
Hey guys. I've been enjoying my UN65ES8000TV for years now without urge to replace or even upgrade with an EVO kit.

As I recently posted here, for some months the message "3D image detected, press 3D button on remote..." pops up occasionally in the lower left of the screen when viewing cable channels (that have no 3D content). Then it goes away after a few seconds.

The idea just occurred to me that perhaps an EVO kit might be an inexpensive solution. Thoughts?
(Apologize for double post in EVO thread)

Thanks,
SoM
Mine has done this from the start and the EVO kit did not fix it. Seems to go to 3D more on netfix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16352 of 16366 Old 10-26-2015, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx6bfast View Post
I've noticed within the past two to three weeks that I have lines down the left side edge of his TV. I think I got the 4 year warranty on this TV I guess I need to take a look in the calling and Best Buy about it.
Yep, I had a vertical line down the left side and a horizontal one near the top on dingy white scenes earlier this year. I put up with it for months because the misses never noticed it...no idea how she didn't, but at any rate, I finally called the local place where I bought it and enacted the five year warranty on it. Technician came out and used his fancy little remote to diagnose it, using things I hadn't seen before. Good thing is that he saw the same things I did and worse and they ended up replacing the entire screen. Looked better than before and have been fairly happy since. Lately the TV image will just disappear for about 10 seconds, then come back on randomly. It's only happened about ten times in the past month and with the exception of once, only shortly after start up (within 2 minutes). I guess I'll have to wait for this to be an all the time thing again and call in again....joy

Samsung 65" UN65ES8000FXZA
Pioneer Elite VSX23-TXH
Definitive Technology StudioMonitor 65 L/C/R - ProMonitor 1000 x 4
SVS PB12+ Subwoofer

18TB Plex Media Server
Pics
post #16353 of 16366 Old 10-29-2015, 04:35 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundofMind View Post
Hey guys. I've been enjoying my UN65ES8000TV for years now without urge to replace or even upgrade with an EVO kit.

As I recently posted here, for some months the message "3D image detected, press 3D button on remote..." pops up occasionally in the lower left of the screen when viewing cable channels (that have no 3D content). Then it goes away after a few seconds.

The idea just occurred to me that perhaps an EVO kit might be an inexpensive solution. Thoughts?
(Apologize for double post in EVO thread)

Thanks,
SoM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T100 View Post
Mine has done this from the start and the EVO kit did not fix it. Seems to go to 3D more on netfix.
Yeah it's been a problem with the TV from day 1. Luckily, you can just go into 3D settings and change it from Auto Detect or Message Notification to Off. Then you can just turn the 3D on with the remote when needed manually
SoundofMind likes this.

What is the meaning of life?
www.iamsecond.com/films
post #16354 of 16366 Old 11-02-2015, 04:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm View Post
Yeah it's been a problem with the TV from day 1. Luckily, you can just go into 3D settings and change it from Auto Detect or Message Notification to Off. Then you can just turn the 3D on with the remote when needed manually
Simple, free and effective.
Thank you, gamermwm!
gamermwm likes this.

Yes, I still like playing with Dalis.

post #16355 of 16366 Old 11-03-2015, 07:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been using Garnoch's settings for the longest time, but I just installed the SEK2000 and everything looks off. Would anybody with a UN60ES8000 + SEK2000 mind sharing their settings?
post #16356 of 16366 Old 11-19-2015, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I bought the JS9000 and moved my es8000 to another room with the SEK-2000 evo kit and had wired for network. The room I have moved it to has no wired cont. and was trying to use the wireless and has lost the wireless feature, can anybody tell me with this new evo kit did I lose the wireless feature. Thanks
post #16357 of 16366 Old 11-19-2015, 06:39 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
I bought the JS9000 and moved my es8000 to another room with the SEK-2000 evo kit and had wired for network. The room I have moved it to has no wired cont. and was trying to use the wireless and has lost the wireless feature, can anybody tell me with this new evo kit did I lose the wireless feature. Thanks
The wireless on my es7500 crapped out sometime after installing the sek-1000. I got it back by replacing the failed wifi module -- samsung model WIDT20R
the part # on mine was BN58-01148C.

Edit: I didn't notice the wifi problem until after using the SEK-2000. I have since removed the SEK-2000 and gone back to the SEK-1000. At the same time I replaced the wifi module and it has been working for the last 6 months.

UN55HU6950 UN40HU6950 SEK-3500U UN40ES7500 SEK-1000 SEK-2000 UN37C5000

Last edited by poppagene; 11-20-2015 at 02:59 PM.
post #16358 of 16366 Old 11-27-2015, 07:16 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Failing onboard computer?

