post #811 of 3968 Old 07-03-2012, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMTSR View Post

duhjoker,
it's the 270 degree one. (My monoprice order arrives on Friday smile.gif) The "tapered" end of the female HDMI port faces the screen, with the larger "flat" end facing the rear. I had to watch a youtube video to see it up close.
I've read somewhere (maybe this forum) that if you are using an HDMI cable with a longer head, like the 24AWG from monoprice, that it may stick out the side. Based on the dimensions of the TV, I don't think you can use a flush mount if you use the adapter, as the head of the HDMI cable may stick out backwards past the depth of the TV. A tilt mount or extendable mount would most likely be OK. That's only my opinion from viewing it in store and info about the depth of the TV.

Thanks for that info! I couldn't find any pictures that showed this close enough. Looking forward to getting this soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 3968 Old 07-03-2012, 11:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa8 View Post

Yes, June 2012.

Would you by any chance be able to take some pics of an all black screen on your set in the dark. I would like to compare it to mine. I have officially had 4 sets delivered to my house and one panel swapped out.

Set 1: Pretty extensive backlight bleed, panel swapped...scratches on panel

LG had no panels and no sets to send out so they authorized a dealer swap out

Set 2: From original dealer, missing a triangle of the picture from the upper left corner

Set 3: Damage to back panel of the TV (dealer suspected perhaps some of the shipment was damaged since both sets had damage in the same area

Set 4: No physical damage but EXCESSIVE backlight bleed. Worse than the first.

I am hoping maybe the dealer I purchased from just got a bad shipment or the sets were damaged in shipping but I would like to see what people are considering a "good" set and what settings they have on.

I will post up some pics of mine tomorrow for comparison, but every single Sony I have owned is edge lit and what little flashlighting it has is at least symmetrical. My LG has huge blotches all over the screen. At night black screens looks grey, almost white. I could capture that in the photo last night with my iphone but I am going to try again with a digital camera.

So far LG customer service has been excellent and prompt with everything they have done. They said they need a tech to come out again and diagnose it and I believe the person I am dealing said he will either replace it again or set me up for a refund. I personally love this set so I am hoping when he says replace it again it does not have to be from the same dealer.
post #813 of 3968 Old 07-04-2012, 07:25 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 39
Will try to get a pic posted may not be till tomorrow.
post #814 of 3968 Old 07-04-2012, 03:59 PM

hi,

does anyone have the calibrated settings for this TV. if yes, can you share?

Thanks.
post #815 of 3968 Old 07-04-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaker_18 View Post

hi,
does anyone have the calibrated settings for this TV. if yes, can you share?
Thanks.

This thread is long but there are several users who posted theirs in previous pages. You'll have to try a few to find one you'll like.

Here are two different ones I tried on mine:

http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/lg-lcd-tv/lg-lm7600-calibration-settings.html

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php?subaction=showfull&id=1333359799
post #816 of 3968 Old 07-05-2012, 06:24 AM

Hi,

i got this TV yesterday and have mixed emotions about it. here are some problems.

1. when TV shows black screen, i see lot of clouding about the edges. i read in some posts that after calibration it can be reduced. Should i return this set or can it be reduced? i can see that only when i switch off all lights in my room.
2. youtube app behaves mysteriously. i search for some 1080 blue ray rip from youtube, while playing 1st one on the list, it got struck. i moved on to next one, it played the song, but when moving towards end, it stopped abruptly and went on to next one. for next one(3rd) it said, video is not available, where as i can play the video in my laptop. then i went back to 2nd song in the list, now for 2nd also it says video not available where as i just played it in TV 2 minutes back. after that all videos were showing as "not available". please let me know what to do here.
3. motion flow is enabled in youtube, how to disable it?
4. the HD contents are not as crisp as how it displays in samsung TVs @ store. i played avatar trailer from youtube, the colors looks faded and dull. may be my setting are not correct. i calibrated to above setting, but still not that happy. Does anyone have any other calibrated settings for this TV?

kindly suggest...
post #817 of 3968 Old 07-05-2012, 07:06 AM
Advanced Member

I didn't see anything in your post about actually watching the TV from a Blu Ray or Cable/Satellite rather than watching ripped Blu Ray on Youtube. I rarely have seen someone say the LG doesn't have vibrant correctly saturated and true colors. Just read the reviews in those links where you found the settings. That leads me to think you have overlooked some settings.

