post #2971 of 4021 Old 02-24-2013, 07:37 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

I did go to solidsignal.com, but the search for "1/4 second" yielded nothing. Also, I could find no link for a forum (where is it?), and you said it was a report by them, not the HT guys in a podcast. So I thought it was someplace else.

As for what it might be referring to, I can only guess---but from a line discipline standpoint it makes no fundamental sense unless the cable is out of spec for what they were attempting---which is basically nothing: changing channels. When I google the problem in the abstract, the links come up dry except for the HT guys podcast. I started to listen to the podcast itself but didn't want to spend the time listening to the entire thing so punted quickly.

I'll look again for an engineering analysis in the future on that, because I'd really like to know just WTF they're measuring there.

Solid Signal did indeed report it, HT guys did the study. To report does not mean to be the one who did the research... smile.gif And I did jump ahead to it and listen. I don't believe this one exercise proves anything, but that's not the point. What I posted was what exists.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2972 of 4021 Old 02-24-2013, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglePC View Post

Thanks Dr.Shankenstein & tampa8

Works NOW!

This is the best TV I ever owned

so far LOL

one other question I calibrated my tv and in 3D I don't have those settings I saved
do I have to calibrate each 2d and 3d ?
I haven't tried 3D on the set, but from what I have heard from others on this generation LG and most sets is there is 3D calibration settings needed as well.
post #2973 of 4021 Old 02-27-2013, 01:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Have owned the 7600 for a week 1 1/2 best choice I could have ever made very happy!!!

Got it home before unboxing!!!

After unboxing and set up watching ESPN!!!biggrin.gif
post #2974 of 4021 Old 02-27-2013, 06:20 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
DomoKnowsTech Nice

Whats your settings , like to share:)

thanks

RF61ii's
RC42ii
WS24's
RW-10D subwoofer
ONKYO AVR TX NR818
Oppo BDP-103
Cyber Power PFC 1500VA UPS
LG 55in 240hz LED 55LM7600 TV
post #2975 of 4021 Old 02-27-2013, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 105
A week in and still loving this set. I will be trying out a few movies today 2D and 3D, looking forward to some Prometheus and How to train your dragon.
post #2976 of 4021 Old 02-27-2013, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 722 Post(s)
Liked: 968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Shankenstein View Post

A week in and still loving this set. I will be trying out a few movies today 2D and 3D, looking forward to some Prometheus and How to train your dragon.

Threads so often fill with negatives, because of the nature of trying to solve a problem. So it's important to have positive feedback like yours.

Send this to all your friends! When will this stupidity end? So hysterical: Vertical Video Syndrome --- a PSA.
post #2977 of 4021 Old 02-27-2013, 12:02 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 66
*Disclaimer: These results might vary from panel to panel, so I will not be sharing settings....besides some basic stuff.

Here's my update after having this TV for a few days,

First, I'm directly comparing this panel to my Samsung PN58C8000. (I game and calibrate way too much, so I wanted to get something that I don't have to worry about IR or burn in with.)
If you're interested in the gear I used for the calibration, and testing process.....here's my site: primarycalibration.com(click on the "Gear" tab)

Pros:
Panel uniformity.(I used 100% color, and grayscale patterns to test)

The colors of the TV are are pretty great out of the box. (I only needed to adjust the main color slider a few clicks, to get most of the colors to fall below dE of 3 or less. The only color that was above 3 was green.....which most reviews out there show.)

Motion (I turned off all the processing, and it still held its own against my plasma. In scenes with a lot of movement and action, it would struggle a little, but that's to be expected.)

Gaming, has great motion, with little to no smearing. (The input lag on this set is pretty good. I have a BenQXL2410T, that has an input lag of less than 10ms. This TV has been tested to have about 34ms of input lag, I would agree with this number. This TV does have a small amount more lag than my plasma, but not enough to complain about.) Here's a great source LINK (Thanks to FourWude, one the members on this site)

Aesthetics (I really like that LG went with the small bezel on this model. The stand is also quite nice, but if you mount this TV, it won't matter.)

Cons:

Flashlighting (I have some flashlighting along the top and left side of the panel. Most LED edge-lit sets will have some, but this set seems to have some issues with this.)

Black level (In direct comparison with my plasma, it's very noticeable. The LG's overall picture looks a little washed out. If I didn't have the direct comparison, I probably wouldn't notice as much.)

Viewing angles (There is definitely a small "sweet spot" for this TV. Again if I didn't have the plasma, I might not notice as much, but it's definitely there.)

