Official LG XXLM7600 Owners Thread... - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #631 of 3984 Old 05-16-2012, 07:19 AM
Member
 
surfin3591's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpollagi View Post

No, power cycling is not normal. If you are having this problem on a second set, I'm more inclined to think the problem may be with your power. Are you seeing any indication in the rest of your house with momentary power "pops" or voltage drops? If you are plugged in through a power conditioner; it may be failing.

I don't think it is my power. I have my TV and components all plugged in a Monster Cable surge protector, and I havent had any components or TVs cycle power prior to this new TV. I also read in the 6700 series thread that a few people have had the same thing happen. LG has diagnosed one persons as a faulty power cable/supply in the TV. Others think it may be related to the HDMI because they didn't experience the issue when streaming straight over WiFi to the TV vs. watching an HDMI source. Im not sure what could be the issue. I am just tired of replacing TV's, especially since this 3rd one doesnt have any flashlighting issues. It just arrived from LG on Friday, so it is their latest batch of TVs straight from Korea (or wherever they are made). I've never had these kinds of issues with LG, I have 3 other LG TV's that are great.
surfin3591 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #632 of 3984 Old 05-16-2012, 07:27 PM
Newbie
 
pokermadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahby View Post

Is your hard drive formatted to fat32 or ntsf?

No idea. I have a WD My passport 1 tb drive. I literally took it out of the box, copied some movies to it and plugged it into the tv.

To the person with the power issues, I have never had that happen once, and we've had the tv on for 8+ hrs many many times
pokermadness is offline  
post #633 of 3984 Old 05-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Member
 
ben12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfin3591 View Post

Ok...has anybody experienced this with their 7600 series? After watching tv for a few hours, the tv turns itself off and then back on a few seconds later. I am on my third set after flash lighting issues on the first two sets, but this issue occurred on one of the prior sets I had and my current set. I don't have any energy saving settings on or tv timers, it just cycles the power on its own. Is this normal or could it be a feature built in if the tv is overheating or something?

Check out the customer comments on Amazon for the LG LM8600 55". Two different buyers report a similar problem on the 8600 similar to yours. Their unit would turn off and restart or they would just lose the signal for a time and it would come back on. Both the 8600 and 7600 share much of the same build. Sounds like it could be a manufactures problem.
ben12345 is offline  
post #634 of 3984 Old 05-17-2012, 06:15 AM
Newbie
 
T0mmyL33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfin3591 View Post

I don't think it is my power. I have my TV and components all plugged in a Monster Cable surge protector, and I havent had any components or TVs cycle power prior to this new TV. I also read in the 6700 series thread that a few people have had the same thing happen. LG has diagnosed one persons as a faulty power cable/supply in the TV. Others think it may be related to the HDMI because they didn't experience the issue when streaming straight over WiFi to the TV vs. watching an HDMI source. Im not sure what could be the issue. I am just tired of replacing TV's, especially since this 3rd one doesnt have any flashlighting issues. It just arrived from LG on Friday, so it is their latest batch of TVs straight from Korea (or wherever they are made). I've never had these kinds of issues with LG, I have 3 other LG TV's that are great.

Zero flashlighting???

Do you mind looking the date the TV was manufactured. I'm trying to determine if LG has finally fixed the flashlighting problem.

Although the power cycle problem is just as bad.
T0mmyL33 is offline  
post #635 of 3984 Old 05-17-2012, 06:54 AM
Senior Member
 
brahby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What settings is everyone using to minimize flashlighting? I feel like no matter how much I play with the local dimming, in any movie with letterbox the letterbox is not a deep black. Almost like a reflective black. This is on 2d blu rays in a dark room. I do not want to return it to the store I purchased it from because of issues I am having with them but I may make a call to lg. I just wondered what everyone else's settings were like for local dimming, gamma, dynamic contrast, dynamics color, energy savings mode, anything that could reduce the bleeding. I have already turned the backlight down to 50
brahby is offline  
post #636 of 3984 Old 05-17-2012, 06:59 AM
Member
 
aaronwalker1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I am getting this tv delivered today. I hope I get a good one.
aaronwalker1974 is offline  
post #637 of 3984 Old 05-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Member
 
modde239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You will not find a flashlighting free edge led tv....its just the way it is....
modde239 is offline  
post #638 of 3984 Old 05-17-2012, 09:04 AM
Senior Member
 
brahby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I understand that but this set has way worse than any of the 4 Sony sets I have ever owned that were all edge lit

Edit: didn't you previously post in here saying your set was in fact flashlight free?
brahby is offline  
post #639 of 3984 Old 05-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Member
 
modde239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahby View Post

I understand that but this set has way worse than any of the 4 Sony sets I have ever owned that were all edge lit

Edit: didn't you previously post in here saying your set was in fact flashlight free?

