Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 04:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyGillis View Post

On the stand from the bottom of the 7600's bezel to the surface the stand rests on is just under 3 inches..... I was forced to put my center channel on a stand in front of the TV so it could be lower and then adjust my A/V settings to maintain audio sync. I thought about placing the TV stand ON my Klipsch center speaker, but I am eye level now with the "Sweet Spot" and don't want to give it up. Works fine all the way around. Good luck and enjoy your new LG. Every day I find more and more stuff I love about this TV!

Great... Thanks for the response. I will plan accordingly. I look forward to receiving the TV soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 04:58 AM

Sears has it for 1615$ is what I see.. calling bestbuy tosee if they will match pricing on tv I bought last week
post #363 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 06:18 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadmanX View Post

Sears has it for 1615$ is what I see.. calling bestbuy tosee if they will match pricing on tv I bought last week

Wow, that's a deal. I payed a few hundred more buying it from HH gregg last week. I'm going to call them today to see what they can do, otherwise I'll be returning it. I hope they don't have a restocking fee.

edit: Holy cow, ordering from Sears is a painful process. I placed an order, but didn't receive a confirmation email. Half an hour later, I am chatting with them, and while chatting, I get an email saying that my order was not verified due to pricing error. I told this to the chat rep, who then started looking into it.

At this point, I have been talking to the chat rep for about 45 minutes, during which they will say one or two lines and then disappear for 4 to 5 minutes. They are fairly bad at following the conversation, too, frequently forgetting important details that were mentioned just a few lines ago.
post #364 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 06:57 AM

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/16/lg-3d-world/

LG may start charging for streaming their 3D content...
post #365 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beelbeel View Post

Wow, that's a deal. I payed a few hundred more buying it from HH gregg last week. I'm going to call them today to see what they can do, otherwise I'll be returning it. I hope they don't have a restocking fee.

edit: Holy cow, ordering from Sears is a painful process. I placed an order, but didn't receive a confirmation email. Half an hour later, I am chatting with them, and while chatting, I get an email saying that my order was not verified due to pricing error. I told this to the chat rep, who then started looking into it.

At this point, I have been talking to the chat rep for about 45 minutes, during which they will say one or two lines and then disappear for 4 to 5 minutes. They are fairly bad at following the conversation, too, frequently forgetting important details that were mentioned just a few lines ago.

Definitely one to avoid then. Ouch, hope you get it sorted.
post #366 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornedbronco View Post

Dual play should be enabled. Did you try a firmware update?

I was mistaken. It's enabled. I just have not used it before and it appears to be active after all.
post #367 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarenG View Post

I was mistaken. It's enabled. I just have not used it before and it appears to be active after all.

Yes. I hacked a couple of glasses this weekend to use them for dual play .... I can see the other player's screen at times as ghosting image.... It's playable though.
post #368 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 10:04 AM

Sears mobile site quotes one price but in the store I was told the website is incorrect the actual price was $250 higher. Happened to me once wit Panasonic. Ordered a TV at a great price and 2 days later Panny called me and denied tbe order due to "website error". I think someone hacked the site and posted false prices but Panny never admitted.
post #369 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothMJJ View Post

Definitely one to avoid then. Ouch, hope you get it sorted.

It didn't work out. The person on the phone completely avoided attempting to answer my question, "why didn't the order go through." Instead, they spent 30 minutes telling me that it did not go through and then 45 minutes placing another order that I could have done myself in fifteen seconds. That second order also didn't go through.
post #370 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 10:27 AM

I've had my 55LM7600 for a week now. Coming from a 3 year old Panasonic Viera 58" PZ800U plasma I am pretty happy with the picture so far. Although the blacks aren't as deep to what the plasma was. But the color and brightness are way better. I'm using the settings from the flatpanelshd review with a few tweaks. Such as led local dimming on low and medium instead of warm color temperature.

One thing I have noticed is some slight edge light bleeding? Just in some areas, but it's not too noticeable unless your keeping your eye out for it. Turning led local dimming to low made most of it go away. I'm debating on if I should return it for a new tv or just go with it. I'm not sure if this is a normal situation since this is my first led/lcd tv. It's already hung on the wall and I'd hate to take it down then exchange it and get another with some edge bleeding or even worse.

All in all I'm glad I went with the LG and not the Samsung.
LL
post #371 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 11:32 AM

Liked: 14
I've been trying to decide between the 55LM6700 and 55LM7600 for awhile now. It looks like Best Buy currently has the 7600 for $2099.99 and the 6700 for $1799.99. But the 7600s are all out of stock locally and it sounds like they are not expecting to get any in for awhile.

I'm definitely leaning towards the 7600, mainly because of the unable-to-turn-off TruMotion issue on the 6700 (which sounds like it could be fixed by a future update, but who really knows).

My question for anyone who knows: Is the screen less reflective on the 7600 than on the 6700? My viewing room has a lot of light, so that could be an issue for me. I've read through both the 6700 and 7600 threads and I can't really tell. Any other benefits to the 7600 justifying the extra $300? I'm not sure I care about the 240Hz refresh rate all that much. But I do want the best picture possible.

