AVS Forum banner
1M views 16K replies 720 participants last post by  Canuck_TO 
#1 ·

Just bought the ES8000 from best buy. I called my local best buy to see if they had any, she said they have one each at 2 stores locally. I thought, oh ok they are probably show units but ill try anyway. I walked in at the perfect time. They got one in and just opened the box when I asked the guy if I could have it. All he did was cut the tape on the top of the box, the stand wasnt even removed yet (its on the top). He ended up selling it to me. Got some pics if anyone is interested.

Anyway. Im now selling my UN46B8500. Works graet, I have all original packaging and boxes. Im not sure what to sell it for yet. Even though the set is a couple years old, it has maybe a year (or less) worth of use because Ive been out of the country several times since i bought it.

#16,382 ·
I think I solved the problem of the TV turn on and off by itself.

I removed my WiFi module on 55ES8000 tv . The device did not close any more.

WiFi is in the lower left corner of the TV. If you remove the TV 's plastic frame. module attached to plastic frame . Whether the cable or remove the module to cancel completely .

#16,383 ·
Haven't posted in awhile. I have the ES8000 with the original EVO Kit installed in 2013. And I cannot connect to my wireless router. All my devices connect (BDP, Apple TV). When I try via Network, it says "wired" (no wire) and when I say "wireless" I get nothing, but there's pic on the screen telling me to connect the ethernet cord to the adapter that fits into the EVO Kit, there's only one input to that. I bought a Samsung thingy that goes into a USB port that the telephone rep said I needed, but that does nothing I sent it back. So my question is do I need a wired internet connection for the Evo Kit? If so should I just remove it because I got a connection before I installed it in 2013. I've just been using the peripherals until now and want to use Amazon Prime Video for some content but it's not on Apple TV and my BD player has it buy it's not listed on Amazon to register (it's a 2012).

Thanks in advance.

#16,384 ·
Haven't posted in awhile. I have the ES8000 with the original EVO Kit installed in 2013. And I cannot connect to my wireless router. All my devices connect (BDP, Apple TV). When I try via Network, it says "wired" (no wire) and when I say "wireless" I get nothing, but there's pic on the screen telling me to connect the ethernet cord to the adapter that fits into the EVO Kit, there's only one input to that. I bought a Samsung thingy that goes into a USB port that the telephone rep said I needed, but that does nothing I sent it back. So my question is do I need a wired internet connection for the Evo Kit? If so should I just remove it because I got a connection before I installed it in 2013. I've just been using the peripherals until now and want to use Amazon Prime Video for some content but it's not on Apple TV and my BD player has it buy it's not listed on Amazon to register (it's a 2012).

Thanks in advance.
My wifi module crapped out and I had to replace it: WIDT20R, BN59-01148C is what I used to replace wifi. I had to take the set apart. See the post a few above about accessing the wifi module. Lots of bad wifi modules.

#16,385 ·
Hello, I wanted to post up a question, I finally decided to look up fixing the wifi connection on my Samsung UN55es8000FXZ. Unfortunately This is not the first sight I went to. Never the less I end up here, were after reading a ton of posts it appear like there are some very knowledgeable people. In short, not really knowing how to navigate in the Service Mode, besides fixing the region code I must have inadvertently selected something else. I changed the region to 'A' and that is fine then the TV downloaded the upgrade to 1059 but my screen has a horrendous pink hue and no changing of the colors helps. I know that I must have changed something in the service mode. Does anyone have a list of what the settings should be. I appreciate any help I can get. I feel like such a fool and am very angry with myself for this snafu.

#16,387 ·
In case there's any interest, the SEK-3000 is showing in stock at Sparco (quantity 15 available in Jonestown PA location).

http://www.sparco.com/cgi-bin/wfind2?spn=A2UY018

I have no idea what wonders this will introduce.
I'm not sure this would work on the E-Series TV. The Korean version seems to only support the F and H-Series. There are Samsung listing service on other electronic wholesale suppliers websites that list the SEK-3000, as supporting the E, but I don't know if I want to spend $200 US, to find out. If any brave souls do wish to roll the dice, please let us all know the outcome.

#16,388 ·
I'm not sure this would work on the E-Series TV. The Korean version seems to only support the F and H-Series. There are Samsung listing service on other electronic wholesale suppliers websites that list the SEK-3000, as supporting the E, but I don't know if I want to spend $200 US, to find out. If any brave souls do wish to roll the dice, please let us all know the outcome.
I'm also waiting to hear about the experience of others. I do think it's great that Samsung is still making upgrades available.