You are right I did just when I got my tv....rarely I see some flashlighting in the right hand corner....thats for me no problem....I just know its inherent to this kind of tv system....nobody will find a 100% flashlighting free edge led tv.....
modde239 is offline  
post #640 of 3984 Old 05-17-2012, 09:55 AM
Senior Member
 
brahby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by modde239 View Post


You are right I did just when I got my tv....rarely I see some flashlighting in the right hand corner....thats for me no problem....I just know its inherent to this kind of tv system....nobody will find a 100% flashlighting free edge led tv.....

Yeah like I said I'm not expecting flashlight free. My sonys had flashlighting but it was uniform. I can seem to eliminate the "bleeding" on my set by turning on the energy saving option and playing with local dimming but I cannot seem to get the letterbox completely black like I had on my sonys. I really feel it is something that I can maybe achieve with some fine tuning of settings. You mind sharing with me what features you have on or off and I can see if that helps
brahby is offline  
post #641 of 3984 Old 05-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Member
 
jeffro23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Apex,NC
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
the main reason Ive been playing panel roulette with the 7600 is that the BestBuy display model was 100% flashlight free. Ive spent hours in front of it, checking settings, inputs, putting my face up against it. Nothing. Absolutely dark blacks all the way to the edge.

Now Im wondering if these are display on purpose so that customers will buy them?

If so, why not make all the sets like the display? I dont get it.
The only other explanations are pure luck that the display was flawless or that since its been on continuously for 2 months that this is actually something that burn-in fixes?
jeffro23 is offline  
post #642 of 3984 Old 05-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Member
 
modde239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro23 View Post

the main reason Ive been playing panel roulette with the 7600 is that the BestBuy display model was 100% flashlight free. Ive spent hours in front of it, checking settings, inputs, putting my face up against it. Nothing. Absolutely dark blacks all the way to the edge.

Now Im wondering if these are display on purpose so that customers will buy them?

If so, why not make all the sets like the display? I dont get it.
The only other explanations are pure luck that the display was flawless or that since its been on continuously for 2 months that this is actually something that burn-in fixes?

Simple you have seen the tv in a store with lights on than you will not see flashlighting....only in a dark room and specialy with letterbox bars you will see them....
modde239 is offline  
post #643 of 3984 Old 05-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Member
 
modde239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahby View Post

Yeah like I said I'm not expecting flashlight free. My sonys had flashlighting but it was uniform. I can seem to eliminate the "bleeding" on my set by turning on the energy saving option and playing with local dimming but I cannot seem to get the letterbox completely black like I had on my sonys. I really feel it is something that I can maybe achieve with some fine tuning of settings. You mind sharing with me what features you have on or off and I can see if that helps

Every tv is different but my settings are:
Energy Saving: off.
Backlight:55
Contrast: 85
Brightness: 50
H-Sharpness: 25
V-Sharpness: 25
colour: 45
Colour Temp.: medium.
Local dimming:daytime (low) night (medium).
TruMotion: off.
Dynamic Contrast: off.
Super Resolution: off.
Colour Gamut: standard.
Edge Enhancer: off.
Noise Reduction: off.
MEPG Noise Red.: off.
Black Level: low.
Real Cinema: off.

Thats about it.....
modde239 is offline  
post #644 of 3984 Old 05-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Senior Member
 
brahby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by modde239 View Post


Every tv is different but my settings are:
Energy Saving: off.
Backlight:55
Contrast: 85
Brightness: 50
H-Sharpness: 25
V-Sharpness: 25
colour: 45
Colour Temp.: medium.
Local dimming:daytime (low) night (medium).
TruMotion: off.
Dynamic Contrast: off.
Super Resolution: off.
Colour Gamut: standard.
Edge Enhancer: off.
Noise Reduction: off.
MEPG Noise Red.: off.
Black Level: low.
Real Cinema: off.

Thats about it.....

