Official LG XXLM7600 Owners Thread... - Page 40 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1171 of 4006 Old 09-04-2012, 03:24 AM
Member
 
prbear8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thx1138 View Post

Since upgrading to 04.10.00, I'm unable to signin on the home screen. I'm getting this error "unstable network or server. Try later." Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm having the same problem since updating my tv to 04.10.01. Does anyone know how to roll back to the previous firmware version?

Thanks,
Dave
prbear8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1172 of 4006 Old 09-04-2012, 05:56 AM
Senior Member
 
badvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 301
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Did that and they added the "white glove" shipping of $189 to the match making it a non deal


Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfitz View Post

You need to contact the Large Item Department at Amazon. Amazon will price match on tv's from a list of stores, including Fry's. Tell them where you saw a tv, they will verify, and in general you have 24 hours to place your order. You will pay the Amazon price, once shipped, contact the Large Item Department again, to have them credit your account.
I picked up the 47" last week, for $799, and it qualified for 24 months, 0% interest using the Amazon Store card. I am pretty sure they 55 qualifies too.
badvideo is offline  
post #1173 of 4006 Old 09-04-2012, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
caloyzki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by thx1138 View Post

Weird, I'm set to ISF1, but I do not have the ISF control menu option under tint. Mine says Expert Control,and there are no options for horizontal/vertical.
Here's what my menu looks like with ISF1 selected:

And here's what it looks like with Standard selected:

The menu changes from Expert Control to Advanced Control, but no ISF control. I have a 55LM7600, with firmware 04.04.05


i have the same problem with my TV. i dont have the ISF control too... where i could find that?

Panasonic 60VT60
Energy RC 70 fronts
Energy RC LCR center
Energy RC LCR surrounds
Rythmik LV12R and Mirage Omni 12 subwoofers
Denon 2112CI
caloyzki is offline  
post #1174 of 4006 Old 09-04-2012, 08:24 AM
Senior Member
 
Evil4blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just curious, I see some are talking about a new firmware and an "alternate" server...can someone point me to this mythical server so I can download this magical firmware. I seem to be stuck on 4.02.85.

Thx!
Evil4blue is offline  
post #1175 of 4006 Old 09-04-2012, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
caloyzki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil4blue View Post

Just curious, I see some are talking about a new firmware and an "alternate" server...can someone point me to this mythical server so I can download this magical firmware. I seem to be stuck on 4.02.85.
Thx!

LG.jpg 278k .jpg file

just got my set yesterday, and i have the same firmware that you have. a lot of people are complaining after they update the firmware they have experienced a lot of problems. so better wait for the LG website to release the legit firmware.
btw, do you have any ISF control under ISF settings? coz i dont have mine, and i saw some people have it on their sets. ty
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LG.jpg (277.7 KB, 32 views)

Panasonic 60VT60
Energy RC 70 fronts
Energy RC LCR center
Energy RC LCR surrounds
Rythmik LV12R and Mirage Omni 12 subwoofers
Denon 2112CI
caloyzki is offline  
post #1176 of 4006 Old 09-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Member
 
Schmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got my 47LM7600 last week and I am encountering a deal-breaker and wanted to see if any one else had this issue. I skimmed through most of the response to this thread but really didn't see anyone mentioning this issue.

My issue is that the built-in Netflix and Vudu apps stutter quite regularly throughout a playing of a movie / tv show. It is playing smooth and then all of a sudden a small jump and then smooth.... rinse and repeat.

Initially, I thought it may be because I hooked it up via Wi-Fi for convenience. So, I finished off my hard-wiring and connected via Ethernet cable and still have the same issue. I plug my laptop into that same Ethernet cable and I am getting 30Mbps down and 4Mbps up. That doesn't seem to be an issue.

I then play a measly SD preview off of VUDU and I see the same stutter in playback.

I then hook up my XBOX to the same Ethernet connection and hook it up to the TV, not stuttering. I even tried these same apps on my 55LW5600 that I have in the other room and I see no problems.

I changed every setting I could on the set to try to eliminate the problem but to no avail.

Is anyone else having this kind of issue or did I just get a bum set where the processor just doesn't seem to be keeping up with the streaming (or the networking components in my actual TV are having issues since my connection is just fine).

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Schmo is offline  
post #1177 of 4006 Old 09-04-2012, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
caloyzki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 45
here are my settings after do some tweaks. awesome result.

