post #991 of 3968 Old 07-30-2012, 06:30 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archonius View Post

This might be a silly question but I can't find a list of contents in the box, but is this TV supposed to come with two remotes? The "magic remote" and a regular one? Bought this TV today and it only came with the magic remote, although I could have sworn I've seen some reviews where they said it included both.
Thanks smile.gif

Not in the U.S., Magic remote only. You can purchase the regular remote easily from several places. I believe the UK is or was getting both remotes.
Archonius likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 3968 Old 07-30-2012, 06:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

I searched the first few and last few pages, but with 1000+ posts and the now lame search function, it's much hassle to bother further.
1. Does anyone know the make/model of the main/master/system processor(s) for these sets?
2. Can someone post some screen shots of the user menu main page and some of the major sub pages like picture controls?

The user menu's main page is virtually the same as they have been on LG's. The sub menus are also nearly the same, and it would take several pictures because different modes give different choices. Is there something specific you are looking for? Google? Did one quick search

https://www.google.com/search?q=LG+TV+menus&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Also the review sites usually have some pics of the menus.
post #993 of 3968 Old 07-30-2012, 06:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 121
I'm trying to determine the difference between the GUI of their TV's using a Broadcom chip and a DVR using the same or similar chip. If the GUI overall "look" can be changed.
Those first few pics in your link are the basic organization, but the graphics are different. Those appear 'plainer' than the DVR looks like.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #994 of 3968 Old 07-30-2012, 07:22 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdurus View Post

Curious what codes/how to use harmony 700 to get into service menu?

Add the LG TV 47LE5300-UC to your Harmony. This Device has the Service Codes Bulit-in. They are labeled EZ-ADJ, In-Start, and In-Stop. When you push one of these buttons a password screen should appear, the password is either '0000' or '0413'. My 55LM7600 was 0413.
I have multiple Harmony remotes so I added 47LE5300-UC to one remote and learned the service menu codes with my main Harmony 700. So everything falls neatly under one device. You can also do this to learn other codes like the four color buttons.
post #995 of 3968 Old 07-30-2012, 08:25 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thx1138 View Post

Add the LG TV 47LE5300-UC to your Harmony. This Device has the Service Codes Bulit-in.

Good trick. Manufacturers frequently use the same IR codes throughout their product line. If your exact model doesn't have the codes you want in the Logitech database, try another model from the same manufacturer. I was looking for Harmony codes that would allow me to access channels directly and found them on a 4200(??) model.
post #996 of 3968 Old 07-30-2012, 09:23 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by thx1138 View Post

Add the LG TV 47LE5300-UC to your Harmony. This Device has the Service Codes Bulit-in. They are labeled EZ-ADJ, In-Start, and In-Stop. When you push one of these buttons a password screen should appear, the password is either '0000' or '0413'. My 55LM7600 was 0413.
I have multiple Harmony remotes so I added 47LE5300-UC to one remote and learned the service menu codes with my main Harmony 700. So everything falls neatly under one device. You can also do this to learn other codes like the four color buttons.

Does it have the Home button defined?

Rob
post #997 of 3968 Old 07-30-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_G View Post

Does it have the Home button defined?
Rob

I don't believe it does. However, here is the trick to get the Harmony to learn the 'Home' and My Apps' buttons. You first have to unpair the Magic Remote from the TV by holding down both Home and Back until the red light on the remote flashes. You should also notice that the red arrow is no longer visible on the TV screen when you move the Magic Remote.
With the remote unpaired, it no longer sends the Home and My Apps as RF commands it will send them as IR commands which the Harmony can learn.
post #998 of 3968 Old 07-30-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate03 View Post

New firmware update seems to have fixed this issue.
Updated the firmware to 04.02.84 last night..did not face this issue again
Well not quite my youtube app crashed again after playing 1-2 hrs of videos on weekend ...will pack up the TV and send it back smile.gif
post #999 of 3968 Old 07-30-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa8 View Post

Not in the U.S., Magic remote only. You can purchase the regular remote easily from several places. I believe the UK is or was getting both remotes.