Thanks!
post #372 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwinston View Post

I've been trying to decide between the 55LM6700 and 55LM7600 for awhile now. It looks like Best Buy currently has the 7600 for $2099.99 and the 6700 for $1799.99. But the 7600s are all out of stock locally and it sounds like they are not expecting to get any in for awhile.

I'm definitely leaning towards the 7600, mainly because of the unable-to-turn-off TruMotion issue on the 6700 (which sounds like it could be fixed by a future update, but who really knows).

My question for anyone who knows: Is the screen less reflective on the 7600 than on the 6700? My viewing room has a lot of light, so that could be an issue for me. I've read through both the 6700 and 7600 threads and I can't really tell. Any other benefits to the 7600 justifying the extra $300? I'm not sure I care about the 240Hz refresh rate all that much. But I do want the best picture possible.

Thanks!

rwinston,

In the picture I attached to my post above yours, there is sunlight coming through three windows to the right of the tv. You can tell there isn't really any reflection going on.
post #373 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 12:01 PM

The screen definitely reflects light a bit. I have it in a room that has a ton of windows, including the entire wall on the opposite side of the room. I am about 11 feet from the tv (centered), and I do often end up pulling the curtains directly behind me when I am watching. It is not a big deal, though.
post #374 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwinston View Post

Thanks!

Our local BB has been out of the 7600 for a while and when last checked they didnt know when theyd be getting more in. Isnt this strange for a new model? I figured the inventory would be high at this point. Either they are flying off the shelves or production has slowed for some reason???

Im considering bringing mine back in for one with less flashlighting.
Someone above mentioned turning local dimming to low to reduce this, I heard earlier setting it to high would best reduce this issue. away from the set for a while, but any thoughts?
post #375 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkaufma1 View Post

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/16/lg-3d-world/

LG may start charging for streaming their 3D content...

Hmm weird ... this app has been out forever! I dont know what engadget editors are doing these days. There was no such press release on LG's website; also I noticed that they did not cite their source for the press release! After the good editors left Engadget I stopped following them; they've lost their game.

http://www.lg.com/us/press-release
post #376 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro23 View Post

Our local BB has been out of the 7600 for a while and when last checked they didnt know when theyd be getting more in. Isnt this strange for a new model? I figured the inventory would be high at this point. Either they are flying off the shelves or production has slowed for some reason???

Someone above mentioned turning local dimming to low to reduce this, I heard earlier setting it to high would best reduce this issue. away from the set for a while, but any thoughts?

We will probably end up with a 7600 V2 that will fix some of the issues that we have clearly pointed out in this thread with photographs etc. They'll then discontinue support for the original 7600 and land themselves in even more crap. Doesn't look good.
post #377 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 12:34 PM

I visited best buy for about the 3rd time in a week as I'm torn between the 47inch LM7600 and the 46" samsung d8000. The PQ on both the 7600 and 6700 LG's were pretty impressive. The 3d demos also seemed good, if not great.

The PQ on the 55" d8000 at best buy underwhelmed. Finding nemo on DVD, however could be the reason for the lack of clarity/ etc.

lastly, i tried out the 3d on the es7500 and wow, terrible. absolutely terrible. only marginally better with the glasses than without. I think possibly the battery for the glasses had died, but BB had the glasses rigged up in this mechanism that possibly had the charger attached.

pretty positive i will be purchasing the LG after my latest trip to BB.
post #378 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro23 View Post

I am almost definitely going to swap mine out in a week or so. There is some light leaking near the top right that isn't too terrible, but the main issue is this weird area in the top middle of the screen. It is most noticeable when there is a bright white image in that part of the screen, and it is a small area where the image always seems to be darker. It is almost the opposite of the light leaking that most people post about. Is that flashlighting?
post #379 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 01:44 PM

The 2D pictures on my 3 days old 55LM7600 are pretty good compared to my Samsung 60UND7000.
However, it has more ghosting in 3D when I watch the LG 3D apps videos and 3D bluerays which the Samsung is much better, however Samsung don't have all these 3D picture settings on the LG, (I'm using the default) after updated to latest firmware.

Can someone post their 3D setting? or anything else in the picture setting to improve the 3D ghosting problem? e.g. Monster Vs Alien is pretty bad which is much better using the same PS3 connected to my Samsung.

Thanks in advance
post #380 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90fans View Post

Can someone post their 3D setting? or anything else in the picture setting to improve the 3D ghosting problem? e.g. Monster Vs Alien is pretty bad which is much better using the same PS3 connected to my Samsung.

Thanks in advance

Are you playing the movie from a bluray disc or a mkv file?
post #381 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornedbronco View Post

Are you playing the movie from a bluray disc or a mkv file?

It's a blueray disc with PS3 - which is the same setup as my Samsung.
post #382 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90fans View Post

The 2D pictures on my 3 days old 55LM7600 are pretty good compared to my Samsung 60UND7000.
However, it has more ghosting in 3D when I watch the LG 3D apps videos and 3D bluerays which the Samsung is much better, however Samsung don't have all these 3D picture settings on the LG, (I'm using the default) after updated to latest firmware.

