Official LG XXLM7600 Owners Thread... - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 4020 Old 05-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 75
OK, here is something I haven't figured out yet.

I can't get the 7600 to pass Pandora to my reciever unless the TV speaker is on. If I hit mute or go into the audio controls and turn the internal speakers off the Pandora audio signal drops to zero. My reciever still "sees" the digital signal but it has no content.

With the TV speaker on and not-muted, the audio comes through and plays from the reciever but the sound quality is killed by the overlapping TV speakers.

What am I overlooking
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 4020 Old 05-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Advanced Member

I know these sets are just really beginning to hit the stores and this requst is probably early, but ...

Anyone managed to get a tech manual for the 7600 series. The standard owners manual is, well, kinda, SUCKY .

The owners manual has absolutely ZERO information describing the various settings, menus, and features. This set has a lot of settings and I have no idea what many of them actually do.

Many of these are "universa"l type settings like color and tint and are semi-obvious but it would have been nice to mention the set has built in set-up patterns and color filters to set accurate levels with.

Last night I found three new settings grass, sky, and skin. What do these do? What other menus haven't I even found yet?

I am finding that this set can produce a great image but it really takes a very carefully configured set of parameters. Just having one of the major setting off by 10% makes a big difference in the overall PQ.
post #543 of 4020 Old 05-03-2012, 05:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyGillis View Post

Thanks! I did try the ARC and so far have not been able to get it working properly. Perhaps my HDMI cable is just not up to the job. ??

Maybe; if its relatively "new" it will probably support the latest HDMI features and the pass-through is another issue. If its "old" in may not be capable of passing full audio or video. I think its a bigger issue when you are connecting a new reciever with HDMI connections. The HDMI "standard" changes continuously and some of the older cabling just doesn't work with all the new features of the latest "standard". I think we are at HDMI 1.4 now.

Another possible "complication" with all these digital signals is that the source has digital copy protection on it. If the TV detects DCP (digital copy protection) in the stream it may just pass stereo so you can't copy the full stream ((THIS IS COMPLETE SPECULATION but I'll throw it out there for someone who knows))
post #544 of 4020 Old 05-03-2012, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyGillis View Post

Thanks! I did try the ARC and so far have not been able to get it working properly. Perhaps my HDMI cable is just not up to the job. ??

I did brought up this while back..i have samsung D6500 Home theater and had everything fine about arc on,hdmi arc capable and so on..I did get my blue ray sound in home theater but was no way able to get the local tv sound in home theater speaker.Was on call with LG and Samsung support for long and nothing worked out. Tried changing the cables and still no sound. Then switched to digital optical audio cable and now m all set. But still not clear why not able to get Tv audio in home theater speaker through ARC?
post #545 of 4020 Old 05-03-2012, 07:57 PM

I know its not the forums for deal but amazon price has dropped back to $1299/-
post #546 of 4020 Old 05-03-2012, 09:56 PM
dfp
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sat9090 View Post

Wow that's interesting. Was planning to go for basic cable for local channels think you just saved me $$. My apts are little on hill top would it affect in any way when u say flat terrain?? Also tried putting my zipcode on link u provided i am confused about "Select your preferred antenna type by choosing the color code that matches the stations you want to view. "

The list show just 2 or 3 channels which are under 24 miles while other's are all 33 miles and onward (: . Little novice would appreciate if you can guide..thanks in advance

The antenna type questions are for folks who want an outdoor antenna. I just used the website to find out that all our local stations are due north 24 miles. Most of the stations came in on the antenna loop without turning on the power. Two of them required the power be turned on. Since all were all due north, I didn't have to turn or move the antenna at all.

There are also a bunch of stations from another nearby city, but they are due south, 32 miles away. I can't get any of them, even with the antenna powered on.

We live in a one story home and the TV and antenna are in the northwest corner of the house. If you live on a hilltop, you might do better. I also tried an Emerson amplified indoor antenna and it was nearly as good as the RCA. I picked up the RCA at Target, but I've seen it in Walmart. If you open it carefully and it doesn't work, you probably could return it.

I also bought a small amplifier for $20 at Best Buy and hooked it to a beat up 37 year old roof antenna for a neighbor to pick up 2 additional stations she couldn't get without it.
post #547 of 4020 Old 05-04-2012, 04:10 PM

I recently got my 55lm7600 and have time to watch a few movies and calibrate it. It has a very nice picture but I would have to say my60D8000 from Samsung is a little better. The picture seems sharper overall on the 60D8000.

I have not watched any 3d to compare yet.

