Official LG XXLM7600 Owners Thread... - Page 46 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1351 of 3959 Old 09-18-2012, 12:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 39
1. Black level is not available to choose when watching the TV input (From your antenna) or from the RGB (computer) input. It should be on other inputs but it does appear to depend on what the signal is. If it's an HDMI signal you generally should be able to set the Black level. Certainly from a Satellite or Cable box.

2. Somewhere along the way the guide is indeed not working (as I just found when I checked) when you scroll to a channel other than what you are watching on the TV input. It used to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 3959 Old 09-18-2012, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa8 View Post

The "THX" settings already posted in this thread to my eyes is near perfect. But for some the "Warm" setting is too much but "Medium" is too cool. Warm can cast a slight redness into everything and can make the picture look just a little darker or perhaps not have as much pop. You could adjust that with the 20 IRE, but here is another way and quite customizable.
I mentioned this before but here are the settings that are based on the THX settings but takes away a little of the red and keeps whites purer and thus gives the picture a little more pop. When I use a calibration disc I will get a different set of values but not greatly different. Again to my eyes THX is very good.
Please note - THX uses the 1.9 setting not the 2.2. I think that is critical to keeping the picture looking correctly bright. Using 2,2 and cranking up the brightness or backlight does not look as good. Those that like their current settings but feel the picture is still dark at times try 1.9 and probably turn down brightness and backlight some.
Standard setting (not expert)
Backlight 50
Brightness 51
Sharpness 25
Color 53
Tint 0
Color Temp 25 to 30*
ADVANCED CONTROL
Dymanic Contrast OFF
Dynamic Color OFF
Clear While LOW
Preferred Color Skin -1 Grass +1 Sky +2
Super Resolution ON
Gamma LOW (Equals 1.9)
PICTURE OPTION
Noise Reduction OFF
MPEG NOISE OFF
Black Level LOW
Real Cinema ON
Eye Care OFF
LED Local Dimming LOW
TurMotion Smooth**
* Can vary based on personal preference. 25 to 30 is between Cool and Warm.
** I turn off TurMotion for movies especially Blu-Ray. I like the smoothness otherwise but again this is subjective. Set to your taste. I also think 3 for De-Judder and 5 for De-Blur also looks good.
I find blues and greens including the sky, grass and leaves looks a little more natural as does faces. Items that should be white no longer have a slight tinge to them and I think helps make the picture pop more along with the more natural colors.

i will try your settings today sir, until isf pro will calibrate my set. but you are missing ur contrast here sir.

(2) Energy RC 70 towers
(1) Energy Veritas 2.0C center
(2) Energy Veritas 2.0R surrounds
(2) Energy RC LCR back surrounds
(1) Rythmik LV12R sub
(1) Denon 2112CI avr
(1) LG 55" LM7600 tv
post #1353 of 3959 Old 09-18-2012, 12:51 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takito View Post

CNet´s HDTV picture settings forum: LG 47LM7600 picture settings
Review 47LM7600
Settings
Calibration report

--White Balance submenu--
Color Temperature: Warm
Method: 2-points [also adjust 20-point; see below]
Pattern: Outer
Red: 0
Green: 0
Blue: 38
Red: 0
Green: 0
Blue: 0

Blue = 38

Typo?
post #1354 of 3959 Old 09-18-2012, 02:04 PM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by powrwrap View Post

Blue = 38
Typo?

He copied and pasted directly from the CNET website settings. I am guessing it's a typo....but I initially reacted by giving the post no credibility.rolleyes.gif
post #1355 of 3959 Old 09-18-2012, 03:55 PM

Liked: 10
I´m only copy&paste from Cnet. Sorry!! smile.gif

Check the links!! Ok?
post #1356 of 3959 Old 09-18-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takito View Post

I´m only copy&paste from Cnet. Sorry!! smile.gif
Check the links!! Ok?

