post #1981 of 16284 Old 07-25-2012, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by norse360 View Post

For me Screen fit gives me thin black bars at the top and bottom of the picture. 16x9 does not.

Sounds like this is an overscan adjustment then. This is a question I had earlier when I asked if it had a "full pixel" mode like my XBR4 does. The thin black bars basically ensure that you're seeing the correct aspect ratio as the source material was recorded in. 16x9 mode likely is cutting off some of that material.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas0linE View Post

I do not think this is Micro dimming - I think this is more of a Auto dimming feature. Although, it may work with Micro Dimming. Micro Dimming should not adjust the brightness as a whole, instead it should adjust brightness and contrast per Zone. So if you were looking at text, the black around it should be black due to Micro Dimmin and the Text should be bright also due to Micro dimming since it has Zones it can adjust independently. That's why I say, This is not a issue, I think this is how the set should look in Standard. The blacks look better at the cost of the whole image getting dimmer. I do not think this is a issue with the TV and Micro dimming not working in movie mode. I think what we are seeing is Auto Dimming in Standard mode. IT will make blacks look blacker and also hide clouding.flash-lighting. I think Micro dimming does indeed work just fine in Movie mode minus the auto dimming. If you put that auto dimming feature in Movie mode, it would look Exactly the same. Micro dimming is working in all modes, the auto dimming is disabled in movie mode because Samsung knows that movie mode will be used for pin point calibration. Auto dimming will not work as good for calibration when its dimming the whole screen in dark areas. Again, This is not a issue with the TV and this is how it should operate. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I never saw my set dim like it does in Standard in movie mode.

I too think this is auto-dimming. It's been around for a few generations of HDTVs actually, including on my XBR4. I dont' like it, but it's a minor annoyance that mostly is only noticeable during movie-end credits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1982 of 16284 Old 07-25-2012, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Weird, that option is greyed out and not available for me...

It's probably only an option based on certain source material, inputs and resolution. If the material is already 1920x1080p and there is no overscan, it probably doesn't allow you to position it. And as Nitra mentioned, you wouldn't want to anyway unless you are going to remember to change the position back to default after you're done viewing that material. Otherwise, the screen will be off when viewing other material.
post #1983 of 16284 Old 07-25-2012, 01:45 PM

Question, Does Dynamic Contrast over saturate colors? Or is this just a black/white adjustment? I'm using calibrated colors, but I noticed when I turn dynamic contrast on to medium the colors look brighter and richer. I am not sure if its over saturating them. If its over saturating them I don't think I want to use it.
post #1984 of 16284 Old 07-25-2012, 01:59 PM

Liked: 10
Nitra, thanks for the warning. I didn't make much of an adjustment. I put my WOW disk in and all four sides are perfect. The dish box was 1080i output. Only does 1080p for some VOD material.

Cheers
Willy
post #1985 of 16284 Old 07-25-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:

Weird, that option is greyed out and not available for me...

Don't know why its greyed out for you. Per Nitra's warning, I put my WOW disk in after the fact and all is good.

Cheers
Willy
post #1986 of 16284 Old 07-25-2012, 02:15 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 56
Sources like component will have it locked out unless you enable it in the service menu.
post #1987 of 16284 Old 07-25-2012, 04:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Best Buy has the 65" now. Exchanged my 60" for the 65" today. Delivery is scheduled for Friday! biggrin.gif

post #1988 of 16284 Old 07-25-2012, 04:14 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Is anyone using Dynamic Contrast? I found that on medium it really brings some good pop out of the picture. It is crushing a little black though, but the colors seem to pop a little more.

I have it on "Low" mostly for a little pop but the brightness needs to be, in my set at least, at 46 specifically to not crush the blacks. It's like a brightness threshold where just one click up from 45 to 46 it's enough to light up the whole picture very drastically in only one click. For example, the change in the picture brightness from 40 to 45 seems a lot less dramatic that changing just one click from 45 to 46. Very weird... anyway, this threshold brightness setting in my set it's enough to allow me to use Dynamic Contrast without crushing blacks. I suspect this may vary from set to set so try different settings of brightness (with the AVS disc preferably tongue.gif) to find the sweet spot.
post #1989 of 16284 Old 07-25-2012, 04:27 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

I too think this is auto-dimming. It's been around for a few generations of HDTVs actually, including on my XBR4. I dont' like it, but it's a minor annoyance that mostly is only noticeable during movie-end credits.