About 3 weeks ago, my ES8000 would randomly stop responding to most remote control keys. I don't use motion or voice, those are disabled. I would press the menu key, no response (no response from number keys, most other keys). I found out if I pressed either the info, tools or source key, then all was normal again, for any amount of time between 2 minutes and several days.

Some possibly useful information, or else irrelevant and a waste of time to read this paragraph: I use that feature that turns off the backlight when you set some settings low enough. When the problem occurs, the backlight comes on, even though the settings are such that it should not.

Today it got worse. I pressed the power button on the remote, and I heard the TV's click sound, but no picture, and then none of the remote buttons worked. I unplugged. It happened again, I unplugged again. Then it worked fine for 10 minutes, but while watching it, the screen went off again and no remote keys worked. Unplugged. Then it worked fine for hours. Now it's doing what I described in the first paragraph.

Does this sounds like a failure of a periphery component to the onboard computer, something like an A/B switch sometimes failing? Is my TV junk (0 K resolution), or does this problem sound like something that can be somewhat easily fixed?

Last edited by cglenn; 11-27-2015 at 07:23 PM. Reason: more info
post #16359 of 16366 Old 12-27-2015, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmongerX View Post
Yep, I had a vertical line down the left side and a horizontal one near the top on dingy white scenes earlier this year. I put up with it for months because the misses never noticed it...no idea how she didn't, but at any rate, I finally called the local place where I bought it and enacted the five year warranty on it. Technician came out and used his fancy little remote to diagnose it, using things I hadn't seen before. Good thing is that he saw the same things I did and worse and they ended up replacing the entire screen. Looked better than before and have been fairly happy since. Lately the TV image will just disappear for about 10 seconds, then come back on randomly. It's only happened about ten times in the past month and with the exception of once, only shortly after start up (within 2 minutes). I guess I'll have to wait for this to be an all the time thing again and call in again....joy
I called Geek Squad and had someone take a look at it. He immediately saw the line down the side and said he will come right back. About 5 minutes later said the panel needed to be replaced but Best Buy wont replace it, to go to the store and we will get a comparable tv. I was like oh crap. Went Christmas Eve, and they gave me the full 2899.99 + tax credit that I paid for the tv May 2012! I was floored as I was not expecting that. Ended up picking out the 65" Class Curved TV, UN65HU9000FX, for only $100 more. And yes I paid for the 5 year warranty and grabbed something else for $100 to get the 2 years no interest.

Being delivered tomorrow. Guess I will have a new thread to subscribe to.

HEY, you viewing dumbasses!

NOW!
NEW!
ALL NEW!

(insert name of show here)
NEXT!
8/9 PM ET
TUESDAY!
NEXT WEEK!
IN 2 WEEKS!

My Samsung 55" D8000 LED-3D tv settings.
post #16360 of 16366 Old 12-29-2015, 09:13 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx6bfast View Post
I called Geek Squad and had someone take a look at it. He immediately saw the line down the side and said he will come right back. About 5 minutes later said the panel needed to be replaced but Best Buy wont replace it, to go to the store and we will get a comparable tv. I was like oh crap. Went Christmas Eve, and they gave me the full 2899.99 + tax credit that I paid for the tv May 2012! I was floored as I was not expecting that. Ended up picking out the 65" Class Curved TV, UN65HU9000FX, for only $100 more. And yes I paid for the 5 year warranty and grabbed something else for $100 to get the 2 years no interest.

Being delivered tomorrow. Guess I will have a new thread to subscribe to.
Welcome to the club! I got my 78HU9000 about this time last year, and my 55ES8000 is still going strong (with an added SEK-1000) in the brightest room in the house
Bladerunner1959 likes this.

UN78HU9000FXZA/SEK-3500U/UBD-K8500 || Denon AVR-X4200W
Atmos 5.2.2: Fronts = Klipsch R-3650-WII (x2),
Sub1 = HSU VTF-3 Mk 5, Sub2 = Klipsch RW10D,
Center = Klipsch RP-160M,
TMs = Klipsch R-2650-C (x2),
Surrounds = Polk RC80i (x2)
post #16361 of 16366 Old 12-30-2015, 02:16 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
my wireless still works with sek-2000
post #16362 of 16366 Old 01-08-2016, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php...&id=1452218907

Well for those of us who bought the 2012, with the promise of "evolving our TV" till 2016, were had... I feel worse for the 2014 H-Series guys, who never even got one. Those who had the FHD TV's, the One-Connect UHD folks got theirs.