Takito, I didn't mean to imply that you created the typo. I should have stated that CNET apparently has a typo.

And it looks like CNET has more than one:

My calibration of this TV was a bit more successful.than it was for the LM7600.

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-19410_102-573198/lg-47lm7600-picture-settings/?tag=contentBody;threadListing
post #1357 of 3959 Old 09-18-2012, 04:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

i will try your settings today sir, until isf pro will calibrate my set. but you are missing ur contrast here sir.

Thanks! Contrast = 83
post #1358 of 3959 Old 09-18-2012, 06:44 PM

Still waiting to hear from anyone that has had their 7600 professionally calibrated. I've used the WOW disc and many of the suggested settings on this thread. Have a pretty good picture, one I can live with for sure. I'm just curious if a professional calibration will make a difference and if it is one worth paying for.
post #1359 of 3959 Old 09-18-2012, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommypolo View Post

Still waiting to hear from anyone that has had their 7600 professionally calibrated. I've used the WOW disc and many of the suggested settings on this thread. Have a pretty good picture, one I can live with for sure. I'm just curious if a professional calibration will make a difference and if it is one worth paying for.

Yes. I'm getting my replacement set tommorow. I had it from 2 weeks and I noticed there is a idead pixel on it and vertical banding issues. And I already have scheduled for ISF professional calibrator to calibrate my set on Oct 23. He said it needs min. Of 100 hours of usage b4 it gets calibrated. So we will see.

(2) Energy RC 70 towers
(1) Rythmik LV12R sub
(1) Denon 2112CI avr
(1) LG 55" LM7600 tv
post #1360 of 3959 Old 09-19-2012, 12:54 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Anyone get their 7600 to recognize an exfat USB stick?

I don't know how we are supposed to play large files over 4Gb with the limitations of Fat32; and the 7600 won't recognize exfat.

Any other solutions to this problem?
post #1361 of 3959 Old 09-19-2012, 01:38 AM

Hi,

would anyone comment on the PVR capability of the TV, please.
I would like to literally throw away the set top box from my ISP and have the TV directly manage the content from cable.
I've read somewhere, that considering HDD is attached, timed recoding of SAT/CAble is only working in case/until the TV is switched on. Thus no recording while TV is on standby.
This info sounded strange to me... plz share your experience.

thx
sircube
post #1362 of 3959 Old 09-19-2012, 05:21 AM
AVS Special Member

is this set is really a 240hz??? everytime i watch from my cable box DTV and play PS3 games it only saus 60hz???? what happened to the 240hz???

(2) Energy RC 70 towers
(1) Rythmik LV12R sub
(1) Denon 2112CI avr
(1) LG 55" LM7600 tv
post #1363 of 3959 Old 09-19-2012, 12:25 PM

Hello... This tv have support java in the web browser??? Thank you
post #1364 of 3959 Old 09-19-2012, 05:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

is this set is really a 240hz??? everytime i watch from my cable box DTV and play PS3 games it only saus 60hz???? what happened to the 240hz???

You are trying to compare two different things. One is frame rate the other is the screen refresh rate. (Sometimes called frequency)
post #1365 of 3959 Old 09-19-2012, 11:21 PM

Thought people would like this.
post #1366 of 3959 Old 09-20-2012, 12:08 AM

Liked: 11
Is everyone else just dealing with the flashlighting and light bleed on these sets? Don't get me wrong... I love this TV. I have calibrated it thanks to the settings here and think the picture is great. My issue is the flashlighting really bugs the crud out of me. I am on my third set from Amazon. The first one was awful and totally distracting during dark scenes. The second was better but still had a handful of problem areas. I hooked up my third today and it is definitely the best of the bunch but there is still two areas at the top middle that have issues. One is a very bright "flashlight". When I first turned it on it looked pretty bad all over but I gently wiped around the edges with a microfiber cloth and the majority of the issues went away. I just can't seem to massage the worst one out. I put in a letterbox blu-ray to see how bad it would be and it bugs the crud out of me. I read through all the pages on this forum awhile ago and see I am not the only one as this is common but am curious how many of you have sets without major lighting issues. I definitely am a perfectionist with a mild touch of OCD so I am not sure if I can deal with this. If it was just one area on the side or maybe not so bright I would probably just try and get used to it but... for $1500 bucks am I asking to much?

Just looking for feedback on whether or not I am wasting my time hunting for one without bright edge lights or if I should continue the quest.
post #1367 of 3959 Old 09-20-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angler View Post

am curious how many of you have sets without major lighting issues.

You can see my flashlighting issues here:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1399636/official-lg-xxlm7600-owners-thread/840#post_22196600

I don't think it is too bad. Sometimes it looks slightly worse than that, but again, once there is a signal sent to the screen I don't notice it at all.

Quote:
I definitely am a perfectionist with a mild touch of OCD so I am not sure if I can deal with this. If it was just one area on the side or maybe not so bright I would probably just try and get used to it but... for $1500 bucks am I asking to much?
Just looking for feedback on whether or not I am wasting my time hunting for one without bright edge lights or if I should continue the quest.

Post a picture of it so we can see. Otherwise, you should realize that any edge-lit LCD TV is going to have this issue. I'm kind of like you, slightly obsessed with the issue. Yeah, when I go to the settings/apps screen I can see slight flashlighting, but as soon as the picture is back on I'm in awe of the PQ so I don't sweat it.
post #1368 of 3959 Old 09-20-2012, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

after owning the 55" set for two weeks with flashlighting bleeding, four corners bleeding and a dead pixel, i returned it to best buy and i got my new replacement yesterday with the august 2012 build date, and all of my problems was gone with the new set out of the box.(no tweaks) no dead pixel, bleeding or flashligning problem. i am so very lucky with this new set and very happy that all of those problems was gone.

(2) Energy RC 70 towers
(1) Rythmik LV12R sub
(1) Denon 2112CI avr
(1) LG 55" LM7600 tv
post #1369 of 3959 Old 09-20-2012, 09:47 AM

Hello All-

Long time lurker, new poster.

I picked up the 47" a couple of weeks ago, from Amazon when they were price matching Fry's, but because of work, other then setting it up, I have had little time to play with the tv. I do have a few questions that I am hoping some of the more experienced owners may be able to answer for me, along with suggestions on some other equipment. It does not appear I have any flash lighting issues, Im not a videophile, but do notice some things more so then say my wife.

There is one thing I do not like. There is no input button on the remote. I do not mind the on screen GUI, my wife hates it, she likes things simpler. My thought is to buy a Harmony 650 remote, and program it for one touch operation. I have DirecTv, XBOX, and an AppleTV, a Blu Ray will be coming sooner then later. Do others have this kind of set up with the Harmony remote?

The other area I am looking for suggestions on, and i know its a can of worms is a sound system. I am considering an Onkyo receiver, HT-RC360, but would be open to other suggestions from other manufactures, Yamaha, Denon, Marantz, that would have similar features, AirPlay or Sirius/XM support being the most important. Those that have a receiver, do you let it do the switching for HDMI, and just run a single HDMI to the 7600? Or do you let the 7600 do the switching and send a single hdmi to your receiver?

Lastly, do any of you use a sound bar, and let the 7600 do the HDMI switching?

Thanks for your help
post #1370 of 3959 Old 09-20-2012, 10:05 AM

Powrwrap - if my TV looked like yours I would be fine. If the edge blooming was consistent I would be fine. It's the fact that one or two areas have this bright "hotspot" that really jumps out that bugs me. I read that in the CNET review last night and liked the term. The reviewer liked the TV but said it had the the worst (or one of the worst) hotspots he had ever seen. It is posts like caloyzki's above that make me want to keep questing. I will try and get a picture tonight.
post #1371 of 3959 Old 09-20-2012, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Chrisfitz,

I own the 55lm8600 but it's the same TV with a dual-core processor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfitz View Post

There is one thing I do not like. There is no input button on the remote. I do not mind the on screen GUI, my wife hates it, she likes things simpler. My thought is to buy a Harmony 650 remote, and program it for one touch operation. I have DirecTv, XBOX, and an AppleTV, a Blu Ray will be coming sooner then later. Do others have this kind of set up with the Harmony remote?

100% agree with you on that complaint. There should be a faster method right on the remote for switching inputs. I use a Harmony on my second TV but don't have one for the LG yet, so am not sure if it can be programmed for this.

Quote:

I use a soundbar and let the TV do the HDMI switching, but I don't have a choice, because the soundbar is a JBL SB300 and it only has one digital input! So everything (digital cable box, PS3, Wii) goes into the TV, and then I have one optical audio out to the soundbar. Works fine. Luckily the soundbar also has one analog/RCA input so we can plug in a smartphone for some music or to stream NFL game audio from an app.

post #1372 of 3959 Old 09-20-2012, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

may i ask, is this model use the IPS panel?

(2) Energy RC 70 towers
(1) Rythmik LV12R sub
(1) Denon 2112CI avr
(1) LG 55" LM7600 tv
post #1373 of 3959 Old 09-20-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:

may i ask, is this model use the IPS panel?

I've heard it is from members here, but I never saw it advertised as such and it definitely didn't have good viewing angles like my panny IPS.

I am guessing no based on comparison to the panny, and because if it were, LG would have advertised the crap out of it.
post #1374 of 3959 Old 09-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonwhiskey View Post

I've heard it is from members here, but I never saw it advertised as such and it definitely didn't have good viewing angles like my panny IPS.
I am guessing no based on comparison to the panny, and because if it were, LG would have advertised the crap out of it.

Actually, I believe the Panasonic uses an LG sourced panel. Read the 3D quality section:

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/tvs/panasonic-tx-l32et5b-review-50007053/

Ultimately, you are putting down the company that supplies the parts for the "superior" unit.

According to this article, all LGs use IPS panels except 65" models

http://hdguru.com/ces-2012-lgs-hdtv-line/7018/

Also referenced here:

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php?subaction=showfull&id=1336393657

Regarding black levels of the ES8000 vs Panasonic and the LG 7600

"The black color is also slightly more greyish when watched from an angle but the problem is far less evident compared to LCD-TVs based on IPS panels, such as Panasonic DT50 or LG LM7600."

Hope that's enough proof. It's an IPS panel.

post #1375 of 3959 Old 09-20-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsiv View Post

Actually, I believe the Panasonic uses an LG sourced panel. Read the 3D quality section:
http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/tvs/panasonic-tx-l32et5b-review-50007053/
Ultimately, you are putting down the company that supplies the parts for the "superior" unit.
According to this article, all LGs use IPS panels except 65" models
http://hdguru.com/ces-2012-lgs-hdtv-line/7018/
Also referenced here:
http://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php?subaction=showfull&id=1336393657
Regarding black levels of the ES8000 vs Panasonic and the LG 7600
"The black color is also slightly more greyish when watched from an angle but the problem is far less evident compared to LCD-TVs based on IPS panels, such as Panasonic DT50 or LG LM7600."
Hope that's enough proof. It's an IPS panel.

It's not enough proof. I think only one article you cited mentioned it in passing, and that was at CES. I'm not sure what you would rather believe: a third party article that briefly mentions it in passing, or the listed features on the panel/website/etc.

I'm not saying it's not IPS, just that I don't see any official declaration. Furthermore, compared to my ET5 side-by-side, I can see a difference in brightness and viewing angles, favoring the panny.

As for Panasonic using LG panels, I'm a little incredulous. Why would Panasonic use LG panels, and why would LG source out to their competitor? Would you point out where in that article is says that because I skimmed it over and didn't see anything about it. Nevertheless, I was comparing with an ET5.

I don't even know what your point was in linking that third article. It barely mentions the 7600 and Panasonic.

Don't get me wrong, I would be thrilled if it were an IPS panel. I just don't see it anywhere.

And who cares what I "put down." lol. These are TVs. This isn't an Apple forum. I call it like I see it.
post #1376 of 3959 Old 09-20-2012, 09:53 PM

Quote:

after owning the 55" set for two weeks with flashlighting bleeding, four corners bleeding and a dead pixel, i returned it to best buy and i got my new replacement yesterday with the august 2012 build date, and all of my problems was gone with the new set out of the box.(no tweaks) no dead pixel, bleeding or flashligning problem. i am so very lucky with this new set and very happy that all of those problems was gone.
this is exactly what happen to my 7600 except the dead pixel part. I called and got replaced with a new set of august build date and the problem was gone, well it still visible a bit but when local dimming was on then no bleeding at all. I forgot to look at the build date for the previous one though but i guess its probably April something.
post #1377 of 3959 Old 09-20-2012, 11:05 PM

hii frnds plz help me ... i m confused abt 2 tvs ......tel me the which tv is good .... for 2d or 3d,

sony hx850 or lg lm7600

plz repl
post #1378 of 3959 Old 09-20-2012, 11:07 PM

hii frnds plz help me ... i m confused abt 2 tvs ......tel me the which tv is good .... for 2d or 3d,

sony hx850 or lg lm7600

plz repl..
post #1379 of 3959 Old 09-21-2012, 03:25 AM

Quote:

Hello All-

The other area I am looking for suggestions on, and i know its a can of worms is a sound system. I am considering an Onkyo receiver, HT-RC360, but would be open to other suggestions from other manufactures, Yamaha, Denon, Marantz, that would have similar features, AirPlay or Sirius/XM support being the most important. Those that have a receiver, do you let it do the switching for HDMI, and just run a single HDMI to the 7600? Or do you let the 7600 do the switching and send a single hdmi to your receiver?
Thanks for your help

Actually, although there is no direct input button on the remote, the Logitech Harmony database has direct HDMI1, HDMI2, component etc buttons you can program and it works on the lm7600. I'm wondering if there is a MediaLink button though!
post #1380 of 3959 Old 09-21-2012, 03:34 AM

Quote:

Per that CNet review..."The other difference between this LG and the step-down 6700 series is refresh rate, which is 120Hz on the 6700 and 240Hz on the 7600. According to LG, the LM6700 uses a 60Hz panel with a scanning backlight for what the company calls "Black Dimension Insertion" and claims is a 120Hz effect. The LM7600 has a 120Hz panel, which combined with a scanning backlight equals, per LG, 240Hz."

Quote:

Hello All-
Long time lurker, new poster.
I picked up the 47" a couple of weeks ago, from Amazon when they were price matching Fry's, but because of work, other then setting it up, I have had little time to play with the tv. I do have a few questions that I am hoping some of the more experienced owners may be able to answer for me, along with suggestions on some other equipment. It does not appear I have any flash lighting issues, Im not a videophile, but do notice some things more so then say my wife.
Thanks for your help

I'm using a Harmony One and it works great. I find getting around the menus, once you get used to not waving the magic wand, is faster. I can just hit the programmed Apps button, highlight and select settings, and go around the menu, without having to shake my wand every few minutes to wake it up.

I mean the LG motion remote. (cough)

And I'm one of those that finds Warm as too Warm. I thought I liked cool, then started to get turned off and switched to medium at the moment. This screen is easy to get a decent picture, but takes a while to dial in with something I like.
Mr00oo00 likes this.

AMP, it's like MSG for your TV!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Displays , Onkyo Tx Nr609 7 2 Channel Network Thx Certified A V Receiver , Lg Nb3520a Sound Bar Audio System With Wireless Subwoofer Bluetooth Streaming , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page