I do not have any flashlighting or banding that I have noticed on the 55lm7600. My 60d8000 has a little flaslighting in 2 corners but the cinema black feature takes care of those issues during letterbox movies. Never noticeable any other time.

Overall both are great displays.
post #548 of 4020 Old 05-04-2012, 06:26 PM

Received and mounted the replacement 55lm7600 today. While I haven't had
much time to tweak it and look for issues, I did test for flash lighting/bleeding with some of the same source material that was problematic before, and first glance was showing little to no issues. I'm hopeful that continues and will post pictures of the before/after when I have a chance.
post #549 of 4020 Old 05-05-2012, 07:15 AM

I just got mine and it is exhibiting some light bleeding in several spots. Very evident when there is no signal. Of course I can return but hate to get another set with the same issue. Is it due to the extremely thin bezel?

And is it mostly a cosmetic issue, because it does go away when I have a signal
post #550 of 4020 Old 05-05-2012, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Father View Post

I just got mine and it is exhibiting some light bleeding in several spots. Very evident when there is no signal. Of course I can return but hate to get another set with the same issue. Is it due to the extremely thin bezel?

And is it mostly a cosmetic issue, because it does go away when I have a signal

Even i have same issue. But what i am told from the forum helpers is local dimming or picture setting wont work during no signal page,which if it is true then its ok. Even in my case during playing any sort of video i cannot see even slightest bleeding. I am at the end of 2nd week and in total confusion what if return and new piece would then have bleeding in videos too.

If you dont mind please check on youtube screen were u need to select search/mytube and so on..are you able to see bleeding their?? I am able to see just during that page were you need to select the youtube options.
post #551 of 4020 Old 05-05-2012, 08:07 AM

I can see it on the youtube page but most prominent after you select a video and the tv is preparing to play and all goes black
post #552 of 4020 Old 05-05-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Father View Post

I can see it on the youtube page but most prominent after you select a video and the tv is preparing to play and all goes black

Same here..i am totally confused..if you see my post in the past i have even posted pics and somebody replied me saying picture options are not on input screens...what do u plan to do??
post #553 of 4020 Old 05-05-2012, 09:26 AM
Advanced Member

Still setting up the 7600 and started looking at the apps. Am I missing something ? Everyting in the LG app store (free or fee) appears to be garbage. Based on content, apps appear to be a useless feature on LG sets.
post #554 of 4020 Old 05-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpollagi View Post

Still setting up the 7600 and started looking at the apps. Am I missing something ? Everyting in the LG app store (free or fee) appears to be garbage. Based on content, apps appear to be a useless feature on LG sets.

you mean you don't like the K-Pop app?!

You know you like Korean Pop!

post #555 of 4020 Old 05-05-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:

Same here..i am totally confused..if you see my post in the past i have even posted pics and somebody replied me saying picture options are not on input screens...what do u plan to do??

Don't worry just enjoy the tv set, you only see the bleeding when there is no signal...when will you watch a tv without signal...?....
Like you say before its because without signal the local dimming does not work...
post #556 of 4020 Old 05-05-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modde239 View Post

Don't worry just enjoy the tv set, you only see the bleeding when there is no signal...when will you watch a tv without signal...?....
Like you say before its because without signal the local dimming does not work...

Yes, I think this is want I am going to do. One of the trade offs of getting a thin bezel model. The picture is gorgeous. A heck of a lot better than my five year old Samsung (to be expected)
post #557 of 4020 Old 05-05-2012, 07:38 PM

Is there anyway to map the trumotion button to a Harmony 880?

I like to change settings depending on what I am watching and would like a one button access.
post #558 of 4020 Old 05-06-2012, 07:50 AM
Advanced Member

OK, so last night with only a single small lamp in the room for lighting I put in Harry Potter, Half Blood Prince (to entertain some guests) and I find myself out of my normal straigt-on viewing position and sitting to the side at about 35-40 degrees from the panel.

Aweful, awefuuul, awwwwefuullll picture. This movie is very dark and has very little color in it and really showed me how bad the black level on this set is. This was from a standard DVD over HDMI from an average BluRay player that had been set-up with the AVS set up disk. All the other settings had been optimized as well.

The "black" letter-box bars are not black; there is enough light pouring out of the panel that true-black (as guaged by the thin bands of the bezel) is probably 4 steps lower (on a 10 step scale) than what I am getting. Sitting to the side makes everything worse. The off angle viewing from this set is very poor. Not only does the black level get worse but the contrast drops off rapidly since the brightness also drops off.

