Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owner's Thread - Page 8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 16240 Old 03-16-2012, 03:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Other than Joseph10704 personal view about value; I found on Youtube a comment from Scott Cohen, national product training manager for Samsung. Scott states at the CES 2012...
"This year we're gonna go up to 75" which is what we're standing in front of"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvPWI...feature=relmfu

Maybe others are sitting next to me in this boat. Simply trying to get honest information about what is and is not comming to market later on in the year. For if what we're expecting (because the reps say it is so) to come to market, we wait for it. If we find it was just another broken promise, then you've mislead us. Hey I want my new tv now too, but I'm willing to wait. Just be honest will you tv companies. Can you hear the frustration? Ok, I feel better now, that my AV brothers and sisters are listening. This is the vent channel, right...lol

FWIW:
Joseph10704, if this tv is out of your ball park range, that's fine. Others may have the same opinion about what you spend for the tv you're interested in. You can always buy a less expensive tv and as the saying goes, you usually get what you pay for. My post is not about is a tv worth what the manufactor lists it at. Let's keep on track when you chime in on the topic at hand. Thank you for your understanding

Anthem D2v, McIntosh MC205, Elite PRO-70X5FD, Oppo BDP-103, Dish hopper, Richard Gray Power Company 400S, B&W Nautilus, JL audio Fathom f113, Harmony One, empty wallet ;>)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 16240 Old 03-16-2012, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekindrewind View Post

Other than Joseph10704 personal view about value; I found on Youtube a comment from Scott Cohen, national product training manager for Samsung. Scott states at the CES 2012...
"This year we're gonna go up to 75" which is what we're standing in front of"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvPWI...feature=relmfu

Joseph10704, if this tv is out of your ball park range, that's fine. Others may have the same opinion about what you spend for the tv you're interested in. You can always buy a less expensive tv and as the saying goes, you usually get what you pay for. My post is not about is a tv worth what the manufactor lists it at. Let's keep on track when you chime in on the topic at hand. Thank you for your understanding

While 75 inch's is cool to own tho still like u said is it worth the money should a 75 inch samsung led tv be 7,299 $ or would u rather just go for a sharp Eleite brand for 2,000 less for a 70 inch .For other's they might say sure ,me idk i dont have room in my house for it i live in a apartment so 75 or 70 inch's is crazy big BUT at the same time cool to own for sure.and it's true what u pay for is what u get ,that goes for most thing's in this world that we buy .Not just a tv.
post #213 of 16240 Old 03-16-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post

While 75 inch's is cool to own tho still like u said or would u rather just go for a sharp Eleite brand for 2,000 less for a 70 inch .For other's they might say sure ,me idk i dont have room in my house for it i live in a apartment so 75 or 70 inch's is crazy big BUT at the same time cool to own for sure.and it's true what u pay for is what u get ,that goes for most thing's in this world that we buy .Not just a tv.

For pete's sake joseph10704....I wrote:

"My post is not about is a tv worth what the manufactor lists it at. Let's keep on track when you chime in on the topic at hand. Thank you for your understanding."

Now in your second reply, you've twisted and hijacked my point about will a 75" come to market. I never said ...is it worth the money should a 75 inch samsung led tv be 7,299 $ ..etc.

It seems fruitless trying to keep you on topic.

So guys, looking forward your thoughts about will the Samsung 75ES8000 really make it to market.
Cheers,
bekindrewind

Anthem D2v, McIntosh MC205, Elite PRO-70X5FD, Oppo BDP-103, Dish hopper, Richard Gray Power Company 400S, B&W Nautilus, JL audio Fathom f113, Harmony One, empty wallet ;>)
post #214 of 16240 Old 03-16-2012, 05:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 527
Quote:

Samsung seems to have a history of saying a 75" TV will come out later in the year, only to find out, no so....

So folks, what's your take on 2012 promise of the 75ES8000 actually coming to market?

I believe that 2012 is most likely to be a replay of 2011.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working.
post #215 of 16240 Old 03-16-2012, 06:08 PM

Quote:

"My post is not about is a tv worth what the manufactor lists it at. Let's keep on track when you chime in on the topic at hand. Thank you for your understanding."

