Forum Jump: 

post #2521 of 4021 Old 01-12-2013, 12:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorrieD View Post

Agreed. I don't actually use any of the smart features because I have a PC hooked up, but if I did I'd be a little disappointed. They move verrrrrry slowly.

I decided to try a speedtest on my PC and my TV. The results were very similar in the Mbps down and up, but the ping on my PC was 8ms and on the TV it was 32ms!
I`m not exactly sure the implications of this, but I don`t think it explains why youtube videos seem to load so much slower on the TV.

its most likely cause your computers processor is must faster than the tvs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2522 of 4021 Old 01-12-2013, 03:06 PM

This whole experience is really souring me on LG. Not so much that it happens, crap like this happens sometimes, but in that trying to fix it on the TV side seems impossible. LG doesn't give you any info in the owners guide or the guide on the TV about networking setup, was there some other booklet I'm missing? And I see no way in their menu to delete networks you've joined. I found out this morning that my TV decided to remember the wifi password after all, so now its back to the reboot if the mini is awake running plex server. How can there not be an option to forget networks? Pfft, nice job bozos.

I don't know if going into the initial settings and have it reset things would wipe out the wifi settings, but I don't feel like doing that. Other option would be to actually change my network password, which only means having to change the password on all my other devices. Sigh.

AMP, it's like MSG for your TV!
post #2523 of 4021 Old 01-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 42
As of today Jan 12 2012, I am still running firmware version 4.31.30 and have not been offered, nor sought out, version 4.31.31, mostly due to the complaints I've read here about rebooting/bricking.

Horror stories aside, people have successfully updated to 4.31.31, though, right? I read that it gives you the Amazon video app. Anything else?

post #2524 of 4021 Old 01-12-2013, 03:33 PM

OMG, LG is the biggest POS ever, I'll never buy another again.

So apparently there's a new version of plex on their site which fixes the issue. So I'm sitting here downloading it, getting ready to install it, and I had launched the old server version just to confirm what version it was. While I'm sitting there, the TV starts rebooting again and...

MY PICTURE IS UPSIDE DOWN NOW!

Yes, really, the TV image on the screen is now upside down. Tried turning the set off and on, no change. Tried launching plex again to see if a couple of reboots would jog it back, no dice. Time to call LG now.

post #2525 of 4021 Old 01-12-2013, 03:48 PM

Liked: 10
I too am having problems with my 47LM7600 since the 04.31.31 firmware update... specifically my hdmi input loses signal, as well as all of my smart features stopped working. To make it worse, everytime I turn the tv on it asks me to accept the new terms and conditions. I called LG tech support and it seemed they didn't believe me that what I was describing was happening, so they sent a tech out yesterday. The tech was just as confused as I was how it was operating. He tried resetting multiple times, in/out of service menu, etc.. still same issues. He then made a call to LG Enginneering support and they didn't believe him either but he was firm with them. They said "Well, we can try swapping out the mainboard"... so that is being done on tuesday. I will report how that goes once it's complete.
post #2526 of 4021 Old 01-12-2013, 04:16 PM

LG tech I talked to had me reset the initial settings, which at least I know now that it does wipe the wifi settings. Didn't fix the issue. So they're sending out someone on Monday. Sigh. I'm going to sit here and let the TV reboot for a while on the off chance it fixes itself. I'm on .30

post #2527 of 4021 Old 01-12-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitgod View Post

So apparently there's a new version of plex on their site which fixes the issue. So I'm sitting here downloading it, getting ready to install it, and I had launched the old server version just to confirm what version it was. While I'm sitting there, the TV starts rebooting again and...

Yes, really, the TV image on the screen is now upside down. Tried turning the set off and on, no change. Tried launching plex again to see if a couple of reboots would jog it back, no dice. Time to call LG now.

if you can, go into settings and do the "initial settings"...that will get rid of the network devices and hopefully rollback your firmware version.
you can download the firmware upgrade with your computer to a usb key and do a manual install.
post #2528 of 4021 Old 01-12-2013, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rer420 View Post

if you can, go into settings and do the "initial settings"...that will get rid of the network devices and hopefully rollback your firmware version.
you can download the firmware upgrade with your computer to a usb key and do a manual install.

it won't. LG tech tried that yesterday with mine.
post #2529 of 4021 Old 01-12-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Duemig View Post

it won't. LG tech tried that yesterday with mine.

well thats crappy.
my set is still on version 4.31.30....ive turned off the update feature and wont be updating anytime soon by the looks of it.

4.31.31 was this an official update?
post #2530 of 4021 Old 01-12-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rer420 View Post

well thats crappy.
my set is still on version 4.31.30....ive turned off the update feature and wont be updating anytime soon by the looks of it.

