Official LG XXLM7600 Owners Thread... - Page 112 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3331 of 4007 Old 04-06-2013, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Strange I 55LM7600 calibration settings from cnet are only for 2D?

When I watch 3D my settings are not there

Do I have to do cnets settings twice ?

BTW new firmware out again v04.20.25 http://www.lg.com/hk_en/support-product/lg-55LM7600

RF61ii's
RC42ii
WS24's
RW-10D subwoofer
ONKYO AVR TX NR818
Oppo BDP-103
Cyber Power PFC 1500VA UPS
LG 55in 240hz LED 55LM7600 TV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3332 of 4007 Old 04-07-2013, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

I'm looking for discreet ir codes for the 7600. Especially the discreet codes for power and inputs. Has anybody located them?

Bob
post #3333 of 4007 Old 04-07-2013, 10:21 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglePC View Post

Strange I 55LM7600 calibration settings from cnet are only for 2D?

When I watch 3D my settings are not there

Do I have to do cnets settings twice ?

BTW new firmware out again v04.20.25 http://www.lg.com/hk_en/support-product/lg-55LM7600

Yes, those are only good for TV, Bly ray.

LG 55 LM7600, LG BP 620, Yamaha RX-V 677, Direct TV HR24-200, NHT Classic Ten sub, TwoC Center, NHT Classic Three's Mains, NHT IC2 surrounds.
post #3334 of 4007 Old 04-07-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Perkins View Post

Yes, those are only good for TV, Bly ray.

Thanks. What settings for 3D just default setting STANDARD ?

BTW - Why is it when true motion is ON for 3D movies they look more exciting and effective ?

RF61ii's
RC42ii
WS24's
RW-10D subwoofer
ONKYO AVR TX NR818
Oppo BDP-103
post #3335 of 4007 Old 04-07-2013, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Picked up the 55LM7600 today from Frys on clearance pricing. Very excited to set up!
post #3336 of 4007 Old 04-08-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkbar911 View Post

Picked up the 55LM7600 today from Frys on clearance pricing. Very excited to set up!

Hope all goes well.

LG 55 LM7600, LG BP 620, Yamaha RX-V 677, Direct TV HR24-200, NHT Classic Ten sub, TwoC Center, NHT Classic Three's Mains, NHT IC2 surrounds.
post #3337 of 4007 Old 04-08-2013, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 103
I have had my LM7600 going on 1 month and I am loving this set. I am a huge plasma fan, but love the gaming performance of my LG. The black levels aren't quite plasma level, but the are nothing to scoff at. Have put some settings together from various sources across the internet and come up with some good film and gaming settings,

HDMI 1:Labeled "game"
Expert 1
Backlight: 57
Contrast: 80
Brightness: 50
H Sharpness: 25
V Sharpness: 25
Color: 50
Tint: 0

Expert Control:
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Super Resolution: Off
Color Gamut: BT709
Edge Enhancer: Off
Color Filter: Off
Gamma: 2.2

White Balance:
Color Temperature: Medium (Warm was a little Yellow/Orange for my taste)
Method: 20 Point IRE (See Settings Below)
Pattern: Outer
Luminance: 130

IRE Settings:

IRE Value: Red, Green, Blue

100: 12,21,9
95: 50,50,40
90: 50,50,37
85: 42,22,32
80: 34,18,36
75: 40,20,42
70: 50,30,50
65: 50,34,46
60: 29,18,24
55: 24,11,26
50: 22,4,18
45: 24,12,22
40: 20,9,20
35: 18,10,18
30: 15,7,14
25: 4,0,4
20: 2,-1,2
15: 2,2,4
10: 10,8,2
5: -3,4,-16

Color Management System Settings:

Color: Saturation, Tint, Luminance

Red:1,5,2
Green:3,6,0
Blue:-10,-8,2
Cyan: 3,8,1
Magenta: -3,0,0
Yellow:-2,-1,0

Picture Option:
Noise Reduction: Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Black Level: Low
Real Cinema: On
LED Local Dimming: Medium
TruMotion: Off or User De-judder:0 and De-blur:10

Aspect Ration: Just Scan

Let me know how you think of these settings.
post #3338 of 4007 Old 04-08-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglePC View Post

Thanks. What settings for 3D just default setting STANDARD ?