You've twisted what I've written, my point about will a 75" come to market. I never said ...is it worth the money should a 75...etc.

So guys, looking forward your thoughts about will the Samsung 75ES8000 really make it to market.
Cheers,
bekindrewind

And my anwer to what u just said is this ,i dont think no one whould buy it only for the fact it's alot of moeny no matter who has the money.do i think it will come out yes when my guess is may or june ,that's what a samsung rep told me a few week's ago but that for america not sure for the rest of the country's .
post #216 of 16240 Old 03-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:

Now in your second reply, you've twisted and hijacked my point about will a 75" come to market. I never said ...is it worth the money should a 75 inch samsung led tv be 7,299 $ ..etc.

It seems fruitless trying to keep you on topic.

Cheers,

See you toned down your post there, bekindrewind
post #217 of 16240 Old 03-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Not to get things even more off topic - but after my 55" D8000 started to look a little too small (2:35 aspect ratio in 3D anyone?) I started looking at 3D projectors

And with the problems the D8000 edge lit line was having, I decided then and there not to invest even more money on an even bigger tv when with a projector I can go up to 120" (or more) and only have to spend around $1500 (on the 3D 1080p projector I'm looking at)

So my dream setup: A 55" 3DTV for normal & gaming use, and a 3D 1080p projector for movies with around a 120" screen. All I need is the projector and I'm good to go and I won't have to frown when watching every 2:35 movie in 3D

post #218 of 16240 Old 03-16-2012, 06:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

And my anwer to what u just said is this ,i dont think no one whould buy it only for the fact it's alot of moeny no matter who has the money.do i think it will come out yes when my guess is may or june ,that's what a samsung rep told me a few week's ago but that for america not sure for the rest of the country's .

Your spelling and grammar give me a headache dude. I majored in English. I'll tutor you for the low low price of a few hundred thousand. You said you were rich right?

post #219 of 16240 Old 03-16-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm View Post

Your spelling and grammar give me a headache dude. I majored in English. I'll tutor you for the low low price of a few hundred thousand. You said you were rich right?

dude is that the best u got my grammer is bad ,why does everyone have to pick on me about grammer ,really how old are u 5 years old grow up.
post #220 of 16240 Old 03-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

dude is that the best u got my grammer is bad ,why does everyone have to pick on me about grammer ,really how old are u 5 years old grow up.

No harm meant. I even had that cool smiley face with glasses above my post. I was just saying that your posts read like this:

don't know what you guys are talking about i don't have run.on sentences the sky is blue but so are you how now. brown cow punctuatioon is overated hope my post doesn't hurt your eyes.but don't complian

post #221 of 16240 Old 03-16-2012, 08:59 PM

Liked: 11
hey guys there is an article on hdguru about new prices on samsung led tvs sorry about no punctuation but typing this on my d8000 will try to post link wwith laptop go

tonyjd40
you can dream of where you will be ten years from now,or
you can work hard today to actually get there
post #222 of 16240 Old 03-16-2012, 09:46 PM

I'm not sure any of us are in a position to know whether 2012 will be a repeat of 2011 when it comes to a 75" Samsung making it to market. Given the QC problems of last years models and that QC problems are more noticeable and more costly to replace at larger screen sizes that might have been part of the issue. They may have also been gun-shy about entering the market at that kind of price tag...hopefully the Elite showed that people will pay an outrageous amount for a TV.

My memory of 2011 CES is a little fuzzy, but I don't remember a 75" LCD from Samsung there.
post #223 of 16240 Old 03-16-2012, 10:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 527
There was absolutely a 75" Samsung shown at CES 2011.

As for whether they'll ship one this year, you're right, we don't know But we do know is they have no fab that's especially good for making 75" panels and barely have shown interest in even making 65" panels (they ship one, very-low-volume model).

I mean, they certainly might change things up this year and ship the 75". But the fact they announced it and told retailers about it is identical to what they did last year, so shouldn't be construed as especially encouraging.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working.
post #224 of 16240 Old 03-17-2012, 12:10 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:

the last year's glasses are bluetooth so yes they will work with the new 2012 tv from samsung for sure.