I will give those a try. Is this in expert?
brahby is offline  
post #645 of 3984 Old 05-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Newbie
 
dobbre's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone! First time writing here. I'm planning to buy this TV (or 6700). Earlier I read somewhere that LG advertised these models to be able to transfer pic to tablet or phone. That could be really useful when watching a game and you have to go to restroom, you just continue watching
Has anyone tried this option, or at least know it is possible?
dobbre is offline  
post #646 of 3984 Old 05-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Member
 
modde239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahby View Post

I will give those a try. Is this in expert?

Yes...
modde239 is offline  
post #647 of 3984 Old 05-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Newbie
 
pokermadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahby View Post

I will give those a try. Is this in expert?

Those are in expert. I like a little brighter picture, and I prefer the color temp to be medium, and even sometimes cool(but rarely). When I got this tv about a month ago, almost all the calibrations said to have the color temp on warm. I could not get the picture to how I really liked it til I went to medium. Try that out. I had a bit of flashlighting, the worst was in the upper right corner, but after a month and playing with the settings, I never notice it anymore. Maybe I got the settings right, or it just got better with time? Also with medium color temp, you can lower the backlight and brightness settings, so maybe that plays a role. Either way, this is a bad ass tv IMO, and I just love it.
pokermadness is offline  
post #648 of 3984 Old 05-17-2012, 05:15 PM
Member
 
modde239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfin3591 View Post

I don't think it is my power. I have my TV and components all plugged in a Monster Cable surge protector, and I havent had any components or TVs cycle power prior to this new TV. I also read in the 6700 series thread that a few people have had the same thing happen. LG has diagnosed one persons as a faulty power cable/supply in the TV. Others think it may be related to the HDMI because they didn't experience the issue when streaming straight over WiFi to the TV vs. watching an HDMI source. Im not sure what could be the issue. I am just tired of replacing TV's, especially since this 3rd one doesnt have any flashlighting issues. It just arrived from LG on Friday, so it is their latest batch of TVs straight from Korea (or wherever they are made). I've never had these kinds of issues with LG, I have 3 other LG TV's that are great.

I had it ones I found out that it was because in the menu under "TIME" then under "Automatic Standby" it was set at 6 hours....so the tv shut itself off....so check if its set to off on your tv....
modde239 is offline  
post #649 of 3984 Old 05-17-2012, 05:51 PM
Member
 
jeffro23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Apex,NC
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by modde239 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro23 View Post

the main reason Ive been playing panel roulette with the 7600 is that the BestBuy display model was 100% flashlight free. Ive spent hours in front of it, checking settings, inputs, putting my face up against it. Nothing. Absolutely dark blacks all the way to the edge.

Now Im wondering if these are display on purpose so that customers will buy them?

If so, why not make all the sets like the display? I dont get it.
The only other explanations are pure luck that the display was flawless or that since its been on continuously for 2 months that this is actually something that burn-in fixes?


Simple you have seen the tv in a store with lights on than you will not see flashlighting....only in a dark room and specialy with letterbox bars you will see them....

lol, nah that set did NOT have it. It was on a back wall that wasnt exactly lit up.

Ive spent 2 months with 2 different sets and Ive visited that damn display model way too much than I care to admit. Even the 1 BB TV guy who actually knew something about it didnt see the effect and we tried every possible source and setting.
After the bad effects Ive had to stare at the last 60 days, Im confident this one somehow didnt have it.

interesting though in my last 7600 I tried loosening and tightening the back panel screws(as mentioned by another poster) I actually noticed a darkeing right at the screw spot, but then wondered if it got lighter in between screw slots. Anyways, I stopped messing with it. just curious if its a hardware/mfr issue where there isnt enough even pressure across the back panel??
jeffro23 is offline  
post #650 of 3984 Old 05-17-2012, 05:56 PM
Advanced Member
 
tpollagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Looking for Trolls
Posts: 544
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 75
After a couple of weeks I had almost convinced myself that I was OK with the PQ on the 7600. But then I went to a friend's house and was watching his 2010 Samsung model.

POOOF, hit me like a ton of bricks. NO flashlights, deep black level, no banding, no DSE, and more natural skin tones. His Samsung showed some "blooming" with white on black letters and had off-axis drop-offs but not as bad as the 7600. Overall the PQ was what I had bee expecting but never saw in the 7600.