I was in the showroom for a very long time, salesman allowed me to adjust the Samsungs and LG's as much as I wanted in the darkened media room. (was not interested in other brands for various reasons but did look at Sony's also) I was leaning towards the Samsung based on reviews. I can tell you the 55" 7600 was actually a better overall picture with truer colors without saturating the faces than the Samsung or the Sony in their same price range (High end Sony seemed to shine) Samsung has better blacks with a very good picture, just not quite as stunning as the LG was in the store. As a specific example, the Cubs game was on TV, the wall in the background behind the batter in shadows had a little more detail with the Samsung than on the LG, but the LG had more natural looking grass and dirt, with faces just a little more natural looking. Sky was for lack of a better way of putting more "crisp" on the LG - the clouds seemed more dimensional than on the Samsung. I don't know if professionally calibrated that the Samsung might end up being better or not, but since I probably won't have my set calibrated that way, this is the test I use when buying.

So far only the very first time I used YouTube did it freeze, other than that no problems. I have watched two movies on VUDU in 1080P and both were glitch free and, the 3D one was a very good picture, the 2D one a fantastic picture.

Each set seems to have a different amount of clouding. It can be an issue and you may need to return it and try another one. Any edge lit TV will have some.
On my set what little there is can be mitigated very well on the low dimming setting. If you are not happy return it, and if you feel the Samsung is better I would get that because you may always feel that way. Just because I thought the LG was overall better does not mean you would.
post #818 of 3968 Old 07-05-2012, 07:38 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

Hi,
i got this TV yesterday and have mixed emotions about it. here are some problems.
1. when TV shows black screen, i see lot of clouding about the edges. i read in some posts that after calibration it can be reduced. Should i return this set or can it be reduced? i can see that only when i switch off all lights in my room.

I've had my 7600 for about 10 days now. I have a small amount of edge light bleed along the top right edge and the left edge near the bottom. Like you, it is only visible when the screen is blank (no signal) and the room is dark. Interestingly, with the PS3 hooked up and loading a game there is a blank screen, but NO light bleed present. This leads me to believe the only time the edge light bleed is visible is when there is no signal on the screen. I've looked at content with night scenes or dark scenes looking for the light bleeding through but it DOESN'T HAPPEN. Therefore, I'm not going to get all worked up about it. Frankly, it seems there is a lot of concern on AVS forums about this "problem", that really isn't a problem, unless you plan on watching content without a signal on your set.
Quote:
2. youtube app behaves mysteriously. i search for some 1080 blue ray rip from youtube, while playing 1st one on the list, it got struck. i moved on to next one, it played the song, but when moving towards end, it stopped abruptly and went on to next one. for next one(3rd) it said, video is not available, where as i can play the video in my laptop. then i went back to 2nd song in the list, now for 2nd also it says video not available where as i just played it in TV 2 minutes back. after that all videos were showing as "not available". please let me know what to do here.

3. motion flow is enabled in youtube, how to disable it?

I haven't played around with the YouTube app yet. I didn't buy this TV for the apps, consider them to be a nice bonus, but I can see if you utilize this app a lot it would be annoying. Can't comment on motion flow, except to say there should be a way to adjust that via the Settings menu.
Quote:
4. the HD contents are not as crisp as how it displays in samsung TVs @ store. i played avatar trailer from youtube, the colors looks faded and dull. may be my setting are not correct. i calibrated to above setting, but still not that happy. Does anyone have any other calibrated settings for this TV?
kindly suggest...

Realize that Samsungs are inherently more vivid and more brighter than most brands. I actually consider it "fake" looking. The guy at Best Buy admitted that they set the Samsungs to brighter settings.

I played around with the settings under Expert1 until I got what I thought was a great picture. Surprisingly, the settings are quite similar to the ones listed in BSoares' post (above.) I did have H-sharpness and V-sharpness settings at 30, which is in the middle of the two settings listed above (they had 25 and 50). The difference in picture quality is quite noticeble.

My technique was to go through all the factory pre-set picture settings and write them down in a grid format. Example: Columns labeled Standard, Cinema, Game, Vivid, and then rows listing Backlight, Contrast, Brightness, Sharpness, etc. I then wrote down comments regarding the strengths and weaknesses of those settings. Then I entered the Expert mode and started playing around, tweaking each setting until I got what I thought was a great picture. Use a consistent, good source for this. I happened to use a live baseball game on ESPN. Again, the difference in PQ is absolutely noticeable. I had tweaked the settings of the Standard settings to my liking, and I got a fairly decent looking picture. But when I switch back and forth between my tweaked Standard settings and my defined Expert1 settings there is a huge difference.
post #819 of 3968 Old 07-05-2012, 07:44 AM

I used my TV to play music from a thumb drive through to my home theater amp recently. The controls for the music player are basic but adequate. However, I'm wondering if there is a way to get some sort of background graphics or animation to play (and react) to the music content. I'm not too thrilled to be looking at artwork of the CD covers (or artwork of generic CD cases) and the song titles on the screen. Is there a setting for this?

