Forum Jump: 

post #3601 of 3957 Old 06-01-2013, 01:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumrush View Post

So another quick update.. I convinced myself to return the TV to Best Buy.. But, after watching several movies last night noticed nearly NO backlight bleeding or flashlighting.. The day before it was unbearable. This morning it is great again.. I've never seen random flashlighting.. Has anyone heard of this? Could it be related to the temperature in my house? I'm trying to figure out the cause. Here is a picture of what it looked like when it was bad.. Today, that same picture would yield no flashlighting in in all corners, and slight light bleed on the right side, which is bearable and makes the unit worth keeping. I am concerned about this popping up again though.

Do you have 'local dimming' enabled for all of your inputs, and at the same level? If not, as you cycle through different sources, your flashlighting issue could seem better--where dimming is off--or worse (where it's on, or on at a lower setting). It's hard to tell from a photograph...but with dimming off, the level of light bleed on my set could be in the ballpark of what you're dealing with. I use 'dimming' on 'low' across the board, so the issue hardly registers to my eye. It's definitely there if I seek it out--especially with widescreen films--but it's kept to an acceptable minimum without unduly darkening the image. But everyone's mileage varies with these features...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3602 of 3957 Old 06-01-2013, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackN View Post

Do you have 'local dimming' enabled for all of your inputs, and at the same level? If not, as you cycle through different sources, your flashlighting issue could seem better--where dimming is off--or worse (where it's on, or on at a lower setting). It's hard to tell from a photograph...but with dimming off, the level of light bleed on my set could be in the ballpark of what you're dealing with. I use 'dimming' on 'low' across the board, so the issue hardly registers to my eye. It's definitely there if I seek it out--especially with widescreen films--but it's kept to an acceptable minimum without unduly darkening the image. But everyone's mileage varies with these features...

Yes - All inputs have the exact same settings, except for 3D settings.
Local dimming on high, black level on low.

The picture I posted was with local dimming set to high. The next day, no flashlighting, just some mild light bleed on the right side of the screen. Same exact settings. I also checked the settings to confirm that nothing was reset.
post #3603 of 3957 Old 06-01-2013, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 40
My isf pro calibrator set my local dimming to medium. Very nice result for isf day and isf night and also for 3d. Settings. Very worth it for what I paid.

(2) Energy RC 70 towers
(1) Energy Veritas 2.0C center
(2) Energy Veritas 2.0R surrounds
(2) Energy RC LCR back surrounds
(1) Rythmik LV12R sub
(1) Denon 2112CI avr
(1) LG 55" LM7600 tv
post #3604 of 3957 Old 06-01-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobywrx99 View Post

Tech called today. They received the new panal and will install on Sat. Fingers crossed its not worse then before.

So tech just left and I have a new panal. I was getting a little worried because he was so rough with everything. So far so good, it looks really nice. The real test will be tonight when it's dark. Hopefully now I can bring my black levels up a bit.
post #3605 of 3957 Old 06-01-2013, 11:11 PM

Ok
Quote:

So tech just left and I have a new panal. I was getting a little worried because he was so rough with everything. So far so good, it looks really nice. The real test will be tonight when it's dark. Hopefully now I can bring my black levels up a bit.

Ok new panel has some light bleeding but less then the old one. I haven't noticed any major flashlighting. Guess it was a good move but still not completely happy. Oh well.
post #3606 of 3957 Old 06-02-2013, 02:57 AM

Quote:

Yes - All inputs have the exact same settings, except for 3D settings.
Local dimming on high, black level on low.

The picture I posted was with local dimming set to high. The next day, no flashlighting, just some mild light bleed on the right side of the screen. Same exact settings. I also checked the settings to confirm that nothing was reset.

Weird. Same viewing angle? Are you viewing in a light controlled room?

What are your settings for Backlight and Contrast? I had some 3D on earlier and noticed that--with those values running higher (and with local dimming on low)--the flashlighting/bleeding on my LM7600 was more apparent and in roughly the same configuration as in your picture.