2D
Energy Saving: Off
Picture Mode: Expert1
Backlight: 32
Contrast: 75
Brightness: 53
H Sharpness: 0
V Sharpness: 0
Color: 50
Tint: 0
Expert Control
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Super Resolution Off
Color Gamut: BT709
Edge Enhancer Off
xvYCC
Color Filter Off
Expert Pattern
Gamma: 2.2 or 2.4
White Balance
Color Temperature: Warm
Method: 2-Point and 20-point
Pattern: Outer
High: R -10, G 0, B +7
Low: R +1, G 0, B +8
20-point
10: R +2, G +1, B -3
15: R +1, G +1, B -1
95: R 0, G 0, B +2
All Others: R 0, G 0, B 0


2D/3D Picture Option
Noise Reduction: Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Black Level Low
Real Cinema ----
Eye Care Off
LED Local Dimming High
TruMotion Off

Panasonic 60VT60
Energy RC 70 fronts
Energy RC LCR center
Energy RC LCR surrounds
Rythmik LV12R and Mirage Omni 12 subwoofers
Denon 2112CI
caloyzki is offline  
post #1178 of 4006 Old 09-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Member
 
grunt66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmo View Post

I just got my 47LM7600 last week and I am encountering a deal-breaker and wanted to see if any one else had this issue. I skimmed through most of the response to this thread but really didn't see anyone mentioning this issue.
My issue is that the built-in Netflix and Vudu apps stutter quite regularly throughout a playing of a movie / tv show. It is playing smooth and then all of a sudden a small jump and then smooth.... rinse and repeat.
Initially, I thought it may be because I hooked it up via Wi-Fi for convenience. So, I finished off my hard-wiring and connected via Ethernet cable and still have the same issue. I plug my laptop into that same Ethernet cable and I am getting 30Mbps down and 4Mbps up. That doesn't seem to be an issue.
I then play a measly SD preview off of VUDU and I see the same stutter in playback.
I then hook up my XBOX to the same Ethernet connection and hook it up to the TV, not stuttering. I even tried these same apps on my 55LW5600 that I have in the other room and I see no problems.
I changed every setting I could on the set to try to eliminate the problem but to no avail.
Is anyone else having this kind of issue or did I just get a bum set where the processor just doesn't seem to be keeping up with the streaming (or the networking components in my actual TV are having issues since my connection is just fine).
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I was doing some researching on this set and came across this review addressing the issue you are speaking about: "LG is obviously mainly responsible for the platform but they should really demand more from their app developers and partners. Some video apps adjust picture quality depending on the speed of the Internet connection (we are connected through a 8 Mbit/s) but the video quality is still far lower than for example Netflix or iTunes on the Apple TV (1080p) box connected on to same Internet connection. We also experienced out-of-sync voice and picture moments often; especially after pausing or rewinding - and some video streaming apps even froze from time to time". Here is the direct web link: http://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php?subaction=showfull&id=1333359799
grunt66 is offline  
post #1179 of 4006 Old 09-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Senior Member
 
GatorRican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsiv View Post

So I have some minor light bleed along the top. I decided to try loosening the rear screws and it kinda works...temporarily. One spot won't go away, but is quite minor. I actually made the bleed worse at one point. I adjusted everything and tightened the screws back down. Now, if I clean my screen, pushing on it makes a creaking noise and the bleed returns. I now have it as good as it is getting as long as I don't mess with it.
TV1-LG 60PM6700-Debris behind screen. Audio sync off with 24 fps content. Wouldn't play 1080i encoded blurays properly. 3D sucked.
TV2-Same issues as TV1
TV3-LG 55LM6700. Bad light bleed. Horrible uniformity. Pre trumotion update.
TV4-LG 60PM6500 Horrible dithering to the point of disrupting lines on letterbox content. Green specks all over even after calibrated.
TV5-Samsung PN64E550. Buzzing. Picture looked terrible with anything but bluray. Shadow detail and facial textures were horrible. 3D sucked.
TV6-Epson 8350 projector. No issues actually. Was gonna run dual displays but ran into issues without spoofing the HDMI connection. Had to go back.
TV7-LG 55LM6700(again). Uniformity issues but ok with local dimming on. Would not display 720p Bluray rips from my apple tv without dropping frames due to the 60hz panel.
TV8-LG 55LM7600. Everything works great. Minor light bleed at top but all else is good.
After everything I've been through the past 5 months, I can live with the minor light bleed. They all have flaws. Every model that you choose. Every brand. Not a single one is perfect. You just have to decide which flaw you can live with. This TV looks gorgeous. The picture is amazing. Motion is good with the 7600. 3D is awesome. Don't have to worry about my kids accidentally burning it in. No buzzing. Uniformity is good on my set. My apple tv rips work great with it. Just watched Game of Thrones on bluray and it is mind blowing. As a consumer you shouldn't have to go through 8 TVs to find one that actually works. But that is the state of things at this time.

