Official LG XXLM7600 Owners Thread... - Page 133 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3961 of 3985 Old 07-24-2014, 05:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
My imagination maybe but things seem a little snappier going through menus and stuff. Went from .03 to .07 so tweren't much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3962 of 3985 Old 07-25-2014, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by flhthemi View Post
My imagination maybe but things seem a little snappier going through menus and stuff. Went from .03 to .07 so tweren't much.

I think I'm seeing that too; transitions from page to page--quick apps to inputs, to settings and SmartTV stuff--may be a wee bit faster.
post #3963 of 3985 Old 07-26-2014, 09:53 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hi guys, don't ya'll think they made a mistake about the 50 sharpness in the flatpanelhd review?

acklight 47
Contrast 85
Brightness: 50
V/H Sharpness: 50
Tint 0
Dynamic Contrast Off
Super Resolution Off
Colour Gamut Standard
Edge enhancer Off
Color Filter Off
Noise reduction Off
Mpeg noise reduction Off
Black level Low
LED local dimming Off
TruMotion Off
Color temperature Warm
Gamma 2.2
RGB Method 2 point
R high -6
G high -11
B high 18
R low -1
G low

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.p...&id=1333359799
post #3964 of 3985 Old 07-26-2014, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonheart View Post
Hi guys, don't ya'll think they made a mistake about the 50 sharpness in the flatpanelhd review?

Yes. I think that should be zero, or off.
post #3965 of 3985 Old 07-26-2014, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackN View Post
Yes. I think that should be zero, or off.
Thanks, I thought so too, how about this part where it says RGB were switched?

Note: The Eco option is set to On/Off in the table because it depends on your preferences. Eco is the automatic brightness adjuster that adjusts brightness according to the surroundings. It is a practical setting if you watch TV during both daytime and nighttime but if you have a home cinema with controlled lighting, I suggest that you leave it off.
Also, the RGB high and low settings were switched around on our LM7600 sample. Check to see if they are on your TV as well.
post #3966 of 3985 Old 07-27-2014, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonheart View Post
Thanks, I thought so too, how about this part where it says RGB were switched?

Note: The Eco option is set to On/Off in the table because it depends on your preferences. Eco is the automatic brightness adjuster that adjusts brightness according to the surroundings. It is a practical setting if you watch TV during both daytime and nighttime but if you have a home cinema with controlled lighting, I suggest that you leave it off.
Also, the RGB high and low settings were switched around on our LM7600 sample. Check to see if they are on your TV as well.

Not sure whether they mean the settings were mislabeled, performing a different function than listed...or if they were displayed in the wrong order, etc. As for layout, my LM7600 is as flatpanels depicts.

Another recommended, more detailed calibration from CNET (the main review page is available in the link at the top of the page):

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-19410_10...;threadListing
post #3967 of 3985 Old 07-28-2014, 02:11 PM

Where the heck is this "ECO" setting? Could they really mean maybe EBU from the color gamut?
post #3968 of 3985 Old 07-28-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Where the heck is this "ECO" setting? Could they really mean maybe EBU from the color gamut?

It refers to the Energy Saving setting, which is under: Settings, Picture Menu, and appears as "Energy Saving."
post #3969 of 3985 Old 09-14-2014, 05:33 PM

Have a problem..

2 times in the past couple of weeks, for no apparent reason, my 7600 just starts emitting a very high pitch. It's coming from the TV but not via the speakers. It's about the same pitch as a smoke alarm but a steady tone not like beeping. It's so loud you just about can not have a conversation. Everything else is normal but it also looses audio out to the surround amp and internal speakers. I can stop it by powering off the TV.

Not a real great situation for a TV less than 2 years old.

Anyone had this issue or heard of it?