Regardless, the inconsistency you're seeing is certainly puzzling.
post #3607 of 3957 Old 06-02-2013, 08:28 AM

hi guys
i have lm76100 its like lm7600
i cant find its bluetooth with any mobile phone...
what can i do?
post #3608 of 3957 Old 06-02-2013, 08:31 AM

Quote:

Ok
Ok new panel has some light bleeding but less then the old one. I haven't noticed any major flashlighting. Guess it was a good move but still not completely happy. Oh well.

null.jpg
post #3609 of 3957 Old 06-02-2013, 12:19 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:

Ok
mine is about 98 percent perfect after replacing the panel.

LG 55 LM7600, LG BP 620, Yamaha RX-V 677, Direct TV HR24-200, NHT Classic Ten sub, TwoC Center, NHT Classic Three's Mains, NHT IC2 surrounds.
post #3610 of 3957 Old 06-02-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:

null.jpg

That's about as good as it gets. Looks like a keeper.
post #3611 of 3957 Old 06-02-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:

Weird. Same viewing angle? Are you viewing in a light controlled room?

What are your settings for Backlight and Contrast? I had some 3D on earlier and noticed that--with those values running higher (and with local dimming on low)--the flashlighting/bleeding on my LM7600 was more apparent and in roughly the same configuration as in your picture.

Regardless, the inconsistency you're seeing is certainly puzzling.

Sure is.. Using the CNET recommended expert settings. Backlight of 57, contrast of 80.
post #3612 of 3957 Old 06-02-2013, 05:58 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by alireza View Post

hi guys
i have lm76100 its like lm7600
i cant find its bluetooth with any mobile phone...
what can i do?

There is no Bluetooth. What are you trying to connect between the mobile and the TV? Should be able to connect using a home network, Wifi, DLNA, etc...
post #3613 of 3957 Old 06-02-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:

That's about as good as it gets. Looks like a keeper.

I know, I think I'm just hyper sensetive to it now. Thanks for the feedback.
post #3614 of 3957 Old 06-04-2013, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 549
Quote:

So another quick update.. I convinced myself to return the TV to Best Buy.. But, after watching several movies last night noticed nearly NO backlight bleeding or flashlighting.. The day before it was unbearable. This morning it is great again.. I've never seen random flashlighting.. Has anyone heard of this? Could it be related to the temperature in my house? I'm trying to figure out the cause. Here is a picture of what it looked like when it was bad.. Today, that same picture would yield no flashlighting in in all corners, and slight light bleed on the right side, which is bearable and makes the unit worth keeping. I am concerned about this popping up again though.

Keep in mind that you get a separate set of settings for each HDMI port----make sure you're not comparing HDMI1 to HDMI2 for instance.

Also, make sure you check this out at the same time every day.

Well Vinnie97, one of the kindest and most helpful and respected members here, got one of these. I wonder how much longer before I get such a message...
You have been banned for the following reason: No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never
post #3615 of 3957 Old 06-04-2013, 02:10 PM

For people experiencing light bleed. use "led backlight kit' it helps a Lott in reducing light bleed. i had a bad light bleed,but after using led backlight kit, I barley notice the light bleed. smile.gifsmile.gif
post #3616 of 3957 Old 06-04-2013, 08:03 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

So quick update.. Of course the service techs now claim that LG rejected shipping a panel until they had more proof.

I thought everything was OK until today- When the clouding / flashlighting was the worst I've ever seen. All four corners were bright..

Has anyone heard of flashlighting randomly appearing then vanishing? This is rapidly becoming very annoying.

I didn't notice the problem as bad when the TV was sitting on my stand before I mounted it. Could mounting the unit effect flashlighting and clouding?

I have a replacement panel coming in hopefully next week for the technician to change out. Like you I debated a lot over getting it done.
But on the bad days it would drive me insane. I think it does vary in brightness, given the same conditions, very odd.
Of course there are the different inputs and settings attached to each, as mentioned by others here, to keep in mind. Also the basic input change and smart functions which
switch straight to vivid, depending on your external lighting when doing these the flashlighting can be between average or very bad.