My thoughts exactly... it may probably be auto-dimming rearing its ugly head in standard mode but, since I've been only able to notice it in movie credits or similar content, it's just a mild annoyance for me more than anything else.
I'm willing to tolerate it for now until this whole micro-dimming issue in Movie mode is resolved.
post #1990 of 16284 Old 07-25-2012, 07:37 PM

Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner1959 View Post

"After I got through with the settings I thought I would reprogram my Harmony One but found to my dismay the 65es8000 is not in their library of supported devices.
The 60es8000 however is. Would it be possible to use it as a replacement? I'm assuming the 60" and 65" are basically the same other than size"
I'd absolutely try the H-One under the 60es mode. It's a killer companion....Like Hal-109 with a positive attitude!
By the way, your setup looks great bro!

Harmony one works great. Logitech for those of you that have one of their remotes, is have some real issues with their servers. Took forever to get it to do it's things (2hrs). If you don't need to, I wouldn't do anything to update your remotes until they have fixed the issues. FWIW
post #1991 of 16284 Old 07-25-2012, 09:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:

I do not think this is Micro dimming - I think this is more of a Auto dimming feature. Although, it may work with Micro Dimming. Micro Dimming should not adjust the brightness as a whole, instead it should adjust brightness and contrast per Zone. So if you were looking at text, the black around it should be black due to Micro Dimmin and the Text should be bright also due to Micro dimming since it has Zones it can adjust independently. That's why I say, This is not a issue, I think this is how the set should look in Standard. The blacks look better at the cost of the whole image getting dimmer. I do not think this is a issue with the TV and Micro dimming not working in movie mode. I think what we are seeing is Auto Dimming in Standard mode. IT will make blacks look blacker and also hide clouding.flash-lighting. I think Micro dimming does indeed work just fine in Movie mode minus the auto dimming. If you put that auto dimming feature in Movie mode, it would look Exactly the same. Micro dimming is working in all modes, the auto dimming is disabled in movie mode because Samsung knows that movie mode will be used for pin point calibration. Auto dimming will not work as good for calibration when its dimming the whole screen in dark areas. Again, This is not a issue with the TV and this is how it should operate. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I never saw my set dim like it does in Standard in movie mode.

I'm tending to agree with you also that it sounds more likely that the dimming I'm referring to in standard mode is the auto-dimming, not micro-dimming, which is different. Overall standard mode looks way, way better than movie mode. I still would like to know though why we can't just disable auto-dimming? Are you saying that if we were able to turn off auto-dimming then standard mode would in fact look just like movie mode? It's hard to believe that auto dimming, and only auto dimming, is the reason for the huge difference in quality and blacks between standard and movie modes. It's just very puzzling to me what the point is to dimming the screen specifically when displaying text, credits, logos, etc. - it can look so fantastic with the bright white text against the black screen, but then it ruins it and dims the text to look dull - why do that? What's the reasoning? I expect crap like that from the plasmas, like ABL, etc., but with LCD, this tv has no problems displaying pure bright white against deep blacks, yet it dims it anyways.

Is movie mode really meant to look this washed out compared to standard mode? I'd really like to know this definitively. I would have a hard time going back to movie mode after seeing how much nicer overall standard mode looks, although I do hate the way it affects things like opening/end credits and other situations where text or small objects are against a black screen. Why would movie mode be meant to look so washed out? Shouldn't both standard and movie modes look very very close if both are adjusted with a WOW, AVS, or other calibration disc? Why such a huge difference? How can we find out from Samsung if this is how movie mode is intended to look?
post #1992 of 16284 Old 07-25-2012, 09:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainatar View Post

I also have a thin cloud line at the bottom on mine. I think it's quite common, I have seen it on several screen shots in this thread. Nothing I will return mine for anyway.
Edit: Hmm but you said diagonally. Mine goes from the bottom left corner to the right bottom corner.