Last edited by flhthemi; 09-14-2014 at 05:39 PM.
post #3970 of 3985 Old 09-21-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Perkins View Post
I am using the Cnet settings with sharpness at 20 and local dimming at med. Looks great. :roll eyes:
Hi, I was wondering if you still use those settings? Thanks
post #3971 of 3985 Old 09-21-2014, 01:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Much as I am turning into a crusty OF these days, and I get irate at anything that I don't think is fair or justified (or reasonable), in this case I just turned around bent over to pick up the soap in the shower and I let LG have their way with me.
I can tell you I bought a Samsung Smart TV for my father-in-law when he moved up the street recently - I did not buy an LG. And I kept my kid from buying one when he moved into his new house and wanted large TV plastered on his LR wall. He got a Vizio. I've told everyone who would listen about my issues with LG and will never buy another of their products. Even my new Haswell PC, instead of an LG WH14NS40 BR/DVD writer, I got a Pioneer BDR-2209! Times are getting tough...just wait til Alibaba runs Amazon out of business.
A thanks to all contributing to this board - very educating. Wish I didn't have to read.
post #3972 of 3985 Old 09-23-2014, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBWIII

The TV outputs 5.1 channel sound if the source is the TV (e.g., its tuner or an app like Netflix). It does not pass 5.1 channel sound out of its optical or HDMI ARC if the input is another HDMI device like a Blu-ray or cable box.

Almost every TV is the same in this respect. If you're thinking "hey... that means that a 5.1 soundbar--which promised easy setup via one optical cable--is useless!" then you're correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa8 View Post
Sure it does. As the poster above, I have my Dish network receiver connected to my TV.(n one configuration, and directly to my audio receiver also) If I use the optical out to my audio receiver, the sound is 5.1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMcCraryNJ
Don't think that's correct. I have a cable box, PS3, and 360 connected to the TV via HDMI, and an optical cable going from the TV to a 7.1 Onkyo receiver. Doing it this way because the receiver is an older model that does not support 3D, ARC, or Deep Color.

My receiver gets a 5.1 signal from every source.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flhthemi
Same here. PS3, AT&T Uverse STB send 5.1 to my Yamaha amp via optical outpit.

I am revisiting this subject. I've got a 13 year old Sony receiver STR-DE945, non-HDMI equipped, that has 2 optical audio inputs. My PS3's sound is connected to one of these optical inputs. The LG LM7600's audio is hooked up to the other optical audio input. Obviously, if I play the PS3 I get 5.1 surround sound. If I watch streaming videos via Amazon or Vudu using the LG TV apps I get 5.1 surround sound. If I watch video content recorded on an external hard drive or USB thumb drive through the USB port on the LM7600 I get 5.1 surround sound. The only time I don't get 5.1 surround is when I watch TV through my Comcast Xfinity Cisco RNG 200 cable box, which is hooked up to the LM7600 via HDMI cable.

I've checked all the audio settings on the cable box--I can't get 5.1 surround from the cable box through the TV. I've got the latest updates for the TV. If I hook up the optical cable between the cable box and the Sony receiver I get 5.1 surround. But then I have to monkey with the A/V synch controls. And if I want to watch content on the external hard drive I have to swap the optical cable from the cable box output to the TV output.

What is the difference between my setup/equipment and you other guys so that you are able to get 5.1 surround sound from TV to receiver and I can't?

Did you guys do the hack described here?:
Official LG XXLM7600 Owners Thread...

This is infuriating...
post #3973 of 3985 Old 09-23-2014, 06:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 39
You will see the very next post in your link is mine saying I did indeed make that change and it worked. I did not use the RCA remote as my Harmony remote automatically populates the needed commands to get to that menu when you put in you have an LG7600.
I thought I read newer manufactured 7600's came with the correct setting but I could be wrong. I see it as the only time you do not get 5.1 is when the sound comes from an HDMI cable. My first thought is your audio receiver is too old to get that source from an HDMI cable.

Last edited by tampa8; 09-23-2014 at 06:51 PM.
post #3974 of 3985 Old 09-23-2014, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa8 View Post
You will see the very next post in your link is mine saying I did indeed make that change and it worked. I did not use the RCA remote as my Harmony remote automatically populates the needed commands to get to that menu when you put in you have an LG7600.
I thought I read newer manufactured 7600's came with the correct setting but I could be wrong. I see it as the only time you do not get 5.1 is when the sound comes from an HDMI cable. My first thought is your audio receiver is too old to get that source from an HDMI cable.
Good to see you are still on this thread, Tampa8. I guess my question about the hack was directed at MMcCraryNJ and flhthemi, as I had searched this thread for any posts by them mentioning audio, 5.1, and the hack but I didn't find anything. I'm going to assume they did it.