Haven't decided what I will get but I definitly will not be keeping the 7600. Theses things are way too expensive to just accept the flaws.
tpollagi is offline  
post #651 of 3984 Old 05-17-2012, 06:03 PM
Advanced Member
 
cjsiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpollagi View Post

Theses things are way too expensive to just accept the flaws.

That's what I said in another thread and I keep getting told "you get what u pay for" and that I want flagship performance for a "cheap" price.

I just wanted no lighting issues.

cjsiv is offline  
post #652 of 3984 Old 05-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Member
 
12none's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro23 View Post

interesting though in my last 7600 I tried loosening and tightening the back panel screws(as mentioned by another poster) I actually noticed a darkeing right at the screw spot, but then wondered if it got lighter in between screw slots. Anyways, I stopped messing with it. just curious if its a hardware/mfr issue where there isnt enough even pressure across the back panel??

Messing with the screws on the back panel will do nothing, I opened mine up to determine if loosening some of the screws would help and discovered the panel is kind of floating in the frame, there were tamper stickers inside also, so I stopped there. The screws for the panel assembly that could possibly make a difference though can not be played with without further dis-assembly.
12none is offline  
post #653 of 3984 Old 05-17-2012, 06:58 PM
Member
 
meyerovb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12none View Post

Messing with the screws on the back panel will do nothing, I opened mine up to determine if loosening some of the screws would help and discovered the panel is kind of floating in the frame, there were tamper stickers inside also, so I stopped there. The screws for the panel assembly that could possibly make a difference though can not be played with without further dis-assembly.

12none, any chance you took (or can take) a pic of the insides with it taken off? I'd love to know if the speaker is removable.
meyerovb is offline  
post #654 of 3984 Old 05-17-2012, 07:12 PM
Senior Member
 
brahby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokermadness View Post


Those are in expert. I like a little brighter picture, and I prefer the color temp to be medium, and even sometimes cool(but rarely). When I got this tv about a month ago, almost all the calibrations said to have the color temp on warm. I could not get the picture to how I really liked it til I went to medium. Try that out. I had a bit of flashlighting, the worst was in the upper right corner, but after a month and playing with the settings, I never notice it anymore. Maybe I got the settings right, or it just got better with time? Also with medium color temp, you can lower the backlight and brightness settings, so maybe that plays a role. Either way, this is a bad ass tv IMO, and I just love it.

I just tried turning everything off and local dimming up to medium and it didn't clear it up enough for me to be completely happy. As a test I tried the exact same channel, one with just a blank black screen (for a channel I'm not subscribed to) on both sets in the complete dark and although my Sony seems to have slight flashlighting it's my uniform and certainly less noticeable. For example, I cannot see it at all during letterbox films that it shows up on the lg. the question I know face is do I contact lg or the store that I received it from. This set was a swap out for a defective Sony hx820 and I bumped heads a lot with management. Not to mention that if it is in fact somehow related to build date, this is a smaller company so I don't foresee them getting any newer dates then what's already on stock.
brahby is offline  
post #655 of 3984 Old 05-17-2012, 08:26 PM
Member
 
aaronwalker1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokermadness View Post

Those are in expert. I like a little brighter picture, and I prefer the color temp to be medium, and even sometimes cool(but rarely). When I got this tv about a month ago, almost all the calibrations said to have the color temp on warm. I could not get the picture to how I really liked it til I went to medium. Try that out. I had a bit of flashlighting, the worst was in the upper right corner, but after a month and playing with the settings, I never notice it anymore. Maybe I got the settings right, or it just got better with time? Also with medium color temp, you can lower the backlight and brightness settings, so maybe that plays a role. Either way, this is a bad ass tv IMO, and I just love it.

Do you mind posting your settings?
aaronwalker1974 is offline  
post #656 of 3984 Old 05-17-2012, 08:42 PM
Advanced Member
 
tpollagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Looking for Trolls
Posts: 544
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsiv View Post

That's what I said in another thread and I keep getting told "you get what u pay for" and that I want flagship performance for a "cheap" price.

I just wanted no lighting issues.

Yea, I hear ya'. I think I'm pretty reasonable and fully understand that no technology is going to be perfect, but ...

Honestly, in some ways the PQ of this set is inferior to my 5 year old CCFL lit set. I think the manufacturers are so busy tripping over each other giving us useless "smart features" that they forgot about the main purpose of these units. Its a shame because this set has some nice qualities. I just can't live with the dull hazy glowing black-level when I know there are alternatives that better suit my taste.

