Official LG XXLM7600 Owners Thread... - Page 70 - AVS Forum
First ... 68  69  70 71  72  ... Last
LCD Flat Panel Displays > Official LG XXLM7600 Owners Thread...
tampa8's Avatar tampa8 01:09 PM 12-02-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by badabing View Post

Hey tampa8,
Give this a try and post your thoughts, it was posted on a review website as the best TruMotion setup, giving the least amount of artifacting.
*TruMotion: "User"
De-Judder: 0 (Zero)
De-Blur: 10 (Ten)
I'll give it a try!

tampa8's Avatar tampa8 01:16 PM 12-02-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

Though, I have a question about all of this: The UPP by itself doesn't mean that LG themselves are selling higher to the retailers, it only means that the retailers themselves cannot discount too far. (Is this true?) If it is, then it's not the standard price fixing, and I'm even further in the dark as to why LG would want it at all.
That is my understanding also.
rexian96's Avatar rexian96 02:06 PM 12-02-2012
Has anybody been able to access the Advanced EZ menu using a Harmony remote? I can access the EZ Adjust Menu (picture below) but not the Advanced one and hence don't see the options to change to 5.1 AC3/DTS). Thanks.

thx1138's Avatar thx1138 06:28 PM 12-02-2012
6. Tool Option7 > EDID_TYPE > DTS/PCM/AC3
StCelery's Avatar StCelery 10:23 PM 12-02-2012
Any info from LG about updating with new apps? Any way to toss apps on there oneself?
rebelx's Avatar rebelx 06:53 AM 12-03-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

LOL.....I've seen this over and over again. People insisting that their uber top of the line TV has to be run in either Game Mode or similar hack-off-everything mode to look good. When I google the effect of all those things they hack away I discovered that they ended up with a 60/30/24Hz TV.

I guess you might be right. I usually like new tech and while the effect took a little bit for me to get used, I think it creates a sense of realism that I particularly enjoy. I'd rather figure out how to maybe amplify the effect more than to turn it off.
rebelx's Avatar rebelx 06:55 AM 12-03-2012
Can anyone tell me what the port in the fifth picture from the left does? (It's the HDMI audio port... does that mean I could connect a 3.5mm device to it to get sound? My earbuds did not work, unless I did not set it up properly).
boxorox87's Avatar boxorox87 07:20 AM 12-03-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelx View Post

Can anyone tell me what the port in the fifth picture from the left does? (It's the HDMI audio port... does that mean I could connect a 3.5mm device to it to get sound? My earbuds did not work, unless I did not set it up properly).

It is an INPUT, not an output.
arionatof's Avatar arionatof 11:30 AM 12-03-2012
Quote:

This is driving me crazy! Please help:
I have a wireless USB headset (the Playstation Pulse, to be specific).
When I plug in the USB adapter (note, this is not via bluetooth) it lights up when connected to the TV. No matter what I do, I can't get the TV to output sound to anything but the speakers (either speakers on or off). How do I direct sound to go to the USB adapter to the headset?
Lastly, if I have another headset, a bluetooth model, would the TV accept a bluetooth dongle into the USB port and tried to send sound off that way?
I think the latter might not work, but it's ridiculous that a wireless headset with USB does not!

I have the same headset and I don't think it will work with the TV because there is no drivers for it. I can think of one way it might work. I have read that that if you supply power to the wireless transmitter (via a usb charger) and then use the 3.5mm wire from an audio source (like the iPod) then the headset can receive signal. So if you can get the audio output from the TV (or from the cable box, etc) then you can get the sound that way.

I think.
jculp99's Avatar jculp99 12:34 PM 12-03-2012
Quote:

Thanks for replying. If I understand you correctly, the USBs on the TV are input only, but there's also a bluetooth module in there (or do you mean if I use my own bluetooth dongle)?
Assuming the USBs are definitely input only, and that bluetooth does not work, is there any way of my connecting wireless (USB or bluetooth) headphones to the TV? I need to have sound late at night, but can't keep the volume up :/
What about a soundbar that has bluetooth built in or a USB out? Would that be a compromise for me to be able to use my Playstation headset or another bluetooth enabled headphones?

I know you are trying to find a way to use the headphones you already own but it doesn't look like you are going to be able to do that. So now if you are thinking about buying other things (soundbar etc) to try to get them to work you might at least consider getting some nice headphones that WILL work with the optical audio out from the TV instead. I use turtle beach stuff and those headphones are great. ( http://www.turtlebeach.com/ ) I have the XP500's and they are great!!! I use them with an XBox but I think they will work with Playstation also. If not there are also specific Playstation friendly models of the headsets. In this case the sound travels to the headset base via optical signal and the base transmits wirelessly to the headphones. The upper level phones also have bluetooth capability built in to connect with game chat channels and cellular phones. Hope this helps.
tampa8's Avatar tampa8 02:12 PM 12-03-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by StCelery View Post

Any info from LG about updating with new apps? Any way to toss apps on there oneself?