Also, is there a way to play music through the TV and switch it over to watching live TV, have the music playing but with no TV soundtrack?
post #820 of 3968 Old 07-05-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powrwrap View Post

My technique was to go through all the factory pre-set picture settings and write them down in a grid format. Example: Columns labeled Standard, Cinema, Game, Vivid, and then rows listing Backlight, Contrast, Brightness, Sharpness, etc. I then wrote down comments regarding the strengths and weaknesses of those settings. Then I entered the Expert mode and started playing around, tweaking each setting until I got what I thought was a great picture. Use a consistent, good source for this. I happened to use a live baseball game on ESPN. Again, the difference in PQ is absolutely noticeable. I had tweaked the settings of the Standard settings to my liking, and I got a fairly decent looking picture. But when I switch back and forth between my tweaked Standard settings and my defined Expert1 settings there is a huge difference.

This sounds like a great idea! I will definitely try this when I get mine tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.
post #821 of 3968 Old 07-05-2012, 08:45 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Can you please post your current settings that you are happy with. Let me try it out, wish it will work out for me as well.

thanks.
post #822 of 3968 Old 07-05-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Can you please post your current settings that you are happy with. Let me try it out, wish it will work out for me as well.
thanks.

OK. My son is playing PS3 so I can't give you the some of them. Here's what I've got written down.

Energy saving; OFF
Backlight: 45
Contrast: 80
Brightness 45 (this may be set higher if room has ambient light)
H. Sharpness 30
V. Sharpness 30
Color 60
Tint R5
Color Temp: Neutral (or zero)
Super Resolution: OFF
Local Dimming: MED
Dynamic Contrast: OFF
Edge Enhancement: ON
Gamma: 2.2

This is what I came up with in my entertainment room, with my ambient lighting (it was nightime with one lamp on in the corner of the room)
post #823 of 3968 Old 07-05-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:

Hi,
thanks.

Yeah, don't get discouraged by the concerns with edge bleeding. Like the other poster said, its only visible when in a dark room with a no signal screen. And having Local Dimming on will help minimize that too, so unless your set has very bad bleeding that you can see all the time watching movies (dark scenes), then you should be good. I don't have my TV with me at the moment, so I can't share my calibration. But what I use is pretty much the average of the 2 review/calibration links posted earlier, used that as a starting point (since they are more true to color settings), then do some minor adjustments on some sliders to my liking without going off too far. The picture quality is great, but in a more natural kind of way. If you like the picture to be more vibrant and popping, you can do that too (I did that on my first try, but look a bit too saturated and extreme), similar to the eye popping looking you normally see in stores. Even the default Standard setting kind of gives you that already (I use that for regular TV channels, but use the calibrated settings for blu-ray movies), but find it too much for movies.

But in terms of Youtube, don't have much hope for it. This TV is just slow for online streaming use. It lacks the dual core processor that the LM8600 has, making it slower for online apps (and the apps sucks too). But from what I heard, the dual processor on the 8600 cause it to run too hot and cause issues. So in a way, it is a good thing the LM7600 not have that. Just treat it like a traditional TV and you'll be fine, instead of a 'Smart' TV do-it-all online crazy gadget thing. Save all that online fun for your computer, and if you want your LM7600 as the display, just get a long HDMI cable to hook up your computer to the LM7600. A lot less headaches and waiting time.
post #824 of 3968 Old 07-05-2012, 02:50 PM

Thank you for the support. based on calibration recommendations, i made necessary changes. overall i am liking what am seeing now. still will be very happy if i fix two things.

1. the skin color appears bit rosy(reddish) instead of natural color. is there anyway to fix it?
2. look at the background of attached picture. the green looks faded and pale. the left side is more green then the greenry behind(right hand side and background mountains). is there anyway to make the background same green color as it appears on the left hand side.