BTW - Why is it when true motion is ON for 3D movies they look more exciting and effective ?

I'd suggest tweaking either the game setting or using the same isf expert settings you use for 3D.

Note that if you use the game setting, you will not be able to use trumotion.

If you use the isf expert settings, then don't use de-judder for 3D gaming. de-blur works great (i keep mine at 10), but any de-judder settings above 0 when gaming will cause ghosting or trails in my experience. while playing just about any fps game, if you stand still and spin in a circle, you'll likely see the aiming reticle begin to trail or ghost itself. spin in a circle and begin adjusting the de-judder from 0... if it's like my set, then as soon as you touch it to 1 or more, you'll start to see the aiming reticle double or triple up. it can be distracting or irritating while gaming. de-judder at 0 does not give me this effect.

actually, this applies to both 2D and 3D gaming for me.
post #3339 of 4007 Old 04-08-2013, 12:34 PM

i'm not sure if anyone has touched on this here, but what exactly does the "super resolution" setting do? i set mine to "ON", but i honestly don't see a difference in picture quality when i flip it on and off.

just curious about this.
post #3340 of 4007 Old 04-08-2013, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 689 Post(s)
Liked: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by koidragon1980 View Post

i'm not sure if anyone has touched on this here, but what exactly does the "super resolution" setting do? i set mine to "ON", but i honestly don't see a difference in picture quality when i flip it on and off.

just curious about this.

http://news.cnet.com/8300-5_3-0.html?keyword=Super+Resolution

Java developers, when I saw what has been placed into Java 8 I was immediately reminded of how I've spent so much of my life trying to protect engineers from themselves. Lambda expressions are a horrible idea. Gentlemen: the goal isn't to make code readable for a competent mid-level engineer. The goal is to make code readable for a competent mid-level engineer exhausted and hopped up on caffeine at 3 am. What a disaster Java 8 is!
post #3341 of 4007 Old 04-08-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

Totally agree and if it wasn't for this site I would have had no clue that a TV should do this. My first LED TV I got home I obviously thought was defective until reading about the actual TV. Then the more I got involved in this the more I learned.

I must say I am totally surprised any company would release a product that sells for so much that has an issue like this. I would think these companies would have said this technology is not ready for retail and keep working on something else that would eventually be affordable without the the light issues that plague LED TVs. This is an issue that in fact effects an actual picture while you are watching a show with any dark picture and not just a black screen.

It just boggles my mind that we have accepted this crap we are being sold and it has become the technology of choice by most people right now.

I couldn't agree more on this. I posted previously I was going to keep hold of the TV despite the bleeding issues, but just recently its started driving me crazy. I see it coming up at night now, every TV channel change or input makes itself glaringly obvious. Also embarrassed with people round show them a cool 3D movie and then turn it off I know they'll see the spotlighting on the black transition screen and then worried they'll notice after that.
Watched "The Avengers 3D" being 1.78:1 it runs at full screen without bars, one scene in particular with close up behind characters head and torso on right side of screen I could see the side and bottom right (which seems to have developed worse over the past month, rather than disappearing like some people find) spotlight areas on screen and intrude on my picture, very annoying.
So I have backtracked on my original decision, now that its negatively affecting my actual TV viewing and despite the fact I could end up with worse, have contacted support to try and change this TV. At the end of the day these spotlighting issues are affecting me and for the cost of the TV I'm finding them unacceptable.
Some say it is inherent of the technology, which of course it is, but given they can make 90% of the TV reasonable and 10% to 20% trouble bright patches, and also good and bad TVs they must know what is causing the problems. I know factory LEDs do not deviate this much in batches, it seems to be in the construction and light guides fitting to the LEDs. Therefore it can be rectified at factory!
If it is transit, stresses problem then the design needs to be more robust therefore rectified at factory!
Agree with another comment on here about dropping smart features and paying for a decent display. The smart features and apps to be honest are pretty crap, If they invested their R&D in getting screen uniformity and rid of banding they would dominate the market. At the end of the day the 7600 is not a budget TV and the quality out of the factory should be better.
Was so hopeful after the good stories on here about people with perfect panels and bleeding fading with time, mine seems to have gotten worse. arrrggghhh Depending on outcome of LG support, I will take another step in the "panel lottery"
post #3342 of 4007 Old 04-08-2013, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT3010 View Post

