Forum Jump: 

post #3931 of 3957 Old 05-04-2014, 04:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackN View Post

If the latest firmware update for my LA6200 is any indication, with this new firmware LG seems to be binding continued use of smart TV features with acceptance of their viewing and consumer data harvesting policies. If you do not agree to the terms, you are barred from the associated smart feature. This would seem very important to LG; I'm sheure they've learned that when they're forced aboveboard and offer an opt-out for consumers, not too may people don't (opt out). So their next move seems to be leveraging people by way of denying popular and expected services unless the consumer agrees to allow his/her tv to be an open book to the company.

I occasionally use "Crackle" on my LM7600 (I've added it to my apps). I would undoubtedly be blocked from further use if I elected not to participate in LG's open monitoring program.

So I won't be updating my firmware unless someone can point to a desired new performance enhancement of the baseline TV functions (picture quality, etc.).

If you have already updated to the new firmware--again, going by my LA6200 as a reference--you should be able to opt in or out of the new privacy and terms of use policies in "legal documents" in your settings menu by checking/unchecking associated boxes in the text. As I have not updated my firmware, I cannot confirm this on my LM7600 yet. Anyone who has may want to see if you can pull up those documents.

Be advised: If you have privacy concerns and update to the new firmware, it could mean a reduction in the usefulness of your LG Smart TV Features (if you opt out).
I don't use the smart features on this tv, so do I uncheck the legal documents?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3932 of 3957 Old 05-04-2014, 04:23 PM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonheart View Post

I don't use the smart features on this tv, so do I uncheck the legal documents?

I would, yes. Also set "Live Plus" in Options--in your settings menu--to "Off." It's a feature that monitors what you view to created targeted ad content.
post #3933 of 3957 Old 05-04-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:

I would, yes. Also set "Live Plus" in Options--in your settings menu--to "Off." It's a feature that monitors what you view to created targeted ad content.
I can't find Live Plus,, I have the LM6200 though and I live outside the US,
post #3934 of 3957 Old 05-04-2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonheart View Post

I can't find Live Plus,, I have the LM6200 though and I live outside the US,

Interesting. In my US based set--before the latest firmware update--it's in 'Options' under the setting for 'Standby Light'; could be it's not a feature in your region.
post #3935 of 3957 Old 05-05-2014, 07:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahaziel View Post

Hi guys,

its me again i just found a bug on latest firmware updates, auto power-on option is enabled by default. Please advice if you experience electrical downtimes in your house....this may cause your TV to power on without human interaction.

You can disable this option on In-Start Menu.

best regards,

I know I'm quoting and old post, but I couldn't find a newer one mentioning this problem.

I want to disable this auto power-on feature. My TV uses HDMI ARC to a Marantz receiver, and when I start the TV, the receiver also powers on to play TV audio. Very nice and convenient feature of HDMI CEC, for every day use.
But at night, after a mains power failure (220 V) which is relatively frequent in my country, believe me it's not a pleasure when the TV powers automatically on, together with the receiver and I'm hearing the news coming from the living room.

I've got a Harmony remote so I can access service menu (EZ Adjust, In Start).

If someone could share the necessary settings to disable this auto power-on feature, I'll be more than grateful.
Thanks in advance smile.gif
post #3936 of 3957 Old 05-06-2014, 11:32 AM

hi ppl. I have an 47lm7600 and i am facing a problem with the build in media player. In alot of movies (usually divx and xvid) the video every few seconds freezes instantly and continiue to play witch is very annoying. I have the latest f/w an di tried to reset to factory defaults but the problem remains. Any ideas?

post #3937 of 3957 Old 05-06-2014, 03:29 PM

Tach,
I had the same issue. It was related to windows 7 and media player.. I forgot how I fixed it but I recall it involved changing a setting in media player..
post #3938 of 3957 Old 05-06-2014, 05:17 PM

Anybody looked at the last LG privacy and access policy statements from LG? All you info and all your browsing is all available and they can use all. So what if i can't or won't allow this? They want you if you have questions to go to privacy.support@lge.com but nobody's home. I am totally dissatisfied with this TV...would never buy another LG product.
post #3939 of 3957 Old 05-06-2014, 06:04 PM

LG has locked my set until i accept the new terms of use policy and the privacy policy. Purely unacceptable.
post #3940 of 3957 Old 05-06-2014, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennphill View Post

LG has locked my set until i accept the new terms of use policy and the privacy policy. Purely unacceptable.

It is.

How long before LG rolls this back, once the review sites, forums and blogs get wind of it?
post #3941 of 3957 Old 05-06-2014, 08:58 PM

Quote:

Anybody looked at the last LG privacy and access policy statements from LG? All you info and all your browsing is all available and they can use all. So what if i can't or won't allow this? They want you if you have questions to go to privacy.support@lge.com but nobody's home. I am totally dissatisfied with this TV...would never buy another LG product.