No wonder TV prices are not going down...

Panasonic TC-P55ST50
Panasonic DMP-BDT 220
Sony HT-CT100
Sony PS4
Sony PS3 Slim
PSN: Rican21
GatorRican is offline  
post #1180 of 4006 Old 09-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Evil4blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

LG.jpg 278k .jpg file
just got my set yesterday, and i have the same firmware that you have. a lot of people are complaining after they update the firmware they have experienced a lot of problems. so better wait for the LG website to release the legit firmware.
btw, do you have any ISF control under ISF settings? coz i dont have mine, and i saw some people have it on their sets. ty

I appreciate you saving me from myself, but I'd still like to at least know the address of this firmware server. Thanks
Evil4blue is offline  
post #1181 of 4006 Old 09-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Member
 
carbonwhiskey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Is this a native 120Hz panel with 240Hz TruMotion?

Does it suffer from motion blur/ghosting? I am not sure if I am using the term "ghosting" correctly. It looks like a person's outline glows when they move.

I bought a 47LM6200 from Amazon, and despite the 120Hz TruMotion claim, the TV had severe motion blur and ghosting. Also a lot of jutter when the camera panned, despite TruMotion being set to Clear. mad.gif

I ordered the 7600 to replace the 6200, hoping that it would solve the problem. I check it out at Best Buy and it looked ok, but they only had the 55'' model out and it was in demo mode. I could only watch some ESPN in 3D, so I can't be sure.

I also have a 42'' Panasonic Viera ET5, and I've never seen ANY motion blur or ghosting on that unit.

Are you guys getting a good experience with the 7600?
carbonwhiskey is offline  
post #1182 of 4006 Old 09-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Senior Member
 
thx1138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 234
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil4blue View Post

I appreciate you saving me from myself, but I'd still like to at least know the address of this firmware server. Thanks

Directions how to change to the alternate server: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1399636/official-lg-xxlm7600-owners-thread/930#post_22236794

More info can be found here: http://openlgtv.org.ru/wiki/index.php/Access_hidden_service_menus_/_modes
thx1138 is offline  
post #1183 of 4006 Old 09-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Member
 
jtown017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
how does this tv do with sports and gaming?
does the motion control (240hz) help these?

i need a tv asap but will mostly use it for sports and gaming!
jtown017 is offline  
post #1184 of 4006 Old 09-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Evil4blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thx1138 View Post

Directions how to change to the alternate server: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1399636/official-lg-xxlm7600-owners-thread/930#post_22236794
More info can be found here: http://openlgtv.org.ru/wiki/index.php/Access_hidden_service_menus_/_modes

Thanks, This should make for some interesting reading.
Evil4blue is offline  
post #1185 of 4006 Old 09-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Member
 
carbonwhiskey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown017 View Post

how does this tv do with sports and gaming?
does the motion control (240hz) help these?
i need a tv asap but will mostly use it for sports and gaming!

Mine is coming tomorrow, so I will let you know. I will be looking for those things specifically, as I am replacing an LM6200 with the 7600 due to the motion blur and ghosting on the 6200.

Apparently the 120Hz claim on the 6200 is false. It is really a 60Hz panel and 120Hz is achieved via backlight scanning.

I have heard rumors going both ways on the 7600. Some say it is a native 120Hz panel with 240Hz via backlight scanning. Some say it is a native 60Hz panel with 240Hz via backlight scanning.

If you look at the Amazon reviews, although the majority of reviews are positive, a few 1-star reviews complain about the motion blur and jutter problem. Same thing on this forum, there are a few negative and a few positive reviews concerning those parameters. I tend to focus on negative reviews now as the 6200 had great positive reviews on Amazon, and only a handful of negative ones--but the negative ones were right.