I also have that strange "v" sort of shaped pair of lines near the bottom of the screen. I noticed now that I'm in standard mode the clouding has virtually disappeared with only a tiny hint of clouding remaining, which is impossible to see now during normal viewing.
post #1993 of 16284 Old 07-25-2012, 09:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Something really strange happened to me this evening while watching the set. We just finished an episode of Galactica on blu-ray and started flipping through the channels, when suddenly, the tv popped up an "updating..." screen in the upper-right corner of the screen, which remained for around 90 seconds. Then, the screen suddenly went black for a few seconds, and then the camera suddenly activated and we were looking at ourselves, with some choices for different modes and settings at the bottom of the screen. We had to exit out to return to watching television.

Any idea what that was all about? It kinda freaked us out, and what if that happened during Galactica? We would not have been happy, since there's some pretty dramatic stuff going on and it's our first time through the episodes, and suddenly switching to camera mode kinda would have killed the tension.
post #1994 of 16284 Old 07-25-2012, 09:28 PM
Advanced Member

Camera firmware updates are like that.... stupid if you ask me.
post #1995 of 16284 Old 07-25-2012, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member

No way to disable auto update for the camera is there? Pretty stupid.
post #1996 of 16284 Old 07-25-2012, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Wondering also - is "black enhancer" supposed to be greyed out in standard mode? Because I noticed it's greyed out for me now.
post #1997 of 16284 Old 07-25-2012, 11:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by isupes View Post

On another note. I think i may have a fix for the whole back light fluctuation issue in standard mode. Put your TV in standard mode, enable Game Mode in the settings, the pic will become a bit brighter. Then go back and tweak the Standard settings to your liking. and there you have it. I did this, and from what I can tell, the pic looks great and you maintain the deep black levels without the back light fluctuation. I think. I will know more tonight when it is dark in the living room. I have no clue what is at play here to make it do this, but it looks like it may be a small work around for something....i dunno.

OKAY -

I decided to experiment a bit with this idea. Right now my tv is in standard mode. I followed this suggestion, and enabled "game mode" under system>general. Since I hadn't adjusted any settings in that mode yet of course it needed work. I then proceeded to put in all the same exact settings that I had in standard mode. So now game mode enabled in standard mode has the same settings as game mode off.

Well it appears that the tv does not auto-dim the screen with game mode enabled like it does in standard mode with game mode off. It's very obvious - with game mode off, and in standard mode, choose a signal that is mostly a black screen with a bit of text - for me I can just turn off the FiOS box because then the FiOS box sends a pure black screen with a small Verizon logo as a screensaver jumping around the screen. Now just hit "menu" on the tv remote - notice how dim the pop-up menu appears in standard mode - the blue menu box is quite dim when the screen is mostly black - much dimmer than when there's a normal image on screen with the menu. Now, enable game mode - instantly, the menu appears brighter - the way it should be, just like when there's a normal image in the background. For me, the FiOS logo and text immediately gets brighter in the background as well as the blue menu screen brightening, however, the black seems to remain just as black as with game mode off. Go ahead and switch back and forth between game mode on and off - it's an instant difference in the brightness of the tv menu - even though the black screen behind everything remains just as black either way. It's just as much of a difference with game mode enabled in standard mode as with game mode off in standard mode - both have the same nice deep black screen that is far deeper than movie mode.

So, by enabling game mode in standard mode, it appears you keep the same deep blacks, but without the auto-dimming that you see with credits, titles, etc.

Which leads me to believe then that the auto dimming in standard mode is not responsible for the nice deep blacks we are seeing, since those same deep blacks are seen in game mode under standard mode - and yet auto dimming seems to be disabled in game mode. So obviously something else must be responsible for the deep blacks in standard mode and standard mode with game mode on.

Which then goes back to the question - why does movie mode have such poor black performance when compared to standard/game mode?

I'm not sure, however, that game mode is the ideal way to watch this set - perhaps others can offer their input here. What does game mode disable for image processing? Does game mode still use micro-dimming? I notice that LED Motion Plus and Auto Motion Plus (AMP) are unavailable in game mode, which is unfortunate but obviously makes sense because it would kill framerate. Game mode may also be disabling other beneficial functions as well, to reduce game lag. Because of this, I don't think game mode is the ideal option, if there is an ideal option, even though it does seem to offer the deep blacks of standard mode while eliminating the auto-dimming. Perhaps I'm wrong though and maybe there is no reason not to use game mode after all. It just seems that maybe we're losing something good by using game mode - like micro-dimming maybe. It's a shame LED Motion Plus and Auto Motion Plus aren't available - which is why game mode doesn't seem ideal. Game mode is intended to disable all video processing - but does it disable micro-dimming?