I couldn't agree more on this. I posted previously I was going to keep hold of the TV despite the bleeding issues, but just recently its started driving me crazy. I see it coming up at night now, every TV channel change or input makes itself glaringly obvious. Also embarrassed with people round show them a cool 3D movie and then turn it off I know they'll see the spotlighting on the black transition screen and then worried they'll notice after that.
Watched "The Avengers 3D" being 1.78:1 it runs at full screen without bars, one scene in particular with close up behind characters head and torso on right side of screen I could see the side and bottom right (which seems to have developed worse over the past month, rather than disappearing like some people find) spotlight areas on screen and intrude on my picture, very annoying.
So I have backtracked on my original decision, now that its negatively affecting my actual TV viewing and despite the fact I could end up with worse, have contacted support to try and change this TV. At the end of the day these spotlighting issues are affecting me and for the cost of the TV I'm finding them unacceptable.
Some say it is inherent of the technology, which of course it is, but given they can make 90% of the TV reasonable and 10% to 20% trouble bright patches, and also good and bad TVs they must know what is causing the problems. I know factory LEDs do not deviate this much in batches, it seems to be in the construction and light guides fitting to the LEDs. Therefore it can be rectified at factory!
If it is transit, stresses problem then the design needs to be more robust therefore rectified at factory!
Agree with another comment on here about dropping smart features and paying for a decent display. The smart features and apps to be honest are pretty crap, If they invested their R&D in getting screen uniformity and rid of banding they would dominate the market. At the end of the day the 7600 is not a budget TV and the quality out of the factory should be better.
Was so hopeful after the good stories on here about people with perfect panels and bleeding fading with time, mine seems to have gotten worse. arrrggghhh Depending on outcome of LG support, I will take another step in the "panel lottery"

What settings are you currently using? Have you employed local dimming? If it weren't to much trouble could you take pics with and w/o dimming engaged. While on the start up screen I have upper left corner bleed and some spotlighting on the right side of the display. I have found with a mixture of lowering the backlight, setting local dimming on medium(less banding) and High (3D) and I know most frown upon Eco mode. I have it set to Minimum and have seen little in the way of light bleed between screen transitions. AVS and ************** are my go to sites and I have learned so much as well. I am mildly OCD and have to have all info on how something should function before and after buying something. I had to learn to let certain things go or my OCD would ruin any pleasure I would derive from this set in particular.
I am historically a CRT/Plasma man myself, but as a gamer I had to go with LCD for console gaming. Since currently consoles are locked at 30fps plasma and CRT suffer from really bad judder and shuttering during camera movement and static HUD's have been the bane of plasma fans existence.
I agree that more needs to be spent on R&D and figuring out the light bleed issues. The culprit is the demand for thinner displays which also means all the parts inside that make the beautiful picture are creating the hotspots (flashlighting). Whether it be more or stronger LED's to help with light distribution and thicker displays or heat shields for the rear of the screen something can be done.
post #3343 of 4007 Old 04-08-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Shankenstein View Post