I did get to check out a 55LM7600 at best buy and watched ESPN 3D (only channel to watch in demo mode) skateboarding. I didn't see any motion blur then, and went ahead with the order. Hopefully it holds up.
carbonwhiskey is offline  
post #1186 of 4006 Old 09-04-2012, 11:12 PM
Member
 
quaker_18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
HI,

i set the aspect ratio to "Just Scan" and have connected a indoor antena to watch free to air channels. When the picture occupies full screen, i don't see any issue. but when the picture size is smaller(not sure what it is called, but this typically happens during advertisements), the picture seems to be vibrating. i see double lines in the letter.

anyone facing the same problem? any solution?

Also pretty sad to see the price of this TV going down so much. i got 47' TV for $1048@Frys. but now it is $799. so sad.
quaker_18 is offline  
post #1187 of 4006 Old 09-04-2012, 11:39 PM
Member
 
jtown017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonwhiskey View Post

Mine is coming tomorrow, so I will let you know. I will be looking for those things specifically, as I am replacing an LM6200 with the 7600 due to the motion blur and ghosting on the 6200.
Apparently the 120Hz claim on the 6200 is false. It is really a 60Hz panel and 120Hz is achieved via backlight scanning.
I have heard rumors going both ways on the 7600. Some say it is a native 120Hz panel with 240Hz via backlight scanning. Some say it is a native 60Hz panel with 240Hz via backlight scanning.
If you look at the Amazon reviews, although the majority of reviews are positive, a few 1-star reviews complain about the motion blur and jutter problem. Same thing on this forum, there are a few negative and a few positive reviews concerning those parameters. I tend to focus on negative reviews now as the 6200 had great positive reviews on Amazon, and only a handful of negative ones--but the negative ones were right.
I did get to check out a 55LM7600 at best buy and watched ESPN 3D (only channel to watch in demo mode) skateboarding. I didn't see any motion blur then, and went ahead with the order. Hopefully it holds up.

I would greatly appreciate it!
Thats basically the use I would have for it is sports and gaming.

Thanks man! After reading the forum, if i recall correctly, you have to rename the inputs to PC to get the least lag.
jtown017 is offline  
post #1188 of 4006 Old 09-05-2012, 01:32 AM
Member
 
carbonwhiskey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown017 View Post

After reading the forum, if i recall correctly, you have to rename the inputs to PC to get the least lag.

What? What lag and what would renaming an input have to do with it?
carbonwhiskey is offline  
post #1189 of 4006 Old 09-05-2012, 06:29 AM
Senior Member
 
boxorox87's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 225
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonwhiskey View Post

What? What lag and what would renaming an input have to do with it?

Input lag(video game). Changing the name of the input actually stops some processing from occurring.
carbonwhiskey likes this.
boxorox87 is offline  
post #1190 of 4006 Old 09-05-2012, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
caloyzki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxorox87 View Post

Input lag(video game). Changing the name of the input actually stops some processing from occurring.

so it means, if my HDMI 1 is connected to my ps3, instead of labelling it to game, better label it to PC?

Panasonic 60VT60
Energy RC 70 fronts
Energy RC LCR center
Energy RC LCR surrounds
Rythmik LV12R and Mirage Omni 12 subwoofers
Denon 2112CI
caloyzki is offline  
post #1191 of 4006 Old 09-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Senior Member
 
boxorox87's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 225
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

so it means, if my HDMI 1 is connected to my ps3, instead of labelling it to game, better label it to PC?

Not necessarily true, but, if you notice any input lag, try the "PC" input label.
I have the LM8600 and the input lag is horrible. I have yet to find any configuration that helps(360)
boxorox87 is offline  
post #1192 of 4006 Old 09-05-2012, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
caloyzki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxorox87 View Post

Not necessarily true, but, if you notice any input lag, try the "PC" input label.
I have the LM8600 and the input lag is horrible. I have yet to find any configuration that helps(360)

i see, i havent try to play a game yet with this tv, but i will try soon. but how come if im watching tv from my cable, the tv banner only says 60hrz??? how and where i can enable the 240hrz???