Fingers crossed my replacement panel fixes my flashlighting...nervous wait.
post #3617 of 3957 Old 06-04-2013, 09:08 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't see any light bleed on my TV. Here is the pic with flash and without flash.

(2) Energy RC 70 towers
(1) Rythmik LV12R sub
(1) Denon 2112CI avr
(1) LG 55" LM7600 tv
post #3618 of 3957 Old 06-04-2013, 10:19 PM

^^^ dude there's terrible spotlighting right in the middle of the screen, how can you not see that? ........ smile.gif just kidding.
Hey count yourself lucky as I still think this TV has the best looking picture I have seen in the 55 inch LED market , if it has no spotlighting then you have a good TV....enjoy!

Oh was going to mention on my previous post also, I think hanging the TV does make a difference the strain and pressure on the display is different to on the stand. You can feel that the frame is not totally rigid when hanging it on the wall. I think my spotlighting got worse after hanging and any flexing in the frame was allowed to settle. I always thought a few extra dollars in the assembly process to keep things rigid and solid would perhaps help deliver a product less prone to the clouding and spotlighting? Just my thoughts anyhow.
post #3619 of 3957 Old 06-05-2013, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT3010 View Post

^^^ dude there's terrible spotlighting right in the middle of the screen, how can you not see that? ........ smile.gif just kidding.
Hey count yourself lucky as I still think this TV has the best looking picture I have seen in the 55 inch LED market , if it has no spotlighting then you have a good TV....enjoy!

Oh was going to mention on my previous post also, I think hanging the TV does make a difference the strain and pressure on the display is different to on the stand. You can feel that the frame is not totally rigid when hanging it on the wall. I think my spotlighting got worse after hanging and any flexing in the frame was allowed to settle. I always thought a few extra dollars in the assembly process to keep things rigid and solid would perhaps help deliver a product less prone to the clouding and spotlighting? Just my thoughts anyhow.

That's probably the case. Wasn't there a very similar model to this one that was kinda rare (LM7200 or LM7400, something like that) that was the same TV but the frame was slightly different? I recall people with that tv were able to completely remove any flashlighting/spotlighting by squeezing the frame with their finger until something sounded like it snapped into place. The frames on the mainstream LG models unfortunately don't give us that luxury. It was mentioned a lot earlier in this thread, somewhere.
post #3620 of 3957 Old 06-05-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa8 View Post

Have you used Hulu plus before on a computer? I did and had the exact same issues, for some reason I don't with Hulu, just the +. Everyone can't be having the same issues or they wouldn't sell subscriptions but I did on my computer. (I too have a fast internet connection, I can stream anything...)

What's interesting is that I have both a 360 and PS3.

The LG Hulu Plus app has all of the issues mentioned previously.

The 360's Hulu Plus app doesn't have any streaming issues, but the picture is generally very lousy/grainy, with slight motion artifacts and a quarter to half second delay in audio that I could not fix with any AV Sync method I have available. Also, transitions between commercials and content produce very audible clicks and pops and visual artifacts, like the TV and my receiver is resetting the signal each time.

The PS3's Hulu Plus app has no issues...quality is the same or slightly better than the LG app, no audio delay, no streaming issues, commercials run as fluid as they do on a television broadcast with no stopping or stuttering between transitions and no clicks/pops.

I ran each app for an hour each on back to back days, and the top two had the same issues persistently, while the PS3 app had no issues. Both the 360 and PS3 are connected via HDMI using the exact same picture and audio settings each time.

It's just so weird how the same app on different platforms can perform so differently even when run on the same internet connection using the same picture settings and connection method.

So, it seems as though the app is coded terribly on everything but the PS3.
tampa8 likes this.
post #3621 of 3957 Old 06-05-2013, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member

While watching escape from planet earth!

(2) Energy RC 70 towers
(1) Rythmik LV12R sub
(1) Denon 2112CI avr
(1) LG 55" LM7600 tv
post #3622 of 3957 Old 06-06-2013, 02:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMcCraryNJ View Post

What's interesting is that I have both a 360 and PS3.

