Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 3968 Old 04-04-2012, 11:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman193 View Post

Wow.. I can't believe this. I posted earlier about the True Motion and how I did not see a difference when toggling between the different options. My Sony with the same 240 True Motion made an immediate impact.

So I called LG customer service. Guess what .. they acknowledged that they sold these TV's as 240 but the True Motion is not working right now and it will not change the refresh rate. So you may be toggling between the different True Motion selections but the truth is the refresh rate is still 60hz. They said their engineering department is working on a software fix. So let me get this straight, I purchased the higher end TV because I wanted the ability to get 240hz ( I know internally ) and this tv was sold as a 240 but right now no one is getting a refresh rate greater then 60hz. Who knows when and if they will ever change the software.

I knew it wasn't right. With the Sony there was a huge difference when selecting the different true motion options. This TV is a farce. I don't know if I should return it now ..but this made of broke the straw.

Not sure why. I just got mine hooked up last night and I see a big difference as well. With it on I feel like I am watching an old soap opera or VHS tape. With it off there is a huge difference and that effect goes away.

Also, my brother in law bought last years model (120hz) and we both noticed a difference between the sets. We both agreed he gets more pixelation in action sequences. We purposely watched a specific scene at his house and watched it again on mine last night and my model was "cleaner".

So, I am wondering if the issues you mention above were only for certain sets because I can't explain why I am seeing what I am seeing compared to you. I will keep an eye on your updates to your topic for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 3968 Old 04-04-2012, 12:19 PM

So I had everything hooked up last night. I have not had a chance to calibrate as of yet. However, popped in a 3D movie and I was impressed overall with the passive 3d performance. I plan on using my calibration disc today to adjust the set. Do any of you know if I am going to need the service menu for this?

Also, I can't say I am huge fan of their menu UI but I have seen worse. Some of the options like Tru Motion I had to dig for. I also don't like that I can't assign custom names for inputs. That stinks because if you have two game consoles you can use the built in Games but then you have two inputs with the same name. At the very least they should automatically add a (2) next to it if you are not going to allow custom names. This is suppose to be one of their flagship models so being able to assign custom input names should be a given IMO.

The remote is not bad and really responsive. However, it would have been nice to include an input button on it to quickly change between sources. Switching between input sources is not the most intuitive. However overall I am happy with the remote.

Also love the fact that this TV has wireless connectivity. I purchased a Sony 3D Blu Ray player and that is wireless as well. Was able to eliminate two cords coming from the old TV and Blu Ray player. Really happy about wireless connectivity for both of those. Update of the latest software for the LG was snap. I was surprised at how quickly the process completed. Not sure what was in the update but it updated just the same.

I will have to post again about picture when I calibrate my set. However, I was impressed with what I had seen popping Avatar in the blu ray without calibration. If there are any tips for those that have calibrated I would appreciate it.
post #273 of 3968 Old 04-04-2012, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarenG View Post

So I had everything hooked up last night. I have not had a chance to calibrate as of yet. However, popped in a 3D movie and I was impressed overall with the passive 3d performance. I plan on using my calibration disc today to adjust the set. Do any of you know if I am going to need the service menu for this?

Also, I can't say I am huge fan of their menu UI but I have seen worse. Some of the options like Tru Motion I had to dig for. I also don't like that I can't assign custom names for inputs. That stinks because if you have two game consoles you can use the built in Games but then you have two inputs with the same name. At the very least they should automatically add a (2) next to it if you are not going to allow custom names. This is suppose to be one of their flagship models so being able to assign custom input names should be a given IMO.

The remote is not bad and really responsive. However, it would have been nice to include an input button on it to quickly change between sources. Switching between input sources is not the most intuitive. However overall I am happy with the remote.

Also love the fact that this TV has wireless connectivity. I purchased a Sony 3D Blu Ray player and that is wireless as well. Was able to eliminate two cords coming from the old TV and Blu Ray player. Really happy about wireless connectivity for both of those. Update of the latest software for the LG was snap. I was surprised at how quickly the process completed. Not sure what was in the update but it updated just the same.

I will have to post again about picture when I calibrate my set. However, I was impressed with what I had seen popping Avatar in the blu ray without calibration. If there are any tips for those that have calibrated I would appreciate it.

You will not need the service menu for the user calibration.