This does seem very interesting though because I really think that this suggests that movie mode should indeed have much darker blacks than we are seeing. If game mode under standard mode can display deep blacks with no auto-dimming, then why can't movie mode? It's not because movie mode disables auto-dimming because it's disabled in game mode too.

Does anybody here know if watching in game mode would be inadvisable due to loss of beneficial processing that is disabled? Give this test a try - I'd like to hear others' thoughts on this as well. It really seems to me that game mode shouldn't have deeper blacks than movie mode, but it does. And both modes disable auto-dimming. I really think movie mode should be displaying similar deep blacks as these modes, but for some reason it isn't. And - since auto dimming is disabled in game mode, why can't we disable it in standard mode?

It seems right now there is no ideal mode for viewing - game mode seems promising but seems silly to watch blu-rays in game mode, yet standard looks great but with stupid auto dimming, and movie mode has yucky blacks. You can't win.

Here's what Samsung says about LED Motion Plus:

To help negate the problem of motion blur on LED TV's caused by various things such as:

Pixel response time
Sample and Hold time
Slow camera shutter speeds
Resolution resampling
And more

Samsung developed LED Motion Plus to help eliminate this blur. When this feature is on it will cause the LED backlight to strobe. This strobing mimics the strobing found in CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) televisions and greatly reduces the motion blur seen on the TV.

This is unfortunately unavailable in game mode.
post #1998 of 16284 Old 07-26-2012, 12:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Ugh -

Never mind - After some more comparisons, I can say that game mode does indeed have auto dimming as well. It appears to have less of a jump in difference when experimenting with titles and the menu screen up as an example, compared to game mode off, but it still definitely does have some auto dimming enabled. With the tv menu up, and the FiOS tv paused on some opening titles, I can hit the "info" bar for FiOS, and that bar popping up on the bottom is enough to make the change in brightness with auto dimming. Both the tv menu and the opening titles behind it definitely still pop up in brightness when I hit the info bar, and when it goes away, the menu and titles instantly dim again. It just seems to be less of a jump, but it still does auto dim with game mode.

I'm tired and I'm going to sleep. This stuff is giving me a headache. What is wrong with Samsung? Why do they have the obsessive need to constantly mess with the image in all their modes, and not give us the choice to choose what we want enabled and disabled? Plain and simple - I don't want the tv to auto-dim - I see absolutely no benefit to it and I don't like it. Why do I want Samsung to dim the opening titles on all my movies? Ridiculous. Very frustrating. Would it kill them to give us an option to disable auto dimming? There's a menu specifically called "advanced settings" - that seems like a perfect place to put that option. Then everybody can be happy because they will have a choice. When I go to the movies, the screen doesn't auto-dim to make the opening and closing credits look dim. Why would I want my tv to do it?
post #1999 of 16284 Old 07-26-2012, 05:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 View Post

Ugh -
Never mind - After some more comparisons, I can say that game mode does indeed have auto dimming as well. It appears to have less of a jump in difference when experimenting with titles and the menu screen up as an example, compared to game mode off, but it still definitely does have some auto dimming enabled. With the tv menu up, and the FiOS tv paused on some opening titles, I can hit the "info" bar for FiOS, and that bar popping up on the bottom is enough to make the change in brightness with auto dimming. Both the tv menu and the opening titles behind it definitely still pop up in brightness when I hit the info bar, and when it goes away, the menu and titles instantly dim again. It just seems to be less of a jump, but it still does auto dim with game mode.
I'm tired and I'm going to sleep. This stuff is giving me a headache. What is wrong with Samsung? Why do they have the obsessive need to constantly mess with the image in all their modes, and not give us the choice to choose what we want enabled and disabled? Plain and simple - I don't want the tv to auto-dim - I see absolutely no benefit to it and I don't like it. Why do I want Samsung to dim the opening titles on all my movies? Ridiculous. Very frustrating. Would it kill them to give us an option to disable auto dimming? There's a menu specifically called "advanced settings" - that seems like a perfect place to put that option. Then everybody can be happy because they will have a choice. When I go to the movies, the screen doesn't auto-dim to make the opening and closing credits look dim. Why would I want my tv to do it?

