Official LG XXLM7600 Owners Thread... - Page 136 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #4051 of 4052 Old 01-09-2017, 08:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBWIII View Post

I think, based on when I used to have a Chromecast plugged into the TV, then the audio from the TV going out to my Yamaha AVR through optical, that the TV does pass 5.1 audio from HDMI inputs out through optical. I'm not 100% sure, though. Why don't you just test it and see? An optical cable from Amazon can't be more than a few bucks, right? Your AVR will tell you how many channels it's receiving.
I tried it with my Xbox One. But it's having issues passing 5.1 through to the AVR too. So that test failed likely due to Xbox. I'll find another source and try again. Just need to rewire some things to test it out. Thought I'd see if anyone knew for sure first. Like I said my first attempt failed for other reasons.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4052 of 4052 Old 01-30-2017, 08:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi I have a vizio sb3831 and a lg lm7600 tv with magic remote (like a wii controller) connected by optical audio and I would like to control and power on the soundbar with the tv remote. I went looking around online and found that some people have been able to do this with settings on the tv but the place where you set it (device controller) does not appear on my tv. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Displays , Onkyo Tx Nr609 7 2 Channel Network Thx Certified A V Receiver , Lg Nb3520a Sound Bar Audio System With Wireless Subwoofer Bluetooth Streaming , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page