Thank you. Browsed through this thread looking for other information and I've seen a lot of your posts, you've been a great help regarding this TV. Very much appreciated.
post #1000 of 3968 Old 07-30-2012, 02:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archonius View Post

Thank you. Browsed through this thread looking for other information and I've seen a lot of your posts, you've been a great help regarding this TV. Very much appreciated.

Thanks, no problem.
post #1001 of 3968 Old 07-31-2012, 08:45 AM

Hi, First time on this site and hoping to get some expert advise. I just bought the 47lm6700 and it is real jittery or motion blurry. I returned one because of the flashlight effect and the second one is has more of the motion blur. I found a 47LM7600 for 999.00 The 47LM6700 is 799.00 The sales rep said the 7600 is a better tv with a faster processor. Is it worth the 200 extra for the 7600? Will it have a smoother picture than the 6700? Also, should I invest in a Calibration CD like Disney WOW or Spears and Munsil. Im really am a novice at all of this. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
post #1002 of 3968 Old 07-31-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unijabass View Post

Well, after initial excitement, box opening, setting everything up...I am not a happy camper here...
I really want to like this TV, it's just not happening.
I tried all calibration settings that are listed here, and on some review web sites.Mediocre picture quality, not close to what I expected.
Comparing to my old Bravia, not even close.
Picture somehow washed out, lacking contrast, almost blurry comparing how sharp my Bravia was.I just can't get that sharpness.
As a photographer and frequent photoshop user, my eye is trained .This looks honestly like out of focus/
Not to talk about light bleed in the corners, and on the top of the screen.Every time I switch the channel I am reminded.
16/9 pulled down movie- all the time.Arrrghhh
Not to talk about 240Hz hoax, ah.It is awful on any level.
So I should love this TV and compromise because it is so thin and looks good with thin bezel hmmm
I just hope that there are better calibration settings out there, I will try to find out if I am doing something wrong also.
But back it goes if that doesn't happen in the next two weeks.Worst thing, I don't know what to buy then, seems like good
electronics is thing of the past.

I felt the same way about my 55LM7600, especially about the PQ on 1080i material from my satellite DVR, which almost looked SD to me on this set. Tried a ton of different calibration settings (including using Disney WOW disc) and could never get it to pass muster. The motion artifacts bugged me too, even with TruMotion on (which I didn't like because of the SOE). Blu-rays looked okay and the passive 3D was awesome, but on 90% of the material I watched, it just wasn't up to my (maybe too strict) standards. I come from the plasma world though and this was my first LCD. So maybe there was a pre-bias or my eyes are used to something different.

I ended up returning the LG within the return period and got a Panasonic 60" ST50 plasma instead. I'm much happier with it. And not only is it bigger and has better PQ, but it was also cheaper at the time (although it does not come with glasses). The (active) 3D is not as good though, IMO.
post #1003 of 3968 Old 07-31-2012, 01:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjadams1977 View Post

Hi, First time on this site and hoping to get some expert advise. I just bought the 47lm6700 and it is real jittery or motion blurry. I returned one because of the flashlight effect and the second one is has more of the motion blur. I found a 47LM7600 for 999.00 The 47LM6700 is 799.00 The sales rep said the 7600 is a better tv with a faster processor. Is it worth the 200 extra for the 7600? Will it have a smoother picture than the 6700? Also, should I invest in a Calibration CD like Disney WOW or Spears and Munsil. Im really am a novice at all of this. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Pay the $200. The 7600 Trumotion is the best I have had over my last 3 TV's. I have watched three movies so far using the APPS - on Vudu and Amazon with no problems. I don't use Netflix so can't report on that. Everyone has their opinion on what they think is a good picture. That said, I couldn't disagree more with a couple of posts here that the picture is not good. It is very good, and most pro reviews will say that too. In this price range, I looked at every available LCD TV in my area at two stores, they let me play with them in their media room. (Best Buy and P.C. Richards) The LG had the best picture, Samsung picture overall was washed out to get the faces right. Keep in mind my intention was the Samsung based on reviews, but just as the salesman said when we were setting it up at P.C. Richards, the Samsung is a let down In this price range.. It has better blacks, but I couldn't get the overall picture to look as good as the LG. If you tell me the Samsung can be calibrated to look better, I can't say yes or no, but I have to go on what I can do in the store, and I am not new to this. I have the 55" and the picture really is wow after tweaking it for each input.
post #1004 of 3968 Old 07-31-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:

Pay the $200. The 7600 Trumotion is the best I have had over my last 3 TV's. I have watched three movies so far using the APPS - on Vudu and Amazon with no problems. I don't use Netflix so can't report on that. Everyone has their opinion on what they think is a good picture. That said, I couldn't disagree more with a couple of posts here that the picture is not good. It is very good, and most pro reviews will say that too. In this price range, I looked at every available LCD TV in my area at two stores, they let me play with them in their media room. (Best Buy and P.C. Richards) The LG had the best picture, Samsung picture overall was washed out to get the faces right. Keep in mind my intention was the Samsung based on reviews, but just as the salesman said when we were setting it up at P.C. Richards, the Samsung is a let down In this price range.. It has better blacks, but I couldn't get the overall picture to look as good as the LG. If you tell me the Samsung can be calibrated to look better, I can't say yes or no, but I have to go on what I can do in the store, and I am not new to this. I have the 55" and the picture really is wow after tweaking it for each input.

I would love to to view someone's 7600 that they say is well-calibrated and has good PQ, just so I can compare to what I saw on mine. I still wonder if maybe I had a defective set (light bleed issues aside). My gf didn't like it either and was glad I exchanged it for the plasma.

If TruMotion is cranked up to achieve better PQ, I'm probably not going to consider it a good picture (except maybe on sports and stuff like that). The effect is just too artificial looking for me.

Anyway, to each his own. I'm glad you're happy with yours. The set does have a lot going for it.
tampa8 likes this.
post #1005 of 3968 Old 07-31-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:

Amazon app? How did you get that?
post #1006 of 3968 Old 07-31-2012, 08:10 PM

I need those settings really bad.
My trumotion is off, since it really is, how I look at it, a gimmick.Picture is just not what is should be with it on, at least that is
my personal taste.
I am still playing with settings, still not happy.Still washed out, not sharp.My friend just bought his TV(another brand) last month and his picture is
so much better, I was just really not happy.Specially since he payed just a little more than I did.
It is pain and this thing doesn't fit in my car, ah
post #1007 of 3968 Old 07-31-2012, 09:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUZZ1977 View Post

Amazon app? How did you get that?

Lol - I didn't, I was thinking of the Roku. Good catch.
post #1008 of 3968 Old 08-01-2012, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

I need those settings really bad.

I did some more fiddling last night and got a bit more black level and more 'pop' using these settings:

Energy saving; OFF
Backlight: 55 (play around with this, according to room light)
Contrast: 93
Brightness 50 (this may be set higher if room has ambient light)
H. Sharpness 30
V. Sharpness 30
Color 55
Tint G5
Color Temp: Warm
Super Resolution: OFF
Local Dimming: LOW
Dynamic Contrast: OFF
Edge Enhancement: Low
Color Filter: OFF
Gamma: 2.2
Colour Temperature: WARM
Method: 2 POINTS
Pattern: OUTER

Color Management White Balance (Saturation, Tint, Luminance):
Red 1, 5, 2
Green 3, 6, 0
Blue -8, -6, 2
Yellow -2, -1, 0
Cyan 3, 8, 0
Magenta -3, 0, 0