Wow. I've never seen someone so concerned about what movie credits look like when they watch them. Better yet, I don't know of anyone that even watches movie credits. Lol. I think it's good you finally went to sleep Eagle because you were starting to sound a little delerious smile.gif

Please don't take this the wrong way but your posts just prove that people will try and find ANYTHING wrong with a tv. Let it go bro

post #2000 of 16284 Old 07-26-2012, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Op's Guy View Post

Harmony one works great. Logitech for those of you that have one of their remotes, is have some real issues with their servers. Took forever to get it to do it's things (2hrs). If you don't need to, I wouldn't do anything to update your remotes until they have fixed the issues. FWIW

WOW! That explains the multiple attempts to connect to the server when I clicked "update" after I tweaked some button options. Huge help. I think i'll run my last upgrade needed late at night, perhaps reduced traffic then as opposed to updates on weekend may help.

LOVE THIS TV!!!! I love that we can discuss real technical issues here but .... I am floored by the constant picking apart and over-analasys....this is not a life-cam intended to produce a mirror image....and the bigger the set the more pronounced everything is, good and bad. I'm just comfortable that we represent a minority in the number of total units out there. When reading these threads (all products) you could think that these items have an Ebola Virus!!!! I would have been thrilled with a 55" if my room was not too big for it. The 65" i am sure I would love but I'm pleased as punch slumming away at 60".

My only concern is truly WHEN to upgrade the FW as I dont want to do anything negative to the inherent picture quality I love now. I stress prudent behaviour on that topic. I just remember going thru issues with some older dvd players that were great, as well as my Samsung bd-1200 blu player where updates occasionally caused flaws.

Love for all things Hi-def...Losing count; 200 plus bluray, 500 plus dvd, 30 plus HDdvd and a rapidly growing 50 plus in the cloud.

post #2001 of 16284 Old 07-26-2012, 07:08 AM

Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewDaddy View Post

Wow. I've never seen someone so concerned about what movie credits look like when they watch them. Better yet, I don't know of anyone that even watches movie credits. Lol. I think it's good you finally went to sleep Eagle because you were starting to sound a little delerious smile.gif
Please don't take this the wrong way but your posts just prove that people will try and find ANYTHING wrong with a tv. Let it go bro

I too am a bit confused by the concern over credits and black screens etc... But to each their own. Everyone has their expectations, POV and stringent guidelines they adhere to. I suppose if I was tech savvy, I'd be knee deep in the conversation and conducting experiments along the way too. But i'm not.

As for me, I'm totally happy with the new 65" set. The picture is amazing. Coming from a JVC HD-61FH96 there's no real comparison.

I haven't done any gaming on the set, but watching regular TV, sports, premium channel movies, and testing out a BVD we're in total awe.

I really do follow several here, and will continue to do so. There is a lot of very valuable information they provide to us (thank you) be it technically or otherwise. I just filter through what is important to me. Mike
post #2002 of 16284 Old 07-26-2012, 07:15 AM

I'm using Standard mode now for all my viewing. It does look better. I started with Nitra's settings and then Tweaked from there using the WoW disc. I got things looking WAY better than in movie mode with Nitra's or CNET settings. The tweaks were contrast , color, and tint. It looks absolutely gorgeous. My recommendations for anyone that want to get their sets looking the best as possible without getting your set professionally calibrated is to start with Nitras or CNET settings (because they will be close on any set) and then tweak them from there with a Calibration Disc. The results are very good! The WoW blue filter for color and tint is awesome! It also has some very nice test patterns for Contrast and Brightness.
post #2003 of 16284 Old 07-26-2012, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewDaddy View Post

I think that's a little unfair. The point is that something is going on with how the set uses auto dimming, and it doesn't affect just credits obviously. It's just an easy example to use because it's so obvious. Ever hear of credits / opening titles before a movie? Well I like them to look the way they should on a $1700 tv. That's the point.

And the real issue is I'm trying to understand how movie mode, which is always, until 2 days ago, said to be the most accurate mode to use, has turned out to look the worst all of a sudden with lousy blacks.