Have you checked at the LG app site?
sammyon's Avatar sammyon 08:02 PM 12-03-2012
I am not getting audio when playing back '.avi' home videos on my LM7600 from a USB Drive. No sound from the TV Speakers or via External Speakers connected by ARC.
No problems with CableTV/DVDs or '.mp4' videos played from the USB drive. Seems like a bug in the latest 4.30 engineering software version since the sound for '.avi' videos was working fine before.

Can someone try playing an avi and see whether the sound works. If it does, please mention what software version you are on.
Mayjer's Avatar Mayjer 08:38 PM 12-03-2012
I've just come back from returning my second LG TV.
First was a 47LM7600 which I returned due to "flash light" effect.
They didn't have another in stock so I upgraded to the 55"
I plugged it in....and pretty much the same thing....just in different places. Was told to try it for a week or so...maybe it will "burn in"...lol
I tried a few things mentioned in this thread.
I already had things set for a fantastic pic....but in dark scenes or letterboxed signals....the flash lighting was so bloody distracting.
I tried turning on the local dimming to medium...and high....It did indeed remove alot of the effect, but unfortunately it made the picture darker than I like.
Backlight was set to 42 I believe.
Anyway....I'm hoping the replcement that comes on Friday is better. If not....do I return a 3rd TV ?!

Oh...btw.....has anyone used LG's "help" line ? OMG what a JOKE ? I waited on hold for 86 minutes one night before hanging up. The next morning I got right through. The woman attempted to help me with an audio issue....she was obviously reading from a list of responses....after about 20 minutes she said "Sir, I have been on the phone with you for 1/2 hour, I need to "help" other customers"..lol..After I stated that no...I'm not finished yet and I need your help...she let out the most rude "sigh".

Anyway...the problem was with Cinema Now. I finally got the Ap working and playing movies....but it will not come through my sound system. My cable audio still plays through the system while I'm hearing Cinema now through the TV speakers. I tried doing an optical out to the system...but nothing...Ideas?

Thanks for listening to my rant.

( If the next 7600 leaks light.....whats the opinions on the Sharp 6400 ( 640U ) (3d isn't a deal breaker)
tampa8's Avatar tampa8 10:02 PM 12-03-2012
I know you laughed at the LG assistance, but many here have indeed reported after a time the flashlighting diminished. It's too hard to help you without your specific pictures of the flashlighting or your experience with backlight TV's. For instance, have you had a backlighting LED LCD TV before? If so, are you saying this is worse, and if not, are you aware most any set of that type has it? If you have looked through this thread you have seen pics of it, compare your amount to those pics.
No question some of these sets have more than others. Do not use medium or high local dimming. Use low. If you look closely when you fist turn it on low it will gradually darken the edges while not really affecting the brightness of the screen. As a very general reply, if low does not make the problem diminished enough for you, you may need to return the TV or depending on your expectations not have this type of LCD display.
(You must have seen the back and forth and my pictures with high and low dimming on this subject?)

I can play app, or VUDU movies etc.. and OTA through the optical out to my receiver. (In 5.1 if in 5.1)
Mayjer's Avatar Mayjer 10:45 PM 12-03-2012
Actually you don't know I laughed at the LG person on the phone....actually I was fit to be tied...no laughing involved.

No...I don't think I saw your back and forth. I browsed through several hundred posts until my head hurt....I did see some "flash lighting" pics.
I doubt you know much about the type of fishing I do, but I'd be happy to teach you. I wouldn't tell you not to bother trying and suggest you turn in your new rod for your old net.

Here are some pics.
I took these last week....local dimming was at low.

StCelery's Avatar StCelery 12:22 AM 12-04-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayjer View Post

!
Oh...btw.....has anyone used LG's "help" line ? OMG what a JOKE ? I waited on hold for 86 minutes one night before hanging up. The next morning I got right through. The woman attempted to help me with an audio issue....she was obviously reading from a list of responses....after about 20 minutes she said "Sir, I have been on the phone with you for 1/2 hour, I need to "help" other customers"..lol..After I stated that no...I'm not finished yet and I need your help...she let out the most rude "sigh".