Movie ends and I switched over to Saturday Night Live from an OTA broadcast in HD. Pow, bright and colorful full screen image that looked great. The angular drop off is still present but not nearly as noticeable on bright image comtent.

The set works great on bright content but you can really see the shortcommings of edge-lit LED/LCD on dark content. If this is an IPS panel then I also have to conclude that IPS is greatly over-rated for superior viewing angle.

Maybe plasma is the only current way to get a better black level and maybe all the LED sets have black-level problems. I'm putting this out there for anyone considering their options. The contrast ratio is high because the brights are VERY bright, not because the blacks are deep.
post #559 of 4020 Old 05-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Advanced Member

Yesterday I was channel surfing and found a playoff game on a strong HD brocast channel. Expecting to be dazzled with this new set I actually found myself rather disappointed. On stationary images with a lot of white in them the panel looks relatively uniform but when the image is put in motion, from the constant back-and-forth panning of the camera, the screen non-uniformities come to life. Inconsistent, irregular, "rays" and blotches starting at the edge and running inward about 6 to 8 inches along about 1/3 the length of the bottom of the screen. There may be more on the top as well but the camera has the dark crowd and arena at the top so its not "white". Probably on the sides also but they don't pan the camera up and down so you can't see the effect.

Its not banding from the local dimmimg; I was happy to find I couldn't notice any banding at all. I think this is kinda like "reverse flashlighting". All those non-uniformities that can be seen in a dark room with no input that "disappear" when you apply a signal come back to life in reverse on bright images. Content like a hockey game brings them out.
post #560 of 4020 Old 05-06-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:

Yesterday I was channel surfing and found a playoff game on a strong HD brocast channel. Expecting to be dazzled with this new set I actually found myself rather disappointed. On stationary images with a lot of white in them the panel looks relatively uniform but when the image is put in motion, from the constant back-and-forth panning of the camera, the screen non-uniformities come to life. Inconsistent, irregular, "rays" and blotches starting at the edge and running inward about 6 to 8 inches along about 1/3 the length of the bottom of the screen. There may be more on the top as well but the camera has the dark crowd and arena at the top so its not "white". Probably on the sides also but they don't pan the camera up and down so you can't see the effect.

Its not banding from the local dimmimg; I was happy to find I couldn't notice any banding at all. I think this is kinda like "reverse flashlighting". All those non-uniformities that can be seen in a dark room with no input that "disappear" when you apply a signal come back to life in reverse on bright images. Content like a hockey game brings them out.

I don't know if we have different calibrations, but I've had friends over to watch basketball and hockey in hd through uverse and we all thought it was amazing. I didn't notice any blur or any of these "rays" you talk about. Nobody really cared for the 2d to 3d though.
post #561 of 4020 Old 05-06-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:

OK, so last night with only a single small lamp in the room for lighting I put in Harry Potter, Half Blood Prince (to entertain some guests) and I find myself out of my normal straigt-on viewing position and sitting to the side at about 35-40 degrees from the panel.

Aweful, awefuuul, awwwwefuullll picture. This movie is very dark and has very little color in it and really showed me how bad the black level on this set is. This was from a standard DVD over HDMI from an average BluRay player that had been set-up with the AVS set up disk. All the other settings had been optimized as well.

The "black" letter-box bars are not black; there is enough light pouring out of the panel that true-black (as guaged by the thin bands of the bezel) is probably 4 steps lower (on a 10 step scale) than what I am getting. Sitting to the side makes everything worse. The off angle viewing from this set is very poor. Not only does the black level get worse but the contrast drops off rapidly since the brightness also drops off.

Movie ends and I switched over to Saturday Night Live from an OTA broadcast in HD. Pow, bright and colorful full screen image that looked great. The angular drop off is still present but not nearly as noticeable on bright image comtent.

The set works great on bright content but you can really see the shortcommings of edge-lit LED/LCD on dark content. If this is an IPS panel then I also have to conclude that IPS is greatly over-rated for superior viewing angle.

Maybe plasma is the only current way to get a better black level and maybe all the LED sets have black-level problems. I'm putting this out there for anyone considering their options. The contrast ratio is high because the brights are VERY bright, not because the blacks are deep.

Can you post your settings?
I watched a bunch of letterbox videos and they all look great. Also, were the settings calibrated for a bright room?
post #562 of 4020 Old 05-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Advanced Member

I was just introduced to this set yesterday. I had been casually following the LG threads waiting to see when the 9600 model comes out as that is the one with the same type of dimming as the Sony HX929 sets, but I had not been following the 7600 models per se.