My cable box is connected to the TV with an HDMI cable. The TV sound output goes through an optical cable to the audio receiver as I don't have HDMI inputs on my receiver. As I said, I can get 5.1 surround from my TV through the optical cable to my receiver if the source is Amazon Prime Video or Vudu or if I use a recorded source from an external drive via the USB ports on the TV. Just not through the HDMI connected to the cable box.

I guess I'll have to do the hack.
post #3975 of 3985 Old 09-25-2014, 04:14 PM

My 55LM7600 is not hacked. I use AT&T U-Verse, also a Cisco box. I have Yamaha amp that is a 2007 model, no HDMI. Here's my audio path;

From U-Verse box to TV HDMI
From TV Optical out to optical in on Yamaha

ALL sound from the TV comes out my optical output

HDMI 1 - AT&T U-Verse
HDMI 2 - Ugoos UT2 Android TV box (for XBMC)
HDMI 3- Empty
HDMI 4 - PS3

This way I don't have to change the Yamaha inputs as all of it comes to the amp from the optical OUTon the TV.

Since the Comcast cable box is the only one not passing 5.1 maybe it has a problem. Have you a way to connect it to another amp to check it. Being a cable box you probably can't drag it to a friend's house though. So maybe a service call might be in order.

Last edited by flhthemi; 09-25-2014 at 04:20 PM.
post #3976 of 3985 Old 09-26-2014, 04:03 PM

Quote:
My 55LM7600 is not hacked. I use AT&T U-Verse, also a Cisco box. I have Yamaha amp that is a 2007 model, no HDMI. Here's my audio path;

From U-Verse box to TV HDMI
From TV Optical out to optical in on Yamaha

ALL sound from the TV comes out my optical output

HDMI 1 - AT&T U-Verse
HDMI 2 - Ugoos UT2 Android TV box (for XBMC)
HDMI 3- Empty
HDMI 4 - PS3

This way I don't have to change the Yamaha inputs as all of it comes to the amp from the optical OUTon the TV.

Since the Comcast cable box is the only one not passing 5.1 maybe it has a problem. Have you a way to connect it to another amp to check it. Being a cable box you probably can't drag it to a friend's house though. So maybe a service call might be in order.
I don't think it's the box. I went through a phase a year and a half ago where I want through several Comcast boxes and never had 5.1 surround. I hooked the audio from cable box to amp on Wednesday night and I had 5.1 but the audio and video weren't synced. I suppose I could take the Comcast box hooked up to my other TV and connect it to my 7600, just to be sure it isn't my box.

What software version is your TV running?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
post #3977 of 3985 Old 09-26-2014, 04:38 PM

I'm on v06.04.07, which I believe is the most recent.

Sometimes my ATT box gets the audio out of sync. Changing channels briefly, fixes it. But it usually isn't off very much.

Sure is a strange situation....
post #3978 of 3985 Old 09-27-2014, 10:08 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by powrwrap View Post
Good to see you are still on this thread, Tampa8. I guess my question about the hack was directed at MMcCraryNJ and flhthemi, as I had searched this thread for any posts by them mentioning audio, 5.1, and the hack but I didn't find anything. I'm going to assume they did it.

My cable box is connected to the TV with an HDMI cable. The TV sound output goes through an optical cable to the audio receiver as I don't have HDMI inputs on my receiver. As I said, I can get 5.1 surround from my TV through the optical cable to my receiver if the source is Amazon Prime Video or Vudu or if I use a recorded source from an external drive via the USB ports on the TV. Just not through the HDMI connected to the cable box.

I guess I'll have to do the hack.
I never did the hack either. Just connected and set the audio options on the TV.

Since I made that post, I've gotten new video sources. So here is my signal routing:

PS4
PS3
Dish Network Hopper w/ Sling
Google ChromeCast

Each goes directly into the TV via HDMI 1-4. No other audio cables are connected from each source.

One optical cable from the TV optical output to an Onkyo 7.1 input.