I had to use their Chat "help" today. The desk jockey, "Naomi", ended our chat session after about fifty minutes, not having resolved the issue at all; she just logged out while I was still trying to get information from her. Horrible customer service. She, also, kept typing in answers to questions other customers were, apparently, asking her, misspelled everything possible and seemed to have no comprehension of the English language as she forced me to repeat my issue and the steps I had already taken about 7 times. Using 1:1 is no better; it took them two weeks to respond to a question I posed which was time sensitive. LG really needs to work on their customer service. I'm certainly not inclined to ever buy anything from them again after my experiences.
StCelery's Avatar StCelery 12:28 AM 12-04-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa8 View Post

Do not use medium or high local dimming. Use low. If you look closely when you fist turn it on low it will gradually darken the edges while not really affecting the brightness of the screen.

Putting my local dimming on HIGH made my edge bleed nearly imperceptible. On low and medium it was very visible. On HIGH I only see it when waiting for YouTube etc. to load. And I do not have those bars of black that your screen got.
StCelery's Avatar StCelery 12:33 AM 12-04-2012
Quote:

Have you checked at the LG app site?

Yeah, I have and, amazingly, they mention nothing about adding your own apps nor about any plans to add any apps beyond this month which is why I asked here. What's your problem?
Mayjer's Avatar Mayjer 06:05 AM 12-04-2012
Quote:

Putting my local dimming on HIGH made my edge bleed nearly imperceptible. On low and medium it was very visible. On HIGH I only see it when waiting for YouTube etc. to load. And I do not have those bars of black that your screen got.

I had better luck with local dimming on HIGH....but as I said, it made the picture a little too dark for my liking....so it wasn't an option. I'm not going to "settle" for a picture I don't like to get rid of a default.
boxorox87's Avatar boxorox87 06:27 AM 12-04-2012
Quote:

Actually you don't know I laughed at the LG person on the phone....actually I was fit to be tied...no laughing involved.
No...I don't think I saw your back and forth. I browsed through several hundred posts until my head hurt....I did see some "flash lighting" pics.
I doubt you know much about the type of fishing I do, but I'd be happy to teach you. I wouldn't tell you not to bother trying and suggest you turn in your new rod for your old net.
Here are some pics.
I took these last week....local dimming was at low.

You should return that TV. None of that light should show up while you are viewing video content.
tampa8's Avatar tampa8 06:29 AM 12-04-2012
Quote:

Yeah, I have and, amazingly, they mention nothing about adding your own apps nor about any plans to add any apps beyond this month which is why I asked here. What's your problem?

I simply asked if you have been to that site. You didn't look too hard if you didn't see how to add your own apps. And LG announces apps approximately week by week. It's probably not known by anyone much past that what app will become available, with the exception of a major app like a premium one that sometimes is announced more than a week away.....
Quote:

You never said in your post you were looking for more than a week notice. That site was the answer to your question.
tampa8's Avatar tampa8 06:35 AM 12-04-2012
Quote:

I doubt you know much about the type of fishing I do, but I'd be happy to teach you. I wouldn't tell you not to bother trying and suggest you turn in your new rod for your old net.......

"Was told to try it for a week or so...maybe it will "burn in"...lol"

That amount is excessive. As I posted if low does not make it reasonable TV should be returned. There are many examples of why I answered as I did. You gave no pics to judge what you consider too much or if you have experience with back-lighting LED LCD. Several posters said it was too much only to post pictures of the smallest amount of light bleed. Others just decided after trying different brands that technology isn't for them and got Plasma or something else.

I agree with your comment 100% - using medium or high local dimming is not the answer, it may help one fault creating another problem.
rebelx's Avatar rebelx 07:14 AM 12-04-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jculp99 View Post

I know you are trying to find a way to use the headphones you already own but it doesn't look like you are going to be able to do that. So now if you are thinking about buying other things (soundbar etc) to try to get them to work you might at least consider getting some nice headphones that WILL work with the optical audio out from the TV instead. I use turtle beach stuff and those headphones are great. ( http://www.turtlebeach.com/ ) I have the XP500's and they are great!!! I use them with an XBox but I think they will work with Playstation also. If not there are also specific Playstation friendly models of the headsets. In this case the sound travels to the headset base via optical signal and the base transmits wirelessly to the headphones. The upper level phones also have bluetooth capability built in to connect with game chat channels and cellular phones. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, I just passed my 30 day window to return my Pulse headset, so I don't think buying another pair is a reasonable solution for me.

What do you think about something like this, however? I think that would work with 3.5mm audio cables (I'd lose the wireless function, but in theory, this should work). It has a "line out," so I'm assuming I'll be able to make do this way with an audio cable?

OR if I go this route, it lacks the Line Out, but I can get a Y adapter for the left and right audio, and then hook up an audio cable to the headphones. I have the Y adapter cable, so I could save a few bucks this way BUT I don't know if there would be additional signal degradation with this route (due to the additional cable in between the box and headphones) vs the above item ($10 more with shipping). The cheaper unit would be ideal because it qualifies for Amazon Prime shipping and I can easily return it whereas the former, although more convenient, would require me to pay shipping both ways if I were to return it. I only want to go the more expensive box route if there is signal degradation.

