Forum Jump: 

post #1261 of 3968 Old 09-09-2012, 08:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa8 View Post

Software Version 4.11.01 download this morning. There is now added controls for backlight using the Energy Savings option. Luminance and Strength. Have not tried it yet. At fist glance do not see any other changes.
Was watching a couple of Blu Ray movies yesterday, I could not be any happier about the picture quality of this TV. You need to find the correct settings (for you) but after that it really is capable of a very sharp correctly color saturated picture, with close up face shots that look very natural.
I have made a slight change to the THX day settings that have been posted here. That setting is actually very good. To suit my taste a little, I used those settings, but in the "Standard" mode rather than Expert 1 or Expert 2 mode.
That allowed me to use the sliding scale for warmth, letting me use something between Warm and the Middle setting, another words a little less red throughout the picture. (I use 30 to 35) also turn on the Control below "Dynamic Color" that keeps white colors white to low. (can't remember the control name - I'm not at home) I use Gamma on low which is the same as the 1.9 setting recommended in the Expert Setting. In addition I have the face color at +1 to green, grass color +1 to higher and sky color +1 to higher. All other settings are as the THX is. It is a very subtle difference.
These are little things that to me make this TV very customizable if you want to take the time.

How did you download this?? I just checked my tv and did not find the update!!
would you mind posting all the setting when you get home?? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 3968 Old 09-09-2012, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by davivascaino View Post

How did you download this?? I just checked my tv and did not find the update!!
would you mind posting all the setting when you get home?? thanks

i have the same thing im still on 4.02.85 firmware, they use an RCA remote to access to the sevice menu of the set, and they are using an alternate website to get the firmware which is not on the official LG website, and i guess oll of those firmware updates from alternate server is only Beta i assume but not sure. i only wait for the legit firmware that came from official LG website. and i heard when you access to the service menu it will also void youre warranty. ty

AVR: Denon 2112CI
post #1263 of 3968 Old 09-09-2012, 10:51 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got this TV on Friday and LOVE it so far. I used some of the calibration settings and it looks great. I do have slight LED bleeding from the top of the screen, but hopefully that will go away after the "settling period." It's not too bad. I'm watching my Saints on this, and I've been paying attention to the motion. I turned Trumotion off. I'm amazed at how well the TV handles motion. I can see the LACES on the ball as it flies through the air, even on the wide angle shots. Pretty impressive.

My only problem is the sound... I don't have a receiver with HDMI yet, so I have the digital audio going from my cable box to my receiver. The TV is connected to my box through HDMI. I can notice a slight lag on the picture from the sound... seems a bit more than the 5ms I've read about. It's slight, but noticeable. Are there any settings to reduce the video lag, or do I need to put a delay on my receiver(not sure if that's possible)?

BTW, Thank you all for the work you put into threads like this and the site itself. It's a huge asset to anybody willing to take the time to research TV's before and after buying.
post #1264 of 3968 Old 09-09-2012, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

one month from now as soon as my set will reach 100hrs of usage to get calibrated, Kevin Miller ISF Pro. Calibrator will calibrate my set, and i am very excited how will be the PQ will looks like. He said he's gonna do day settings and night settings, and also for the 3D settings too. also to get the right black and white levels! wow.

post #1265 of 3968 Old 09-09-2012, 02:02 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by bariumai View Post

My only problem is the sound... I don't have a receiver with HDMI yet, so I have the digital audio going from my cable box to my receiver. The TV is connected to my box through HDMI. I can notice a slight lag on the picture from the sound... seems a bit more than the 5ms I've read about. It's slight, but noticeable. Are there any settings to reduce the video lag, or do I need to put a delay on my receiver(not sure if that's possible)?

I have the cable box hooked up to the TV via HDMI. When I first set up my system I had that audio delay as well. My workaround was to not use the cable box for the audio, rather I ran an optical cable from the TV audio out to my stereo receiver (ten year old Sony, no HDMI).
post #1266 of 3968 Old 09-09-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_52 View Post

Ok I've got the instart,instop,ezmenu and power off buttons but I still need to bring up an advanced ezmenu, now what?
Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

you are aware of it that if you changed something on the ez menu they will voided ur warranty.

I think at this point I'm going to stay away from messing with anything. Don't want to lose my warranty or screw my tv

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
post #1267 of 3968 Old 09-09-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powrwrap View Post

I have the cable box hooked up to the TV via HDMI. When I first set up my system I had that audio delay as well. My workaround was to not use the cable box for the audio, rather I ran an optical cable from the TV audio out to my stereo receiver (ten year old Sony, no HDMI).

I have the same issue. Setup: verizon fios cable box -> HDMI -> LG TV -> Optical audio out cable -> Pioneer VSX-821 Receiver ->Sound System

I believe that's what you described but I still get the same 5-10ms lip sync lag. The AV Sync option on the TV seems to help a little bit but still not perfect. Any suggestions?