Each source passes Dolby 5.1 from HDMI into the TV, and the TV passes it from the optical audio output into the receiver. The receiver indicates it is receiving a Dolby 5.1 source and the audio channels are all outputting to the speakers correctly (dialog in center speaker, music/sfx in left/right, etc)

I would check the settings on the Comcast box in your case, play around with it and see if you can get it to work. Cable boxes are known for not having the most wonderful or stable audio output. Other than that, it could be as tampa8 mentioned, that earlier model 7600s don't do it unless you perform the hack, while later produced units have it set up from factory. I can't tell you when mine was manufactured, but I bought it very late in the yearly cycle (It's a 2012 release and I bought it February of 2013).
post #3979 of 3985 Old 09-28-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMcCraryNJ View Post
I never did the hack either. Just connected and set the audio options on the TV.

Since I made that post, I've gotten new video sources. So here is my signal routing:

PS4
PS3
Dish Network Hopper w/ Sling
Google ChromeCast

Each goes directly into the TV via HDMI 1-4. No other audio cables are connected from each source.

One optical cable from the TV optical output to an Onkyo 7.1 input.

Each source passes Dolby 5.1 from HDMI into the TV, and the TV passes it from the optical audio output into the receiver. The receiver indicates it is receiving a Dolby 5.1 source and the audio channels are all outputting to the speakers correctly (dialog in center speaker, music/sfx in left/right, etc)

I would check the settings on the Comcast box in your case, play around with it and see if you can get it to work. Cable boxes are known for not having the most wonderful or stable audio output. Other than that, it could be as tampa8 mentioned, that earlier model 7600s don't do it unless you perform the hack, while later produced units have it set up from factory. I can't tell you when mine was manufactured, but I bought it very late in the yearly cycle (It's a 2012 release and I bought it February of 2013).
Thanks for the info. I think you may have the answer in the manufacturing date. I bought my set in June 2012; I think it was made in April 2012. Hopefully flhthemi will chime in with his manufacturing date.

I checked my cable box. According to Comcast forums it is supposed to "automatically pass 5.1 dolby surround". I checked the audio settings on the box and it should be activated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
post #3980 of 3985 Old 09-29-2014, 06:53 PM

Manufactured Sept 2012

Pic attached with more info that might be worth comparison.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tv.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	286242  

Last edited by flhthemi; 09-29-2014 at 07:11 PM.
post #3981 of 3985 Old 10-03-2014, 05:24 PM

Thanks for the info. I need to pull the trigger on a cheap remote that will be able to do this hack.
post #3982 of 3985 Old 10-06-2014, 11:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Does anyone know how to get out of the engineering firmware and back to the release firmware? When I try to apply the release firmware, it complains the firmware version is older than the engineering version loaded because of the different version numbers used.
post #3983 of 3985 Old 10-08-2014, 10:32 AM

Hello! I am hoping somebody can give me some leads on how to fix the ghosting issue on my 47LM7600.

I've had this TV for a couple of years, but never really paid close attention to the movies I watched. Lately, I have been noticing ghosting or motion blur during fast movements, like hand movements. I would see a small trail when somebody moves their hands.

I've tried all different TruMotion settings, but can't seem to get rid of it or reduce it. Did anybody have experience with this issue on this particular TV?
post #3984 of 3985 Old 10-08-2014, 09:54 PM

Motion

The only surefire way I found was to load a film onto a flash drive formatted for PC not Mac and plug it directly into the TV. Motion is perfect this way. Enjoy.
post #3985 of 3985 Old 10-13-2014, 03:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakCrow View Post
Does anyone know how to get out of the engineering firmware and back to the release firmware? When I try to apply the release firmware, it complains the firmware version is older than the engineering version loaded because of the different version numbers used.
You don't say why, is there a problem? Reverting is very risky especially if you use apps, because the apps don't necessarily revert. If you do a google search there is a way,a very complicated way that I won't even give a link to because I just know someone somewhere will brick their TV. I am on the Engineering firmware with no problems at all.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Displays , Onkyo Tx Nr609 7 2 Channel Network Thx Certified A V Receiver , Lg Nb3520a Sound Bar Audio System With Wireless Subwoofer Bluetooth Streaming , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page