I think unchecking the permissions boxes in "legal documents" viewable in your settings menu represents refusal to accept their new policy, so you can do that much for now (at the expense of your smart TV features). Also, be sure Live Plus is set to "off."

My guess is this new bid to leverage consumer data by holding smart features hostage will blow up in their face.
post #3942 of 3957 Old 05-06-2014, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumrush View Post

Tach,
I had the same issue. It was related to windows 7 and media player.. I forgot how I fixed it but I recall it involved changing a setting in media player..

Bumrush, i mean tv's media player. When i try to play a video from a usb hdd, not when i stream from my computer

post #3943 of 3957 Old 05-07-2014, 08:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:

Quote:

I think unchecking the permissions boxes in "legal documents" viewable in your settings menu represents refusal to accept their new policy, so you can do that much for now (at the expense of your smart TV features). Also, be sure Live Plus is set to "off."
dennphil, have you tried accepting the policy, then going and unchecking the permissions as JackN suggests? At least you won't have a brick for a TV (or do we call inoperable TVs "mirrors?").

post #3944 of 3957 Old 05-07-2014, 02:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

This works. You have to consent to "Terms of Service" and "Privacy Policy" to use Netflix/other Smart TV features, but you can stay opted out of the "Sharing Viewing Information" and "Sharing Voice Data" ones, with no repercussions (which only get used if you have "Live Plus" on in the first place).
Richard Perkins likes this.
post #3945 of 3957 Old 05-07-2014, 06:33 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAd MiKe 187 View Post

This works. You have to consent to "Terms of Service" and "Privacy Policy" to use Netflix/other Smart TV features, but you can stay opted out of the "Sharing Viewing Information" and "Sharing Voice Data" ones, with no repercussions (which only get used if you have "Live Plus" on in the first place).
And this is with firmware version 6.04.03? (Just want to confirm before I do the update.) Thanks.

post #3946 of 3957 Old 05-07-2014, 06:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBWIII View Post

And this is with firmware version 6.04.03? (Just want to confirm before I do the update.) Thanks.
Yes. If I'm not mistaken, when you first do the upgrade, you have to "Accept"" everything (you can possibly "Quit to TV" and accept everything later, but I didn't do that - so feel free to try). Then, turn off "Live Plus" and then go into Legal Documents and turn off Viewing Habits and the one for Voice. Once that's done, I think everything is essentially like it was before (the equivalent of "Collection of Watching Info" turned off).
JBWIII likes this.
post #3947 of 3957 Old 05-11-2014, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octav59 View Post

I want to disable the auto power-on feature. My TV uses HDMI ARC to a Marantz receiver, and when I start the TV, the receiver also powers on and play TV audio. Very nice and convenient feature of HDMI CEC, for every day use.
But at night, after a mains power failure (220 V) which is relatively frequent in my country, believe me it's not a pleasure when the TV powers automatically on, together with the receiver and I'm hearing the news coming from the living room.

I've got a Harmony remote so I can access service menu (EZ Adjust, In Start) -verified.

If someone could share the necessary settings to disable this auto power-on feature, I'll be more than grateful.
Thanks in advance smile.gif

Anyone ?
post #3948 of 3957 Old 05-18-2014, 02:46 PM

Quote:

Anyone ?

I wasn't aware the TV had an auto-on feature (after outage). Your connected component(s) could be responsible for "waking" your TV through the chain of devices with "control for HDMI." Check each component for an auto-on setting and be sure it's off.
post #3949 of 3957 Old 05-19-2014, 03:11 AM

Jack, thanks for your answer.
Unfortunately this has nothing to do with external components.
If you read my first post #3935 it's a quote from @rahaziel mentioning this problem.

It's a "feature" of the TV. You can try it by yourself:
1. TV in stand-by, NO cables from any other sources connected, no network cable, only antenna smile.gif
Or you can let all your cables connected, it really doesn't matter to replicate this function.
2. Pull out mains cable from the wall.
3. Wait a couple of minutes (to fully drain inside capacitors)
4. Connect the power cable to the wall. Voila - the TV powers on without any intervention.
It's especially funny at night, while you sleep.mad.gif

Still waiting for a tip to disable it in service menu.
Thanks for your help.
post #3950 of 3957 Old 05-30-2014, 03:14 PM

Quote:

Jack, thanks for your answer.
Unfortunately this has nothing to do with external components.
If you read my first post #3935 it's a quote from @rahaziel mentioning this problem.