Panasonic 60VT60
Energy RC 70 fronts
Energy RC LCR center
Energy RC LCR surrounds
Rythmik LV12R and Mirage Omni 12 subwoofers
Denon 2112CI
caloyzki is offline  
post #1193 of 4006 Old 09-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Evil4blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

i see, i havent try to play a game yet with this tv, but i will try soon. but how come if im watching tv from my cable, the tv banner only says 60hrz??? how and where i can enable the 240hrz???

The banner is showing you the source resolution and refresh rate, not that of the TV Panel. I thought I read that the naitive refresh rate on this TV was 120hz and TruMotion interpolates to 240hz. Either way, if you want to get the "effect" of 240hz, turn on TruMotion in your menu. That being said, TruMotion won't help input lag, it should only make it worse because of the extra processing.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Evil4blue is offline  
post #1194 of 4006 Old 09-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Senior Member
 
boxorox87's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 225
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil4blue View Post

The banner is showing you the source resolution and refresh rate, not that of the TV Panel. I thought I read that the naitive refresh rate on this TV was 120hz and TruMotion interpolates to 240hz. Either way, if you want to get the "effect" of 240hz, turn on TruMotion in your menu. That being said, TruMotion won't help input lag, it should only make it worse because of the extra processing.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

True, but I am pretty sure you don'y even have the option for trumotion on the PC or Game modes or input labels.
boxorox87 is offline  
post #1195 of 4006 Old 09-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Member
 
HorizonChaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Almost to the Horizon
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Best Buy is having a sale on the 55LM7600 through Saturday. For $1800 + tax you get the set, 6 additional pairs of 3d glasses and an LG 3d BD player. I really wanted the 55LM9600, but its 1080p24 motion trails/blur issue is a deal-breaker for me. So, I may settle for this set and its deal. I'll watch a lot of tv, but a lot more Blu-Rays and upscaled DVDs.

What do you think? Is the deal worth it? Is this set worthy of being my primary tv set for the next 15-20 years? (I just cannot read through 1200+ posts to see all the praise and pitfalls of this set, so I need your opinions and summary of its pros & cons.) Thanks!
HorizonChaser is offline  
post #1196 of 4006 Old 09-05-2012, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
caloyzki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorizonChaser View Post

Best Buy is having a sale on the 55LM7600 through Saturday. For $1800 + tax you get the set, 6 additional pairs of 3d glasses and an LG 3d BD player. I really wanted the 55LM9600, but its 1080p24 motion trails/blur issue is a deal-breaker for me. So, I may settle for this set and its deal. I'll watch a lot of tv, but a lot more Blu-Rays and upscaled DVDs.
What do you think? Is the deal worth it? Is this set worthy of being my primary tv set for the next 15-20 years? (I just cannot read through 1200+ posts to see all the praise and pitfalls of this set, so I need your opinions and summary of its pros & cons.) Thanks!

yes indeed! pretty nice tv set. i also get those bundle from BB. nice deal.

Panasonic 60VT60
Energy RC 70 fronts
Energy RC LCR center
Energy RC LCR surrounds
Rythmik LV12R and Mirage Omni 12 subwoofers
Denon 2112CI
caloyzki is offline  
post #1197 of 4006 Old 09-05-2012, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
caloyzki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil4blue View Post

The banner is showing you the source resolution and refresh rate, not that of the TV Panel. I thought I read that the naitive refresh rate on this TV was 120hz and TruMotion interpolates to 240hz. Either way, if you want to get the "effect" of 240hz, turn on TruMotion in your menu. That being said, TruMotion won't help input lag, it should only make it worse because of the extra processing.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

pls be specific, what do u mean by "if you want to get the "effect" of 240hz, turn on TruMotion in your menu" coz when u turn the trumotion on it has a lot of choices,smooth...etc. which one the the best among them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxorox87 View Post

True, but I am pretty sure you don'y even have the option for trumotion on the PC or Game modes or input labels.

i dont use my laptop to my tv, but i am gonna use my set for gaming too that i havent tried any game yet.i wonder during games we will experience a worse lag on this set?