Noise Reduction OFF
MPEG Noise Reduction OFF
Black Level LOW
Real Cinema OFF
LED Local Dimming LOW
TruMotion User setting Dejudder: 2, Deblur: 5 (personal preference)

Get a good HD signal source. I like a live baseball game in a sunny setting or else one of the live HD cable news broadcasts. Try my settings and then switch back and forth with the settings (i.e. Standard with your tweaks) you have found to be the best. Adjust the settings in Expert 1 to suit your eyes.
unijabass likes this.
post #1009 of 3968 Old 08-01-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powrwrap View Post

I did some more fiddling last night and got a bit more black level and more 'pop' using these settings:
Energy saving; OFF
H. Sharpness 30
V. Sharpness 30
Color 55
Tint G5
Red 1, 5, 2
Green 3, 6, 0
Blue -8, -6, 2
Yellow -2, -1, 0
Cyan 3, 8, 0
Magenta -3, 0, 0
Noise Reduction OFF
MPEG Noise Reduction OFF
Black Level LOW
Real Cinema OFF
LED Local Dimming LOW
Get a good HD signal source. I like a live baseball game in a sunny setting or else one of the live HD cable news broadcasts. Try my settings and then switch back and forth with the settings (i.e. Standard with your tweaks) you have found to be the best. Adjust the settings in Expert 1 to suit your eyes.

Thanks very much!I'll try it right now.
post #1010 of 3968 Old 08-02-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzkiwisteve View Post

Thought I'd add my 2 cents worth to the flashlighting dilemma.
After sending my first 55LM7600 back due to excessive bleeding I discovered my replacement set was only a little better. I was quite disappointed and had arranged to visit the store manager to discuss the issue, photo evidence on my phone. But I got home one afternoon some days later and the tv had been on for a few hours and I realised I could hardly see the problem. Even in the worst case just after the set is switched on there was only the slightest bleeding visible in the bottom corners and the upper right corner. Now, a few days later, it has settled to a very low level. I'm beginning to believe that there is a period of "settling time" with this set as others have commented on.
So I decided to switch LED Local Dimming onto Low to get rid of the last traces of the problem and spent some time tweaking the other settings to get the grey scale performance to what I consider acceptable, and to improve what I considered a "soft" image. Here are the settings I finally settled on (some of these settings come from information found in online reviews):

I'm on the same boat. Picked up my LG LM7600 last week from Best Buy. It had 4-5 spots of Backlight bleeding on the top, and another spot on the bottom left corner. Tried tweaking the picture settings and could not get them adjusted to a level I was comfortable with. Updated firmware, loosened screws, none of this made a difference. I ended up exchanging it for the same model.

My 2nd one still has backlight bleeding issues, but just on the top. Backlight bleeding is not as bad as the first one. If the backlight bleeding was evenly spread out I wouldn't have an issue with it. But the fact that they're round spots on the top edge ruins it for me. Once I've seen it, I'm always looking for the flaw and it bugs me. As others on here have stated, a $1700 TV should not have any flaws. The flashlighting isn't just noticeable when switching inputs, but also with the black letterbox, darker movie scenes. Even in lighter movie scenes, the flashlighting will cause colors to be washed out.

At this point I'm torn between either trying for a 3rd LG 7600, or going with some else entirely. I love everything else about the TV so much that I'm willing to give LG a third chance. Or I may either go with a Samsung LED TV, or just go to the dark side with a Plasma (Panasonic GT50 or VT50).

Based on what I've read, the flashlighting is usually more of a problem with edgelit LED TV's that have a thinner bezel. My concerns about going with a plasma is of course the burn-in, inferior 3D (plus who wants to pay $50+ for 3D glasses), not as aesthetically pleasing, heavier, bulkier, hotter, buzzing, dull colors (white levels), performance in low light.