Have you actually tried it or are you only guessing?
post #225 of 16240 Old 03-17-2012, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV-Freak View Post

It's been said in interviews.
post #226 of 16240 Old 03-17-2012, 08:19 AM

Can we get the owners of this set to post some more pics and observations. Curious minds want to know more before purchasing !! THX !!
post #227 of 16240 Old 03-17-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV-Freak View Post

i know this for a fact because i called samsung my self and a rep told me over the phone and i went into bestbuy and they used it on one of the new samsung 3D tv for 2012 .
post #228 of 16240 Old 03-17-2012, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

It's new for Panasonic to even be in the mid 50s... So people haven't had a chance to know if the products are interesting (although they look it). Samsung has a proven track record -- as well as more sizes.

Proven in which regard, Rogo? Information from the Samsung threads indicates that the track record is lack of consistency in QC.
post #229 of 16240 Old 03-17-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism View Post

Proven in which regard, Rogo? Information from the Samsung threads indicates that the track record is lack of consistency in QC.

I have 4 sammys and they all work perfectly. Granted, my newer 55 inch I bought in 2010 has the flashlighting issues, but they all work great and pic quality is great. I doubt you could ever find a perfect set not to mention manufacturer. We could all pick apart every tv sold and manufacturer. At the end of the day, you have to weigh the pros and cons and if you can feel that the set you bought was worth the money...that's all that matters.
post #230 of 16240 Old 03-17-2012, 10:20 PM

Hi everyone. Here's my impression of the Samsung UN55ES8000.

My local Best Buy had a display that they were nice enough to let me spend a couple hours with. I'm familar with the Dark Knight movie, so brought that with me.

My viewing of this was done in Best Buy, so take my review for what it's worth.

I didn't try the 3D, hand gestures or any of the voice commands. If I did, I would have said: Hello TV, followed by, tv tv on the wall, who's the fairest of them all

The first thing I did was ask the salesman what setting it was on. He said he's not sure, but thinks it's on dynamic. I told him I like it bright and was wondering if we could bump it up to torch setting. I could tell by his deer in the headlights look he wasn't sure what I was talking about. Just kidding I said and asked him if I could use the remote. I viewed/played with all the settings and liked the movie setting the best. The factory setting for movie was decent. Blacks are inky, colors look acurate, have nice pop and overall the picture looks great. This under store lighting.

I found myself spending some time trying to find the right combination of settings to smooth out the motion blur I kept seeing in the movie. I did find them and was happy with the result.

I then moved on to tweaking the color. I'm sure in a controlled environment and with calibration discs, this TV will reward you with better picture quality than factory settings provide.

As far as blooming, it's not that bad, and that's good. I'm not familar with the previous D8000, so I can't comment if it's an improvement.

I did not notice any flash lighting, uniformity or banding issues. Again, I'm looking at this at Best Buy, so you'll really have to wait to hear about these issues if there are any, from others who are viewing properly.

And now for the shoe drop. Viewing angle.

Moving off center just two feet, one sitting position and you'll see blacks and color fade quickly. The person sitting next to you on the sofa will not see what you're seeing. It's really apparent with dark sceens.

Who cares about viewing angles, it's all about me, right?
That's my X on the sofa and if I move off of it, well the tv will let me know, and that's a bit of a bummer.

I wish my take on this tv would have been, get your wallets out and buy it! Samsung has addressed all the issues and this is finally the one, the only...Kuro killer, Elite killer and OLED killer....Not!

My impression of the tv, in the store, is it has a beautiful frame, the picture extends right out to the edge, making it look like your looking thru a window! I could not see any issues except the off angle viewing is poor, really poor! Picture quality after some tweaking looked good....in the store. So please don't take out you're credit cards just yet. Wait for the reviews from cnet and others.

Cheers!