And I wasn't looking for anything wrong with the set - until Nitra pulled the panic switch and mentioned that micro-dimming is broken in movie mode. That's when some of us got concerned and started running some comparisons to try and figure out what's going on. I was only in standard mode for about 5 minutes when I noticed the screen auto-dimming during a credit sequence. I wasn't looking for it - I was simply trying to see how standard mode compared to movie mode when the dimming stood out like a sore thumb to me.

I agree with Gas0linE that right now it seems that standard mode or possibly standard mode with game mode activated (still not sure about game mode) looks the best. But I still don't understand why that's the case. What's up with movie mode?
post #2004 of 16284 Old 07-26-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:

I think that's a little unfair. The point is that something is going on with how the set uses auto dimming, and it doesn't affect just credits obviously. It's just an easy example to use because it's so obvious. Ever hear of credits / opening titles before a movie? Well I like them to look the way they should on a $1700 tv. That's the point.
And the real issue is I'm trying to understand how movie mode, which is always, until 2 days ago, said to be the most accurate mode to use, has turned out to look the worst all of a sudden with lousy blacks.

The dimming really doesn't bother me. It does make a better picture either way. You only really notice it during credits. When your watching a movie you do not notice it. I'm using standard mode from now on as I got my set looking gorgeous. The blacks and color's do seem more natural and colorful in standard. Maybe Nitra is on to something with how Micro Dimming works, I don't know. He has a open ticket with them, so lets see what he reports back. Either way I am using standard now because it just plain looks better.
post #2005 of 16284 Old 07-26-2012, 07:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

And I wasn't looking for anything wrong with the set - until Nitra pulled the panic switch and mentioned that micro-dimming is broken in movie mode. That's when some of us got concerned and started running some comparisons to try and figure out what's going on. I was only in standard mode for about 5 minutes when I noticed the screen auto-dimming during a credit sequence. I wasn't looking for it - I was simply trying to see how standard mode compared to movie mode when the dimming stood out like a sore thumb to me.

No worries. Like I said, didn't mean to come off rude. As a consumer, we have the right to get the best quality product for our money, especially at this price range. My point was if you look for problems in anything, new TV, new Car, The new Dark Knight Rises Movie smile.gif You can always find flaws. I think sometimes with us being on the forums and reading about what's broken, what needs to be fixed and all this other stuff, we forget to just sit back and enjoy our purchase. You would have never thought there was anything wrong in the first place and sounds like you were enjoying the movie mode setting until someone pointed out that there might be an issue. Hopefully though, whatever this movie mode glitch is, there will be a firmware upgrade in the near future.

post #2006 of 16284 Old 07-26-2012, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

No problem, JewDaddy. Hopefully we'll end up finding out more about what's up, if anything, with movie mode. That's what's so puzzling to me. I just don't understand why standard mode looks so much better than movie mode. If we could get movie mode looking as good as standard mode I'd be all set, since then auto-dimming wouldn't be an issue.

I wonder if I called Samsung would they actually know if micro-dimming is active during game mode? I'd like to know that but their first-level tech support is pretty dismal.
post #2007 of 16284 Old 07-26-2012, 07:46 AM

Could turning the eco sensor off help stop the dimming during credits?
post #2008 of 16284 Old 07-26-2012, 07:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

No problem, JewDaddy. Hopefully we'll end up finding out more about what's up, if anything, with movie mode. That's what's so puzzling to me. I just don't understand why standard mode looks so much better than movie mode. If we could get movie mode looking as good as standard mode I'd be all set, since then auto-dimming wouldn't be an issue.
I wonder if I called Samsung would they actually know if micro-dimming is active during game mode? I'd like to know that but their first-level tech support is pretty dismal.

Unfortunately, if you call Samsung, the first level of support you would talk to probably won't even know what micro-dimming is. If you want real answers, call their support line and ask to speak with somone in their ECR Department. They're more likely to have more accurate info.

post #2009 of 16284 Old 07-26-2012, 07:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimo358 View Post

No.
In fact, use the ECO sensor, it's one of the best features of the TV.
post #2010 of 16284 Old 07-26-2012, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimo358 View Post

I currently have the eco sensor off. I thought that too so I made sure that everything like that was disabled. Unfortunately that didn't make a difference.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Displays , Samsung Un46es8000 Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page