It's a "feature" of the TV. You can try it by yourself:
1. TV in stand-by, NO cables from any other sources connected, no network cable, only antenna smile.gif
Or you can let all your cables connected, it really doesn't matter to replicate this function.
2. Pull out mains cable from the wall.
3. Wait a couple of minutes (to fully drain inside capacitors)
4. Connect the power cable to the wall. Voila - the TV powers on without any intervention.
It's especially funny at night, while you sleep.mad.gif

Still waiting for a tip to disable it in service menu.
Thanks for your help.

Interesting. Mine hasn't done that when updating firmware--or when I've had the set unplugged for other reasons, such as cleaning--which I follow with powering down, then a capacitor draining unplugging and reconnecting...in all cases requiring me to hit the power button to turn on the TV. I'll re-test it, just to be sure this isn't in play with my set.
post #3951 of 3957 Old 05-30-2014, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I think LG is done doing a firmware update with our TV.

(2) Energy RC 70 towers
(1) Energy Veritas 2.0C center
(2) Energy Veritas 2.0R surrounds
(2) Energy RC LCR back surrounds
(1) Rythmik LV12R sub
(1) Denon 2112CI avr
(1) LG 55" LM7600 tv
post #3952 of 3957 Old 05-31-2014, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

I think LG is done doing a firmware update with our TV.

I'm sure they'll eventually want to update their terms of service and privacy policy again, so there'll be firmware updates for that much, if not performance related tweaks.
post #3953 of 3957 Old 06-12-2014, 05:34 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 39
Very doubtful.
post #3954 of 3957 Old 06-12-2014, 05:51 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 39
Re: TV turning on after power loss - Mine does not do that. Try turning off the TV from the TV, not the remote one time.
post #3955 of 3957 Old 06-13-2014, 01:25 PM

Let me ask a question. What do you guys have your 3D setting set too in term of depth? I noticed on my TV that at the extreme edges (left and right) of this TV that you get a slight distortion when viewing 3D scenes with many layers of depth. The left and right areas that do this are equal in size on each side and run vertically. It's just a very small sliver but noticeable. I guess I have always noticed this but didn't know if there was a way to adjust this. I don't think it's a defect because when 3D is off is works perfectly. Even in most 3D movies it only appears during certain sequences.
post #3956 of 3957 Old 06-13-2014, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarenG View Post
Let me ask a question. What do you guys have your 3D setting set too in term of depth? I noticed on my TV that at the extreme edges (left and right) of this TV that you get a slight distortion when viewing 3D scenes with many layers of depth. The left and right areas that do this are equal in size on each side and run vertically. It's just a very small sliver but noticeable. I guess I have always noticed this but didn't know if there was a way to adjust this. I don't think it's a defect because when 3D is off is works perfectly. Even in most 3D movies it only appears during certain sequences.

For genuine 3D content, I leave my settings centered (defaults); I imagine--though I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere--that represents the 3D closest to the intent of the filmmakers.

I've noticed the L/R vertical bands you describe, but only in 2D to 3D mode when there's a significant level of visual offset in the settings (major + or - 'Viewpoint' adjustment). I would guess that's caused by the two versions of the same image being offset from one another to create the simulated depth, without any cropping to compensate for the shift.

I find a little dab'll do you with 2D to 3D; going to extremes doesn't seem to enhance the experience beyond what's possible, say, with a depth of 12 and + or - 1 or 2 on Viewpoint. And keeping things modest prevents some of the oft cited shifting around of visual frames the LM7600 is known for in 2D to 3D (which causes eye fatigue).
post #3957 of 3957 Old 06-16-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarenG View Post

For genuine 3D content, I leave my settings centered (defaults); I imagine--though I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere--that represents the 3D closest to the intent of the filmmakers.

I've noticed the L/R vertical bands you describe, but only in 2D to 3D mode when there's a significant level of visual offset in the settings (major + or - 'Viewpoint' adjustment). I would guess that's caused by the two versions of the same image being offset from one another to create the simulated depth, without any cropping to compensate for the shift.

I find a little dab'll do you with 2D to 3D; going to extremes doesn't seem to enhance the experience beyond what's possible, say, with a depth of 12 and + or - 1 or 2 on Viewpoint. And keeping things modest prevents some of the oft cited shifting around of visual frames the LM7600 is known for in 2D to 3D (which causes eye fatigue).

Appreciate the response. I will check my settings. To be honest, I might have upped to the depth settings a bit which is probably causing those bands. I will turn it down to see what it does.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Displays , Onkyo Tx Nr609 7 2 Channel Network Thx Certified A V Receiver , Lg Nb3520a Sound Bar Audio System With Wireless Subwoofer Bluetooth Streaming , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page