4.31.31 was this an official update?

Yes, and when the Tech was on phone with engineering support they advised me not to update the firmware after they replace the mainboard. I said "yeah right, I'm gonna update that thing right away and if it fails again, you are replacing the tv"
post #2531 of 4021 Old 01-12-2013, 04:45 PM

Hah, ok, somehow fixed it. I had "mirrored" stuck in my head. So I went and toggled the screen sharing a few time, no change. Until I power cycled the TV, and the picture came back proper now. (Shaking head). I'll give it a day and call LG back tomorrow to cancel if its still ok. Now I have to setup the picture again, sigh.

Not going to setup for wifi again, I've got a half dozen "smart" devices connected to the TV to do that kind of work.

There's a plex update on their website which some people have said fixes the issue. You have to download it from their download section, having your current server check for updates won't find it.

post #2532 of 4021 Old 01-12-2013, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 725 Post(s)
Liked: 971
Quote:

LOL!!!!! I'm sorry man, and I'm not laughing at your expense, but your delivery was awesome.....

Send this to all your friends! When will this stupidity end? So hysterical: Vertical Video Syndrome --- a PSA.
post #2533 of 4021 Old 01-12-2013, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hah, ok, somehow fixed it. I had "mirrored" stuck in my head. So I went and toggled the screen sharing a few time, no change. Until I power cycled the TV, and the picture came back proper now. (Shaking head). I'll give it a day and call LG back tomorrow to cancel if its still ok. Now I have to setup the picture again, sigh.

Not going to setup for wifi again, I've got a half dozen "smart" devices connected to the TV to do that kind of work.

There's a plex update on their website which some people have said fixes the issue. You have to download it from their download section, having your current server check for updates won't find it.

I'm finding myself half hoping you try it again just to see what on earth the TV was going to do next! Seriously, this is starting to sound like The Exorcist....

Send this to all your friends! When will this stupidity end? So hysterical: Vertical Video Syndrome --- a PSA.
post #2534 of 4021 Old 01-12-2013, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 46
i am on version 4.31.31 for 2 weeks already. and i didnt experience any rebooting symptoms or anything, my set just working just fine without no problem. i am just a lucky camper here.

Panasonic 60VT60
Energy RC 70 fronts
Energy RC LCR center
Energy RC LCR surrounds
Rythmik LV12R and Mirage Omni 12 subwoofers
Denon 2112CI
post #2535 of 4021 Old 01-12-2013, 06:41 PM
AVS Special Member

FWIW, you are on the right track with the culprit being Plex. It seems that there was a horribly bad revision released to the wild that just should not have been.

Here's a semi-related complaint as discussed on the plex.com website's forum:

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/48080-plex-media-server-medialink-on-lg-smart-tv/

This thing is causing bugs to appear that seem to look subtly different. Very confusing.

post #2536 of 4021 Old 01-12-2013, 07:08 PM

Liked: 14
Huh? What do you mean? I have a 1 year warranty from LG and a 1 year extension from Dell...
post #2537 of 4021 Old 01-12-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

I'm finding myself half hoping you try it again just to see what on earth the TV was going to do next! Seriously, this is starting to sound like The Exorcist....
I'll be back complaining the TV is speaking in tongues, then figure out the SAP got turned on.

post #2538 of 4021 Old 01-12-2013, 09:53 PM

My Netflix is mysteriously working today even though I left it with my account completely disconnected when I turned it off last night. Also, this update fixed the HDMI issue I was having with my MacBook constantly disconnecting. Sorry to hear you're all having so many issues. I was waiting to try Plex once they resolved the compatibility issues but it doesn't sound like that's quite happened. Someone quite a few pages back posted that their tv came out of the box with the picture upside down on the screen; I think it was assumed to be a grave manufacturing error but it sounds now like it's an insane software glitch.
post #2539 of 4021 Old 01-12-2013, 10:46 PM

i got this TV about 5-6 months back, but may be i am noticing this now only. when i switch on or off the TV, i get a small noise. it sounds like some fan stopping in a computer. is it there in all the TVs or just mine?
post #2540 of 4021 Old 01-13-2013, 12:14 AM

I've never heard any noise from mine. I'm still not used to it cuz I'm used to my last 2 LCDs clicking when I turn it off. Are you turning anything else off at the same time, like a receiver/home theater unit or DVR?

post #2541 of 4021 Old 01-13-2013, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Is there intrusive advertising on this set, and if so, is there a way to turn it off without disabling the WiFi?

I find it absolutely reprehensible that manufacturers somehow think that this is ok.

post #2542 of 4021 Old 01-13-2013, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaker_18 View Post

i got this TV about 5-6 months back, but may be i am noticing this now only. when i switch on or off the TV, i get a small noise. it sounds like some fan stopping in a computer. is it there in all the TVs or just mine?