Yesterday, my wife and I stopped by an HH Greg store to see if they had both the 55" Sony HX929 model and the 55" Samsuing ES8000 models in the same room with the same video feed. They had the 60" Samsung and the 55" Sony and we went back and forth between them looking at the image quaity of one vis a vis the other. We ended up not being overly thrilled with either one. The Sony was too muted and the Samsung was too bright.

The salesman asked me to look at the 55" LG 7600 set, and it looked very good. The image quality seemed to combine the best traits of the Sony and Samsung- had a richness of color the Sony lacked while avoiding the brashness of the Samsung.

At the beginning, all 3 sets were in vivid mode, but I had the salesman put all 3 in standard / normal mode. Either way, I preferred the LG.

Have others compared the LG 7600 specifically to the HX929 sets / the ES8000 sets? If so, was wondering what the opinions are.

I am tempted to buy the 7600 now rather than waiting to look at the 9600 sets.

Thanks
Bruce
post #563 of 4020 Old 05-06-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:

While I can't say that I've conducted any scientific tests with varying content, I will say my experience with both of the 55lm7600s we've owned (now on our second), I've been very impressed by the off angle viewing. When we do a family movie night with the kids, my wife and I sit look bookends on our sectional, both being considerably off center, and the picture looks great.

In fact, there's a spot in the corner of the room on the same wall as the tv where we have a little chair. I'll sit there sometimes when we let our daughter watch some Disney Jr., and while obviously that content is very bright, I'm impressed at how good the picture is at about a 15-20 degree angle.
post #564 of 4020 Old 05-06-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceOmega View Post

Have others compared the LG 7600 specifically to the HX929 sets / the ES8000 sets? If so, was wondering what the opinions are.

Thanks
Bruce

I didn't get to do a side-by-side with the Sony, buy did between the LG 7600 and the Samsung es8000, and we both preferred the pic (and my wife really preferred the bezel) of the LG lm7600.
post #565 of 4020 Old 05-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB23 View Post

I didn't get to do a side-by-side with the Sony, buy did between the LG 7600 and the Samsung es8000, and we both preferred the pic (and my wife really preferred the bezel) of the LG lm7600.

Thank you, appreciate the feedback.
post #566 of 4020 Old 05-06-2012, 04:19 PM

I have got the LG 55LM760 (europe) for about 3 weeks and I have to say I love this set....sure its not perfect but there is no perfect tv....just don't analyse your tv with a microscope you will always find something wrong with it.....just enjoy....
post #567 of 4020 Old 05-06-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB23 View Post

While I can't say that I've conducted any scientific tests with varying content, I will say my experience with both of the 55lm7600s we've owned (now on our second), I've been very impressed by the off angle viewing. When we do a family movie night with the kids, my wife and I sit look bookends on our sectional, both being considerably off center, and the picture looks great.

In fact, there's a spot in the corner of the room on the same wall as the tv where we have a little chair. I'll sit there sometimes when we let our daughter watch some Disney Jr., and while obviously that content is very bright, I'm impressed at how good the picture is at about a 15-20 degree angle.

And is this same even with dark screens..i mean r u happy with black levels??
post #568 of 4020 Old 05-06-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:

That's still up for debate. I haven't had an issue with it yet, but haven't watched any really dark material late. It's in our main family room, so it usually goes from a few children's shows to basketball or baseball pretty quickly. Once I get a chance to put it through its paces with Dark Knight and Inception, I'll post further feedback. Can't promise that anytime soon though.
post #569 of 4020 Old 05-06-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:

I am very happy with the black level on my LG 55LM760, before this set I had a LG 60" plasma and the blacks are much better on the LM760 compared to the LG plasma.....
post #570 of 4020 Old 05-07-2012, 11:55 AM

Im contemplating whether to take back my second LM7600 set due to flashlighting.

the model on display at BB has absolutely zero issues with this, deep blacks all the way to the edge even on Vivid with the backlight jacked all the way up. So it seems that its possible to have one without this issue, no matter what your settings are.
What Im wondering is if being on for 2 months continuously has helped the store display???

the other strange issue is that BB does not have this set in inventory fo rmuch of the Middle Atlantic (Im in NC). Its been that way for a month and they said they werent even able to order one. Yes its a new set but its been out for 2 months now.I dont get the inventory issues? Wonder if there are production issues?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Displays , Onkyo Tx Nr609 7 2 Channel Network Thx Certified A V Receiver , Lg Nb3520a Sound Bar Audio System With Wireless Subwoofer Bluetooth Streaming , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page