Something else I just noticed is how "bad" some SD content looks on the 7600. I was downstairs looking at the image from a 14 year old sony 16x9 projector connected to an obsolete RCA digital TV tuner and got better PQ. In some ways the engineers have moved backward instead of forward.
tpollagi is offline  
post #657 of 3984 Old 05-17-2012, 08:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
tpollagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Looking for Trolls
Posts: 544
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokermadness View Post

... I had a bit of flashlighting, the worst was in the upper right corner, but after a month and playing with the settings, I never notice it anymore. Maybe I got the settings right, or it just got better with time? ...

Well, my guess is you became accustomed to looking at it; the issue probably has not gone away. This is what was happening to me. Then I got a visual shock by looking at my friend's set and all the things I didn't like at the beginning came back to life.
tpollagi is offline  
post #658 of 3984 Old 05-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
cjsiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpollagi View Post


Yea, I hear ya'. I think I'm pretty reasonable and fully understand that no technology is going to be perfect, but ...

Honestly, in some ways the PQ of this set is inferior to my 5 year old CCFL lit set. I think the manufacturers are so busy tripping over each other giving us useless "smart features" that they forgot about the main purpose of these units. Its a shame because this set has some nice qualities. I just can't live with the dull hazy glowing black-level when I know there are alternatives that better suit my taste.

Something else I just noticed is how "bad" some SD content looks on the 7600. I was downstairs looking at the image from a 14 year old sony 16x9 projector connected to an obsolete RCA digital TV tuner and got better PQ. In some ways the engineers have moved backward instead of forward.

Agree 100%.

cjsiv is offline  
post #659 of 3984 Old 05-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Member
 
rwinston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpollagi View Post

After a couple of weeks I had almost convinced myself that I was OK with the PQ on the 7600. But then I went to a friend's house and was watching his 2010 Samsung model.

POOOF, hit me like a ton of bricks. NO flashlights, deep black level, no banding, no DSE, and more natural skin tones. His Samsung showed some "blooming" with white on black letters and had off-axis drop-offs but not as bad as the 7600. Overall the PQ was what I had bee expecting but never saw in the 7600.

Haven't decided what I will get but I definitly will not be keeping the 7600. Theses things are way too expensive to just accept the flaws.

I'm exactly where you are. 90% sure I'm returning my 55LM7600. I was at a friend's house watching basketball on a 40" 4-year old Samsung LCD and IMO it looked just so much clearer, sharper yet smoother, "poppier" than the brand new 55" LG I just bought. Faces looked liked faces. My 5-year old 50" Panasonic plasma looks better for HD and SD DVR material and about the same for 1080p stuff (but less motion blur). And I can't stop noticing that one corner of flashlighting I have.

I've been looking at the new ST50 series of Panasonic plasmas and am thinking about trading in for a 60", which is about the same price as the 55" LG. It's active 3D and doesn't come with glasses, but that doesn't disturb me much, even though I do like the passive 3D on the LG (one of the few bright spots). The ST50s have been getting good reviews.
rwinston is offline  
post #660 of 3984 Old 05-17-2012, 11:12 PM
Member
 
mozilla314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwinston View Post


I'm exactly where you are. 90% sure I'm returning my 55LM7600. I was at a friend's house watching basketball on a 40" 4-year old Samsung LCD and IMO it looked just so much clearer, sharper yet smoother, "poppier" than the brand new 55" LG I just bought. Faces looked liked faces. My 5-year old 50" Panasonic plasma looks better for HD and SD DVR material and about the same for 1080p stuff (but less motion blur). And I can't stop noticing that one corner of flashlighting I have.

I've been looking at the new ST50 series of Panasonic plasmas and am thinking about trading in for a 60", which is about the same price as the 55" LG. It's active 3D and doesn't come with glasses, but that doesn't disturb me much, even though I do like the passive 3D on the LG (one of the few bright spots). The ST50s have been getting good reviews.

You guys should really do a good calibration on the TVs you have before returning it.
mozilla314 is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Displays , Onkyo Tx Nr609 7 2 Channel Network Thx Certified A V Receiver , Lg Nb3520a Sound Bar Audio System With Wireless Subwoofer Bluetooth Streaming , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off