I still might return this TV because of the flashlighting, but haven't decided yet. If it didn't have the flashlighting, I'd keep it, and just deal with the black level and viewing angles.
post #2978 of 4021 Old 02-27-2013, 01:30 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectronicTonic View Post

*Disclaimer: These results might vary from panel to panel, so I will not be sharing settings....besides some basic stuff.

Cons:

Flashlighting (I have some flashlighting along the top and left side of the panel. Most LED edge-lit sets will have some, but this set seems to have some issues with this.)

Black level (In direct comparison with my plasma, it's very noticeable. The LG's overall picture looks a little washed out. If I didn't have the direct comparison, I probably wouldn't notice as much.)

Viewing angles (There is definitely a small "sweet spot" for this TV. Again if I didn't have the plasma, I might not notice as much, but it's definitely there.)

I still might return this TV because of the flashlighting, but haven't decided yet. If it didn't have the flashlighting, I'd keep it, and just deal with the black level and viewing angles.

Hi-

I've gone from Panny Plasma to Samsung LCD to this set. In terms of the picture looking a little washed out, of the top my head the settings that will affect that the most/best are Brightness, contrast, backlighting, gamma. Apologize if those terms aren't correct in the tvs settings, been a couple weeks since I tweaked mine. But a few changes with those settings can make a big difference.

In terms of viewing angle, nothing will match plasma. But I sought this LCD out because its probably as good as it gets for an LCD in the price range. The samsung I had was definitly worse. Just to put things in perspective.
post #2979 of 4021 Old 02-27-2013, 01:50 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevreh View Post

Hi-

I've gone from Panny Plasma to Samsung LCD to this set. In terms of the picture looking a little washed out, of the top my head the settings that will affect that the most/best are Brightness, contrast, backlighting, gamma. Apologize if those terms aren't correct in the tvs settings, been a couple weeks since I tweaked mine. But a few changes with those settings can make a big difference.

In terms of viewing angle, nothing will match plasma. But I sought this LCD out because its probably as good as it gets for an LCD in the price range. The samsung I had was definitly worse. Just to put things in perspective.

I've done a full calibration using professional equipment. I also have a Lumagen XS in the chain. The washed out effect that I'm describing can't be fixed with gamma or any other means. It has to do with the panels ability to display 100% black. Which in this case is a lot brighter than my current plasma.(even with "local dimming" engaged)

All that aside,
I agree for the price, the performance is quite good. (Only problem is the flashlighting)
post #2980 of 4021 Old 02-27-2013, 07:22 PM
Advanced Member

Very fair analysis. Blacks of an LCD just can't match a Plasma. And I have posted before I find the Samsung LCD's to have a little better blacks than LG, let alone plasmas. That said, on it's own it produces a very good picture overall, in the store side by side to other LCD's it easily held it's own, again judging the overall picture.
post #2981 of 4021 Old 02-27-2013, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa8 View Post

Very fair analysis. Blacks of an LCD just can't match a Plasma. And I have posted before I find the Samsung LCD's to have a little better blacks than LG, let alone plasmas. That said, on it's own it produces a very good picture overall, in the store side by side to other LCD's it easily held it's own, again judging the overall picture.

The HX950s blacks exceed even the mighty VT50, so dont be so quick to write off black levels on all LCDs. cool.gif
post #2982 of 4021 Old 02-27-2013, 09:09 PM

Well, I just crossed the 30 day return period today.

I got my 47LM7600 for $849 at BB after they price matched Fry's. I have to say, I don't think I could do any better for my viewing habits at this price, or even higher. I primarily watch cable HDTV and game, although I do watch Blu Rays as well.

I had no idea what the input lag on the panel would be, but figured it was good since this is a modern television. Really glad to see it's in the 34/35ms area. And wow, I can't believe some of those other sets have input lag that's much higher! Very surprising.

It seems like, even going into 2013, there is still no "perfect" television. Some are better than others for gaming, or for movie watching, or for watching live sports, etc. The 7600 seems to be an amazing "overall" choice for people who do a bit of everything.

The only complaint I have is the flashlighting, but that's not even so bad. It's pretty visible in the upper right, but I'll be damned if I can see it on any other corner. What's really weird though, is that sometimes I can see it very visibly, and other times I can't see it at all. No change to settings or source or even ambient lighting. You would think that would be a constant if nothing else changes.