I'm surprised at how high the reviews have been for the LG LM7600 (Amazon, Best Buy.com) compared to comparable Samsung LED models. Most people must not notice the backlight bleeding. When I took my first one in, the customer service girl was giving me weird looks. They tested the TV out in Best Buy and could not really see the issue, but of course the store was extremely well-lit.
post #1011 of 3968 Old 08-02-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vater View Post

I'm on the same boat. Picked up my LG LM7600 last week from Best Buy. It had 4-5 spots of Backlight bleeding on the top, and another spot on the bottom left corner. Tried tweaking the picture settings and could not get them adjusted to a level I was comfortable with. Updated firmware, loosened screws, none of this made a difference. I ended up exchanging it for the same model.
My 2nd one still has backlight bleeding issues, but just on the top. Backlight bleeding is not as bad as the first one. If the backlight bleeding was evenly spread out I wouldn't have an issue with it. But the fact that they're round spots on the top edge ruins it for me. Once I've seen it, I'm always looking for the flaw and it bugs me. As others on here have stated, a $1700 TV should not have any flaws. The flashlighting isn't just noticeable when switching inputs, but also with the black letterbox, darker movie scenes. Even in lighter movie scenes, the flashlighting will cause colors to be washed out.

I had good success with reducing bleed on my 6700 (same frame I think) by loosening some screws. Try loosening them a few turns, tapping on the back and lightly rubbing the front edge. I know it's a crapshoot, but it worked on my set and got the bleed down to a minimal level. I think the new minimal edging makes these far more prone to light bleed.

Oh and I got called a Troll in the 6700 forum for suggesting this.... lol

Rob
post #1012 of 3968 Old 08-02-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vater View Post

I'm surprised at how high the reviews have been for the LG LM7600 (Amazon, Best Buy.com) compared to comparable Samsung LED models. Most people must not notice the backlight bleeding.

I tried two comparable Samsungs and had the same issues. At this moment I'm not sure any ultra thin, edge lit LED is immune from the problem.

Feel free to be disappointed in that fact... I am. mad.gif
post #1013 of 3968 Old 08-02-2012, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjadams1977 View Post

I believe the the dual core is for the smart features only, they don't affect motion performance on the set. I am sorry if that is wrong, but is what I was lead to believe. The main difference is that the 6700 is a 60hz panel that achieves 120hz through interpolation and backlight scanning and the 7600 is a 120hz panel that achieves 240hz through interpolation and backlight scanning. If you still have the 6700 try setting it for game mode, so that it will turn all post production off on the set and see if the blur is still excessive. The LG have an is issue with severe overdrive trailing and blur when things like Tru-motion are employed and things like digital noise reduction(NR) are employed. Hope that helps?
post #1014 of 3968 Old 08-02-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Shankenstein View Post

I believe the the dual core is for the smart features only, they don't affect motion performance on the set. I am sorry if that is wrong, but is what I was lead to believe. The main difference is that the 6700 is a 60hz panel that achieves 120hz through interpolation and backlight scanning and the 7600 is a 120hz panel that achieves 240hz through interpolation and backlight scanning. If you still have the 6700 try setting it for game mode, so that it will turn all post production off on the set and see if the blur is still excessive. The LG have an is issue with severe overdrive trailing and blur when things like Tru-motion are employed and things like digital noise reduction(NR) are employed. Hope that helps?

It's a stark difference from last year where panel speeds were as advertised and 24p support was in the feature list (of the LW6500 anyhow). LG has way too many models this year and is not as upfront about features which is rather disappointing.