What settings are you currently using? Have you employed local dimming? If it weren't to much trouble could you take pics with and w/o dimming engaged. While on the start up screen I have upper left corner bleed and some spotlighting on the right side of the display. I have found with a mixture of lowering the backlight, setting local dimming on medium(less banding) and High (3D) and I know most frown upon Eco mode. I have it set to Minimum at the and have seen little in the way of light bleed between screen transitions. AVS and ************** are my to to sites and I have learned so much as well. I am mildly OCD and have to have all info on how something should function before and after buying something. I had to learn to let certain things go or my OCD would ruin any pleasure I would derive from this set in particular.
I am historically a CRT/Plasma man myself, but as a gamer I had to go with LCD for console gaming. Since currently consoles are locked at 30fps plasma and CRT suffer from really bad judder and shuttering during camera movement. Static HUD's have been the bane of plasma fans existence.
I agree that more needs to be spent on R&D and figuring out the light bleed issues. The culprit is the demand for thinner displays also means all the parts inside that make the beautiful are creating the hotspots (flashlighting). Whether it be more or stronger LED's to help with light distribution and thicker displays or heat shields for the rear of the screen something can be done.

I have used various online picture calibration settings including flatpanelshd settings and cnet, plus own using picture wizard and then tinkering with those settings to try and minimise the bleed. Most of these settings have B/L at 40-50 range, contrast 80-90 and Brightness around 50 so not running vivid or 100 B/L or anything crazy, in fact most of my settings lately have been attempt to lower the backlight bleed at expense of the picture. ie making it overly dim which is disappointing as it can produce a great picture (when the ambient light is high enough and source material doesn't exploit the crappy LEDs.

With any of these regular settings, I have played with local dimming, low, med and the high setting of course blocks the bleed most but certainly affects picture quality, most of the time I have it at medium which is compromise for reasonable picture and some degree of back light blocking.
Here you can see the side LED and bottom bright spots which are driving me the most crazy right now, the upper left and right are big clouds which look shocking but they are more dispearsed and actually show up less in pictures than the side ones (middle right and bottom right) which are pissing me off. Will try and post picture below. Hope it works..

post #3344 of 4007 Old 04-08-2013, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have used various online picture calibration settings including flatpanelshd settings and cnet, plus own using picture wizard and then tinkering with those settings to try and minimise the bleed. Most of these settings have B/L at 40-50 range, contrast 80-90 and Brightness around 50 so not running vivid or 100 B/L or anything crazy, in fact most of my settings lately have been attempt to lower the backlight bleed at expense of the picture. ie making it overly dim which is disappointing as it can produce a great picture (when the ambient light is high enough and source material doesn't exploit the crappy LEDs.

With any of these regular settings, I have played with local dimming, low, med and the high setting of course blocks the bleed most but certainly affects picture quality, most of the time I have it at medium which is compromise for reasonable picture and some degree of back light blocking.
Here you can see the side LED and bottom bright spots which are driving me the most crazy right now, the upper left and right are big clouds which look shocking but they are more dispearsed and actually show up less in pictures than the side ones (middle right and bottom right) which are pissing me off. Will try and post picture below. Hope it works..

Here is a pic with local dimming off and medium w/bias and w/o bias.

Medium w/bias light

Medium:Mostly left

Don't mind the clutter in the middle of moving. I am using the Disney WOW expert Purity slides to illustrate the bleed.
off:
post #3345 of 4007 Old 04-09-2013, 01:11 PM

Are your film settings same as these game settings?
post #3346 of 4007 Old 04-09-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleisthenewtan View Post

Are your film settings same as these game settings?

Dr. Shankenstein, I mean
post #3347 of 4007 Old 04-09-2013, 05:02 PM

Ok really annoyed now. LG "support" have said its a part of the technology to make it all thin and nice and the spotlighting can be minimised with local dimming and the settings.
I specifically told them on the "support" message that I was running with calibrated settings and local dimming switched on, even at high its still present.
Watched a normal 2D bluray last night (have been watching a lot of 3D so that has actually helped) with the slight dimming the glasses do. But was pretty disgusted at the picture actually, the right side and right bottom were visible in many scenes and the large left top cloud that I didn't think was such a problem, without glasses is terrible! It lightens a large patch of the upper left including the black bar, which wouldn't worry me, given its not the actual picture, but you can see the light "creeping" is the only way I can describe it. i.e the LED is of course is not constant output, depending on the scene you can see it wavering almost like a black and white fire which is very distracting.
Also if the dimming actually worked as designed, shouldn't the presence of the black picture bars mean the LED is dimmed in this area? I shouldn't see a bright white LED pulsing through a black bar.
I am going to call LG "support" tonight, and going to fight their ******** response. If every TV they sold had it to the same level and in the same spots I would accept it, but given theres sets with far less bleed than mine and some say none at all, exist out there. Why should I accept that my sub par picture is acceptable? There product is not living up to the product description or what I saw in the shop. I paid good money for it. Will let you know the outcome of the phone call.