Thanks. 20120705_162908[1].jpg 2905k .jpg file
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20120705_162908[1].jpg (2.84 MB, 37 views)
post #825 of 3968 Old 07-05-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:

Thank you for the support. based on calibration recommendations, i made necessary changes. overall i am liking what am seeing now. still will be very happy if i fix two things.
1. the skin color appears bit rosy(reddish) instead of natural color. is there anyway to fix it?
2. look at the background of attached picture. the green looks faded and pale. the left side is more green then the greenry behind(right hand side and background mountains). is there anyway to make the background same green color as it appears on the left hand side.
Thanks. 20120705_162908[1].jpg 2905k .jpg file

Again, can't give you very specific info, but like pointed out in this review/calibration page:

http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/lg-lcd-tv/lg-lm7600-calibration-settings.html

The very bottom shows values of the white balance you can adjust in the expert setting. You can tweak colors in a lot of ways there on each color (red, green, blue, yellow, cyan, magenta) to see if you can get a better skin tone or greens to your liking. Much more intricate than the standard (warm, cold..etc.) settings under standard setting. Might take a little while to test out different number values on each color, but it gives you much more control. Hope that works.
post #826 of 3968 Old 07-05-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpchi View Post

That Fry's deal is in fact really good, if it is for 55" (best deal I have seen)
For Fry's, you need to go into the store to see the price they are selling the set at. LG has a minimum advertised price requirement. But no minimum selling price like Samsung and Sony. I stopped by my Fry's at lunch today to look at the 55LM7600. The price was the same as Amazon.
post #827 of 3968 Old 07-05-2012, 07:25 PM

I just picked up the 47LM7600 this afternoon (Date of manufacture 3/2012). Over the past month I tried a Samsung D7000 and returned it due to clouding and flashlighting (otherwise a very nice picture), and a Samsung ES7100 due to really narrow field of view, where a couple of feet left or right of center and the black level washed out dramatically (no clouding or flashlighting, though).

I must say that within just a few minutes (basically just changing the picture mode to "Cinema") I am really happy with this set. Colors are vibrant yet realistic, blacks are very dark (maybe not as black as the Samsung, but very satsfactory), very little clouding or flashlighting (it is there slightly, but very evenly distributed when watching content), and a much better angle of view. I am pretty confident that a little tweaking will go a long way, although it looks SO much better out of the box than the Samsungs I had, that if there were NO user adjustments available I would be able to happily watch this set! Not to mention it cost 1/3 the price!

That said, I do have a few questions and concerns that I would like some help with.

1- One issue which may or may not requre an exchange, is there is a very slight pink cast on the right side of the screen running vertically top to bottom about 3" wide. It is barely noticible (but there) on white screens and not really noticable on watching content. Anyone else with this issue?

2-Magic remote is pretty functional but I can't stand the arrow popping up whenever I am holding the remote (or just nudge it). Not to mention the information bar at the top of the screen which pops up. Is there a way to disable the arrow function? Will other remotes give access to adjustments and other?

3- How do I access some of the Advanced functions such as Expert patterns and RGB mode (they are greyed out)? I am running a cablebox through HDMI and had no problems accessing those settings on the Samsungs.

4- I had a bluetooth pairing box pop up on the set all by itself, without even touching the remote, but it went out and I am not sure where in the settings to find the bluetooth configurations. What is the bluetooth pairing for? The remote? Or other accessories?

Anyway, that is my first impression with this tv and I'm very happy with it. Any help on the issues above would be great!

Thanks in advance!
post #828 of 3968 Old 07-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Advanced Member

Your findings comparing the Samsung and LG are very much what I found.

I looked carefully and do not see any pink even with a white background. If you are using local dimming especially on high, try turning it off or on low and see if it changes it, as well as trying a different picture setting. (Standard, or Vivid, etc...) But mostly make sure there isn't a speaker close to the side or something with a magnet, or some unshielded electronic.

The expert pattern will work if you are using the tuner for OTA.

I solved the magic remote problem by getting the regular remote and using it instead. smile.gif I use the magic one if I feel like it, but like the regular remote better.

The remote does pair with the TV, other than that I don't remember any bluetooth anywhere or any pop up for bluetooth.
post #829 of 3968 Old 07-05-2012, 10:15 PM

Hi,

when "LED dimming" is OFF, then i do see flashing on the sides when dark scene appears in the SD content. but when i change it to "LOW", then i don't see it or it is unnoticable.

In blue ray, i don't see it much or i shd say it is unnoticable when the setting is "OFF or LOW"

many say that if flashing appears when there is no signal, then it is not a issue. In my case, i do see flashing when i see dark pictures in SD content.

Should i be concerned.
post #830 of 3968 Old 07-06-2012, 02:26 AM

Quote:

Your findings comparing the Samsung and LG are very much what I found.
I looked carefully and do not see any pink even with a white background. If you are using local dimming especially on high, try turning it off or on low and see if it changes it, as well as trying a different picture setting. (Standard, or Vivid, etc...) But mostly make sure there isn't a speaker close to the side or something with a magnet, or some unshielded electronic.
The expert pattern will work if you are using the tuner for OTA.
I solved the magic remote problem by getting the regular remote and using it instead. smile.gif I use the magic one if I feel like it, but like the regular remote better.
The remote does pair with the TV, other than that I don't remember any bluetooth anywhere or any pop up for bluetooth.