#16,389 ·
... but my screen has a horrendous pink hue and no changing of the colors helps. I know that I must have changed something in the service mode. Does anyone have a list of what the settings should be. I appreciate any help I can get. I feel like such a fool and am very angry with myself for this snafu.
Are you seeing that when viewing from an external source? It sounds like a handshake EDID issue, or at least something akin to that, coming from a color space disagreement.

#16,390 ·
Anyone here know the steps to program a Harmony One remote to control the audio of Samsung TV apps through my new Marantz. Had an installer do the connections. Something changed. I can not get the app audio (Plex movies & Amazon Prime movies) to come through and the TV audio to drop out. The HDMI cable is connecting both arc HDMIs so it should work. Why would the unwanted TV audio not drop out when you switch to the app or the apps audio to drop out when you switch back to TV?
I thought arc is automatic but my installer mentioned he usually disables arc. How do you do that? I would like to enable it. Video seems to work well and I had no problems on the Onkyo.
Thanks

#16,391 ·
Anyone here know the steps to program a Harmony One remote to control the audio of Samsung TV apps through my new Marantz. Had an installer do the connections. Something changed. I can not get the app audio (Plex movies & Amazon Prime movies) to come through and the TV audio to drop out. The HDMI cable is connecting both arc HDMIs so it should work. Why would the unwanted TV audio not drop out when you switch to the app or the apps audio to drop out when you switch back to TV?
I thought arc is automatic but my installer mentioned he usually disables arc. How do you do that? I would like to enable it. Video seems to work well and I had no problems on the Onkyo.
Thanks
Your installer is correct. Just run an optical cable. The arc was giving me hell with my harmony one and Yamaha and Yamaha receiver. Arc is not worth the trouble.

#16,392 ·
Yes, there can be problems. It took the third set before I finally found a Samsung keeper. If you look through the other TV threads, you'll notice returns and problems, as well. The panel "lotto" has been discussed at length concerning LCD/LED TV's. I'm not sure if this has been cured - - even with the 4K sets and "FALD" features.

That being said, it's newer technology. I expect problems. That's why I'm such a firm believer in an extended warranty. (I went through SquareTrade via Costco.)

Sorry to hear about your TV. I hope you get an adequate replacement or full refund.
We had similar experiences with ES8005. Panel was changed, but vertical line reappeared. We fixed it by moving TV to slight uphill. The TV stand was not absolutely horizontal and therefor the TV tilted to the side where line came. During years panel perhaps moved towards frames and resulted a vertical line when touching it. Checked with level that TV is horizontal and put a piece of blanket under the leg. No problems for 2 years!

Samsung warrant is very good!

#16,395 ·
Anyone tried the SEK-3000 with this tv?

It says in the Swedish website for the kit that it supports

2012 TV
LED ES7000, ES7500 Series and above, PDP E7000,E8000 Series

2013 TV
LED F7000, F7400, F7450, F7500, F8000, F8200, F8500, PDP F8500 Series

2014 TV
LED H8000

Since no one seem to know i took the liberty to order the SEK-3000 and going to test on my European ES Tv set.

Samsung US says it isn't supported and Samsung Europe says it does, so i guess this kit wil work on European tv's but not in the US, that is the 2012 models though.

#16,397 ·
Since no one seem to know i took the liberty to order the SEK-3000 and going to test on my European ES Tv set.

Samsung US says it isn't supported and Samsung Europe says it does, so i guess this kit wil work on European tv's but not in the US, that is the 2012 models though.
It doesnt work, check amazon reviews.

#16,398 ·
It doesnt work, check amazon reviews.
Yes i have, but only US people has written reviews.

Taken from the Swedish Samsung site, see attachment, they don't have this on the US Site.

Anyway, if it doesn't work i will just deliver it back, the only thing i loose on it is the money to ship it back to the dealer, like 8$ or something.

Attachments

#16,400 ·
Hi gents. My Samsung UN65ES8000F TV has been great until just about 2 weeks ago, the pictures on TV became solarized. My wife called a serviceman and he thinks it's the T-Con board that needs to be replaced and wants $400 for parts and labor. I took it on myself to go online and read more about the problem and it appears most of the problem is due to T-con board. In my case, when I pull up the menu, it also appears to be solarized and not clear thus this leads me to think the problem is indeed the T-con board.

I watched lots of youtubes and most of them mentioned of replacing a cheap AS15 IC. I removed my T-con board out from the TV but I don't see this chip anywhere. Unfortunately I see that shopjimmy is out of this board and I'm just wondering if any gurus on this forum would please help me in locating what needs to be replaced on this T-con board?

I tried to read as much of the 547 pages of this thread but obviously can't read it all. If this has been mentioned, I would appreciate if you could direct me to that specific post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.