Appreciate the community's help!
post #1268 of 3968 Old 09-09-2012, 02:48 PM

While watching the BMW PGA Championship today, I noticed two golf ball images during tee shots. Could the forum let me know if this is normal for an LED TV? I am coming from a 4 year old Samsung LCD and do not recall ever noticing this issue. For reference, I have my tru motion setting at "user" at 2,4.

Thanks in advance.
post #1269 of 3968 Old 09-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 39
Quote:

i have the same thing im still on 4.02.85 firmware, they use an RCA remote to access to the sevice menu of the set, and they are using an alternate website to get the firmware which is not on the official LG website

These downloads are from LG and nowhere else. It is well known right from this thread how to get them from your TV, not from any other alternative website.
post #1270 of 3968 Old 09-09-2012, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

These downloads are from LG and nowhere else. It is well known right from this thread how to get them from your TV, not from any other alternative website.

Really? How come if its from LG they dont post on there official LG website? And i called LG regarding those updates and they said tgey are not aware of those updates.

post #1271 of 3968 Old 09-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Advanced Member

Your assertion the we are getting these from some website or other source is just wrong. I don't go to any website to get them. It's a setting from the TV. If you want to believe otherwise you are free to think so.
post #1272 of 3968 Old 09-10-2012, 06:03 AM
Advanced Member

Real Cinema has no soap opera effect. Maybe you are confused with Tru Motion? Real Cinema is greyed out in Game mode If you are using an expert mode or standard mode for instance, with Uverse, and you Real Cinema should not be greyed out....
post #1273 of 3968 Old 09-10-2012, 06:07 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by drenched View Post

Can anyone help with the "real cinema" setting on this set. It's grayed out on my tv while watching a blu-ray or even while watching from my U-Verse box. I had read that it could possibly be grayed out depending on the source? Can anybody confirm this? I just wanted to check out this "soap opera effect" that everybody is talking about, since I don't recall ever really seeing it before.link

I own the LM8600 and I am also using it with Uverse. It is not greyed out. I do know it doesn't activate unless 24fps is being sent to the television, but I can still turn it on or off regardless.

Check to make sure you are sending a 1080 signal to the television and not 720p. That might be your issue.
post #1274 of 3968 Old 09-10-2012, 02:38 PM

Liked: 14
For those on the alternate/engineering server, a new update (04.11.05) was released today.
post #1275 of 3968 Old 09-10-2012, 03:22 PM

Hello, i got this tv and i like it a lot, good PQ and awesome features, but i would like to know if the medialink app can play 24p content, the movies on my pc are 23.976 fps and i've read that it qualifyes as 24p but the application or the tv, i don't know which, is still playing the content on 60hz. Is there a way to configure the app to send 24p?.
post #1276 of 3968 Old 09-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Watching Titanic 3D right now. Truly amazing on the 7600. Cameron is the master. Even if you aren't a fan of the movie, you must see this.

post #1277 of 3968 Old 09-10-2012, 09:43 PM

Anybody else having a hard time navigating the web browser?
I tried to load up some youtube videos or some flash websites and it takes forever to load (it's not my internet) or even if it loads it just keep lagging and sometime I only hear the sound coming from the video but not the image. WTH, i have 04.02.85 btw.
And for those who are on the alternate server thing, how do you get on there? and is the new firmware fix the web browser problem?
Thanks!!smile.gif
post #1278 of 3968 Old 09-10-2012, 11:18 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Would it be possible for those users connected to the alternate servers to upload the firmware files here so that other people can download them to a USB stick and manually update?
post #1279 of 3968 Old 09-11-2012, 05:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonwhiskey View Post

Would it be possible for those users connected to the alternate servers to upload the firmware files here so that other people can download them to a USB stick and manually update?

yes, i read most of the threads other tv models here on this site and most of the people help each other and share each other, but on this thread seems all the owners dont help or share each other.
lilbigman76 likes this.

post #1280 of 3968 Old 09-11-2012, 11:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My 2 cents...

My pani P50g25 died on me the other day. I read the reviews for the 55LM7600 on Amazon and Best Buy then went to Best buy to check it out.

I was caught up between the new pani P50GT50 and the 7600. I went with the LG because of the WOW factor and the 3d.

So here's my review so far... The LG is a nice TV but isn't perfect.

Out of the box, the TV was ok. I went online, found a bunch of calibration settings and tried at least 4 of them so far. Adjusting the settings makes a big difference from out of the box.

The TV picture is good but can't compare to my 2yr old Pani. It seems that with every show I watch, I have to make an adjustment to some setting. As you can imagine, this gets annoying. The display is either too warm or too cold and even while watching the same show I found that some scenes were too warm and other scenes were too cool. I can't seem to find a happy medium here.

As far as the bleeding is concerned. There's a slight bleed coming from the top and bottom but it's not terrible.

My son plays both XBox and Playstation. He's been playing this batman game and it looks pretty good as far as I can see.

On a positive note, the sound is better on this TV than the Pani but sound can be fixed with a soundbar. The remote IMHO is pretty good. The apps on the TV are fair. They run a bit slow. Using Youtube through the browser is much quicker than using the actual Youtube app provided by the TV. Also, I was able to plug in my HP Bluetooth keyboard to the TV and search the web with ease. The only issue is going to flash pages. Seems the latest version of flash is not installed and I haven't put much time into figuring out how to update it.