How do you get the "regular" remote?
post #831 of 3968 Old 07-06-2012, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amajamar View Post

Someone here said he got this one and it works: https://www.encompassparts.com/item/9184493/LG_Electronics/AKB73615313/Remote_Control

I can't tell for sure because I am not using that one. I use my Harmony One which works for most functions.
post #832 of 3968 Old 07-06-2012, 06:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

This is the remote that would ship. The other link above is much cheaper, but I know nothing about them, and it's not in stock. But if they are reliable and you don't mind waiting it's almost half the price.

http://www.electronicadventure.us/Merchant2/merchant.mv?screen=prod&store_code=EA&product_code=AKB73615313

I ordered the service remote today from them also, we'll see how it works out. I had a coupon from my last purchase so it was less than on Ebay, plus if it does not work they will take it back.
post #833 of 3968 Old 07-06-2012, 06:33 AM

Quote:

This is the actual remote.
http://www.electronicadventure.us/Merchant2/merchant.mv?screen=prod&store_code=EA&product_code=AKB73615313
I ordered the service remote today from them also, we'll see how it works out. I had a coupon from my last purchase so it was less than on Ebay, plus if it does not work they will take it back.

Do you have this regular remote already? Does it have a Sleep button?

I'm trying to find a way to get a sleep button on my Harmony but the Logitech database doesn't know the code and I haven't seen a remote for the 7600 that has the button so I could learn from it. Still looking for a way to do that, having to navigate the menus every night just to turn sleep on is sort of a PITA.

thx
post #834 of 3968 Old 07-06-2012, 10:48 AM
Advanced Member

No sleep button, yes I have the remote now. That's probably why you can't do it with the harmony, it's nested inside quick menu. So even with the official remote it's My APPS, then go to Quick Menu, then Sleep Timer.
post #835 of 3968 Old 07-06-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:

No sleep button, yes I have the remote now. That's probably why you can't do it with the harmony, it's nested inside quick menu. So even with the official remote it's My APPS, then go to Quick Menu, then Sleep Timer.

That's a shame. Thanks a lot for checking.
post #836 of 3968 Old 07-06-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:

This is the remote that would ship. The other link above is much cheaper, but I know nothing about them, and it's not in stock. But if they are reliable and you don't mind waiting it's almost half the price.
I ordered the service remote today from them also, we'll see how it works out. I had a coupon from my last purchase so it was less than on ay, plus if it does not work they will take it back.

Both of those links seem to have the same part number, so I conclude that they are the same remote control smile.gif.
post #837 of 3968 Old 07-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Both of those links seem to have the same part number, so I conclude that they are the same remote control smile.gif.

They are, but one is much cheaper to buy.
post #838 of 3968 Old 07-06-2012, 04:11 PM

OK, I thought I'd post some photos of my 55LM7600 showing the light bleed along the edges. I took these photos at night with no room lighting.

The first shot is with no signal. You can see some slight bleed along the top edge of the picture, just right of center. Also some on the left edge near the bottom corner. Not too bad though.

This shot was taken of the end credits of a movie and shows no light bleed whatsoever. The source material is a .mkv file with video resolution of 1280 X 544, meaning the actual part of the screen that is filled with an image is only about half of the screen with the top 1/4 of the screen and the bottom 1/4 of the screen having no content. If you look closely you can see the LG logo below the in 'E' in "Bruce."

This is what I mean by not being concerned with edge bleeding WHILE YOU ARE WATCHING content. It just isn't there.

So really people, let's not get our boxers in a bunch over edge light bleed with no signal present. If you have it while watching content, yes, I would be concerned.
post #839 of 3968 Old 07-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Advanced Member

Very close to how mine is. I have a small area on the top left side with a plume of cloudy light, but turn on local dimming to low and it's virtually gone. Even with local dimming off, you can't see it in anything but a very darkened room.
post #840 of 3968 Old 07-06-2012, 07:29 PM

I have the same experience, small bleeding area top left and some clouding but only while no signal, when watching something I really don't notice it, at least not enough to distract me. What I found quite poor on this TV is off angle viewing. I know that's an issue with all LCD/LED but this TV is worse than the Sharp it replaced. I know I'm probably spoiled for having Plasma in the living room so I notice it more when I go to the bedroom now and see the LG but it should be better. I can tolerate it and probably won't return though.
Do you guys notice the same?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Displays , Onkyo Tx Nr609 7 2 Channel Network Thx Certified A V Receiver , Lg Nb3520a Sound Bar Audio System With Wireless Subwoofer Bluetooth Streaming , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page