2012 Vizo tv specs help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-12-2012, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know where to get the specs for the 2012 Vizo tvs? I was at Costco and the had the new 2012 Vizios out, but I cant seem to find the specs on the internet. They have the 2011s on the Vizo web site and just about everywhere else, but not the 2012s. I was looking at the M420SR for our bedroom and last year it had 100,000 to 1 contrast and the new one at costso says 1,000,000 to 1.
Thanks for any help
Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-13-2012, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadmic View Post

Does anyone know where to get the specs for the 2012 Vizo tvs? I was at Costco and the had the new 2012 Vizios out, but I cant seem to find the specs on the internet. They have the 2011s on the Vizo web site and just about everywhere else, but not the 2012s. I was looking at the M420SR for our bedroom and last year it had 100,000 to 1 contrast and the new one at costso says 1,000,000 to 1.
Thanks for any help
Mark

Some stores, like Costco, will carry a slightly different model number than what you can find online from either the mfr or other outlets. They do that so it becomes difficult to price match because the models are not "exactly the same". Quite often, the only difference is the model number but the specs are the same, but it does make it difficult to compare "models" (which is the idea). Perfectly legal too because it's a store specific model. I'd also be careful on zeroing in on just the contrast ratio. There is a lot of leeway in calculating the contrast ratio because it's not standardized and it depends on which contrast ratio they are referring too, static or dynamic. Static is the more important of the two but the calculated numbers are lower so a mfr will use the dynamic a lot of the times which has a higher number. Some consider Vizio basically a marketing company so they seem to play around with their specs more than others. If you're buying at Costco that's good cause you're warranty will be extended which seems to be especially uselful for Vizio's in general.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-13-2012, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. I was comparing the M420SR at Costco and on the Vizo website. The Vizio web site says this tv has 100,000 to one and the box the TV comes in at Costco says 1,000,000 to one. I know Costco just got these TVs in as I look at their TVs all the time and the box says 2012. I know Costco plays around with the model numbers, but they seem to always have a diffrent one than everyone else. This has the same model number as everyone else has and the Vizo web site has.
Thanks again
Mark
post #4 of 5 Old 03-30-2012, 08:07 PM

Just picked up this TV from Costco, anyone have settings they can post?
post #5 of 5 Old 04-02-2012, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Im getting the ISF calibration disc I will post numbers after Ive used it. Im still not sure about this TV. I like the picture so far but it makes a loud buzzing noise when you first turn it on and then seem to get quiet. The owners manual and box that came with the tv says its 1,000,000 to 1 dynamic contrast ratio with a refresh rate od 6.5ms, if you look this TV up on the Vizio web site it says 100,000 to 1 dynamic contrast raito and that it has a refresh rate of 5ms, and if you look under the suport tab on the same page and down load the manual it says 1,000,000 to 1 dynamic contrast raito and a refresh rate of 5ms. All this really dosent matter as I said I like the picture, but Vizio really needs to get their act together on the stats as alot of people like to compare them and I called them and the person on their tech line couldent tell which was right.
Mark
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page