The LG Hulu Plus app has all of the issues mentioned previously.

The 360's Hulu Plus app doesn't have any streaming issues, but the picture is generally very lousy/grainy, with slight motion artifacts and a quarter to half second delay in audio that I could not fix with any AV Sync method I have available. Also, transitions between commercials and content produce very audible clicks and pops and visual artifacts, like the TV and my receiver is resetting the signal each time.

The PS3's Hulu Plus app has no issues...quality is the same or slightly better than the LG app, no audio delay, no streaming issues, commercials run as fluid as they do on a television broadcast with no stopping or stuttering between transitions and no clicks/pops.

I ran each app for an hour each on back to back days, and the top two had the same issues persistently, while the PS3 app had no issues. Both the 360 and PS3 are connected via HDMI using the exact same picture and audio settings each time.

It's just so weird how the same app on different platforms can perform so differently even when run on the same internet connection using the same picture settings and connection method.

So, it seems as though the app is coded terribly on everything but the PS3.

I don't have a PS3 but I have heard others say what you and I are about other platforms.
post #3623 of 3957 Old 06-08-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonheart View Post

Hi, can you share your ISF day and night settings please?

I don't have the day/night settings available....why would that be?
post #3624 of 3957 Old 06-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Advanced Member

Do you have ISF 1 and ISF 2? After calibrating you can set it so changes can not be made without a code being entered, and when you do that it changes to ISF day and ISF night. (There are other codes for other menu items as well)
post #3625 of 3957 Old 06-10-2013, 05:11 PM

I do have isf 1 and 2. I always use my own settings on 2. How is it set to need a code...this is news to me.

On an unrelated note:

For everyday viewing/listening I use HDMI out of cable box into Denon receiver out to TV....nice sound.
For viewing Netflix and Cinemanow I run optical from TV to Denon.
Up until recently I got surround sound....last night I watched "Parker".....I only got sound via center channel and sub.

Any suggestions?
post #3626 of 3957 Old 06-10-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayjer View Post

I do have isf 1 and 2. I always use my own settings on 2. How is it set to need a code...this is news to me.

On an unrelated note:

For everyday viewing/listening I use HDMI out of cable box into Denon receiver out to TV....nice sound.
For viewing Netflix and Cinemanow I run optical from TV to Denon.
Up until recently I got surround sound....last night I watched "Parker".....I only got sound via center channel and sub.

Any suggestions?

I had to go into the service menu and enable ac-3 pass through on the optical output. If you search this thread you can find the exact instructions on how to do this. You'll need a harmony remote or something like that. Hope this helps.
post #3627 of 3957 Old 06-12-2013, 10:14 PM

Thanks....I have a Harmony 650 I think it is.....I think the LG should be able to find it easier than a Harmony though

....but how do I get into the service menu?

I watched Netflix last night....surround was operating. Maybe some Cinemanow releases don't have surround.....but I've watched a number of movies on there that do.
post #3628 of 3957 Old 06-13-2013, 06:34 AM

^
You need a harmony or URC to access the service menu. Search this thread, the password and instructions for fixing surround on optical output.
post #3629 of 3957 Old 06-13-2013, 11:17 AM

Why wouldn't I be able to get into the service menu with the LG remote?
This thread is miles long btw.....
I've tried "search"...choosing the wrong words I guess
post #3630 of 3957 Old 06-13-2013, 12:20 PM
Advanced Member

One of the huge discussions in this thread is about LG changing how you get to the service menu, and that very limited changes that can be made even then and even by a tech using a tech's remote. (Unless a programming computer is used) My quick search just now of the forum brought up tons of posts about it. Remote Service Menu.... Since you can screw up your TV better to read the posts and maybe learn the pitfalls and what not to do.

And you would be wrong on using a Harmony for this, the Harmony is the easiest way of all to get to the service menu.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Displays , Onkyo Tx Nr609 7 2 Channel Network Thx Certified A V Receiver , Lg Nb3520a Sound Bar Audio System With Wireless Subwoofer Bluetooth Streaming , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page