I purchased the TV at Bestbuy. It was on sale for 1799.00. The sales guy went to the web and found the lowest price 1389.00 which was pretty good.

I'm considering a return and picking up the Pani P50GT50. I thought the colors were much better on the Pani and I didn't have to change the settings with every single show I watched. I think for now I can live without the greatest 3d functionality. I know plasma's in general have their own issues but I was very happy with mine until recently. frown.gif

All comments welcomed. I hope this helps with your purchase.
post #1281 of 3968 Old 09-11-2012, 11:42 AM

Liked: 11
Got my 47 out of the box and doing initial setup. Slight disappointment that it was built in April. It's doing the FW update now, currently has 03.20.31 on it. I like that it does 5Ghz wifi too.

What's the best setup to look for flashlighting?

AMP, it's like MSG for your TV!
post #1282 of 3968 Old 09-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Advanced Member

I don't see the use of comparing an lcd tv directly to a plasma. Plasma has it's own issues and is why people buy LCD. And of course the other way around. Programming does look different like syndicated VS new network or even VS live. My experience has been once calibrated correctly you will see all of the same type shows look reasonably the same. My old Plasma was exactly the same in this regard. I also found using functions such as Dynamic Contrast can make one show look good but another not so much. in addition our CW channel for whatever reason always has faces with more red than other channels. But I see no difference in how either type somehow keep channels looking the same better than the other.
post #1283 of 3968 Old 09-11-2012, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitgod View Post

Got my 47 out of the box and doing initial setup. Slight disappointment that it was built in April. It's doing the FW update now, currently has 03.20.31 on it. I like that it does 5Ghz wifi too.

if you can return the set to exchange do it. i just had mine during the labor day and i have the August build date. there is nothing much good settings on this thread i tried most of them nothing seems hit my sweet spot.but each of us have a different taste. btw, 4 weeks from now, i hire one of the Best ISF Calibrator in the country Kevin Miller and he's gonna calibrate my set.

post #1284 of 3968 Old 09-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx1138 View Post

For those on the alternate/engineering server, a new update (04.11.05) was released today.

I don't see any changes this time maybe bug fixes?
post #1285 of 3968 Old 09-11-2012, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx1138 View Post

Quote:

I don't see any changes this time maybe bug fixes?

anybody can share the file so that we can try it to our set? using USB.

post #1286 of 3968 Old 09-11-2012, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

anybody can share the file so that we can try it to our set? using USB.

Yes, if anyone could please take the time to upload the newest firmware, it would be greatly appreciated.
post #1287 of 3968 Old 09-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Advanced Member

I do not know how to do that. It downloads itself from the TV. I don't download anything it's automatic. (Contrary to some apparantly think) in @addition I don't think you can just download the latest version I think you have do previous ones first. Also you can't go back to a precious version if do download that from the LG site. Instructions there say tv will ignore a same or previous version.
post #1288 of 3968 Old 09-11-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitgod View Post

if you can return the set to exchange do it. i just had mine during the labor day and i have the August build date. there is nothing much good settings on this thread i tried most of them nothing seems hit my sweet spot.but each of us have a different taste. btw, 4 weeks from now, i hire one of the Best ISF Calibrator in the country Kevin Miller and he's gonna calibrate my set.
Well, no need to return it if there isn't an issue. I have Silver Premiere too, so I have 60 days.

In what little amounts of time I've had black screens, it's looked ok to me as far as any bleed, though I'm still at default settings since I haven't moved the TV to its final place. Just doing an initial setup in another room to make sure the basic functions are ok before moving out the old TV.

I've been using the media link app so far to stream from the Plex running on my Mac mini off the wifi, it's worked fine so far. Not thrilled with the phaser remote. As a second remote, it's ok. So I'll need to get my Harmony One settings switched over.

I'm not a fan of break-out cables, but in this case it's a good design to have them for the analog inputs, since those don't get used as much and this saves space.

post #1289 of 3968 Old 09-11-2012, 11:13 PM

Well, only issue I have at the moment is with getting the ARC to work. I enabled it on the tv and I switched to the ARC input on my LG HTIB, but not getting audio. Tried turning off one and both devices, didn't help. A/V works fine going the other direction. And I got a new Amazon HDMI cable that can do Ethernet, since that's what the manuals specified.

post #1290 of 3968 Old 09-12-2012, 06:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I do not know how to do that. It downloads itself from the TV. I don't download anything it's automatic. (Contrary to some apparantly think) in @addition I don't think you can just download the latest version I think you have do previous ones first. Also you can't go back to a precious version if do download that from the LG site. Instructions there say tv will ignore a same or previous version.

what kind of remote that i need to use to update my firmware? any remote model?

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Displays , Onkyo Tx Nr609 7 2 Channel Network Thx Certified A V Receiver , Lg Nb3520a Sound Bar Audio System With Wireless Subwoofer Bluetooth Streaming , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page