Shankenstein are you happy with your bleed situation?
post #3348 of 4007 Old 04-10-2013, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleisthenewtan View Post

Dr. Shankenstein, I mean

I also employ a LED bias light set-up on my TV which on the LG increases the perceived Contrast and overall image quality in a dark environment/nightime viewing. You can actually pic up the kits at Lowes and "Big" home improvement stores.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_406058-3-72350_0__?productId=3881681&cm_mmc=SCE_PLA-_-LightingCeilingFans-_-CabinetLighting-_-3881681&CAWELAID=1594432133&kpid=3881681+&%22cagpspn=pla%22
I bumped the backlight :60
Contrast:85
Brightness:52
This only because the naturally dim 3D and the glasses tend to take away from the "Pop" of the overall image. I haven't messed with image depth because it tended to cause crosstalk in background. Although foreground images seem to improve at the expense higher background crosstalk. I would also recommend using the trumotion feature on "smooth" makes for a very clean 3D experience.
post #3349 of 4007 Old 04-10-2013, 06:55 AM
vij

Guys, with the LG LM 7600 I am unable to save 2 presets. I mean I can only save to Expert 1 and NOT Expert 2. Is this normal ?
post #3350 of 4007 Old 04-10-2013, 07:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Probably wouldn't have Expert 2 if you couldn't use it! With so little info hard to answer. Taking a guess -when you use the built-in calibration system it only saves to one Expert? That is how that works. The other Expert settings are done manually. If there is no way at all to save anything in Expert 2 then you have a problem.
post #3351 of 4007 Old 04-10-2013, 07:21 AM

TV/Blu-ray Cnet settings

3D is awesome using Cinema with TruMotion: User De-judder:0 and De-blur:10 3D Depth: +15 Viewpoint: Default

Games Unknown don't play Games

This was just a word of mouth from a LG tech guy I phoned - He sounded like he knows his stuff that I can relate too.biggrin.gif

RF61ii's
RC42ii
WS24's
RW-10D subwoofer
ONKYO AVR TX NR818
Oppo BDP-103
post #3352 of 4007 Old 04-10-2013, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Also if the dimming actually worked as designed, shouldn't the presence of the black picture bars mean the LED is dimmed in this area? I shouldn't see a bright white LED pulsing through a black bar.

LG is full of @#$% and it shouldn't be bleeding, but to answer your question, the presence of the black bars (even if locally dimmed) doesn't mean that it can't bleed. Remember, the lights on the edges are for the WHOLE display. As an example, when they're lighting up the middle of the movie, the light guides could be misaligned enough to let it leak out from the source straight to the LCD grid sideways.

Java developers, when I saw what has been placed into Java 8 I was immediately reminded of how I've spent so much of my life trying to protect engineers from themselves. Lambda expressions are a horrible idea. Gentlemen: the goal isn't to make code readable for a competent mid-level engineer. The goal is to make code readable for a competent mid-level engineer exhausted and hopped up on caffeine at 3 am. What a disaster Java 8 is!
post #3353 of 4007 Old 04-10-2013, 11:38 AM

Geek Squad was out today and ordered a new panel for TV. Has anyone had this repair done and is it effective for bleeding? Thanks

post #3354 of 4007 Old 04-10-2013, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Perkins View Post

Geek Squad was out today and ordered a new panel for TV. Has anyone had this repair done and is it effective for bleeding? Thanks
Interested to know how this turns out for you. I am guessing if it is something that can actually be fixed then these companies would actually be able to produce edge lit LED TV's without this issue. Since it is found in almost all of these TV's through different brands I think we need to accept this just comes along with this technology right now. Sure, I have seen better panels then other and not even sure why some are better but I don't think it can be considered defective if this is what all these LED TV's are producing.