I don't particularly like the RF remote, however, I found that when I programmed my Harmony One using 55LM7600, I have just about all the functoinality of the Magic Remote minus the motion control. The only thing missing is a "Back" function. This is the default settings, I still need to try add the back function. Apparently the set will recognize the RF from the Magic Remote an the IR from my Logitech Harmony One.
post #274 of 3968 Old 04-04-2012, 03:51 PM

Maybe it does not apply to all the tv's but when I called LG they immediately were aware of the issue and explained that the 240hz is not working and engineering was working on it.

I didn't get the last update because I returned my tv yesterday. I was set to purchase the 65 inch panasonic plasma but at the last minute, after staring at screens for about an hour, I purchase the Samsung 55D800 instead. As some others have commented here ..it does have a much better picture right out of the box ..at least in my opinion. I hated to spend the extra money but as it turned out I got some extra free 3d glasses and it all worked out. I need to tweak the picture but so far ... I am happy I returned the LG and replaced it with the Samsung. I love the remote from the Samsung much better but the picture is the main reason. I can clearly tell the difference now in true motion settings and 240hz. I still liked some things better on the LG but It just blows my mind that they sold these tv's as 240hz when the software is not working and they know this. Maybe the last update corrected the issue but I doubt it.

I'm happy with my decision.
post #275 of 3968 Old 04-04-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman193 View Post

Maybe it does not apply to all the tv's but when I called LG they immediately were aware of the issue and explained that the 240hz is not working and engineering was working on it.

I didn't get the last update because I returned my tv yesterday. I was set to purchase the 65 inch panasonic plasma but at the last minute, after staring at screens for about an hour, I purchase the Samsung 55D800 instead. As some others have commented here ..it does have a much better picture right out of the box ..at least in my opinion. I hated to spend the extra money but as it turned out I got some extra free 3d glasses and it all worked out. I need to tweak the picture but so far ... I am happy I returned the LG and replaced it with the Samsung. I love the remote from the Samsung much better but the picture is the main reason. I can clearly tell the difference now in true motion settings and 240hz. I still liked some things better on the LG but It just blows my mind that they sold these tv's as 240hz when the software is not working and they know this. Maybe the last update corrected the issue but I doubt it.

I'm happy with my decision.

is there motion blur while watching sports on your samsung? or if you play any sports games do you notice any? I'm thinking of returning my LG
post #276 of 3968 Old 04-04-2012, 06:37 PM

I just got the Samsung yesterday so haven't had time to fully test it yet but I do not see any motion blur so far with the programs I watched.
post #277 of 3968 Old 04-04-2012, 08:40 PM

Liked: 11
So I began the download of the software update, but my kids shut off the tv during the download. Now I am still on version 03.02.85 and it says there is no update available now. Am I screwed?
post #278 of 3968 Old 04-04-2012, 08:55 PM

Has anyone messed with the 3d settings much? I am playing with the 3d viewpoint setting ant noticed if I set it above "5" that I get a little distortion on the far left and far right of the picture. It is about a half inch wide on both sides. However, IMO it is worth adjusting at least to that point because things pop out much more when you do.

I did not play with the depth setting as much yet but it adds depth between objects and does not impact pop out.

I am impressed with the 3d. I was not overly impressed with Active 3d when compared to Passive.....especially when factoring the price. If the quality was the difference between VHS and DVD I could probably stomach the cost of the active glasses. However, there is very little difference in quality when comparing the two based on my shopping around and comparing.
post #279 of 3968 Old 04-04-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkaufma1 View Post

So I began the download of the software update, but my kids shut off the tv during the download. Now I am still on version 03.02.85 and it says there is no update available now. Am I screwed?

Unpolug the TV for a few minutes. Turn back on and make sure you have internet connection from some other app first. Then try to get the update.
post #280 of 3968 Old 04-04-2012, 09:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 90
I saw the tv at BB today and I was really impressed with the 3D. It was much better than the Samsung.

post #281 of 3968 Old 04-04-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinoroger View Post

Unpolug the TV for a few minutes. Turn back on and make sure you have internet connection from some other app first. Then try to get the update.

Just tried. No dice.

Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.
post #282 of 3968 Old 04-04-2012, 11:28 PM

Quote:

Just tried. No dice.

Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

just reset the tv unplugged the tv hold the power button for 30 sec....and wait 2 minutes to turn on the tv....probably that helps
post #283 of 3968 Old 04-05-2012, 01:01 AM

Quote:

Just reset the tv....
post #284 of 3968 Old 04-05-2012, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

I saw the tv at BB today and I was really impressed with the 3D. It was much better than the Samsung.

That is my opinion, as well.
post #285 of 3968 Old 04-05-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark140 View Post

Just reset the tv....

I tried, but maybe it didn't work. I unplugged, held the power button in for 30 secs and then turned the tv on. I had the same picture settings, but I had to reconnect the network. Then checked for the update and it still found no update...
post #286 of 3968 Old 04-05-2012, 05:06 PM

I just purchased this model and so far enjoying it. Got the pic set up decent for now. I am having a problem with the audio and not sure if I am just missing something. I have a denon 3808ci so I cannot pass 3d through it. Everything is running hdmi into tv. I have a optical cord going from tv to denon. I cannot get anything but stereo. I unplugged the optical cord from tv and put into ps3/cable box. It will play 5.1/dts when directly connected. I cannot figure out what is going on. Thanks for any help
post #287 of 3968 Old 04-05-2012, 08:38 PM

Still looking for someone who has has this set professionally calibrated. Anyone?
post #288 of 3968 Old 04-05-2012, 08:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommypolo View Post

Still looking for someone who has has this set professionally calibrated. Anyone?

If you're looking for some numbers to try, these are for the EU models but you could give it a try and then tweak them.

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.p...&id=1333359799

post #289 of 3968 Old 04-05-2012, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I tried, but maybe it didn't work. I unplugged, held the power button in for 30 secs and then turned the tv on. I had the same picture settings, but I had to reconnect the network. Then checked for the update and it still found no update...

How about giving LG a call?

post #290 of 3968 Old 04-05-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:

sorry to hear that ikaufma1....just go on the lg website and chat with one of the employee he or she may help you with that...thats what i do when i have a question...
post #291 of 3968 Old 04-05-2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:

Maybe the update is done. Did you check you current firmware version?
post #292 of 3968 Old 04-06-2012, 07:05 AM

Yes it is the original software version. LG chat couldn't resolve it. Going to send service out. Sheesh!
post #293 of 3968 Old 04-06-2012, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

I've never had this happen with my LG tv but did have it happen with the blu-ray and it never presented a problem. Upon turning it back on the update was either fully installed or not at all and I would have to start over. I bet that the update did fully install.

post #294 of 3968 Old 04-07-2012, 07:42 PM

Have anybody tried streaming different formats of video files. I would definately like to know what this can play through your network or even with USB sticks.
I know LG had problem with supporting mkv's audio last year. I wander if they made any improvements on this. Playing ISO will be extra nice but I'm probably dreaming on that right?
post #295 of 3968 Old 04-07-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchidaddy View Post

Have anybody tried streaming different formats of video files. I would definately like to know what this can play through your network or even with USB sticks.
I know LG had problem with supporting mkv's audio last year. I wander if they made any improvements on this. Playing ISO will be extra nice but I'm probably dreaming on that right?

I was able to play .MKV, .divx, .mp4 files pretty easily

The tv had no problems playing a 10gig Baraka Bluray rip (.MKV/DTS) file ... I'm pretty impressed
post #296 of 3968 Old 04-07-2012, 10:21 PM

I finally had a chance to do some input lag testing (using a Macbook in mirror mode with an on-screen counter and a camera at 1/60) and found some results that'll be of interest to anyone gaming on this screen.

There are basically two response rates that you can hit, 116ms and 16ms. 16 is great for gaming and 116 has a really noticeable lag.

The biggest thing to note is that the input number does not appear to make a difference, but the input label does. So even though Input 4 is supposed to be a "PC" input, it operates the same as the other inputs.

However the labeling of the input on the input select screen makes a big difference. For any label other than PC, "Game" mode is the only picture setting that will let you hit 16ms. For inputs labelled "PC", you'll get 16ms all of the time, regardless of the Picture mode.

Here's the most surprising bit....on an input that isn't labeled "PC", you'll lose Local Dimming when in Game mode. The option will be greyed out and it will very clearly be disabled (hello flashlights). However, if you label that input as "PC", you'll have Local Dimming support even in game mode and still have a 16ms response rate.