Panasonic 60VT60
Energy RC 70 fronts
Energy RC LCR center
Energy RC LCR surrounds
Rythmik LV12R and Mirage Omni 12 subwoofers
Denon 2112CI
caloyzki is offline  
post #1198 of 4006 Old 09-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Member
 
powrwrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorizonChaser View Post

Best Buy is having a sale on the 55LM7600 through Saturday. For $1800 + tax you get the set, 6 additional pairs of 3d glasses and an LG 3d BD player. I really wanted the 55LM9600, but its 1080p24 motion trails/blur issue is a deal-breaker for me. So, I may settle for this set and its deal. I'll watch a lot of tv, but a lot more Blu-Rays and upscaled DVDs.
What do you think? Is the deal worth it? Is this set worthy of being my primary tv set for the next 15-20 years? (I just cannot read through 1200+ posts to see all the praise and pitfalls of this set, so I need your opinions and summary of its pros & cons.) Thanks!

I think you can get a slightly better deal. I bought my 55LM7600 in late June at Best Buy and they price matched Amazon for me. I also got the extra "Family Pack" of 3D glasses along with the 6 that come in with the set, for a total of 12 sets of 3D glasses. I did not get the LG 3D Blu-Ray player. My price was $1649 + tax. I'd give it a shot and see if Best Buy will match Amazon. They're desperate for business, are especially aware of the competition from Amazon and Wal Mart. I might have helped my cause to be able to say I was a member of Best Buy rewards club.

I've still got the 7600 in my shopping cart at Amazon. Every once in a while I check on the pricing and today it is $1,514.00.

Do you need the blu-ray player? What's it worth--$100 or so?

This is the first HDTV I've ever owned and I really love it. Unless technology changes I predict I'd be happy with it for the next 15 years.
powrwrap is offline  
post #1199 of 4006 Old 09-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Member
 
carbonwhiskey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Just got my 47'' LM7600 from Amazon via UPS today.

The box was beyond dented/ripped (holes in the box) but the TV itself looked in excellent condition after I unpacked it.

Too early for a full review, but just looking for the problems I saw on the 6200 (motion blur, ghosting and jutter), I am sad to report they are present on the 7600 as well (although not as bad).

During the first five minutes with the TV on, I was thrilled in that everything looked great. Great LG picture quality, and I didn't notice any motion blur or jutter. Then, after playing with the TruMotion settings (switched from Smooth to Clear) it became apparent. Thus, it appears it is software/firmware related, and has a lot to do with the backlight scanning as it gets better/worse with the various settings. I will keep playing with them to find the optimal setting, but for now it seems like the lower the better. Things got progressively worse as I dialed up the Smoothing and Jutter settings under the "user" setting.

For now, I am leaving the settings on "Smooth" which is 3 for De-Blur and 3 for De-Jutter. I think regular TV is watchable.

To compare, I tested this on regular TV (Friends sitcom) and a DVR recording of American Le Mans.

Again, this unit is MUCH improved over the 6200, but these problems seem to be still here. I don't think I got any lemons as both TVs show similar problems.

The unit itself is GORGEOUS with the thin bezel and aluminum/metal frame/stand.

A major negative in terms of quality control: a 3x5 section of major backlight bleed dead top center in the panel. I didn't notice this until I shut the curtains, and was majorly shocked and disappointed to see this. I have gone through maybe 10 panels in the past 2 months (Panasonic E50, panasonic ET5, LG LM6200, LG LM7600) and have NEVER seen backlight bleed until now. Wow.

I think with the deal I got on the panel, I will exchange it until I get a good quality one and keep that one. Although there is some slight motion blur/ghosting, I can deal with it.

To compare, I had ZERO problems with the Panasonic ET5. I can highly recommend that panel.

**Update**

1. I don't know why, but turning local dimming on seems to help with the motion blur/jutter. I didn't like this setting as it seemed to constantly adjust the brightness on the set (similar to what eco mode would do), but when it is on I notice the blur/jutter less.

2. Watching the US Open on ESPN, and it looks good overall. There is a bit of a trail on the ball, but it isn't a problem for me personally. The viewing experience is good. I am not sure if any sets out there offer zero trailing on balls. Maybe on the higher refresh rate units.
carbonwhiskey is offline  
post #1200 of 4006 Old 09-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Member
 
SEGMA98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
im in the market for one

is the screen glossy like the plasma tv?
how does this compare to LG 55G2?

thnx
SEGMA98 is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Displays , Onkyo Tx Nr609 7 2 Channel Network Thx Certified A V Receiver , Lg Nb3520a Sound Bar Audio System With Wireless Subwoofer Bluetooth Streaming , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off