Hopefully you do get a better panel then what you currently have. I think it is just luck of the draw and not that replacing the panel it's sure to fix it.

Anyway, good luck. I know it is hard to overlook this issue.
post #3355 of 4007 Old 04-10-2013, 03:37 PM

So I gave LG "support" a call last night and OMG the previous feedback is spot on for my area also. I ended up talking to LG and their "support" is a complete joke. How does somebody working in their support area for TV (you choose that when dialing in) not know what spotlighting or light bleeding is? After 50 minutes and being put on hold several times the upshot right at the end, if I wasn't happy with LGs explanation that there is no problem! was I can get it serviced and if they find no fault then I have to pay. Look I do understand that, but what annoys me is their initial reaction to say its a feature and there is no problem.

The guy ended up giving me word for word the same spiel as the email I received form the online "support". "What I am seeing is within specification for the LED panel....nothing to see here...move along" Well how the heck does he know? I'm telling him it is bad spotlighing in a couple of areas that ruin the viewing experience. For all he knows, I could be talking the intensity of the sun out of one spot on the screen, while all else are dim....how is that "within specification" ?

So thats my annoyance there blanket response from their "support" teams is to say its with specification without accepting there are good and bad panels out their. Why is my hard earned cash worth less than someone who has a good panel. Again this is not a budget panel. I should expect a reasonable viewing experience, better than a budget model....which I'm not getting.
How many people that don't dig around forums and understand the technology, accept the LG pre-prepared responses that "its within spec" do they con into keeping a substandard product?

Oh by the way after 20 minutes on the phone, his first test for me was to run the LG picture test built into the panel, it displays a bright static image. "Do you see the problem on this picture?" Well not really was my reply. "Well if you see that OK the TV is working fine!"
Haha I just about choked. Cool if I wanted to use my expensive TV as a picture frame, unfortunately I want to watch moving pictures with varying grades of colour. Perhaps this perverse desire I have is using their TV out of spec?

Anyway, I will talk with the service agents and see what can be done. If I have to accept this, I will never buy another LG product as long as I live.
post #3356 of 4007 Old 04-10-2013, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So I gave LG "support" a call last night and OMG the previous feedback is spot on for my area also. I ended up talking to LG and their "support" is a complete joke. How does somebody working in their support area for TV (you choose that when dialing in) not know what spotlighting or light bleeding is? After 50 minutes and being put on hold several times the upshot right at the end, if I wasn't happy with LGs explanation that there is no problem! was I can get it serviced and if they find no fault then I have to pay. Look I do understand that, but what annoys me is their initial reaction to say its a feature and there is no problem.

The guy ended up giving me word for word the same spiel as the email I received form the online "support". "What I am seeing is within specification for the LED panel....nothing to see here...move along" Well how the heck does he know? I'm telling him it is bad spotlighing in a couple of areas that ruin the viewing experience. For all he knows, I could be talking the intensity of the sun out of one spot on the screen, while all else are dim....how is that "within specification" ?

So thats my annoyance there blanket response from their "support" teams is to say its with specification without accepting there are good and bad panels out their. Why is my hard earned cash worth less than someone who has a good panel. Again this is not a budget panel. I should expect a reasonable viewing experience, better than a budget model....which I'm not getting.
How many people that don't dig around forums and understand the technology, accept the LG pre-prepared responses that "its within spec" do they con into keeping a substandard product?

Oh by the way after 20 minutes on the phone, his first test for me was to run the LG picture test built into the panel, it displays a bright static image. "Do you see the problem on this picture?" Well not really was my reply. "Well if you see that OK the TV is working fine!"
Haha I just about choked. Cool if I wanted to use my expensive TV as a picture frame, unfortunately I want to watch moving pictures with varying grades of colour. Perhaps this perverse desire I have is using their TV out of spec?