Thanks in advance

I don't see any ghosting at all. I have the following:

3D Depth = 10 (default)
3D Viewpoint = +2

I have noticed thought I can crank on most 3D movies the Viewpoint setting to around 5. If I go any higher I get vertical distortion about a quarter inch on each side of the picture.

Have you by chance adjusted the 3D setting on your Blu Ray player? I would set that to default as well and try and readjust.
post #383 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmattp View Post

I've had my 55LM7600 for a week now. Coming from a 3 year old Panasonic Viera 58" PZ800U plasma I am pretty happy with the picture so far. Although the blacks aren't as deep to what the plasma was. But the color and brightness are way better. I'm using the settings from the flatpanelshd review with a few tweaks. Such as led local dimming on low and medium instead of warm color temperature.

One thing I have noticed is some slight edge light bleeding? Just in some areas, but it's not too noticeable unless your keeping your eye out for it. Turning led local dimming to low made most of it go away. I'm debating on if I should return it for a new tv or just go with it. I'm not sure if this is a normal situation since this is my first led/lcd tv. It's already hung on the wall and I'd hate to take it down then exchange it and get another with some edge bleeding or even worse.

All in all I'm glad I went with the LG and not the Samsung.

In the flatpanelshd review, they set high and low levels for RGB. How did you find those options?

Edit: never mind. Got it!
post #384 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 05:51 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I got the 7600 I went into best buy on Tuesday and it was delivered with no issues on Saturday. I am coming from the panny vt25 which I loved . IMO this TV is awesome the colors pop off the screen and looks great . I watched frozen planet last night on discovery and it was sick. I have looked for flash-lighting and I just don't see any. The 3d is great I have it set on 15 depth and 3 for the viewpoint.

Very happy with purchase I can't stop watching

If there are any questions I can try to answer them
post #385 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beelbeel View Post

It didn't work out. The person on the phone completely avoided attempting to answer my question, "why didn't the order go through." Instead, they spent 30 minutes telling me that it did not go through and then 45 minutes placing another order that I could have done myself in fifteen seconds. That second order also didn't go through.

I just went to BB and they would not honor the price match from Sears. They called and said that the price is wrong on the web site. It was a good try but did not work out :-(
post #386 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 05:54 PM

I've spent a while toying around with settings and this is what I'm happiest with so far. I've found that a couple other posted settings didn't produce good whites for me which was pretty noticeable since I watch tons of hockey.

---------------

Picture Mode: Expert 1

Backlight 75-85
Contrast 100
Brightnesss 50
H sharp 50
V sharp 50
Color 100
Tint 0

Aspect Ratio: Just Scan

Expert Control
--------------
Dynamic Contrast: OFF
Super Res: OFF
Color Gamut: Standard
Edge Enhancer: HIGH
xvYcc: greyed out / off
Color Filter: OFF
Expert Pattern: greyed out / off
Gamma: 2.2

White Balance
-------------
Color Temp: Cool
Method: 2 points
Pattern: Outer
R,G,B: 0,0,0

Color Management
----------------
Color: Red
Sat: 0
Tint: 0
Lum: 0

Picture Options
---------------
Noise Reduction: Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Black Level: Low
Real Cinema: Off
LED Local Dimming: Low
Trumotion: Off
post #387 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 06:10 PM

I have the same problem with the LG 3D apps so its probably not the player, I will try your setting and report back. Are you using the 3D glasses came with the TV?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarenG View Post

I don't see in ghosting at all. I have the following:

3D Depth = 10 (default)
3D Viewpoint = +2

I have noticed thought I can crank on most 3D movies the Viewpoint setting to around 5. If I go any higher I get vertical distortion about a quarter inch on each side of the picture.

Have you by chance adjusted the 3D setting on your Blu Ray player? I would set that to default as well and try and readjust.

post #388 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1117 View Post

I just went to BB and they would not honor the price match from Sears. They called and said that the price is wrong on the web site. It was a good try but did not work out :-(

Are you sure they actually called Sears?? This price has been on the Sears website since late saturday night. I find it hard to believe that the price has not been corrected by now if it was a mistake.

I'm sure enough people have contacted them about pricematching that they are aware the price needs corrected... if it is a mistake. Just MHO...
post #389 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboys6190 View Post

Are you sure they actually called Sears?? This price has been on the Sears website since late saturday night. I find it hard to believe that the price has not been corrected by now if it was a mistake. IMHO....

Yes, my local store- they confirmed the price was wrong. I think I am going to go back again tomorrow. I could get like $300 back.
post #390 of 3968 Old 04-16-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboys6190 View Post

Are you sure they actually called Sears?? This price has been on the Sears website since late saturday night. I find it hard to believe that the price has not been corrected by now if it was a mistake.

I'm sure enough people have contacted them about pricematching that they are aware the price needs corrected... if it is a mistake. Just MHO...

I tried to order it several times. Every time, I got an email 45 minutes later saying that my order could not be fulfilled due to a pricing error.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Displays , Onkyo Tx Nr609 7 2 Channel Network Thx Certified A V Receiver , Lg Nb3520a Sound Bar Audio System With Wireless Subwoofer Bluetooth Streaming , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page