So would there be any reason to not label any input you'll be gaming on as "PC"? Not that I can find. I have an Xbox 360 and PS3 on an HDMI switch on Input 2 and my PC on Input 4, and it seems to make sense to label both of those inputs as PC.

I can't explain why Local Dimming wouldn't be available in Game mode on an input labeled Game, but would be on an input labeled PC. But if you're gaming and want Local Dimming support, it seems like labeling your input as PC is the way to go.

HDMI Input 3:
Labeled as "Game" input or not labeled
Standard settings - 116ms
ISF Expert - 116ms
Game mode - 16ms
No local dimming available

HDMI Input 3:
Labeled as "PC" input
Standard settings - 16ms
Game settings - 16ms
ISF Expert - 16ms
Local dimming options available

HDMI Input 4:
Rinse and repeat, it behaves exactly the same as Input 3.
post #297 of 3968 Old 04-07-2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantastica View Post

I finally had a chance to do some input lag testing (using a Macbook in mirror mode with an on-screen counter and a camera at 1/60) and found some results that'll be of interest to anyone gaming on this screen.

There are basically two response rates that you can hit, 116ms and 16ms. 16 is great for gaming and 116 has a really noticeable lag.

The biggest thing to note is that the input number does not appear to make a difference, but the input label does. So even though Input 4 is supposed to be a "PC" input, it operates the same as the other inputs.

However the labeling of the input on the input select screen makes a big difference. For any label other than PC, "Game" mode is the only picture setting that will let you hit 16ms. For inputs labelled "PC", you'll get 16ms all of the time, regardless of the Picture mode.

Here's the most surprising bit....on an input that isn't labeled "PC", you'll lose Local Dimming when in Game mode. The option will be greyed out and it will very clearly be disabled (hello flashlights). However, if you label that input as "PC", you'll have Local Dimming support even in game mode and still have a 16ms response rate.

So would there be any reason to not label any input you'll be gaming on as "PC"? Not that I can find. I have an Xbox 360 and PS3 on an HDMI switch on Input 2 and my PC on Input 4, and it seems to make sense to label both of those inputs as PC.

I can't explain why Local Dimming wouldn't be available in Game mode on an input labeled Game, but would be on an input labeled PC. But if you're gaming and want Local Dimming support, it seems like labeling your input as PC is the way to go.

HDMI Input 3:
Labeled as "Game" input or not labeled
Standard settings - 116ms
ISF Expert - 116ms
Game mode - 16ms
No local dimming available

HDMI Input 3:
Labeled as "PC" input
Standard settings - 16ms
Game settings - 16ms
ISF Expert - 16ms
Local dimming options available

HDMI Input 4:
Rinse and repeat, it behaves exactly the same as Input 3.

Awesome work!

I have been playing Xbox360 (Halo Reach/Gears of war3) regularly since the last 2 weeks on LM7600 and didn't notice lag at all.

I did rename input to PC
Audio mode: Game
Video mode: Game

Interesting note about local dimming, I thought it'd be disabled in game mode ... I'll check it out. Thanks!
post #298 of 3968 Old 04-08-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornedbronco View Post

The tv had no problems playing a 10gig Baraka Bluray rip (.MKV/DTS) file ... I'm pretty impressed

Whhhhaaa?

I thought .MKV wasn't supported? Nice! Is this for the 7600 version only or will the 6700 version have it too? I have the 7600, but I thought people reported not being able to play MKV with the 6700...

I'm thinking about downloading the new firmware, anyone know what the new firmware will fix?
post #299 of 3968 Old 04-08-2012, 08:54 PM

Anyone downloaded and installed the latest firmware for this TV? Any changes? Fixed anything?
post #300 of 3968 Old 04-08-2012, 08:58 PM

A
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornedbronco View Post

I did strem from the internet on mobile vids.....pretty cool......internet is great.....also i used my trasformer prime for dlna....i stream from my tablet wirelessly...pretty cool......love this tv
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Displays , Onkyo Tx Nr609 7 2 Channel Network Thx Certified A V Receiver , Lg Nb3520a Sound Bar Audio System With Wireless Subwoofer Bluetooth Streaming , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page