Locate the source of the noise as best you can with your ear at various places. When you get it more or less narrowed down, go *immediately* to a store and turn a display on and off. Tell them that you've heard from a friend that it might happen on this set and you want to know if that's true before you buy. It's louder in stores, so listen as closely as you can.

NO idea if this relates to panels, so don't worry, but IME with electronics, small buzzing can sometimes be related to electronic components on their way out.

post #2543 of 4021 Old 01-13-2013, 10:36 AM

hey guys,

What is the best setting for watching football? I don't know about TV's but every time I watch I see the ball blurry when being throw. Thanks
post #2544 of 4021 Old 01-13-2013, 10:37 AM

Just registered my 47lm7600 with LG. Next is to get an extended warranty. Considering the on/off problems and someone reporting buzzing, that's incentive enough for me to get a 3yr plan. I've read a ton of threads and it seems there's a lot of varying opinions out there with the LG extended service plan vs. 3rd party warranties. I'm leaning toward the LG 3 year.

When starting the quote process online, there's a place to enter an invitation number if you have one. Anyone know if they send out special offers with better pricing if you wait for an invitation. I checked my email immediately after registering and they didn't send any special invitation.
post #2545 of 4021 Old 01-13-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinvernal View Post

What is the best setting for watching football? I don't know about TV's but every time I watch I see the ball blurry when being throw. Thanks

Best I've been able to get is with True motion on low or medium
de-judder 6
de-blur 5
adjust to your liking

I noticed that these settings were more effective after calibrating with the cnet settings.

Also if you're watching football over cable such as Time Warner, consider the source. NFL football is notoriously horrible over what must be throttled cable signals on the big network channels. There's always artifacts, and PQ issues. If you can pick up the local broadcasts over the air, you might get a somewhat better signal.

One other thing we have going against us is... the NFL. They want people in the stands. So I suspect that often local market broadcasts are doled out at lower quality. I think they bump the quality up for the playoffs... yesterdays games looked excellent (but not fantastic) vs. what I saw for regular season and last week's wildcard games. Playoff time is a time when the local market isn't a factor anymore and a chance to get more people watching. The Superbowl signal will be spectacular and fantastic.

I guess the next few weeks of playoffs is when you'll have the chance to tweak your TV for the best football settings. But that assumes you've got the best possible signal. If the NFL really is a factor due to the "conspiracy" I mentioned above, here's hoping the networks bargain for better quality when they negotiate their next contracts with the NFL. Or if the breakdown is with cable companies, here's hoping that get's fixed. It's clearly a very real problem when I can tune into a college game and see it in perfect clarity, and the next day I tune into NFL and it's shamefully awful.
post #2546 of 4021 Old 01-13-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:

I've never heard any noise from mine. I'm still not used to it cuz I'm used to my last 2 LCDs clicking when I turn it off. Are you turning anything else off at the same time, like a receiver/home theater unit or DVR?
Yes you are rite, i had connected my external hard disk to my TV, so that was giving that noise i believe. i didn't notice that noise during day, hv to chk back again when things are quite at night.
post #2547 of 4021 Old 01-13-2013, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaker_18 View Post

Yes you are rite, i had connected my external hard disk to my TV, so that was giving that noise i believe. i didn't notice that noise during day, hv to chk back again when things are quite at night.

Criminey, you scared a lot of us! LOL....

post #2548 of 4021 Old 01-13-2013, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

This is supremely aggravating! So I'm in Kmart today, and this budget 47" LG LED-LCD is on sale. $580.

http://www.kmart.com/lg-47inch-led-hdtv-47ls4500/p-012W004938657001P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1spin_prod_784764912?hei=600&wid=600&op_sharpen=1&qlt=90,0&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0
...and it was displaying a 2.35:1 movie (black bars top and bottom) and the bars were inky black with no flashlighting or clouding.

The image was certainly passable, and the super dark scenes did not squash everything to black making them unviewable like the Samsung I test drove did.

What's going on here?

post #2549 of 4021 Old 01-13-2013, 02:54 PM

I came close to getting a warranty when I got mine, but ended up not getting it. May have to rethink that now.

post #2550 of 4021 Old 01-13-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:

I came close to getting a warranty when I got mine, but ended up not getting it. May have to rethink that now.

Same. I just registered mine and it said I can buy the warranty any time up until the manufacturer's warranty expires, which I believe is 1 year from purchase date. I marked my calendar for 11 months from now so I can think about buying it then.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Displays , Onkyo Tx Nr609 7 2 Channel Network Thx Certified A V Receiver , Lg Nb3520a Sound Bar Audio System With Wireless Subwoofer Bluetooth Streaming , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page