But even if the flashlighting was in more than one corner, I would still be happy for the price I paid. Especially since this model is in the upper end of LG's offerings for 2012.
post #2983 of 4021 Old 02-28-2013, 08:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmay91472 View Post

The HX950s blacks exceed even the mighty VT50, so dont be so quick to write off black levels on all LCDs. cool.gif

You are seriously going to pick one of maybe two or three LCD's that does,all at a very high cost, something like $4,700 to 5,200 price? And according to reviews does not come with any 3D glasses? (Increasing the cost more) rolleyes.gif My comments stand 100%, for virtually all LCD's or ones most anyone is going to buy. There are always an exception to most anything, but you would be very misleading to tell people LCD's have better or as good blacks levels than Plasmas.
The CNET review goes on to say they only recommend it if you do not want Plasma. Yes it has what appears to be a very good picture, but it better at that price.
post #2984 of 4021 Old 02-28-2013, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post

You need to gently press the screen in the lower right and left corners of your tv. you will feel a little snap but it will fix the clouding in the corners and greatly improve your picture.

Please just remove this post outright. It is a confusion with the 60LM7200 and it'll cause someone trouble eventually.

Send this to all your friends! When will this stupidity end? So hysterical: Vertical Video Syndrome --- a PSA.
post #2985 of 4021 Old 02-28-2013, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
New LG 55 LM 7600 all setup. Put in the CNET settings and it looks amazing. 3D ESPN looks good. Once I figured out the setup on my Yamaha receiver all is good. Will post photos soon. Got flu.tongue.gif

LG 55 LM7600, LG BP 620, Yamaha RX-V 677, Direct TV HR24-200, NHT Classic Ten sub, TwoC Center, NHT Classic Three's Mains, NHT IC2 surrounds.
post #2986 of 4021 Old 02-28-2013, 09:58 AM

Question anyone has the Onkyo TX-NR709 AVR with this 55LM7600 ? Turning off the video processor from custom to direct shows better 3D .

Also what is 3D depth & 3D Viewpoint in 3D settings? they seem to do nothing.

RF61ii's
RC42ii
WS24's
RW-10D subwoofer
ONKYO AVR TX NR818
Oppo BDP-103
Cyber Power PFC 1500VA UPS
LG 55in 240hz LED 55LM7600 TV
post #2987 of 4021 Old 02-28-2013, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Noticed while playing netflix on my iphone 5 that it prompts me to play it on either my LG TV (if TV is on) or on the iphone, didn't saw this before.

if I select TV then it launches netflix on LG TV and play the movie, I can then select audio enable/disable subtitles.
post #2988 of 4021 Old 02-28-2013, 10:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Perkins View Post

New LG 55 LM 7600 all setup. Put in the CNET settings and it looks amazing. 3D ESPN looks good. Once I figured out the setup on my Yamaha receiver all is good. Will post photos soon. Got flu.tongue.gif

Those settings are excellent. That's the "new TV" flu?
post #2989 of 4021 Old 02-28-2013, 10:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Perkins View Post

Those settings are excellent. That's the "new TV" flu?
post #2990 of 4021 Old 02-28-2013, 10:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting485 View Post

Noticed while playing netflix on my iphone 5 that it prompts me to play it on either my LG TV (if TV is on) or on the iphone, didn't saw this before.

if I select TV then it launches netflix on LG TV and play the movie, I can then select audio enable/disable subtitles.

Same as Youtube, which I use all the time that way.
post #2991 of 4021 Old 02-28-2013, 12:01 PM

No really do have some kind of flu bug. Sorry.

LG 55 LM7600, LG BP 620, Yamaha RX-V 677, Direct TV HR24-200, NHT Classic Ten sub, TwoC Center, NHT Classic Three's Mains, NHT IC2 surrounds.
post #2992 of 4021 Old 02-28-2013, 02:22 PM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMcCraryNJ View Post

The only complaint I have is the flashlighting, but that's not even so bad. It's pretty visible in the upper right, but I'll be damned if I can see it on any other corner. What's really weird though, is that sometimes I can see it very visibly, and other times I can't see it at all. No change to settings or source or even ambient lighting. You would think that would be a constant if nothing else changes.

Yes, it is strange that it seems to always be in the upper right hand corner (or right side of top edge near corner). I have noticed the amount of flashlighting ebb and return in intensity as well. Agree that it's weird that it can change. I wonder if the quality of the signal is changing? I'm on Comcast.

Speaking of Comcast, I had my fourth cable/DVR box in 6 weeks show the same problems as the others--No Signal output to TV. The (temporary) fix is to reboot the box and then re-activate it. But it's kind of a hassle to have to go through a 15-20 minute start up procedure every time you want to watch TV.