Thoughts?

EDIT: This one says it has "Provides electromagnetic-noise-free transmission." Do I take the claim seriously? If a converter box were to not say this on other products, would it deliver a hissing sound?
rebelx's Avatar rebelx 07:26 AM 12-04-2012
I am currently away from my TV at the moment, but I just played an AVI off a flash drive yesterday. I had sound on the built in speakers (I do not have externals).I am using the most recent consumer software version as of this date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyon View Post

I am not getting audio when playing back '.avi' home videos on my LM7600 from a USB Drive. No sound from the TV Speakers or via External Speakers connected by ARC.
No problems with CableTV/DVDs or '.mp4' videos played from the USB drive. Seems like a bug in the latest 4.30 engineering software version since the sound for '.avi' videos was working fine before.
Can someone try playing an avi and see whether the sound works. If it does, please mention what software version you are on.

Mayjer's Avatar Mayjer 10:55 AM 12-04-2012
Quote:

"Was told to try it for a week or so...maybe it will "burn in"...lol"

Yes....this was the manager at Future Shop telling me this.....not the LG "help" line....I hadn't mentioned she told me this. The level of knowledge on the help line wouldn't even know what "burn-in" means ( although the wrong term for this possibly clearing up...lol ) ( that was me lol'ing at myself btw )

New TV Here on Friday.
Last chance for LG I think
tampa8's Avatar tampa8 11:54 AM 12-04-2012
Quote:

The level of knowledge on the help line wouldn't even know what "burn-in" means ( although the wrong term for this possibly clearing up...lol ) ,,,,,

Sad but true. Hope the new one is good.
jculp99's Avatar jculp99 12:33 PM 12-04-2012
Quote:

Thank you for your response.
Unfortunately, I just passed my 30 day window to return my Pulse headset, so I don't think buying another pair is a reasonable solution for me.
What do you think about something like this, however? I think that would work with 3.5mm audio cables (I'd lose the wireless function, but in theory, this should work). It has a "line out," so I'm assuming I'll be able to make do this way with an audio cable?
OR if I go this route, it lacks the Line Out, but I can get a Y adapter for the left and right audio, and then hook up an audio cable to the headphones. I have the Y adapter cable, so I could save a few bucks this way BUT I don't know if there would be additional signal degradation with this route (due to the additional cable in between the box and headphones) vs the above item ($10 more with shipping). The cheaper unit would be ideal because it qualifies for Amazon Prime shipping and I can easily return it whereas the former, although more convenient, would require me to pay shipping both ways if I were to return it. I only want to go the more expensive box route if there is signal degradation.
Thoughts?
EDIT: This one says it has "Provides electromagnetic-noise-free transmission." Do I take the claim seriously? If a converter box were to not say this on other products, would it deliver a hissing sound?

I don't have any experience with the audio converters that you cite, but fundementally it seems a shame to me to have 7.1 capable headphones and downconvert a digital 5.1 signal from the TV to an analog 2 ch. stereo in order to get a signal to those headphones. I quickly checked ebay and see some lightly used Pulse headphones sell for $100. Don't know your region so I didn't check craigslist. The converters you propose may work but it seems as if you would be throwing away audio quality, surround sound and wireless functionality to get from point A to point B. I'm not trying to hawk Turtle Beach stuff here but now that you are even considering a wired solution vs. wireless, Turtle Beach has some fairly inexpensive wired 5.1 headphones. It may make sense to sell (or gift) the Pulse headphones and get something (wired or wireless) you will be happy with and works well with this fantastic TV. Just my 2 cents. Best of luck.
tampa8's Avatar tampa8 03:44 PM 12-04-2012
The Amazon app has been added. Also more 3D.
tampa8's Avatar tampa8 03:49 PM 12-04-2012
Quote:

I'll bet you do have banding that can be seen in certain scenes - everyone will if high (or medium) local dimming is used. I can see it in the BB store. If it doesn't bother you all the better. But it most certainly dims the screen and for me to an unacceptable level as Mayjer also points out. In fact I can't even get the correct contrast and brightness settings with the calibration disk when it's on high.
tgm1024's Avatar tgm1024 03:55 PM 12-04-2012
I may be alone, probably am in fact, but those light-bleed complaints have spooked me enough to no longer want this thing. Not at the current $1700 or so.
Tags: Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Displays , Onkyo Tx Nr609 7 2 Channel Network Thx Certified A V Receiver , Lg Nb3520a Sound Bar Audio System With Wireless Subwoofer Bluetooth Streaming , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver
First ... 68  69  70 71  72  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop