Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa8 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawk0618 View Post

I described how my setup is, again very simple:
LM860v -> HDMI 1.4, ARC enabled-> LG HX522 Bluray 2.1 system
When watching 3d bluray over the external speakers (aka 2.1 bluray system), I get a sync problem
Watching 3d bluray with the internal TV speakers, everything is fine
2d Bluray over the external speakers is fine
Any suggestions? I enabled ARC
have the latest firmware
Enabled AV sync on the Lm860v with bypass

All no good.

I'm probably missing something, but why is ARC needed to be used in this setup?

His Blu-Ray is actually a combination Blu-Ray/Receiver (with speakers directly attached to it). If the Blu-Ray outputs directly to its own speakers, the sound will arrive before the delayed image. Typical problem usually (if it's equivalent to this, which I believe it is):

BR ---> AMP ---> TV

Well vinnie97, one of the kindest and most helpful and respected members here, was banned for silly reasons. And now vinnie_RIP is banned as well. The mark of an inexperienced moderator is to forget that their role is one of resource, not one of petulant authority and further that the members are doing the forum organization a favor by being here, not the other way around. They know darn well they screwed up here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3242 of 3960 Old 03-20-2013, 07:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I do get why the delay. I just can't seem to get why you have to use ARC, and not just a simple HDMI connection when playing blu-ray, would that speed up the video signal? If his unit has a digital audio connection I would go from the TV to the unit using that for material coming from the TV, such as OTA or APPS.
In addition, perhaps try using GAME mode?
post #3243 of 3960 Old 03-20-2013, 10:35 PM

Liked: 10
Im having issues getting my 7600 to recognize that my external hard drive is connected. The hard drive works fine when connected to my computer. I tried a flash drive on the TV and was able to access that. I can hear the hard drive start to spin when I turn on the TV but when I go through the on screen steps to connect a hard drive it says there is no connected USB storage device. Its a 500gb hard drive. Anyone have any troubleshooting tips? Ive gone through the basics like turning it off and on and unplugging it and plugging it back in.
post #3244 of 3960 Old 03-21-2013, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Just received my 55lm7600 yesterday and it has bad flashlighting issues. So my question is do I exchange for another one and hope for the best or get a 60pm6700 plasma that is on sale for $889 and not go through the headache of flashlighing stress!

Anyone have opions on this. Would love to know if the plasma picture on that TV can compare with the lm7600. The picture on the TV is amazing, which I knew if the pm6700 plasma can also give such an amazing picture.
post #3245 of 3960 Old 03-21-2013, 10:26 AM

Liked: 15
I am going through that same thing. This TV is 90 percent great. Maybe I am getting used to it. Has anyone had luck setting up Plex to use DLNA with the 7600? I have an I Mac. Thanks

LG 55 LM7600, LG BP 620, Yamaha RX-V 677, Direct TV HR24-200, NHT Classic Ten sub, TwoC Center, NHT Classic Three's Mains, NHT IC2 surrounds.
post #3246 of 3960 Old 03-21-2013, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Perkins View Post

I am going through that same thing. This TV is 90 percent great. Maybe I am getting used to it. Has anyone had luck setting up Plex to use DLNA with the 7600? I have an I Mac. Thanks
At the money this TV costs, it is a shame to not be able to watch anything with dark scenes. All you do is stare at every bright spot and it takes away from anything you are watching. I am having them send me another one and hopefully it will be better. I have a 55lm6700 that was pretty close to perfect but went with the 7600 because I got it for $25 more. Figured it was a no brainer at that point but I cannot enjoy it with terrible bright spots.

I also just ordered the 60" Plasma from eBay via Newegg. It is a 30 day money back gaurantee and they pay return shipping. If the plasma picture comes close to this TV I will probably just stick with that. If the next LED I receive is pretty perfect then it might be a tough decision. Although I am thinking 1 in every few hundred does not have light bleed and I already had one of those hundred with the 6700. lol

Also, will need to see about reflections on the plasma. I can say the lm7600 is pretty terrible with reflections. It is like looking in a mirror in the daytime so cannot imagine how much worse a plasma can be.
post #3247 of 3960 Old 03-21-2013, 08:08 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

Just received my 55lm7600 yesterday and it has bad flashlighting issues. So my question is do I exchange for another one and hope for the best or get a 60pm6700 plasma that is on sale for $889 and not go through the headache of flashlighing stress!

Anyone have opions on this. Would love to know if the plasma picture on that TV can compare with the lm7600. The picture on the TV is amazing, which I knew if the pm6700 plasma can also give such an amazing picture.

Exchange it......took me two times, third is good.
If the second is crap....maybe buy the plasma and compare the two...take the worst back
post #3248 of 3960 Old 03-21-2013, 08:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

Unfortunately, it is a big crap-shoot on the panel lottery game. With that said, I went through 2 bad, actually horrible, flash lighting panels. The first set was a 6700 that I traded up for the 7600, which had worse issues than the first. It was very distracting with letter-box movies and standard definition shows. I had a light bleed on the top that really was irritating.

My present set does have mild bleed, but I consider myself lucky and happy I took the gamble. I can finally enjoy the TV.

I mentioned in an earlier post about the hard time Best Buy gave me about the exchange (well within my return window.). Well I called the 800 Silver Rewards line and told them and they gave me a $10 certificate for my bad customer service experience.
post #3249 of 3960 Old 03-22-2013, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Perkins View Post

Ive had luck using plex. It was pretty easy to set up and get all the files in. I watched a movie that was supposedly 720p quality and it looked absolutely great on the tv and there are a lot of devices on the router in my house so its usually not very reliable. I havent tried it when working with an external however. It might be the only way I can get it to work. Still no luck getting the TV to recognize my hard drive directly. Im on a mac as well.
post #3250 of 3960 Old 03-22-2013, 04:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klopez3709 View Post

Unfortunately, it is a big crap-shoot on the panel lottery game. With that said, I went through 2 bad, actually horrible, flash lighting panels. The first set was a 6700 that I traded up for the 7600, which had worse issues than the first. It was very distracting with letter-box movies and standard definition shows. I had a light bleed on the top that really was irritating.

My present set does have mild bleed, but I consider myself lucky and happy I took the gamble. I can finally enjoy the TV.

I mentioned in an earlier post about the hard time Best Buy gave me about the exchange (well within my return window.). Well I called the 800 Silver Rewards line and told them and they gave me a $10 certificate for my bad customer service experience.
Well I have an exchange coming next week and keeping my fingers crossed. In my hunt for my next TV I have been through a 47lm4600, 55lm4600, 55lm6400, 55lm6700 and most recently a 55lm7600. Unfortunately the best model so far has had the largest flashlighting issue. Everything else about this TV is spectacular. As long as I can get a good panel I believe I can finally stop looking for a TV and just sit back and enjoy watching it. lol

I do have the 60" LG plasma also being delivered next week just to check it out but I cannot imagine a picture better then the 55lm7600. My wife who could not care less about the TV and at this point really just wants to kill me, would just say it's a TV and the picture is nice on them. But last night out of no where her words on the 7600 were, this picture is sick.
post #3251 of 3960 Old 03-22-2013, 07:04 AM

Liked: 12
Hummm, ok I'm an old dude (62). Is "sick" the same as "baad" was in my generation, dude?
post #3252 of 3960 Old 03-22-2013, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flhthemi View Post

Hummm, ok I'm an old dude (62). Is "sick" the same as "baad" was in my generation, dude?
Lol, yeah. It is baaaad a!!
post #3253 of 3960 Old 03-22-2013, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

I'll post what I did in the LM8600 forum.

If you're irritated by LG PQ, pay attention to my 2013 Sony R550A and W802A Threads. FAR TOO MANY LINKS TO POST HERE.

Quickly though, the first review is out for the (low-tier) 550. IF it's accurate (no, I'm not naive about the TVs reviewers are handed, nor in believing their abilities):

(50" / 60" / 70" avail)
(no local dimming, but.......)
Anti-reflective coating / passive 3d / inky black top and bottom bars / 120Hz with Sonys version of their pulsed 240Hz thing. Note, a LOT of concern about the 7600/8600 possibly NOT being true 240Hz either. Besides, I like the pulse technology: search the research threads on the blur from sample-and-hold technology elsewhere in avsforum if you don't understand why.

The 802 line puts in the "Dynamic Edge LED backlight" (is this local dimming spelled out in reverse?) technology, etc. (47" / 55" avail.)

I've been following the LG line carefully forever. I am waiting to see how the 2013 Sonys hold up.

Well vinnie97, one of the kindest and most helpful and respected members here, was banned for silly reasons. And now vinnie_RIP is banned as well. The mark of an inexperienced moderator is to forget that their role is one of resource, not one of petulant authority and further that the members are doing the forum organization a favor by being here, not the other way around. They know darn well they screwed up here.
post #3254 of 3960 Old 03-22-2013, 12:09 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauber103 View Post

Ive had luck using plex. It was pretty easy to set up and get all the files in. I watched a movie that was supposedly 720p quality and it looked absolutely great on the tv and there are a lot of devices on the router in my house so its usually not very reliable. I havent tried it when working with an external however. It might be the only way I can get it to work. Still no luck getting the TV to recognize my hard drive directly. Im on a mac as well.
I must of not set it up correctly. I removed Plex, I will start over when I get time.

LG 55 LM7600, LG BP 620, Yamaha RX-V 677, Direct TV HR24-200, NHT Classic Ten sub, TwoC Center, NHT Classic Three's Mains, NHT IC2 surrounds.
post #3255 of 3960 Old 03-22-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Delroy View Post

I am wondering if its not LGs fault but the iphone, as in Apple and its 'special'software not allowing it without of course going and buying the Apple TV?

Maybe I should try a friends Samsung.

I can confirm that my Galaxy S3 worked right out of the box for this feature. My wife accidentally put a photo on the screen while I was playing around with it the first day we got it. It actually scared the crap out of me because I didn't understand how it happened. She was actually downstairs at the time, so I when I called her to tell her what she was looking at on her phone, it freaked her out too. It's a pretty neat feature, especially for throwing a youtube vid up on the screen for all to see.
post #3256 of 3960 Old 03-22-2013, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musykman View Post

I can confirm that my Galaxy S3 worked right out of the box for this feature. My wife accidentally put a photo on the screen while I was playing around with it the first day we got it. It actually scared the crap out of me because I didn't understand how it happened. She was actually downstairs at the time, so I when I called her to tell her what she was looking at on her phone, it freaked her out too. It's a pretty neat feature, especially for throwing a youtube vid up on the screen for all to see.
Are you able to actually mirror the phone and not just show videos and pictures with your S3? If so, how do you do it?
post #3257 of 3960 Old 03-22-2013, 09:49 PM

Quote:

Are you able to actually mirror the phone and not just show videos and pictures with your S3? If so, how do you do it?

No I could not figure out how to "mirror" the phone. I was able to send all media to the TV from the phone. I was able to play both music and movies through the phones built in google play app. I could also play picture gallery through the phones built in pic gallery. I was also able to play youtube videos as stated earlier. If mirroring a mobile device is a feature this set has, then it must be for lg mobile devices. I still enjoy the functionality that currently has with my phone. Media is the main thing I would be interested in sharing with a TV anyway. Other than cool factor, I don't seeing my phones home screen on my TV would be of much benefit.
post #3258 of 3960 Old 03-23-2013, 04:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musykman View Post

No I could not figure out how to "mirror" the phone. I was able to send all media to the TV from the phone. I was able to play both music and movies through the phones built in google play app. I could also play picture gallery through the phones built in pic gallery. I was also able to play youtube videos as stated earlier. If mirroring a mobile device is a feature this set has, then it must be for lg mobile devices. I still enjoy the functionality that currently has with my phone. Media is the main thing I would be interested in sharing with a TV anyway. Other than cool factor, I don't seeing my phones home screen on my TV would be of much benefit.
For apps like HBO Go, Showtime or any streaming services that requires flash mirroring the device would be great.
post #3259 of 3960 Old 03-23-2013, 07:06 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 39
For those apps the advantage is minimal at best. Not many are going to stream HBOGO from their phone over 3G/4g/Lte etc.... they would do it using wifi in the home. That being the case I would MUCH rather use a very inexpensive device such as Rouku for that.. It has a great interface for APPS, and most importantly, it then gives an easy way to get the sound to your audio receiver, something most probably posting here do. For short duration material such as Youtube being able to get it from the phone to the TV is great, especially because I don't like the interface the LG TV app has.

One other thing, before I would stream HBOGO from my phone to my TV I would consider using HDMI from my laptop first, again if I didn't have a Roku. Sometimes these things have a more "this is neat factor" than an actual real world use.
post #3260 of 3960 Old 03-23-2013, 10:21 AM

Who known's if this TV (55LM7600) is able to be controlled via LAN/IP from a computer? I know a lot of Samsung TV's are but i am unsure if this TV can since i cant seem to find anything on remote IP control.

I've seen a few LG branded Apps for the android but not sure if that means its controllable via IP or not.

Thanks.
post #3261 of 3960 Old 03-24-2013, 04:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
I just got Plex Media Server and Medialink up and running, but have a couple of questions:

1. Is there an IR code for the Medialink app, so that Is you can setup a Harmony activity to go directly to the medialink app?

2. Is there anyway to use my display settings on other inputs while watching content via Medialink. I can't seem to turn off the frame interpolation.

XBL GT: DMBFiredancer
post #3262 of 3960 Old 03-24-2013, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

The way that devices and apps even as simple as Windows Media Player are DLNA-identifying each other automatically, make me wonder how many times a TV slide show has accidentally wandered into their teenager's porn collection during a party.

post #3263 of 3960 Old 03-24-2013, 11:20 AM

I installed the new firmware today (04.34.01). I can't see any major differences/features except that there is a Pandora app offered in the LG Smart World section on the home page. Maybe I've just never noticed it before. LG Smart World apps require an LG membership, which I've never done because most of the apps there look pretty low quality. I wish the Pandora app were grouped with in the Premium section (no membership) instead, like netfix, hulu, etc.
post #3264 of 3960 Old 03-24-2013, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Still no Amazon app?
post #3265 of 3960 Old 03-24-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opped View Post

I installed the new firmware today (04.34.01). I can't see any major differences/features except that there is a Pandora app offered in the LG Smart World section on the home page. Maybe I've just never noticed it before. LG Smart World apps require an LG membership, which I've never done because most of the apps there look pretty low quality. I wish the Pandora app were grouped with in the Premium section (no membership) instead, like netfix, hulu, etc.

Acording to LG's site this Firmware only affects SKYPE. That bites. There a scads of other things messed up and they update the Skype app??? Duh....
post #3266 of 3960 Old 03-24-2013, 04:21 PM
AVS Special Member

FWIW, if you're looking for a 7600, the 60" 7200 (all the same specs, except that people seem to be able to solve the flashlighting problem by pressing on the screen corners) is on sale now at BB for $1299.

That's effectively a 60" 7600. Slightly different bezel.

Unfortuantely, it seems to have the same other troublesome yada yada too though.

post #3267 of 3960 Old 03-24-2013, 04:24 PM

Hello fellow LG xxLM7600 owners, I need your help.

I have a 2 week old 47LM7600 TV that appears to be working fine; however, the "Picture Test" and "3D Picture Test" fail with pink/purple vertical bars at seemingly random times. I called LG support and was directed to reset the TV to the Initial Settings. I did so, then re-ran the tests and the tests passed; however, a few minutes later the tests failed and passed again at random times.

Is this behavior indicative of a HW failure or is it a likley SW glitch? If a probable HW failure I would like to know immediately so I can exchange my TV for a replacement within the store's (Newegg) 30 day return policy time window rather than deal with warranty repair service. Or perhaps would you recommended just going with LG's repair person route rather than playing the panel lottery?

Thank you!
post #3268 of 3960 Old 03-24-2013, 05:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmagic1 View Post

I have a 2 week old 47LM7600 TV that appears to be working fine; however, the "Picture Test" and "3D Picture Test" fail with pink/purple vertical bars at seemingly random times. I called LG support and was directed to reset the TV to the Initial Settings. I did so, then re-ran the tests and the tests passed; however, a few minutes later the tests failed and passed again at random times. Does this make sense? I hope so...don't want to gets flamed. smile.gif

Is this behavior indicative of a HW failure or is it a likley SW glitch? If a probable HW failure I would like to know immediately so I can exchange my TV for a replacement within the store's (Newegg) 30 day return policy time window rather than deal with warranty repair service. Or perhaps would you recommended just going with LG's repair person route rather than playing the panel lottery?

Thank you!
Had the same thing happen to me when I did the test while watching a Blu-Ray. Called support and by that time my screen saver came on (The LG logo) - ran the 2 tests again and it worked. Try the tests on an empty input and see if they work. In fact I ran them again today and had no problem. Initially I had those funky pink stripes.
rcmagic1 likes this.
post #3269 of 3960 Old 03-24-2013, 06:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmagic1 View Post

I have a 2 week old 47LM7600 TV that appears to be working fine; however, the "Picture Test" and "3D Picture Test" fail with pink/purple vertical bars at seemingly random times. I called LG support and was directed to reset the TV to the Initial Settings. I did so, then re-ran the tests and the tests passed; however, a few minutes later the tests failed and passed again at random times.

Thank you!
I have had that happen with the picture wizard where the picture wouldn't show up and it was just lines. Just had to exit out and start it again. Thinking it is just a software issue.
rcmagic1 likes this.
post #3270 of 3960 Old 03-24-2013, 06:27 PM

Liked: 11
Obviously a lot of these in the previous 110 pages odd, but for anyone joining in late and checking last pages that wants an updated review on the "latest build" LM7600's, has anything changed in their manufacturing that gets around some of the issues highlighted earlier? read on....
Just 3 weeks ago I purchased a new 55LM7600 (October 2012 build). Firstly updated firmware to the latest (cannot remember rev no. but whatever the lastest was in early March 2013). Did a quick calibration using the LCD buying guide calibration settings. I found these better than the CNET for my eyes and environment.
First impressions on power up noticed some spotlighting on right edge (2 separate spots around middle height and slight top left (but not as focused as the right edge spots).
Very noticeable on transition and smart TV screens but not so noticeable on regular TV viewing. Seemed to improve over the 2 wks to becoming hardly visible, was pretty happy with this. Then had to remove power to the TV for a day after doing some re-setup of new home theatre system.
When reconnecting power that night, the first power up, I noticed the very vivid spotlighting in same spots as originally, and back to a very vivid state. Was a bit dismayed as thought things had improved, hoped they would die down quickly, but after 1 wk still have it, seems a little better but now bottom right has a soft glow which I'm sure wasn't there before. So watching movie last night I have this right edge and bottom right glow that was really starting to frustrate me. Rrrr these panels teetering on being excellent but seems to be let down by these flaws. Personally I would rather have a wider bezel or pay higher price for more sturdy internals if it meant no spot lighting and prevented this inconsistent "panel lottery" outcome. It really is lower quality than a big name company should be striving for in my mind.
The weird thing is, I can watch in a light-to slightly darkened room a blu ray and be blown away with picture quality, blacks look outstanding in these conditions, 3-D is sensational and 90% of the time I really like the TV. Just bugs me when I see the spotlighting when watching in a darkened room it is distracting.
It does have some banding and again frustratingly this is actually worse when turning the local dimming up to Med which I sometimes feel necessary to lessen the spotlighting. Overall I could put up with its banding, if I could just get rid of the spotlighting. Hoping it will fade away like others have said, and I did see this to an extent already "first time" it was powered up.
Anyone know why LG insist on blasting their high bright, vivid type settings in transitions and menus?, all it does is bring attention to the spotlighting, almost embarrassed to go into some modes with people around, because they may see it for the first time and bring their attention to it. Why couldn't they just have your calibrated settings in every menu/transition? Anyway, has turned into spotlighting rant sorry, but it is a little frustrating for me. The other TV features, smart TV is average, haven't used a lot, but I did have it freeze in youtube apps running on WiFi (good bandwidth). PVR works OK, but annoyingly you can't use any Expert ISF setting saved in calibration, you can choose an option like standard, and adjust a few basic settings. Basically watching anything back on the PVR is a little ugly to watch (when your used to watching your perfect ISF adjusted picture setting).
Gaming on 360- I followed advise on here and labelled as PC and found no lag, works well. PC label gives you some basic calibration setting to get an OK picture.
I have not tested the dual play feature with glasses yet, will report back on this. Anyway overall some disappointments but also had some amazing viewing experiences with 3D blu rays in the right conditions. 10/10 for those, unfortunately the viewing experience changes with the ambient light from amazing to a bit frustrating. But looking at other reviews for alternative sets out their nothings perfect, even more expensive offerings from Samsung and Sony seem plagued with the usual LED issues.
To my eyes, and I did a lot of auditioning in stores for all brands, LG had the cleanest most refined picture, and LM7600 giving best bang for buck.
All above just my opinion of course.
tgm1024 likes this.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Displays , Onkyo Tx Nr609 7 2 Channel Network Thx Certified A V Receiver , Lg Nb3520a Sound Bar Audio System With Wireless Subwoofer Bluetooth Streaming , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page