This time instead of me swapping out the box at the Comcast store I had a tech come out. He brought a different, newer model of Scientific Atlanta (Cisco) cable box and after he hooked it up and activated it there was no audio output! Simply incredible. He had to swap it out for another box. So now I've got another Sci-Atlanta 8300 box, my sixth cable box in 7 weeks.
post #2993 of 4021 Old 02-28-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powrwrap View Post

Yes, it is strange that it seems to always be in the upper right hand corner (or right side of top edge near corner). I have noticed the amount of flashlighting ebb and return in intensity as well. Agree that it's weird that it can change. I wonder if the quality of the signal is changing? I'm on Comcast.

Speaking of Comcast, I had my fourth cable/DVR box in 6 weeks show the same problems as the others--No Signal output to TV. The (temporary) fix is to reboot the box and then re-activate it. But it's kind of a hassle to have to go through a 15-20 minute start up procedure every time you want to watch TV.

This time instead of me swapping out the box at the Comcast store I had a tech come out. He brought a different, newer model of Scientific Atlanta (Cisco) cable box and after he hooked it up and activated it there was no audio output! Simply incredible. He had to swap it out for another box. So now I've got another Sci-Atlanta 8300 box, my sixth cable box in 7 weeks.

I'm on Comcast as well, so you might be onto something.

What's funny is I also have an HD DVR and have been having issues with it (but not the ones you're having). Mine just simply refuses to record scheduled recordings. The recording function works, if I hit record, it will record a currently playing program. But if I schedule it, the scheduled recordings just delete themselves. It's so weird. Does it every time, about 15-30 minutes after I schedule the recording. I look at the guide, and the red recording dot isn't in the Program Guide, and it doesn't show up in the list of Scheduled Recordings, even though I verify it after I schedule it.
post #2994 of 4021 Old 02-28-2013, 11:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Does the latest firmware add Amazon? Thanks. SJ
post #2995 of 4021 Old 03-01-2013, 07:16 AM

How serious is the flashlighting issue with this set, should I be looking to purchase a different tv?
post #2996 of 4021 Old 03-01-2013, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I was on Comcast for years, and I think what happened in their case is that they're pushing boxes that designed their HDMI port before the world matured enough. But frankly, in general the comcast STB's I've had in the past have caused no end of trouble, change channels super slowly, dump the sound often until you hit "info", freeze up, etc., etc., and the techs will often just shrug and give their own personal work-arounds saying that it's the way it is. I'm on FIOS now (THANKFULLY!!!: it took forever because my neighborhood has the wires underground), and they have their own set of revision problems, but as far as I can tell, far far far fewer than I ever had with comcast.

post #2997 of 4021 Old 03-01-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMG518 View Post

How serious is the flashlighting issue with this set, should I be looking to purchase a different tv?

The flashlighting varies from set to set and people's tolerance levels vary. Trawl through this massive thread and look for photos of people's screens. Use the advanced search function for this thread.

Should you be looking for a different TV? I've found the combination of internet connectivity, passive 3D, built-in apps, wider viewing angle (for an LCD set), magic remote, and beautiful picture at a decent price is worth seeing a barely noticeable slightly brighter fuzzy edge in the corner of my screen when I flip channels, if I happen to be looking for it.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1399636/official-lg-xxlm7600-owners-thread/840#post_22196600
post #2998 of 4021 Old 03-01-2013, 10:35 AM

I just did the latest update and no Amazon. Would be nice to have.

post #2999 of 4021 Old 03-01-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:

The flashlighting varies from set to set and people's tolerance levels vary. Trawl through this massive thread and look for photos of people's screens. Use the advanced search function for this thread.

Should you be looking for a different TV? I've found the combination of internet connectivity, passive 3D, built-in apps, wider viewing angle (for an LCD set), magic remote, and beautiful picture at a decent price is worth seeing a barely noticeable slightly brighter fuzzy edge in the corner of my screen when I flip channels, if I happen to be looking for it.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1399636/official-lg-xxlm7600-owners-thread/840#post_22196600

Thanks man, appreciate the feedback. I went ahead and bought one. Will be back in a few days looking for picture settings when I have it set up.
post #3000 of 4021 Old 03-01-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMG518 View Post

Thanks man, appreciate the feedback. I went ahead and bought one. Will be back in a few days looking for picture settings when I have it set up.

Great, please give feedback on the set after you get it set up and have lived with it for a while.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Displays , Onkyo Tx Nr609 7 2 Channel Network Thx Certified A V Receiver , Lg Nb3520a Sound Bar Audio System With Wireless Subwoofer Bluetooth Streaming , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page