Rob
post #1015 of 3968 Old 08-04-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:

Energy saving; OFF
H. Sharpness 30
V. Sharpness 30
Color 55
Tint G5
Red 1, 5, 2
Green 3, 6, 0
Blue -8, -6, 2
Yellow -2, -1, 0
Cyan 3, 8, 0
Magenta -3, 0, 0
Noise Reduction OFF
MPEG Noise Reduction OFF
Black Level LOW
Real Cinema OFF
LED Local Dimming LOW

Wow, best settings I had so far.To my eyes it looks much better than anything I had.It also helped a bit with sharpness, looks a bit better focused. I still do have a problem with moving objects
getting little blurry though, but less than before. This also helped with contrast a lot I feel.
Light bleed is still there,I'm trying to ignore it.Thinking of keeping it now.
Thanks so much for sharing powrwrap !!!Olympics look amazing now, I must say:)
post #1016 of 3968 Old 08-05-2012, 02:53 PM

I sprung for the 55LM7600 at Best Buy last night. They price matched to $1405. Looking forward to getting it on Friday (my choice for delivery). Got the BP620 player to go with it, and finally able to pick up an Apple TV since my 65" 10 year old Mitsubishi rear projection "Beast" has no HDMI. I am going to keep using my Onkyo HT-R500 for the time being. Already have a WD Live TV Hub for storage of videos, pics and music. I appreciate the setting discussions that are posted in here, as it will be a huge help once it arrives. Very pleased with the price, as I have been looking at LG 120hz options for some time, and was able to get this cheaper than what I have seen at Amazon or BB for the 120hz.
post #1017 of 3968 Old 08-05-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:

Wow, best settings I had so far.To my eyes it looks much better than anything.
Light bleed is still there,I'm trying to ignore it.Thinking of keeping it now.
Thanks so much for sharing powrwrap !!!Olympics look amazing now, I must say:)

Glad to hear it!

Try this for the light bleed. I presume the light bleed is along the perimeter of the bezel area. If so, using your thumb on the black border along the edge of the screen and your forefinger on the back of the TV (along the bezel) lightly pinch the TV and run your finger and thumb lengthwise along the bleed area. Play around a bit. Experiment with varying finger pressure. This is a variation on the technique of loosening the screws and re-tightening them that others have suggested. I didn't have much light bleed to begin with but I've virtually eliminated with this simple pinch technique.
unijabass likes this.
post #1018 of 3968 Old 08-05-2012, 08:12 PM

Thanks one more time.
Funny thing, since I mounted tv on the wall light bleed has diminished considerably.
Now I kind of have to try hard to see it, in completely dark room.Nice surprise.
smile.gif
post #1019 of 3968 Old 08-06-2012, 04:01 AM

Quote:

Glad to hear it!
Try this for the light bleed. I presume the light bleed is along the perimeter of the bezel area. If so, using your thumb on the black border along the edge of the screen and your forefinger on the back of the TV (along the bezel) lightly pinch the TV and run your finger and thumb lengthwise along the bleed area. Play around a bit. Experiment with varying finger pressure. This is a variation on the technique of loosening the screws and re-tightening them that others have suggested. I didn't have much light bleed to begin with but I've virtually eliminated with this simple pinch technique.

How much pressure are you applying when doing this? Do you have the tv on while doing this, I assume? Are the results immediate?
post #1020 of 3968 Old 08-06-2012, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amajamar View Post

How much pressure are you applying when doing this? Do you have the tv on while doing this, I assume? Are the results immediate?

TV is on at the time. Try it with no signal on the screen or else with content where you can consistently see the light bleed.

I don't use very much pressure at all. Hard to describe how much pressure I use but here goes--Suppose you have a brand new tube of toothpaste. You uncap it and place thumb and forefinger on opposite sides of the tube in the middle of the length of tube. Apply pressure until toothpaste starts coming out of the tube. I would say that amount of pressure is a bit more pressure than I used. It doesn't take much effort and results are immediate. Start out with very little pressure and see what happens. When you apply pressure you can see the light bleed shape change. When you are applying light pressure and slide thumb and finger along the edge of the TV you can watch the light bleed shape move and follow your thumb/finger position. It's quite weird--sort of like you're using a paint brush stroke set on wide pattern in a painting software program.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Displays , Onkyo Tx Nr609 7 2 Channel Network Thx Certified A V Receiver , Lg Nb3520a Sound Bar Audio System With Wireless Subwoofer Bluetooth Streaming , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page