Let me take a minute here to qualify my viewing experience and what I'm looking for.
My last 3 panels were Pioneer Elites. Currently I have a Pioneer Elite PRO-FHD1 50", and this is my bench mark to meet when I'm shopping for a lager screen. Every year I patiently wait to see what the next generation of plasmas or LED's bring out. LED's are now on par with plasma's and it seems the best of the best for 2011 is the Sharp Elite. I've spent a lot of time with the Sharp Elite pro-70x5fd and the Sony XBR65HX929. Both models have their issues, but the picture quality of both was outstanding. If I was pressed to pick one, I'd choose the Sony. The Elite has a known cyan issue and pulsing. When viewed side by side agains the Sony, the Sony always had better color accuracy and I am all about picture qualilty. If the 2011 Elite gets the color and the pulsing fixed, then I would choose that one. That being said, because I'm under the impression Samsung is suppose to bringing to market this year the UN75ES8000, and I'd really like to have a bigger screen, 65, 70, 75, I really wanted this Samsung to perform well. I was very excited to view the Samsung UN55ES8000 in hopes that if it's picture qualilty was in the same league as the Sharp Elite or Sony, then I'll wait for the UN75ES8000 to come to market. Unfortunately it's viewing angle is the worst I've seen. The pro-70x5fd and XR65HX929 had off viewing issues too, but no where as bad. I could move to either end of the sofa and not notice any fading of blacks or color with those. The Samsung sweet spot viewing position is so limited, I find it a deal breaker. And that's a shame. Sometimes I like to sit on either side of my sofa and rest against the sofa arm or use the end table for popcorn or drink. The Samsung will not let me move from the very center of my sofa and that's not acceptable. How big is that sofa you ask? Two seat cushions, 4'6" seating area. I should be able to sit anywhere on that sofa and I could with the Elite or Sony. I'm not very stoked about a screen that dictates where I have to sit for picture quality. I understand lcd/led have viewing angle problems, but not as narrow as this unit. Whatssupwiththat Samsung. I like the look of LED screens for they have better pop than plasmas, hence why I'm interested in LED's now. If it was all about viewing angles then plasma's are clearly the winner. I'm aware of that. I'm looking at the bigger picture, pun intended. Picture accuracy, motion and viewing angles all come into play.

Rock on,
bekindrewind

post #231 of 16240 Old 03-17-2012, 11:24 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

the crazy thing is tho look at last year's D8000 cnet review no joke when it came to 3D the best 3D tv on the market last year was D8000 so for this to happen this year ,its kinda a let down ,but like the review did say u can lower it down and trueley i think a fireware update will be able to fix that ,but u never know ,let see what cnet has to say this year tho i am sure there will be different anwer's buddy .Thank u for commenting back bro

The best LCD 3DTVs on the market last year according to my research were the Sharp LE835u, the Toshiba wx800u and the Phillips 9706H which was super bright with the lowest crosstalk test results.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #232 of 16240 Old 03-18-2012, 12:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:

I wish my take on this tv would have been, get your wallets out and buy it! Samsung has addressed all the issues and this is finally the one, the only...Kuro killer, Elite killer and OLED killer....Not!

Thanks for the very insightful review! CNET could use more folks like you!
post #233 of 16240 Old 03-18-2012, 05:37 AM

can anyone that has the es8000 or es7500 set let me know if the switching between apps and actually loading an app such as "mog" has improved with the dual core processor.
on my d6400 model it is painfully slow!!!
thanks
post #234 of 16240 Old 03-18-2012, 05:56 AM
adb
AVS Special Member

"And now for the shoe drop. Viewing angle.

Moving off center just two feet, one sitting position and you'll see blacks and color fade quickly. The person sitting next to you on the sofa will not see what you're seeing. It's really apparent with dark sceens".

I am sorry to hear about the viewing angle problem. That is a real killer for me since my wife sits on a sofa about five feet from where my chair is. I was really beginning to get excited about this set.
post #235 of 16240 Old 03-18-2012, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holton0289 View Post

Just bought the ES8000 from best buy. ...

nice, but it's possible to access windows-shares or nfs-shares with this "new" models?

regards
arris
post #236 of 16240 Old 03-18-2012, 06:42 AM

Going to go to my local PC richerd's and son i called them yesterday and they say they got the ES8000 in aswell as the ES7500,I will take some pictures and tey my best to put them up on this fourm for u guy's.
post #237 of 16240 Old 03-18-2012, 07:09 AM

Hello all,
I've been scouring this thread for news/opinions of the ES8000 in hopes that someone would sway me to buy it. I didn't find an opinion that spurred me, it was viewing it in the store that interested me enough to purchase it. Nonetheless, I wanted to give my initial impressions so that it might help someone else trying to make a decision.

A little bit of background: I own 2 Samsung plasmas and a Panasonic 54G25. The Panny died after only 16 months of use. I haven't looked into repair yet, instead using it as a good excuse to get a new TV. Having only had plasmas and loving their picture, I was very reluctant to move to LCD/LED.

However, after seeing the ES8000 in the store, I was impressed enough to buy it and take it home. Now, keep in mind that I am learning about all of the "issues" with LCD TV's, like flashlighting, and I will give opinions from a long-term plasma owner's viewpoint.

**These impressions are based on viewing the TV in non-torch mode. I adjusted the settings to be similar to how I view my plasma. The backlight was 6-8, contrast at about 65-70 and brightness at 50-60. I've turned off all of the "extra control" things like motion control and black level control.

**I haven't messed with the voice or motion control yet, since they aren't important to me. Same goes for the internet related things.

**Picture quality is priority number one for me and my criticisms will show that.

So far, here's what I like.
1. The picture is absolutely amazing. The colors are very rich and the detail is astonishing. Everything seems much more crisp than that on my G25.

2. I've watched about half of a 3D movie, Kung-Fu Panda 2, and the 3D is also very impressive.

3. It seems to handle motion incredibly well, perhaps better than my G25.

Here are my initial complaints.
1. The glare from the screen is pretty bad. At times it is definitely distracting at other times I get sucked into what I'm viewing and don't notice it.

2. As bekindrewind stated, if you are off center, the color washes out badly.

3. I see flashlighting when watching in 3D. You can see noticeable amounts of light coming from the 4 corners of the TV when the movie is in widescreen (i.e the black bars aren't black). I adjusted the backlight, contrast and brightness and it didn't fully cure the issue. I haven't viewed a movie in 2D yet to know if it has the same problems, I will try that tonight. I will say that I watched a good 20 minutes of Green Lantern in the store and didn't notice any flashlighting under the store lights.

Overall, I like the TV even with it's "issues". The picture is impressive enough to overlook the shortcomings for some users, I'm sure. However, being a plasma guy, I'm not sure if I can live with the changing of colors when not on center, and the flashlighting issues. I plan to keep monitor my likes/dislikes for another week and then decide if I enjoy it enough to keep it.

How do the issues stack up to that of the D8000? Did it have glare issues? Color issues if you were off center?

Thanks, Bob
post #238 of 16240 Old 03-18-2012, 08:11 AM

Could anyone indicate how many GB of data storage gives samsung contained in the cloud? Could you make an extensive review including?
Image quality. Uniformity. Natural or artificial colours. Image quality presets. Calibration. Contrast. Shadow detail. treatment of motion. sD upscaling
Sound Quality
Agility of the menus. All share play. Smart contents. Family Story. Fitness. Kids
Speed ​​apps, web browser speed. Flash player. Multitasking. Cammera
Voice control, gesture control, face recognition
Media player, ¿play MKV 3d? ¿Play DTS? , etc, etc
Problems founds
Photos please. Photos quality image
Thanks in advance
post #239 of 16240 Old 03-18-2012, 09:29 AM

heheheh electrofan, that is quite a list
i am also curious about the way the browser and apps now run with the dual core processors..
i am anxious as my 55es7500 will be here wednesday.. just got a call from the carrier scheduling for Wednesday pickup and delivery!
post #240 of 16240 Old 03-18-2012, 05:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbob2k2 View Post

How do the issues stack up to that of the D8000? Did it have glare issues? Color issues if you were off center?

Thanks, Bob

D8000 has the same issues.

I'm surprised u didnt get the upcoming panny 55-WT50 ips panel, which won't have these glaring issues + better black level performance. Well it should be out within your return window, or at least it's 47-inch sibling will be......

I know you must have some animosity towards panasonic for your dead g25, but samsung qc is not that gr8 either.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Displays , Samsung Un46es8000 Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page