The link I added a couple of posts up, for the South Korea page, includes a couple of large update files. These may be the firmware updates that replace the Evo Kit.

Glad I got the SEK-2000 when I had the chance. I'm happy with it.

Frank
Bladerunner1959 likes this.

Samsung UN46ES8000F TV, Samsung WMN350M mini wall mount, Samsung VG-KBD1500 bluetooth keyboard, Samsung HT-E6730W home theater
post #16363 of 16366 Old 01-11-2016, 05:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 61
EVO Kits? For those who have installed these, what have been the primary and most impactful benefits of this "upgrade"?

I use my un60es8000 strictly for video. I stream from SmartHub via my Samsung bluray player. The last FW update i did was the 1046.2 which some of my peeps here fondly nicknamed the "Bladerunner update" LOL... I've had no drama or glitches since and to my knowledge that was the last FW that offered video quality improvement.

Love for all things Hi-def...Losing count; 200 plus bluray, 500 plus dvd, 30 plus HDdvd and a rapidly growing 50 plus in the cloud.

post #16364 of 16366 Old 01-16-2016, 02:09 PM

Question New firmware released (ver 1059) for UN55ES8000F - any good?

I have the 2012 model of this fine TV, and I now see that on August 19, 2015, the 1059 version of the firmware has been released.

Any luck with it? Any comments?

I am still on 1054.4 and wondering if any better than 1056/1057 duds, which caused horrible WIFI stopping to work issues....
post #16365 of 16366 Old Today, 10:09 AM

Issue with Flashing/Ghosting on image from inputs

Good afternoon all,

I began having some issues with me UN55ES8000 the other day and the issue has been getting progressively worse. At this point it is impossible to watch anything on this set. I took a video of the screen flickering/flashing/ghosting and I am not sure if those are even the right terms to describe what the unit is doing. essentially, only the image being displayed coming into the unit on the HDMI ports flash/flicker. When the menu overlay is opened, or Smart Hub is opened, only the image coming in from an HDMI input has an issue. Similarly, the Test Image through the Self-Diagnosis does not show any issues either.

My first thought was a receiver/original device/cable issue. However, I have used multiple, including additional brand new HDMI cables, removed the receiver from the chain, and used all of the HDMI ports on the back of the unit and the issue occurs in every circumstance.

I am assuming at this point that the inputs or the boards the inputs are on is going bad, however i have yet to open it up again and check. I have replaced the power supply board and ribbon cable twice in this unit, which to me is absolutely ridiculous given that I have only had it for close to 3 1/2 years. I understand things break, but this is a bit much for such an expensive purchase.

As I do not yet have enough posts to post a link, I will include the video code from YouTube: v=sIlmrf0nS2Q

If there is a better way to present that video for everyone I would be glad to do that as well. Thanks for any help in advance.
post #16366 of 16366 Old Today, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyMndSkiR View Post
Good afternoon all,

I began having some issues with me UN55ES8000 the other day and the issue has been getting progressively worse. At this point it is impossible to watch anything on this set. I took a video of the screen flickering/flashing/ghosting and I am not sure if those are even the right terms to describe what the unit is doing. essentially, only the image being displayed coming into the unit on the HDMI ports flash/flicker. When the menu overlay is opened, or Smart Hub is opened, only the image coming in from an HDMI input has an issue. Similarly, the Test Image through the Self-Diagnosis does not show any issues either.

My first thought was a receiver/original device/cable issue. However, I have used multiple, including additional brand new HDMI cables, removed the receiver from the chain, and used all of the HDMI ports on the back of the unit and the issue occurs in every circumstance.

I am assuming at this point that the inputs or the boards the inputs are on is going bad, however i have yet to open it up again and check. I have replaced the power supply board and ribbon cable twice in this unit, which to me is absolutely ridiculous given that I have only had it for close to 3 1/2 years. I understand things break, but this is a bit much for such an expensive purchase.

As I do not yet have enough posts to post a link, I will include the video code from YouTube: v=sIlmrf0nS2Q

If there is a better way to present that video for everyone I would be glad to do that as well. Thanks for any help in advance.
I also took a couple screenshots of the video to show here. The flashing happens very fast so it is not easy to catch it in a still image, but the below shows what the screen flashes quickly to - it's so quick you can't really see the image clearly when it happens live but still frame shows it here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NoFlash.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	455.3 KB
ID:	1247897   Click image for larger version

Name:	Flash.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	290.8 KB
ID:	1247905  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Displays , firmware , Lcd Hdtv , Samsung , Samsung Un46es8000 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv , un55es8000f
Gear in this thread