Anyway, I will talk with the service agents and see what can be done. If I have to accept this, I will never buy another LG product as long as I live.

Wow. I really hope they just replace the panel with one that produces less of that bleed and be done with it (and off of your mind!) Seriously, life is too long to spend it @#$%ing around with an LG rep.

If they try that business again about "being in spec", ask them where in the manual it says it's supposed to bleed. Where in any of their pictures do they show anything BUT a perfectly photoshopped pretend image?

post #3357 of 4007 Old 04-10-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

Interested to know how this turns out for you. I am guessing if it is something that can actually be fixed then these companies would actually be able to produce edge lit LED TV's without this issue. Since it is found in almost all of these TV's through different brands I think we need to accept this just comes along with this technology right now. Sure, I have seen better panels then other and not even sure why some are better but I don't think it can be considered defective if this is what all these LED TV's are producing.

Hopefully you do get a better panel then what you currently have. I think it is just luck of the draw and not that replacing the panel it's sure to fix it.

Anyway, good luck. I know it is hard to overlook this issue.

Thanks, I will know in two weeks after the new panel is installed. I am a little nervous.rolleyes.gif

post #3358 of 4007 Old 04-10-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

Wow. I really hope they just replace the panel with one that produces less of that bleed and be done with it (and off of your mind!) Seriously, life is too long to spend it @#$%ing around with an LG rep.

If they try that business again about "being in spec", ask them where in the manual it says it's supposed to bleed. Where in any of their pictures do they show anything BUT a perfectly photoshopped pretend image?

Yeah thanks TGM, thats all I want just to be able to change it out for a better version of the same TV, because on a lot of scenes and the features on the TV its excellent and I'm more than happy to have another. Its under, well, just creeped over 1 month, given the time taken with the "support" so I still consider it new, and not trying to scam them for a new set and I'm not crazy obsessed expecting an OLED quality picture Just want my moneys worth and get what I know exists out there for a lot of other users (including plenty on this forum), even with a low level, more uniform/diffused bleeding, I could accept over what I have now.

I agree with the "in spec" thing, Would love to see them put some random spotlights on their promo images smile.gif

Good luck above (Richard) on the replacement panel. Hope it goes well!
post #3359 of 4007 Old 04-10-2013, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 872
Quote:

Yeah thanks TGM, thats all I want just to be able to change it out for a better version of the same TV, because on a lot of scenes and the features on the TV its excellent and I'm more than happy to have another. Its under, well, just creeped over 1 month, given the time taken with the "support" so I still consider it new, and not trying to scam them for a new set and I'm not crazy obsessed expecting an OLED quality picture Just want my moneys worth and get what I know exists out there for a lot of other users (including plenty on this forum), even with a low level, more uniform/diffused bleeding, I could accept over what I have now.

I agree with the "in spec" thing, Would love to see them put some random spotlights on their promo images smile.gif

Good luck above (Richard) on the replacement panel. Hope it goes well!
I tried 6 different LG LED TVs from the 4600 up to the 7600. I wish I would have tried another brand to see how it compared to the LGs but instead I just went with a Samsung Plasma. I did have a decent 6700 panel but returned it for a 7600 that was on sale for the same price. Who would have thought the better panel would be even worse.

And I agree, LGs tech support is terrible and they do not know anything about there product!
post #3360 of 4007 Old 04-10-2013, 08:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 46
New firmware update engineering mode : 04.50.10

Panasonic 60VT60
Energy RC 70 fronts
Energy RC LCR center
Energy RC LCR surrounds
Rythmik LV12R and Mirage Omni 12 subwoofers
Denon 2112CI
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Displays , Onkyo Tx Nr609 7 2 Channel Network Thx Certified A V Receiver , Lg Nb3520a Sound Bar Audio System With Wireless Subwoofer Bluetooth Streaming , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page